PDA

View Full Version : Football Christmas Trees

LHMom
11-20-2006, 01:52 PM
How many of you decorate your Christmas tree with your favorite team &/or sport?

I've had a Liberty Hill purple and gold tree for the last 3 years. The football players loved it - they had to locate their personal ornament. (Defense #'s on the purple ornaments, Offense #'s on the gold ornaments.) I put ticket stubs, pom-poms, small megaphones - you name it - anything purple/gold. It was pretty awesome.

I will be going back to traditional tree decorating this year since I don't have anyone on the team.

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 02:17 PM
wow that is neat im surprised more people dont do that

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
How many of you decorate your Christmas tree with your favorite team &/or sport?

I've had a Liberty Hill purple and gold tree for the last 3 years. The football players loved it - they had to locate their personal ornament. (Defense #'s on the purple ornaments, Offense #'s on the gold ornaments.) I put ticket stubs, pom-poms, small megaphones - you name it - anything purple/gold. It was pretty awesome.

I will be going back to traditional tree decorating this year since I don't have anyone on the team.

That's cool....I wish I had seen it and a Mom had done that for us when I was in HS....

setxsports
11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Mine's a Dallas Cowboy Tree!

LHMom
11-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That's cool....I wish I had seen it and a Mom had done that for us when I was in HS....

I have a picture but I am no good at posting pictures on here.

CenTexSports
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
LHMom could you do one for me this year? Just throw yellow flags all over it.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by **********
Mine's a Dallas Cowboy Tree! I've had one of those before. :nerd: :D

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I have a picture but I am no good at posting pictures on here. Send me a link & I'll do it for you.

maroonpirate04
11-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Now thats school pride:clap: :clap: very cool to show your love for you school.

maroonpirate04
11-20-2006, 04:30 PM
:thinking: I wonder if any Sinton fans thought of doing that with Neverending S's maroon/white streamers football's megaphones, and little Pirates on it

Stownhorse
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM

S'water always has one in the Varsity locker room and everyone has a bulb with their name in it.

gobbler grad
11-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by **********
Mine's a Dallas Cowboy Tree!

I can just imagine what's hanging from it...:eek:

44INAROW
11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I can just imagine what's hanging from it...:eek:
OMG funny comeback GG :D

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I can just imagine what's hanging from it...:eek: Well, let's see 5 Super Bowl rings for starters!! :D :p :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, let's see 5 Super Bowl rings for starters!! :D :p :D

:clap:

You showed them. Way to hold down the fort while I was taking my nap.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 06:49 PM

Finally after some technical difficulties LHMom's tree: :thumbsup: :clap:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/Tree1.jpg

LHMom
11-20-2006, 06:57 PM
There are footballs and little tiny picture frames with football pics in them, too!

And just to the right (outside of the picture) there is a 3 1/2 foot Santa, sporting his Panther cap and purple/gold pom-pom.

MarginalTalent
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
I couldn't get away with decorating the whole tree, but my wife has made two concessions - a Red Raider and a Dallas Cowboy Christmas ball. It wouldn't be xmas without them.

bandera7
11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I always have my Notre Dame bulb on...I am working on finding a Philadelphia bulb too. Why anybody would put a cowboys bulb on, I just dont understand....:)