carter08
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Discuss this also

gobbler grad
11-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Aggies will surprise you this week...:eek:

coach
11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
i like the chances bc mccoy might not pay but if mccoy plays we might need the 14th man

Cameron Crazy
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Texas is going to win..

11TARPON
11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I also remember lot too long ago people were posting that the Aggies would go 3-0 on their last three games.

coach
11-20-2006, 11:50 AM
and we were 3 points away i also remember a long time ago some people were talkin about a rematch with osu....guess we were all wrong

DU_stud04
11-20-2006, 12:24 PM
a&m could beat texas, id like to see it now that neither team will get a big bowl

stxfootballfan
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
a&m could beat texas, id like to see it now that neither team will get a big bowl

If Texas wins out they still go to a BCS bowl

CHS_CG
11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I hope and pray A&M will win.. I am sure if Mack announced right now that McCoy wont be playing then people would be goin crazy but I have to give him more credit than that.... We wont know about McCoy till the last minute. I am thinkin this is goin to be a close game.. but if we lose by 1 freakin point imma be pissed!

GIG EM AGGIES! BTHO TU! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TMer25
11-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by coach
i like the chances bc mccoy might not pay but if mccoy plays we might need the 14th man

Mack announced McCoy is a 100% and will start on Friday

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I hope and pray A&M will win.. I am sure if Mack announced right now that McCoy wont be playing then people would be goin crazy but I have to give him more credit than that.... We wont know about McCoy till the last minute. I am thinkin this is goin to be a close game.. but if we lose by 1 freakin point imma be pissed!

You won't have to worry about losing by 1 freakin point.
It'll be by more than ONE! :p :p :p

HOOK 'EM!!!

Buckeye80
11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You won't have to worry about losing by 1 freakin point.

It'll be by more than ONE! :p :p :p

HOOK 'EM!!!

Quit startin' crap! I don't like you anymore.:(

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Quit startin' crap! I don't like you anymore.:(

Good - that's how I like it!! :devil:

GOFOR2
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
A&M's best chance at beating Texas this year is in softball, since the Cat is gone.

Buckeye80
11-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
A&M's best chance at beating Texas this year is in softball, since the Cat is gone.

Fair weather fans make the world worth living in.

Dogman_1969
11-20-2006, 04:11 PM
I predict that atm has the ball on the UT 2 yd line with under a minute to go with UT leading by 5.

1st and goal - the aggy's run JL on a wide sweep for 1 yd loss.

2nd and goal - JL on the lead down to the 1 yd line.

3rd and goal - option right with UT dropping the aggy qb behind the line.

4th and goal - Coach Fran kicks a field goal only to not get the onside recovery on the kickoff.

The Horns win by 2......

And Fran and Smorgusborsky Lane get into a fist fight on the atm sideline.............................

\m/ Hookem \m/

:devil: :devil: :devil: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Buckeye80
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

And Fran and Smorgusborsky Lane get into a fist fight on the atm sideline.............................

But the fight doesn't last long as it is broken up by both Mack Brown's herpes infested bottom lip and his wig.

Gig 'em

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Texas wins, nuff said

Antec
11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Remember the game is in Austin-If it were in College Station, could be a different story

howboutthat
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Haha, this post made me laugh. Texas still has an okay defense. Their offense just isn't that great, IMO.

But as for the A&M UT game, I'm going with A&M. Last year A&M hung with the longhorns the whole game. Expect to be surprised in the fourth quarter. A&M by two.

coach
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by howboutthat
Haha, this post made me laugh. Texas still has an okay defense. Their offense just isn't that great, IMO.

But as for the A&M UT game, I'm going with A&M. Last year A&M hung with the longhorns the whole game. Expect to be surprised in the fourth quarter. A&M by two.

are you kidding me their offense is on of the best in the nation...their qb has 29 td's...its their defensive that gets torched

carter08
11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by coach
are you kidding me their offense is on of the best in the nation...their qb has 29 td's...its their defensive that gets torched

he meant softball :D

coach
11-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by carter08
he meant softball :D

lol o sorry i feel stupid...my apologies

howboutthat
11-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Haha, my bad, coach. I was referring to the softball post.

coach
11-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by howboutthat
Haha, my bad, coach. I was referring to the softball post.

no thats myfault shoulda read closer

g$$
11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Colt McCoy & Justin Blalock will both play Friday, as announced by Mack Brown today. Texas will win & more howling about Fran will resume. By me included!!

Dennis "Little Debbie" Franchione:
24-22 overall at A&M
1-12 vs. Texas, OU, Tech, & Nebraska
0-9 vs. Texas, OU, & Nebraska

Enough said. May be 24-24 by January too.

tigerpride_08
11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
i think texas big then probably expected...still a sour taste in their mouth from the Kansas State game...

GOFOR2
11-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Who's a fair weather fan? Cry baby.

wedo
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I say that the game is close untill midway through the 3rd and then the depth and talent of Texas shows! Colt will play and there is no way Texas will score less than 40 on A&M! Mcgee hasn't been consistent enough passing to put up 40 points! Even though Texas secondary is banged up they still have the top rush Defense in the country, and thats what A&M's gam plan will be. So Texas 42 A&M 20.

Bandera YaYa
11-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Remember the game is in Austin-If it were in College Station, could be a different story Ha, this made ME laugh!!!! :D

g$$
11-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by wedo
I say that the game is close untill midway through the 3rd and then the depth and talent of Texas shows! Colt will play and there is no way Texas will score less than 40 on A&M! Mcgee hasn't been consistent enough passing to put up 40 points! Even though Texas secondary is banged up they still have the top rush Defense in the country, and thats what A&M's gam plan will be. So Texas 42 A&M 20.

It is way past time to quit blaming injuries for the Texas secondary problems. Their starters have played & NOT played very well to be quite honest. Tarell Brown, Aaron Ross, & the Griffin twins are the 4 starters. Don't blame Beasley, Ishie, Joseph, or others for the problems. Blame the pass rush or Chizik refusing to play much nickel coverage. Quit making lame excuses please.

WEDO: you have done this way too often lately. K-State game comes to mind. Those were the starters in there getting beat numerous times. Do your homework before blaming the wrong guys. Or watch the game again. Just please stop. It is tired & just plain inaccurate.

Texas 38
A&M 24

SpreadtheRed
11-21-2006, 01:39 AM
A&M beats Texas???........yea, and grizzly adams had a beard....

Who-dun-it!!?
11-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech almost did it. cept they quit playing at halftime.
A&M's gotta shot if they bring a can of whoop a#$ with em.

wedo
11-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$
It is way past time to quit blaming injuries for the Texas secondary problems. Their starters have played & NOT played very well to be quite honest. Tarell Brown, Aaron Ross, & the Griffin twins are the 4 starters. Don't blame Beasley, Ishie, Joseph, or others for the problems. Blame the pass rush or Chizik refusing to play much nickel coverage. Quit making lame excuses please.

WEDO: you have done this way too often lately. K-State game comes to mind. Those were the starters in there getting beat numerous times. Do your homework before blaming the wrong guys. Or watch the game again. Just please stop. It is tired & just plain inaccurate.

Texas 38
A&M 24

Look back at my posts bud! I did say that Texas was manned up way too much, K-State also ran a lot of crossing routes and its hard to stay with someone through traffic in the middle of the field, Texas should have ran more zone and also got out of the base defense in the Tech game. and even though i think Texas secondary is good they haven't been playing very well as of late. I also said if Colt would not have been hurt i think Texas wins that game, b/c the entire team seems to rally behind him. And i also said Snead did a good job and the Defense should not have gave up that many points. So get your facts strait before you start smashing me, and don't question my football knowledge!!! I may be just a t-shirt fan in your eyes but believe me i know more football than you!!!

awizzy
11-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
A&M beats Texas???........yea, and grizzly adams had a beard....
grizzly adams did have a beard...lol i love that movie

Phil C
11-21-2006, 10:02 AM

:eek:

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
What time is this game?

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What time is this game?

@ NOON on Friday. :)

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 10:06 AM
@ NOON on Friday. :)

YAY!! My Friday is completely booked now!

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
YAY!! My Friday is completely booked now! Mine too, may have to leave this game a little early to make it to Alice in time for the 4A showdown b/w Calallen & Beeville. :doh:

Phil C
11-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I think it is 11:00 A.M. (or at least that is ABC starting time).

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think it is 11:00 A.M. (or at least that is ABC starting time). Caller Times has NOON, but we both know they make mistakes. :p

Phil C
11-21-2006, 10:12 AM

Hey Go it is spelled CAT not Cat. What a hugh mistake in spelling that is!

Phil C
11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Caller Times has NOON, but we both know they make mistakes. :p

Hey pirate the UT web site says 11 A.M. but maybe that is for the preliminaries. I am going to be there earlier just to be sure. :)

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey pirate the UT web site says 11 A.M. but maybe that is for the preliminaries. I am going to be there earlier just to be sure. :) Yeah, you need to be there way before to get the full experience. Don't forget your camera!!! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
11-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Mine too, may have to leave this game a little early to make it to Alice in time for the 4A showdown b/w Calallen & Beeville. :doh:

I think your day is busier than mine.

I'm just watching the UT/A&M game and then getting ready and heading to Pecos!

Oh yeah....and decorating the Christmas tree...but I can do that during the game!

Phil C
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

ALAS! ALAS! SURELY THERE WILL BE MORE HAPPIER DAYS THAN THIS!!

:( :( :( :( :(

UTatx
11-21-2006, 02:32 PM
The J-Train is the aggies only hope...our defense had a tough week against KSU, but were fired up this week

He will run over our players a couple times, but they'll need more than a big fat guy to win this football game...

The game's in austin. That is all

g$$
11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Look back at my posts bud! I did say that Texas was manned up way too much, K-State also ran a lot of crossing routes and its hard to stay with someone through traffic in the middle of the field, Texas should have ran more zone and also got out of the base defense in the Tech game. and even though i think Texas secondary is good they haven't been playing very well as of late. I also said if Colt would not have been hurt i think Texas wins that game, b/c the entire team seems to rally behind him. And i also said Snead did a good job and the Defense should not have gave up that many points. So get your facts strait before you start smashing me, and don't question my football knowledge!!! I may be just a t-shirt fan in your eyes but believe me i know more football than you!!!

Hey bud- I will put my knowledge of football against yours anyday OK? And you have said MANY times that the secondary injuries have been the problem. That is just wrong & plain inaccurate. Show me where the young kids are to blame please? Show me? Blame the upperclassmen, blame Chizik & scheme, blame the pass rush, blame whatever, but please quit passing the buck & crying injuries. (I did not bring up Colt or anything else here - just your injuries excuse on defense.)

What about depth, coaching, great recruiting classes, etc.? Quit making excuses. A&M & every other team in the country has injuries & attrition. Ohio St. replaced 9 starters this year on defense, including many high draft picks. It is called college football. Each year is different.

g$$
11-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Caller Times has NOON, but we both know they make mistakes. :p

11:00 AM Central Time (noon Eastern) on ABC nationally.

(that's 11:00 AM for us)

wedo
11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey bud- I will put my knowledge of football against yours anyday OK? And you have said MANY times that the secondary injuries have been the problem. That is just wrong & plain inaccurate. Show me where the young kids are to blame please? Show me? Blame the upperclassmen, blame Chizik & scheme, blame the pass rush, blame whatever, but please quit passing the buck & crying injuries. (I did not bring up Colt or anything else here - just your injuries excuse on defense.)

What about depth, coaching, great recruiting classes, etc.? Quit making excuses. A&M & every other team in the country has injuries & attrition. Ohio St. replaced 9 starters this year on defense, including many high draft picks. It is called college football. Each year is different.

Dude did you not read what i wrote? I said plain and simple that i did not like the defense of calls ! You know the part that i said i didn't like all the man coverage the whole game! Please all you know are footaball stats and what you watch on tv! I think Texas has lots of Depth, such has Dion Beasley even though he started the season off as a redshirt they took that off the week of the Iowa St. game. I think he just needs a lil more playin time and all of Texas underclassmen will be great. And you and the rest of Aggie nation will continue to lose this decade to Texas b/c they have more depth and better recruits. The team has a whole didn't play good against K-State, recievers dropping passes. And who is crying? Im not all i said was that the team seems to respond better to adversity with Colt in the game! Could Texas have won the Kstate game? Don't know b/c the defense didn't play to well. So get your story straight before you get your panies in a bunch!

g$$
11-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Dude did you not read what i wrote? I said plain and simple that i did not like the defense of calls ! You know the part that i said i didn't like all the man coverage the whole game! Please all you know are footaball stats and what you watch on tv! I think Texas has lots of Depth, such has Dion Beasley even though he started the season off as a redshirt they took that off the week of the Iowa St. game. I think he just needs a lil more playin time and all of Texas underclassmen will be great. And you and the rest of Aggie nation will continue to lose this decade to Texas b/c they have more depth and better recruits. The team has a whole didn't play good against K-State, recievers dropping passes. And who is crying? Im not all i said was that the team seems to respond better to adversity with Colt in the game! Could Texas have won the Kstate game? Don't know b/c the defense didn't play to well. So get your story straight before you get your panies in a bunch!

TV & stats? I played the game too fella (we lost in State Semifinals), even played a sport in college, so get your facts straight. Worked in college & pro sports too for years. So if you want to argue with me, come with facts please. You & other Horns have repeatedly said "injuries to secondary" many times. You are right about one thing, Texas does have good young players, that was never disputed. But the young kids have NOT been to blame. Period.

A&M has been mediocre, as I have said countless times. I want Fran gone too. I don't cry or make excuses. A&M should be better with the resources, $$, facilities, alumni, etc. Other sports at A&M have surpassed football to say the least (both basketball teams in top 13 in country, soccer in Elite 8, etc.).

Here are the Rivals.com Recruitng #s for 2002-2005
National Class Avgs. for Football:
OU = 5.5
Texas = 11.5
A&M = 13.5
Tech = 40.5

& for fun
Ohio St. = 16.75

Not as big of a gap as you might think huh? It is what you do with that talent that matters. Paper does not win or lose games last time I checked.

bulldogman06
11-21-2006, 08:34 PM

Id go with our Basketball team also...

g$$
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, both men & women, thank you. Basketball is going strong in Aggieland under Gillispie & Blair.