PDA

View Full Version : LaDainian Tomlinson

kepdawg
11-20-2006, 04:28 PM
What colleges were recruiting him coming out of high school?

Adidas410s
11-20-2006, 04:29 PM
TCU :D :D :D

kepdawg
11-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
TCU :D :D :D

I knew that one!

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 06:54 PM
he played FB until the start of his senior year -- he blew up as a RB in his senior year. but no programs bit -- his best offers were from UTEP, TCU, etc.

None from a Big12 School. He visited KSU -- they didn't offer. TAMU gave a promise of an offer, pending the results of an offer to some other RB (the offer to LT never materialized).

I dont think Texas had anything to do with him.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What colleges were recruiting him coming out of high school? What does it matter now? Are you trying to settle an arguement? :D

DU_stud04
11-20-2006, 07:21 PM
i think its one of those "look at me now, imma star and you had nothing to do with me"

kepdawg
11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What does it matter now? Are you trying to settle an arguement? :D

I'm sorry. I won't ask any more questions. :(

eagles_victory
11-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I think they didnt want to wait a year on him to sit out after transferring

he did play hs for Waco University :D

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry. I won't ask any more questions. :( haha - ask away. I'm just wondering if this is a serious inquiry or are you trying to settle an arguement with someone. :) I'm just curious.

Did you use any Spam this weekend?? :D

kepdawg
11-20-2006, 08:03 PM
haha - ask away. I'm just wondering if this is a serious inquiry or you are trying to settle an arguement with someone. :)

Did you use any Spam this weekend?? :D

I was just wondering how someone with his talent ended up at TCU.

No, I didn't use any Spam! It really wasn't cold Friday night and Saturday I just went to a soccer game at noon so the weather was real nice then.

CalallenWildcat
11-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
he did play hs for Waco University :D

His Trojans put an end to Gregory-Portland's season his senior year...I was at that game and there's a reason they use clips of it on his NIKE commercials. He was freaking unreal.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:06 PM

No, I didn't use any Spam! It really wasn't cold Friday night and Saturday I just went to a soccer game at noon so the weather was real nice then.

Ahhhhh, I see. TCU isn't that bad of school is it??

I'm glad you didn't have to resort to Spam to keep warm! :D

What games are you hitting up this weekend?

CalallenWildcat
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM

Think what he means is that TCU's football program was in the dumpster when LT went there.

kepdawg
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM

I'm glad you didn't have to resort to Spam to keep warm! :D

What games are you hitting up this weekend?

Friday @ 1 Southlake Carroll and Euless Trinity

Friday @ 7:30 Celina and Dallas Madison

Saturday Probably doing homework

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Friday @ 1 Southlake Carroll and Euless Trinity

Friday @ 7:30 Celina and Dallas Madison

Saturday Probably doing homework

Lucky! Check your PM's.

g$$
11-21-2006, 01:21 AM

Come on man, that is a stupid comment. Do you know TCU's history? Ever heard of Sammy Baugh, Davey O'Brien, Bob Lilly, Kenneth Davis, Tracy Simien, Schobel boys (Aaron, Matt, & Bo), etc.? TCU used to be darn good, including NCs in their past.

If they win their final 2 games, they will be at 10 wins again. One of only a few schools in the country to accomplish that over the past few years. Fine academic school too.

The reason someone like LT ends up at TCU is because recruiting is an inexact science. You are projecting what an 18 yr. old kid will be in 3-5 years. Everyone misses on some, others are sleepers, etc. TCU under Gary Patterson is a solid program. Maybe you need to pay better attention to results & less to fictional recruiting lists.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:23 AM
who is this kid

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
who is this kid Are you chitting me?

g$$
11-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Who?

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Are you chitting me?

nope lol never heard of him

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 01:29 AM
you pansy! haha

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:30 AM
err no im not lol

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 01:30 AM
look everyone it's a pansy! haha

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:31 AM
lol depends on who you include in everyone

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 01:33 AM
everyone but you :p

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:33 AM
awesome im not a pansy

kepdawg
11-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Come on man, that is a stupid comment. Do you know TCU's history? Ever heard of Sammy Baugh, Davey O'Brien, Bob Lilly, Kenneth Davis, Tracy Simien, Schobel boys (Aaron, Matt, & Bo), etc.? TCU used to be darn good, including NCs in their past.

If they win their final 2 games, they will be at 10 wins again. One of only a few schools in the country to accomplish that over the past few years. Fine academic school too.

The reason someone like LT ends up at TCU is because recruiting is an inexact science. You are projecting what an 18 yr. old kid will be in 3-5 years. Everyone misses on some, others are sleepers, etc. TCU under Gary Patterson is a solid program. Maybe you need to pay better attention to results & less to fictional recruiting lists.

Thanks for the history lesson and break down of the recruiting process! :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 01:35 AM
everyone is looking at a pansy who is you and you are not included with everyone. You are in the pansy category.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 01:37 AM
ugh whatever casey ill kick u in the face .... and u think im kiding

g$$
11-21-2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the history lesson and break down of the recruiting process! :rolleyes:

You made the disparaging comment about TCU, not me. When our state produces almost 400 D1 kids (most in country), sometimes you miss on some future great players.

Drew Brees was in this same recruiting class & we all know his story. Purdue gladly took him & he did ok huh? :doh:

kepdawg
11-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You made the disparaging comment about TCU, not me. When our state produces almost 400 D1 kids (most in country), sometimes you miss on some future great players.

Drew Brees was in this same recruiting class & we all know his story. Purdue gladly took him & he did ok huh? :doh:

When did I say something bad about TCU?

g$$
11-21-2006, 01:45 AM
"I was just wondering how someone with his talent ended up at TCU."

Right there!

kepdawg
11-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by g$$
"I was just wondering how someone with his talent ended up at TCU."

Right there!

So what did I say bad about TCU?

g$$
11-21-2006, 01:52 AM
So you think what you said is complimentary of TCU? Your comment implied "lesser school" all the way.

This just in: every year future stars & NFL players go to schools other than Texas, Ohio St., Michigan, USC, Florida, etc. Recruiting is an inexact science. Grades are often a factor too.

Chad Johnson & Steve Smith played on the same juco team. Johnson went to Oregon St. & Smith to Utah. That was my point.

TCU gets good kids too, just not as many as the "big boys". Classes are full of good players but lack the overall depth.

kepdawg
11-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So you think what you said is complimentary of TCU? Your comment implied "lesser school" all the way.

This just in: every year future stars & NFL players go to schools other than Texas, Ohio St., Michigan, USC, Florida, etc. Recruiting is an inexact science. Grades are often a factor too.

Chad Johnson & Steve Smith played on the same juco team. Johnson went to Oregon St. & Smith to Utah. That was my point.

TCU gets good kids too, just not as many as the "big boys". Classes are full of good players but lack the overall depth.

I'll make sure to send a letter of apology to TCU for implying that in 1996 they were a lesser school than the "big boys." :rolleyes: Good thing they had that national championship and heisman trophy winner back in the 30's so they could land recruits like LT! ;)

g$$
11-21-2006, 02:09 AM
1st of all, I am not trying to argue with you. You obviously do not know much about the history of teams before 10 years ago.

2nd, TCU was a NC more than once. Sammy Baugh was the very 1st Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee ever. Many greats have come thru that program, & I mean all-time greats.

3rd, TCU was very down for many years (like late '60 to when Jim Wacker took over in the '80s). But besides that they have always been a solid program. Rice was very good too under Jess Neely.

4th, you obviously do not understand recruiting other than what you read on Rivals.com . LT was a guy who flew under the radar & blossomed in college, now the pros. It happens all the time.

5th, no need for a letter. TCU knows their own history.

kepdawg
11-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by g$$
1st of all, I am not trying to argue with you. You obviously do not know much about the history of teams before 10 years ago.

2nd, TCU was a NC more than once. Sammy Baugh was the very 1st Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee ever. Many greats have come thru that program, & I mean all-time greats.

3rd, TCU was very down for many years (like late '60 to when Jim Wacker took over in the '80s. But besides that they have always been a solid program. Rice was very good too under Jess Neely.

4th, you obviously do not understand recruiting other than what you read on Rivals.com . LT was a guy who flew under the radar & blossomed in college, now the pros. It happens all the time.

5th, no need for a letter. TCU knows their own history.

You have got to be kidding me if you think you have a clue of my knowledge of anything based on one thread from a message board! LT is blowing up in the NFL right now, and I was simply curious what other schools had interest in him coming out of high school. TCU wasn't exactly having the same success when LT was being recruited as it has recently. That's all. No need for history or recruiting lessons.

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 02:24 AM
He's been blowing up in the league ever since he was a rookie

g$$
11-21-2006, 02:41 AM
You have got to be kidding me if you think you have a clue of my knowledge of anything based on one thread from a message board! LT is blowing up in the NFL right now, and I was simply curious what other schools had interest in him coming out of high school. TCU wasn't exactly having the same success when LT was being recruited as it has recently. That's all. No need for history or recruiting lessons.

You can argue weak conference (WAC, C-USA, now Mountain West), etc. but TCU has had a resurgence under Franchione & now Patterson (DC under Fran). Look how many 10 win seasons they have had recently. They should get there again this year too. And the program can boast of a proud history too.

I know what your question was, but in the process you knocked TCU & for that you are wrong. I am NOT saying TCU is great by any means. But it is a solid program.

When you have worked in this stuff like I have, you just appreciate the process more I guess. Recruiting is a lot tougher than people think. Guys like LT slip thru the cracks every year. That was my point all along. It simply happens for a variety of reasons. LT played more LB than RB in high school.

Just stating facts, not trying to be argumentative.

Fotbol
11-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Not many people knew LT was a Freshman at ..............you guessed it..............Marlin M-Square Texas, heck of an Athelete then, I wonder does he remember when I put a move on him in Varsity Basketball practice:D I hit his myspace page up last nite, and mentioned it:clap:

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:04 AM
WOW - I would have thought g$$ would be more concerned about the SPAM comment than the TCU comments. :D :D :D

kepdawg
11-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You can argue weak conference (WAC, C-USA, now Mountain West), etc. but TCU has had a resurgence under Franchione & now Patterson (DC under Fran). Look how many 10 win seasons they have had recently. They should get there again this year too. And the program can boast of a proud history too.

I know what your question was, but in the process you knocked TCU & for that you are wrong. I am NOT saying TCU is great by any means. But it is a solid program.

When you have worked in this stuff like I have, you just appreciate the process more I guess. Recruiting is a lot tougher than people think. Guys like LT slip thru the cracks every year. That was my point all along. It simply happens for a variety of reasons. LT played more LB than RB in high school.

Just stating facts, not trying to be argumentative.

You keep refering to TCU under Fran and Patterson. The important thing is what was the status at the time LT was being recruited. TCU turned things around after LT came on board, not before!

g$$
11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
WOW - I would have thought g$$ would be more concerned about the SPAM comment than the TCU comments. :D :D :D

What the heck does that mean? I simply stated TCU has been a good program historically. Granted they were way down, thus not being invited to join the Big 12. TCU would have been a better fit than Baylor IMO.

The bottom line is LT was not a big-name recruit at that time. It happens every year. If you put great stock in recruiting lists, then you are setting yourself up for a big fall. Very inexact science & projections. That is all.

Old Tiger
11-21-2006, 04:51 PM
MORE SPAM!

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
What the heck does that mean? I simply stated TCU has been a good program historically. Granted they were way down, thus not being invited to join the Big 12. TCU would have been a better fit than Baylor IMO.

The bottom line is LT was not a big-name recruit at that time. It happens every year. If you put great stock in recruiting lists, then you are setting yourself up for a big fall. Very inexact science & projections. That is all.

Nothing - things just seemed a little "tense" over something so silly - SPAM always helps people SMILE! :)