PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville: Give me a scouting report please...

g$$
11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Who knows anything about Kirbyville?

I know they are 8-3 coming out of the Golden Triangle Area & a good district. Give me a scouting report please...offense/defense, kicking game, key players, what to watch for, injuries, other thoughts, etc.

Sweeny plays Kirbyville Friday in Conroe. Thanks for the help.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Who knows anything about Kirbyville?

Sweeny plays Kirbyville Friday in Conroe. Thanks for the help.

Kirbyville is a highly explosive offensive team, averaging both the highest number of rushing YPG and the highest number of passing YPG. With that being said, they obviously have the highest average total YPG. Kirbyville employs an aerial assault, throwing for 412, but also a running attack that averages 436 YPG. Through the course of the season, Kirbyville's defense has held it's opponents to -18 points. That is right, -18, meaning that their defense scores more points than the other team's offense. Wow! Watch out for Kirbyville this playoff season.

GS#17
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
They have a pretty good RB in Pierce Rhodes -- he's a quick kid with lots of moves. Their QB, Hazelwood, is having a good year and can put the ball in the air. Offensively, they're an average or above-average team; defensively, they haven't impressed me much, so i think Sweeny should be able to put some points on them.

g$$
11-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Keep 'em coming too.

tigerpride_08
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
exactly how many games are occuring at that stadium this weekend...i could have sworn to see something about a 2A school playing there...:confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Keep 'em coming too.

You know I was just kidding right? I don't even know what Kirbyville's mascot is....:D

GS#17
11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
They're the Wildcats, and they're black and red... :)

Here's some info for you, G$$:

K'ville Stats (http://beaumont.hearstnp.com/hssports/fb/boys/bea_boys_fb_team_page.hts?year=2006&team_id=17241)

g$$
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You know I was just kidding right? I don't even know what Kirbyville's mascot is....:D

Of course, the #s gave it away. I was just playing along too. I am sure someone knows something. Thanks GS17 for the help.

GS#17
11-20-2006, 06:44 PM
You might want to check out this clip:

Rhodes POTW (http://feedroom.gamedaytv.com/prepticket/?sid=100254&cid=10009&p=cowboys1&sessionIDPassed=cul43aby2xkzmw45cman5cmg&bhcp=1&itemid=1001212595&catid=5750)

While you're at that site, go to the highlights section, and you'll see some K'ville video. It'll give you a good look at what they bring to the table.

g$$
11-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Here's what I have gathered on Kirbyville:

- 1500+ yds. runner & passer
- losses to Carthage, WOS, & Silsbee (8-3 on year)
- RB & QB are both small kids (160 lbs. & 140 lbs.)
- QB does not run much at all, but passing #s are good
- RB Rhodes is their bellcow on offense, stopping him will be the key for sure as he must be really quick
- 4 receivers have at least 10 or more catches
- defense has given up quite a few points on year.

I respect any team coming out of this area known to play good football. Should be fun.

j_dog
11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
You can count on KV being faster than greased lightning, but I am confident that so is Sweeny. Ask Barbers Hill folks. KV will gamble on every play if necessary. In other words, they will take it to you from the get go. KV has knocked undefeated BH teams out of the playoffs the past two years, so their program is definitely no slouch. Good luck to your team.

tigerdad
11-20-2006, 07:32 PM
they are a scrappy team, they dont give up, they are not that big but they dont quit, they nearly came back and beat us (silsbee), if you shut down their rb then u have to worry about the qb, but if you can put pressure on him like we did you can shut him down !!! but all in all they are a solid team !!!!!

g$$
11-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks guys, now I know a lot more than earlier. I am sure KV will come to play. I think Sweeny may be a little bit stronger & have a few more athletes.

Sweeny 27
Kirbyville 16

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:00 AM
i still think sweeny will get this one

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 11:08 PM
should be a hell of a game, wish i was off so i could watch the doubleheader at moorehead stadium, i might be able to make the end of the kb/sweeney game !!

duckbutter
11-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
exactly how many games are occuring at that stadium this weekend...i could have sworn to see something about a 2A school playing there...:confused: Newton and Marlin play there sat. at 2 pm.

LHPfactory
11-22-2006, 08:20 PM
If Sweeny and LH win we will be going toe to toe next week. Maybe somewhere around Brenham you think?.... Hopefully thats how the week end finishes. Good luck to the Bulldogs (At least until next week) LH vs Sweeny will be a good game for sure.