PDA

View Full Version : What does Faith Hill and Gilmer have in common?

BullFrog Dad
11-20-2006, 03:00 PM
They both thought they had already won the big prize.

DU_stud04
11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
ouch.....the faith hill thing funny, gilmer.....not so funny.....

IHStangFan
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
nah...they tend to remind me a little more of last year's USC team. (and what is shaping up to be THIS year's USC team) The media darling that was picked to take it all before they first kickoff of the first game was ever tee'd up.....just to be toppled. On the flip-side, I DO think Gilmer is still one of the best teams out there...they just met an equally matched team that had a better night.....but w/ USC...I dont know how many times I almost puked everytime they compared them to the All time great teams and picked USC over all of them in the weeks building up to the game. Just my opinion, USC and the rest of the Pac-10 is over-rated and IF USC plays OSU in the champ. game..they will get CRUSHED.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Is this what they call "poetic justice"?

GJ Kinne and Gilmer are out.....Kinne's old school Canton is still playing.....personally, I love it!

Buckeye80
11-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

GJ Kinne and Gilmer are out.....Kinne's old school Canton is still playing.....personally, I love it!

That is funny. Really! It is. And so fresh too! Wow! My side hurts.

DaHop72
11-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

GJ Kinne and Gilmer are out.....Kinne's old school Canton is still playing.....personally, I love it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

texasjeremy
11-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Please fill us in......What is a faith hill?

Buckeye80
11-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy

Ask BBDE. He should know by now.:D

wooden bear
11-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
nah...they tend to remind me a little more of last year's USC team. (and what is shaping up to be THIS year's USC team) The media darling that was picked to take it all before they first kickoff of the first game was ever tee'd up.....just to be toppled. On the flip-side, I DO think Gilmer is still one of the best teams out there...they just met an equally matched team that had a better night.....but w/ USC...I dont know how many times I almost puked everytime they compared them to the All time great teams and picked USC over all of them in the weeks building up to the game. Just my opinion, USC and the rest of the Pac-10 is over-rated and IF USC plays OSU in the champ. game..they will get CRUSHED.

Stop talking

IHStangFan
11-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Stop talking talking? I bet you meant typing...but thats okay...go lay down and rest...it'll be okay.

texasjeremy
11-20-2006, 04:09 PM

Is it one of those generic private schools. ;)

BullFrog Dad
11-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Please fill us in......What is a faith hill? Hot country music babe.

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.celebopedia.com/hill/images/faith_hill.jpg
Faith Hill

gobbler grad
11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad

now that's funny...I don't care who you are...:clap: :clap:

lostaussie
11-20-2006, 08:00 PM
yes sir.........Lake Worth.........now there is a hot bed of football talent:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Ask BBDE. He should know by now.:D
This is Faith Hill.....
http://www.sbea.mtu.edu/users/njhutula/ba1200/homework/homework1/Good%20Music/faith_hill.jpg

Rabbit'93
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Why do people still feel the need to rub it in?

lostaussie
11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Why do people still feel the need to rub it in? I will say this and be polite about it. Gilmer started on a mission in about 2000 to be recognized among the states elite. We got a coach committed to doing things right, changed the offense from the ground floor up, hired the best assistant coaches we could find, and so on and so on. 1 state championship and a 49-4 record in the last 4 years have put Gilmer in the elite. Unfortunately, due to some bad publicity before the season started, we had to be the bad guys this year. We didn't go looking for that kid, he came looking for us. There is not one single school in this state that would have turned him down.......but thats another story. We will be back, better than ever. We lose very little from a team that was and still is one of the best in the state. Very few of the Gilmer folks ever came on here or any other boards I read and predicted a championship. Every town has a few knuckleheads and we have ours. I haven't noticed any of them posting the last few days though. Get your licks in..........it's all good. We will rebound, and someday soon the worm will turn. And you know, not that I'm glad it's over, I'm relieved that it's over. In Gilmer, MY HOME TOWN, we can now move ahead.

DaHop72
11-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I will say this and be polite about it. Gilmer started on a mission in about 2000 to be recognized among the states elite. We got a coach committed to doing things right, changed the offense from the ground floor up, hired the best assistant coaches we could find, and so on and so on. 1 state championship and a 49-4 record in the last 4 years have put Gilmer in the elite. Unfortunately, due to some bad publicity before the season started, we had to be the bad guys this year. We didn't go looking for that kid, he came looking for us. There is not one single school in this state that would have turned him down.......but thats another story. We will be back, better than ever. We lose very little from a team that was and still is one of the best in the state. Very few of the Gilmer folks ever came on here or any other boards I read and predicted a championship. Every town has a few knuckleheads and we have ours. I haven't noticed any of them posting the last few days though. Get your licks in..........it's all good. We will rebound, and someday soon the worm will turn. And you know, not that I'm glad it's over, I'm relieved that it's over. In Gilmer, MY HOME TOWN, we can now move ahead.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great post, aussie.

bandera7
11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I agree, its getting old...Gilmer's kids worked hard too, they dont deserve all this crap coming their way. They just got beat by a team that played the perfect game. Nobody can win them all. Gilmer has come close these last few years though.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I agree, its getting old...Gilmer's kids worked hard too, they dont deserve all this crap coming their way. They just got beat by a team that played the perfect game. Nobody can win them all. Gilmer has come close these last few years though.

Well, they did win in 2004. ;)

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I will say this and be polite about it. Gilmer started on a mission in about 2000 to be recognized among the states elite. We got a coach committed to doing things right, changed the offense from the ground floor up, hired the best assistant coaches we could find, and so on and so on. 1 state championship and a 49-4 record in the last 4 years have put Gilmer in the elite. Unfortunately, due to some bad publicity before the season started, we had to be the bad guys this year. We didn't go looking for that kid, he came looking for us. There is not one single school in this state that would have turned him down.......but thats another story. We will be back, better than ever. We lose very little from a team that was and still is one of the best in the state. Very few of the Gilmer folks ever came on here or any other boards I read and predicted a championship. Every town has a few knuckleheads and we have ours. I haven't noticed any of them posting the last few days though. Get your licks in..........it's all good. We will rebound, and someday soon the worm will turn. And you know, not that I'm glad it's over, I'm relieved that it's over. In Gilmer, MY HOME TOWN, we can now move ahead.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: As always, nice post 'aussie!!! :thumbsup:

mustang04
11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
yes sir.........Lake Worth.........now there is a hot bed of football talent:thinking:

i didn't wanna get in on this cuz i have ALOT of respect for Gilmer....but in Lake worth's defense....whats the point of having allll that talent (which Gilmer obviously has) and not get past the first round?

like i said...i'm just here to fight for the 'little man' , those 3a schools who don't have 6 D1 prsopects each year but still work hard enough to make it deep in the playoffs

lostaussie
11-20-2006, 08:43 PM
nm

GreenMachine
11-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I will say this and be polite about it. Gilmer started on a mission in about 2000 to be recognized among the states elite. We got a coach committed to doing things right, changed the offense from the ground floor up, hired the best assistant coaches we could find, and so on and so on. 1 state championship and a 49-4 record in the last 4 years have put Gilmer in the elite. Unfortunately, due to some bad publicity before the season started, we had to be the bad guys this year. We didn't go looking for that kid, he came looking for us. There is not one single school in this state that would have turned him down.......but thats another story. We will be back, better than ever. We lose very little from a team that was and still is one of the best in the state. Very few of the Gilmer folks ever came on here or any other boards I read and predicted a championship. Every town has a few knuckleheads and we have ours. I haven't noticed any of them posting the last few days though. Get your licks in..........it's all good. We will rebound, and someday soon the worm will turn. And you know, not that I'm glad it's over, I'm relieved that it's over. In Gilmer, MY HOME TOWN, we can now move ahead. I agree with everything you said except the QB situation. I don't know that we would have turned him down, but he wouldn't have wanted to play behind our homegrown bad-a$$ QB.

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
haha i dont care who you are thats funny right there

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree with everything you said except the QB situation. I don't know that we would have turned him down, but he wouldn't have wanted to play behind our homegrown bad-a$$ QB.

You got that right. :thumbsup:

DukeNukem
11-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i didn't wanna get in on this cuz i have ALOT of respect for Gilmer....but in Lake worth's defense....whats the point of having allll that talent (which Gilmer obviously has) and not get past the first round?

like i said...i'm just here to fight for the 'little man' , those 3a schools who don't have 6 D1 prsopects each year but still work hard enough to make it deep in the playoffs

great post aussie, but i certainly agree with mustang04 here as well. 3a's or any size school in west texas and the south plains are lucky to have 1 D1 prospect every 10-20 years if ever. jealousy maybe, but we take pride in winning without the talent that at least one east texas school seems to waste year in and year out.

Bull19
11-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad

WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
great post aussie, but i certainly agree with mustang04 here as well. 3a's or any size school in west texas and the south plains are lucky to have 1 D1 prospect every 10-20 years if ever. jealousy maybe, but we take pride in winning without the talent that at least one east texas school seems to waste year in and year out.

How does an East Texas team waste it? HAve you seen how many East Texas Teams have won state last few years? Usually the teams that beat East Texas Teams in the play-offs....is other East Texas teams.

mustang04
11-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
How does an East Texas team waste it? HAve you seen how many East Texas Teams have won state last few years? Usually the teams that beat East Texas Teams in the play-offs....is other East Texas teams.

ARE other east texas teams...ARE...not IS...wow....so i see now what yall do learn in east texas!! keep it.:kiss:

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
ARE other east texas teams...ARE...not IS...wow....so i see now what yall do learn in east texas!! keep it.:kiss:

Wow I love it when someone decides to attack your grammer instead of the content of the discussion

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow I love it when someone decides to attack your grammer instead of the content of the discussion

so true... in most cases (not all, most) it means "damn, I can't beat your brain here, but I can sure beat what your finger typed wrong"...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Honestly I'm not gunna rub it in because those players worked their butts off this year and their fans are some pretty down to earth folk from what I've read on here...

But I think why a lot of people are rubbing it in is because in all honesty, we all got the feeling that all of the great posters from Gilmer had bought into it way too much...

lostaussie, I personally feel we buried the hatchet a while back... I appologized for going crazy about the Kinne deal and you accepted... so I'm not trying to argue, just trying to maybe shed some light... you gotta admit, the "apparently you don't know anything about Gilmer" style comment toword BBDE and comments like that from every other Gilmer poster minus Buckeye80 is the real reason people are rubbing it in... dammit I don't know his name, but Arcolumbus Gilmerus or whatever was pretty dang arrogant from the first scrimmage whistle (not to say I didn't admire it in a way)...

I know some Cuero fans are pretty arrogant as well, so I could understand people going down to this level if Cuero gets upset early on as well, but I guess it's just how you eat Crow these days...

Congrats to Gilmer on a great season... though there was a loss, they're still one of the top teams in the state in my honest opinion...

lostaussie
11-21-2006, 12:08 PM
there will be only 2 champions when it is over. there is still alot of sad folks to come. we just happened to be some of the first. nearly everyone on this board will get to taste defeat before the season is over. to those left standing.........enjoy. it's a great ride.

gobbler grad
11-21-2006, 12:34 PM
there will be only 2 champions when it is over. there is still alot of sad folks to come. we just happened to be some of the first. nearly everyone on this board will get to taste defeat before the season is over. to those left standing.........enjoy. it's a great ride.

I agree with ya 100%...:thinking:

happy:D or sad:(

mustang04
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
so true... in most cases (not all, most) it means "damn, I can't beat your brain here, but I can sure beat what your finger typed wrong"...

actually...it just means that i felt like i already put in my good 2 cents worth...i already said i have alot of respect for gilmer...what makes me mad is when ppl cant take a joke...cuz seriously...go back and look at my posts...hardly any punctuation, alot of bad west texas grammar, etc.....Gobbla you certainly should know by now i post in good fun