PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/Decatur Clock Controversy?

howboutthat
11-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I heard something today about Decatur challenging the field goal Friday saying that time had already expired, or something along those lines, and has contacted UIL? Anyone have any more information? Or is just one of those rumors heard through the grape vine?

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by howboutthat
I heard something today about Decatur challenging the field goal Friday saying that time had already expired, or something along those lines, and has contacted UIL? Anyone have any more information? Or is just one of those rumors heard through the grape vine?

Probably just one of those rumors that goes around after a tough loss. :(

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
has to just be a rumor. I haven't heard anything legit.

44INAROW
11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Probably wishful thinking on someone's part.. Believe me, I totally understand how they feel :(

3afan
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
there is no UIL review process for that ....... itd just a rumor/lie

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
there is no UIL review process for that ....... itd just a rumor/lie
that's what I was thinking. Plus...to be able to prove that 5 seconds should've been run off the clock would be pretty hard w/o instant replay.

injuredinmelee
11-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Didnt Wylie have an incomplete pass the play before the field goal to stop the clock?
If anythign the clock expired and Wylie shoould not have had to kickoff to Decatur.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I guess the clocks stopped a second early five different times in the 3rd qt or something?

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Didnt Wylie have an incomplete pass the play before the field goal to stop the clock?
If anythign the clock expired and Wylie shoould not have had to kickoff to Decatur.

The clock was stopped right as the ball was going through the uprights. Typically...one would think the clock would run until a ref blows the whistle but in all of the noise I can't hear one on my video. No big deal...and no need to drag something like this out in what was a great game by both teams.

pero chato
11-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Sandifer mentioned something about the one second left on the clock after the field goal. I'm not sure of the rule as to when the refs stop the clock after a field goal. Maybe someone can help.
Seems like we had 4 or 5 seconds left at the state Cuero game and the time expired after the field goal.

GreenMonster
11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
This is nothing. Even if there were any truth to the rumor there isn't anything that could be done about it. Besides, time keeper was a neutral party provided by Southlake Carroll.

JT44
11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
You wouldn't believe the rumors circulating Cuero after the Hutto game....
I'm actually to embarassed for Cuero fan's to mention them

anyway......
1)One of my co-workers told me that his brother said one of the refs was marrying a Hutto coach's daughter
2)The refs left in a Car with Hutto fans
3)The refs rode in on the Hutto bus

Ridiculous stuff coming from hometown people who only have something to say when everyone's down

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Sandifer mentioned something about the one second left on the clock after the field goal. I'm not sure of the rule as to when the refs stop the clock after a field goal. Maybe someone can help.
Seems like we had 4 or 5 seconds left at the state Cuero game and the time expired after the field goal.

If you go look at wyliesports.com you can see that as the ball is going through the uprights it's at 1 second...the refs are still looking up and haven't even signalled.

http://www.wyliesports.com/SportsImages/2006/Football/Varsity/111706%20Wylie%20vs%20Decatur/index.htm?show=20061117_2357.htm

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by pero chato

When they signaled and I looked at the clock it was 3 seconds left...

was hopin' we'd get another shot but it didn't seem to work out that way...

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
When they signaled and I looked at the clock it was 3 seconds left...

was hopin' we'd get another shot but it didn't seem to work out that way...

yeah they sure let the clock run down on that one...we won't talk about how that happened ;)

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah they sure let the clock run down on that one...we won't talk about how that happened ;)

I remember going "WHAT THE HELL" and then said "Ah great game either way"...

never really paid too much attention to it...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM

You didn't even cry a little?

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:03 PM

actually in between those two comments I remember G2 saying in his most sincere voice "Nah, it's over man"...

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You didn't even cry a little?

I was sad, but hell, we went and drank some beer afterwards and took some legs off, so it wasn't too bad of a night...

jlwzz
11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I havent heard anything like that in Decatur, there was time left when he kicked the field goal and they won. great game ill be keeping up with the Bulldogs the rest of the way

jason
11-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You didn't even cry a little? he did, i gave him a tissue...and then a leg...haha...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jason
he did, i gave him a tissue...and then a leg...haha...

Well, I'm glad that he had someone like you to be there for him in his time of need, Jason.

bandera7
11-20-2006, 08:09 PM
you gotta love Cuero fans...when we were at the state track meet, we sat in front of a lot of Cuero fans, and one of them started to say that the refs from the Hutto game called the school and apologized...thats a joke, no ref will ever apologize like that. I was trying not to laugh. I mean, when you lose, you sometimes just need to convince yourself of what happened.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-21-2006, 02:37 AM
This rumor is an insult to Decatur. That is a classy program and that was a great matchup.
If anything the UIL needs to find a way to make all playoff games as good as this one. This would have been a great State Final.

But anyway, Wylie's got the mojo now. Good luck trying to stop them.

STANG RED
11-21-2006, 07:42 AM
We all have fans that will make these kinds of claims. Never lost a game they werent cheated out of someway by the officials. If your one of them, you know who you are.
This is not directed at anyone in particulare on here, just an observation in general.

Greyhound
11-24-2006, 12:20 AM
This is a complete crock, if anything the clock keeper was in Decatur's favor.

howboutthat
11-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
We all have fans that will make these kinds of claims. Never lost a game they werent cheated out of someway by the officials. If your one of them, you know who you are.
This is not directed at anyone in particulare on here, just an observation in general.

I don't ever blame it on the refs, it's not their fault they're BLIND IDIOTS WHO CAN'T SEE EVERYTHING I SEE! :nerd: :D ;)

Gobbla2001
11-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by howboutthat
I don't ever blame it on the refs, it's not their fault they're BLIND IDIOTS WHO CAN'T SEE EVERYTHING I SEE! :nerd: :D ;)

no comment, but I wanted to :D :p

Gobbla2001
11-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by jason
he did, i gave him a tissue...and then a leg...haha...

that leg didn't smell like any other leg I've ever put my honker up to... it had a very unique scent...