PDA

View Full Version : Region IV POTW Voting

injuredinmelee
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Voting ends Wed morning. WE did things a little different this week. I have enlisted the help of 5 very noble souls to help me pick 3 nominees from each classification. After everyone turned in their picks I put them into the poll. I will leave it up to those that are part of the new process if they wish to be identified.

Israel Ochoa - Orange Grove-
7 rushes - 116 yds. - 1 td.
1 rec. - 3 yds. - 1 td.
2 interceptions - both returned over 50 yds for tds. but one was called back because of penalty.
total of 3 tds. for the game

Cuero's Fabian Olguin -
9 rushes for 181 yds. in a little over 2 quarters of work. 20 yds. per carry average

Hondo Andy Werner vs Lytle

19 carries, 228 yards and 3 Td's
1 reception for 8 yards
1 interception
1 punt return for 46 yards

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 11:10 AM
You know I always thought it was Weiner and not Werner... shows how much I paid attention... had I not realized it was WeRner, I would have voted for Fabian because I don't vote for weiners... but since it's WeRner I voted for him...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Injured....

[QUOTE]James Delgado WR/DB 3 catches, 150 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT[QUOTE]

This was the first person nominated in the nominations thread, yet you leave him out of the voting.

Go see for yourself. Nomination was from Tarp.Fan.Gal.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Hey Injured....

This was the first person nominated in the nominations thread, yet you leave him out of the voting.

Not everyone that gets a nomination is selected. Just the way things go and NO it isn't anything against Valley teams. You can't argue against the 3 that were chosen.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Alright... there's one write in for JAmes Delgado...

that is strange he's not in there, very good stats...

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Alright... there's one write in for JAmes Delgado...

that is strange he's not in there, very good stats...

He was one of MY finalists. *shrugs*

44INAROW
11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey Injured....

did you read what Injured wrote - he alone does not make the nominations.. there are 5 others to make suggestions as well...

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
i have a small question...why arent the names in unison on the way they are on the actual thread and the poll? if they were i think it might be more accurate, because there is always someone not paying attention and mark the 2nd one cause that was where the description was, but actually mean to vote for the 1st or 3rd on the ballot...just a thought.:confused:

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i have a small question...why arent the names in unison on the way they are on the actual thread and the poll? if they were i think it might be more accurate, because there is always someone not paying attention and mark the 2nd one cause that was where the description was, but actually mean to vote for the 1st or 3rd on the ballot...just a thought.:confused: I asked the same thing. Injured's response was SO YOU DO PAY ATTENTION. ;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-20-2006, 11:57 AM
well of course we pay attention...if no one paid attention when they voted...bad state of affairs right there...anyway, that doesnt negate from the fact that it makes the poll a little less credible and not as reliable.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not everyone that gets a nomination is selected. Just the way things go and NO it isn't anything against Valley teams. You can't argue against the 3 that were chosen.

With all due respect, how do you know that for sure? It's not you making the thread for the POTW voting. It's Injured.

Besides, I'm not claiming Anti-RGV anything on anyone's part, but I do find it strange. This isn't the first time a player from the RGV is nominated, and then snubbed from the voting.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM
With all due respect, how do you know that for sure? It's not you making the thread for the POTW voting. It's Injured.

Besides, I'm not claiming Anti-RGV anything on anyone's part, but I do find it strange. This isn't the first time a player from the RGV is nominated, and then snubbed from the voting.

I'm one of the 5 people and as I posted above, he did make MY list, but maybe he didn't make the others.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Ok, I was unaware that there are 5 people that ultimately decide who gets to be voted on.

Why not make it simpler?

Anyone who gets a nomination should be considered for POTW and leave it at that? Eliminates drama.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Ok, I was unaware that there are 5 people that ultimately decide who gets to be voted on.

Why not make it simpler?

Anyone who gets a nomination should be considered for POTW and leave it at that? Eliminates drama.

Cause we like pissing people off. :devil: :D

footballgal
11-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Ok my write-in nominations is for James

James Delgado WR/DB
Port Isabel High School, Junior
vs Lyford Bulldogs

Delgado, who finished the game with
three catches for 150 yards, a touchdown
and an interception.

IF I can't do that, then my vote goes to Werner, from Hondo.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Cause we like pissing people off. :devil: :D :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
You know I always thought it was Weiner and not Werner... shows how much I paid attention... had I not realized it was WeRner, I would have voted for Fabian because I don't vote for weiners... but since it's WeRner I voted for him...

lol he is not a weiner trust me haha

44INAROW
11-20-2006, 12:53 PM

Why not make it simpler?

I posted this @ 10:46 am -

Originally posted by 44INAROW
did you read what Injured wrote - he alone does not make the nominations.. there are 5 others to make suggestions as well...

wooden bear
11-20-2006, 01:17 PM
This the dumbestg thing on this site. The kid with the best stats hands down is in last place. He had 200 plus yards with 3 tds and an int and yet he is behind someone with 180 yards. Come on take this crap off of here.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I read it. I was simply replying to Pirate's post. But still, I was unaware that there were 5 people that made the ultimate decision. WHY that is, I haven't a clue.

I figure if someone gets nominated, he should be considered in the voting no questions asked, not even from "The 5".

Give EVERYONE that was nominated a fair chance. Just my 2 cents. 5 people choosing who gets to be voted on......NOT cool.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
This the dumbestg thing on this site. The kid with the best stats hands down is in last place. He had 200 plus yards with 3 tds and an int and yet he is behind someone with 180 yards. Come on take this crap off of here.

Don't bother with the Cuero fans. They vote for their kid even though his stats aren't as good as another player, in this case, Werner from Hondo.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I read it. I was simply replying to Pirate's post. But still, I was unaware that there were 5 people that made the ultimate decision. WHY that is, I haven't a clue.

I figure if someone gets nominated, he should be considered in the voting no questions asked, not even from "The 5".

Give EVERYONE that was nominated a fair chance. Just my 2 cents. 5 people choosing who gets to be voted on......NOT cool.

Here is the deal. Life isn't fair. Due to the tremendous response now that the playoffs are in full swing, only THREE noms are gonna be used. If you'll look at regions I and III there are more than 3 noms in each of those regions. Some kids were left off the voting there too. Does it mean they aren't worthy? No. It just means that someone had better stats that week.

IHStangFan
11-20-2006, 01:51 PM
come on....do we, or the players being voted on REALLY give a rat's back side that the 3ADL voted them MVP for week (insert week here)??? Is it something that will get them a scholarship? Do you think Mack Brown or Stoops when recruiting for next year will go "oh look....this kid was voted MVP for Region III during week 7 last year by the 3ADL...hes a must have" No....so why argue about such things?

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 02:14 PM
ur right stangfan because this is just for fun jsut to get the peoples opinion if my hometown guy doesnt wini dont get mad im like eh whatever so why argue over something like this

Rule11) HAVE FUN!!!!!

44INAROW
11-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Don't bother with the Cuero fans. They vote for their kid even though his stats aren't as good as another player, in this case, Werner from Hondo.

DO NOT EVEN PRETEND TO THINK YOU KNOW WHO I VOTE FOR.. JEEEZ - not that it is any of your business. I voted for the Hondo player -

unlike some certain folks, I don't vote for a player just because they are from a certain team - likewise, nor do I b**** and moan because who I think ought to be there isn't..........

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
DO NOT EVEN PRETEND TO THINK YOU KNOW WHO I VOTE FOR.. JEEEZ - not that it is any of your business. I voted for the Hondo player -

lol well i vote for my hometown person if there is one but if not i can usually count on cuero to be on there so i vote for that one

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok fine, I'm dropping the subject.

GreenMachine
11-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok fine, I'm dropping the subject. Best if you just tuck your tail and run :D

GreenMachine
11-20-2006, 02:49 PM
This the dumbestg thing on this site. The kid with the best stats hands down is in last place. He had 200 plus yards with 3 tds and an int and yet he is behind someone with 180 yards. Come on take this crap off of here. Wouldn't be impressive if was 30 carries, but it was 9. I hate replying to a DORK! :mad:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Best if you just tuck your tail and run :D

See? I knew you Cuero peeps would jump me. But I ain't runnin', I just know when to stop trying to win an argument I can't win.

GreenMachine
11-20-2006, 03:30 PM
See? I knew you Cuero peeps would jump me. But I ain't runnin', I just know when to stop trying to win an argument I can't win. Amounts to the same thing hardhead. Oh, not hardhead, tarpon.

injuredinmelee
11-20-2006, 03:39 PM
wow I leave to go have lunch and look what happens on the dlow...

Heres the deal. It is my opinion that if you include every single nominee you get kids that are simply nominated because of homers. Sure there are good numbers put up by some of the kids left off of the voting but we have a pretty good cross section of people wading through all the nominees. Each region is represented. SOme regions including IV have two voters. When you include everyone in the voting its skewed by homerism.

As far as listing them as they are on the page I cant believe that is such a big deal and how exactly does it affect the integrity of the poll? I cant see how a human that can read would have much problem with it. There names are clearly marked. Just paying attention a little bit (about as much attention span as it takes to urinate) and the problem should be miniscule.

JT44
11-20-2006, 03:49 PM
this isn't the heisman or some kind of player of the year, its potw voted on by FANS on a MESSAGE BOARD. So go ahead and be a homer, I am.
20 yds/carry for olguin.
the kid from hondo only had 47 more yards on 10 more carries. If fabian would of had the touches in the 3rd qtr, he would have gotten well over 250.

wooden bear
11-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Goal accomplished. HAHA. Im the biggest dork you will ever meet and proud of it.

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Isreal Ochoa

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Two Cuero people admitted they voted for Werner???

NOOOOOOOOOO...

I haven't voted for a Cuero player in the Region poll the last two times, and in the last statewide poll, in which a Cuero player was a the Region IV rep, I did not vote for the Cuero guy...

I've also tried my best to nominate other players from other places, but due to the Victoria Advocate's lack of good coverage at times I can't always find it...

GreenMachine
11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Goal accomplished. HAHA. Im the biggest dork you will ever meet and proud of it. No doubt

wooden bear
11-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I dont know who you are but your stupid and mean.

injuredinmelee
11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I dont know who you are but your stupid and mean.

since you dont know how to quote other posts no one has a clue what your talking about.

Boosty_Hondo
11-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
since you dont know how to quote other posts no one has a clue what your talking about.

lol i was thnking the same thing but didnt want to say it lol

wooden bear
11-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

YOU. Since you have to be a butt about things. IM TALKING ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU

RMAC
11-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Cause we like pissing people off. :devil: :D

That just totally made my day P4S. Thanks for the laugh.

Butkus
11-21-2006, 09:15 AM

Besides, I'm not claiming Anti-RGV anything on anyone's part, but I do find it strange. This isn't the first time a player from the RGV is nominated, and then snubbed from the voting. :bigcry: Sumbody needs ta quit whinin.

injuredinmelee
11-21-2006, 09:24 AM
YOU. Since you have to be a butt about things. IM TALKING ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU

well good I am glad we finally got that out in the open. I didnt want anyone else to be the brunt of your childish posts. Go Rutgers.

Butkus
11-21-2006, 09:37 AM
YOU. Since you have to be a butt about things. IM TALKING ABOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU Once agin forrest gumps mamma would say. Stupid is as stupid does.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Once agin forrest gumps mamma would say. Stupid is as stupid does.

uh huh :thinking:

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
That just totally made my day P4S. Thanks for the laugh. LOL. I'm glad I made someone laugh today! :thumbsup:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
:bigcry: Sumbody needs ta quit whinin.

And you are......who?

I already dropped the subject.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
And you are......who?

I already dropped the subject.

Well, if you had really you wouldn't be back here. I'm just saying. :D ;)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
:doh:

*sigh*

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM
:doh:

*sigh*

:kiss: :kiss: It's gonna be okay!! :)

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 11:23 PM