PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Fans!!!

Bobkat
11-12-2002, 08:46 AM
Just wanted to respond to some of the post on this website. I've seen quite a few Liberty fans post about not getting any respect or not being picked to win this game. So what!!! That's the position I would want to be in. Predictions are for fun and people are going to make them. That's why they play the game people. Orangefield and Liberty were both picked all year to lose, but look where both teams have ended up. Your not going to hear me or any of the true Bobcat fans talking smack on this site. We know what type of team yall have over there in Liberty and we know that we're going to have to play our best game to win. Our friendly next door neighbors, Bridge City, are rooting for Orangefield just like B-Hill and Coldsprings are rooting for yall. It's a district thing, everyone wants to see their district do well. Bottomline, everyone has their own prediction, but know one really knows the outcome of anything. Lets just keep it friendly and don't start ripping each others team. Neither team is over-rated, both deserve to be right where they're at and if anything both teams are over-achievors if you ask me. Good Luck to both teams and lets just remember these are kids playing a game no matter the outcome.

bubbabrown07
11-12-2002, 09:03 AM
I agree totally. The way I see it, both teams are nearly identical. We've both risen from being very low picks in the preseason to go on to the playoffs. And, yes, we love being the underdog, as we've been it nearly all year long. This should be one heck of a game.....
Good luck to you guys..... wink wink

Bobkat
11-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Orangefield was also the underdog for most of the year, even late in district play we were picked to lose some games that we won. Our kids have fed off that all year long.
I've seen Liberty on film this week and believe me our coaches and players know that they're going to be in for one heck of a fight come friday night. Trojandad hit it on the nose when he said "three yards and a cloud of dust" best describes Liberty's offense. I totally agree with him. Orangefield has had trouble with teams that line up and run right at them, hopefully they'll make some adjustments to slow Liberty down. Bottomline, this is a football game that either team could win. It could be a close game or a blow out either way. If Orangefield doesn't show up it could be a long night. Again, Good Luck to both teams!!! :D

trojandad
11-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Well said Bobkat. Who among us didn't think that Hamshire Fannett wasn't going to be the 2nd team behind BC after their upset of the Hill at the beginning of the year? And would anyone have picked Liberty instead of Splendora at the beginning of the year? They both have come from nowhere and did it with strength.

I think this game will be great because neither team has anything to lose, they have already exceeded everyone's early predictions of them, anything else either team gets by going into the playoffs is gravy. Having beat Liberty each of the last two years by one point each year, I guarantee you nobody from Coldspring thinks Liberty has not earned their place to play Orangefield.

As for the game for us against Hardin, we are going to try our best to get a big grill on wheels down to the game on the visitors parking lot for a pre game tailgate party with some links, beans and chicken. Don't know if we'll get one yet, but if any of you see a grill going strong before the game, come say hi in the parking lot. Any of you district rooters, BH players, all of you feel free to get a bite to eat with us. Everyone will know Trojandad, just ask for me. I'm the proudest dad with the best son on the team. Course that's easy to say when they are all my sons. LOL See you at the game. GO TROJANS !!!

AggieJohn
11-12-2002, 02:30 PM
trojandad:
Well said Bobkat. Who among us didn't think that Hamshire Fannett wasn't going to be the 2nd team behind BC after their upset of the Hill at the beginning of the year? And would anyone have picked Liberty instead of Splendora at the beginning of the year? They both have come from nowhere and did it with strength.

I think this game will be great because neither team has anything to lose, they have already exceeded everyone's early predictions of them, anything else either team gets by going into the playoffs is gravy. Having beat Liberty each of the last two years by one point each year, I guarantee you nobody from Coldspring thinks Liberty has not earned their place to play Orangefield.

As for the game for us against Hardin, we are going to try our best to get a big grill on wheels down to the game on the visitors parking lot for a pre game tailgate party with some links, beans and chicken. Don't know if we'll get one yet, but if any of you see a grill going strong before the game, come say hi in the parking lot. Any of you district rooters, BH players, all of you feel free to get a bite to eat with us. Everyone will know Trojandad, just ask for me. I'm the proudest dad with the best son on the team. Course that's easy to say when they are all my sons. LOL See you at the game. GO TROJANS !!!so who are you son's...the brown's

AggieJohn
11-12-2002, 02:41 PM
trojandad:
I think this game will be great because neither team has anything to lose, they have already exceeded everyone's early predictions of them, anything else either team gets by going into the playoffs is gravy. That is where i can pretty much guarantee that your wrong. Liberty has been too the playoffs 20 times now in it's existence, and 8 years in a row now, and have only made it out of the first round once in 1997. Making it to the playoffs is expected by panther tradition, getting past the first round is what exceeds expectation. They want more than just one game. That i can guarantee you!

trojandad
11-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Not the Browns, though we sure have them over a lot. Darius is here almost every night most weeks. His biological dad doesn't give him the support I think he should and I'm very proud for the place I have in his life, Darius is such a great guy and leader. Aaron Brown was a grade casualty this session so he won't be there for us against Hardin, but he wasn't there for Huffman either and we still got good fullback yardage. Thank goodness that's one place we have good depth.

My biological son on the team is not a "look at me" kinda guy on these boards, so he's asked me in the past to not give his name and number on here. But trust me, as much as I am glad for the place I have with the Browns' lives, I'm very proud of my son and his accomplishments this year on the field. He made the starting team as a sophomore last year only to lose it in preseason to a broken foot. Instead of sulking he got that much more focused and came out looking like Adonis this year. I'm very proud of him.

I wish you guys from Liberty would quit looking for insults where there aren't any. Everyone in our district is pulling for you. Just buckle up and play ball. Words are for toilet paper, good for one run and easily flushed. Go Panthers!

LP-DB
11-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Let the way each of us play do all teh talking on the field

# 80

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 01:55 PM
LP-DB:
Let the way each of us play do all teh talking on the field

# 80Blaine...learn to spell check your stuff my brother......don't make yourself look stupid...

LP-DB
11-13-2002, 07:26 PM
i didn't make myself look stupid..everyone knew exactly what i meant..

# 80

5inchtaint
11-13-2002, 08:23 PM
people know what you mean but unless you can type you need to spell check...