PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW (Round 2): Celina vs Dallas Madison

PHS Wildcats
11-19-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm suprise no started a poll on this game yet? This game was talked about during the regular season, now it's here!!!

Friday 7:30 @ Mckinney Poe Stadium

Who you got & why?

gobbler grad
11-19-2006, 08:38 PM
had Madison picked earlier in the season, but now having some doubts...leaning more toward Celina going the distance...Celina playing some good ball right now and should be fairly close game...should be as good as the Wylie/ Decatur game last week...:thinking:

bobcat1
11-19-2006, 09:08 PM
No doubt I am backing the Bobcats in this one. We are playing some Good D right now. Maybe we can eek out a W if we stop that fast running back and make them throw. Madison is good at that also. Come Friday at about 10pm you will have your answer as to whether Celina can hang in 3A. I think I know the answer already.:D

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Celina Bobcats!

Cameron Crazy
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
D-Madison!

CelinaCatFan
11-20-2006, 10:07 AM
I'll take Celina in a close one (28-21). Madison will give us all we want and then some. Their team speed (not just at the skill positions) concerns me. However, I think our overall depth comes up big in the second half and is the difference in the game.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
This game will be broadcast on the PassPlay Network on THSF :)

sweetwater07
11-20-2006, 01:18 PM
how far is Mckinney from Aledo...i might want to drive friday night to watch Celina get beat and then get up early to watch Sweetwater beat Vernon.....
i think if Madison can utilize McNeal and have that O-Line working hard for that back....Celina won't be able to stop them....i kinda wish Celina would win so i won't have to see madison's ugly jerseys if we play them....anyone seen those things..they are terrible

PHS Wildcats
11-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Because ther are green and yellow doesn't make them ugly.

They are not as bad as Oregon

tigerpride_08
11-20-2006, 06:25 PM
i see Madison taking this one...i just can't see Celina coming up so soon and winning state...they are making it look to easy!!!

kenco13
11-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i see Madison taking this one...i just can't see Celina coming up so soon and winning state...they are making it look to easy!!!

Beating Madison is still a very long way from winning State. You might think that Celina is making it look easy but, they have worked very hard to get where they are. Winning at the 3A level isn't new to them and winning State isn't either. You don't have the success they have had over the last several years without hard work. I'll go with tradition and pick Celina to win this one by pulling away in the second half. Go Bobcats! :) LOL Kenco13

PHS Wildcats
11-21-2006, 02:01 PM
If I wasn't going to Waco, this would be the game I'd go to

KennedaleFaN
11-21-2006, 07:49 PM
i have personally have seen Mcneal play football. The kid has major talent and did i mention speed ? i have not seen Celina play but Mcneal will test celina's defense !

i say Dallas Mad- 28 Celina - 24

VolcoM187
11-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Because ther are green and yellow doesn't make them ugly.

They are not as bad as Oregon

no joke Oregon's are by far the worst..but Madison's aren't too great either

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Celina 13-6

JR2004
11-24-2006, 01:56 AM
This will probably be a good game. The worry that I have for Madison is the same one I've had all season and it's injuries. They're very thin on depth to begin with as they have just 29 players on the varsity and the injury bug has hit them very hard this season with some pretty severe injuries to key players. Last week it kind of came to a head when both cornerbacks that started were back-ups and they had an injured LB who was forced into action in the 4th quarter because they had no one else to put in there. Heck even Shawnbrey had to take the field defensively to play corner in the 2nd half when one of the back-up corners got hurt.

Madison was very, very fortunate in 2004 and 2005 injury-wise, but this season it's been one injury after another and I'm not talking about the natural bumps and bruises that you'll get from playing football. I'd say this game would just be a pick'em under normal circumstances, but I told Kepdawg last week that I'd say Celina should be the favorite going in because of some of the players Madison might not have on the field later on this evening. I'll still be there pulling for whatever guys Madison has out there and hopefully they'll figure out some way to get back to the third round again this season.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
This will probably be a good game. The worry that I have for Madison is the same one I've had all season and it's injuries. They're very thin on depth to begin with as they have just 29 players on the varsity and the injury bug has hit them very hard this season with some pretty severe injuries to key players. Last week it kind of came to a head when both cornerbacks that started were back-ups and they had an injured LB who was forced into action in the 4th quarter because they had no one else to put in there. Heck even Shawnbrey had to take the field defensively to play corner in the 2nd half when one of the back-up corners got hurt.

Madison was very, very fortunate in 2004 and 2005 injury-wise, but this season it's been one injury after another and I'm not talking about the natural bumps and bruises that you'll get from playing football. I'd say this game would just be a pick'em under normal circumstances, but I told Kepdawg last week that I'd say Celina should be the favorite going in because of some of the players Madison might not have on the field later on this evening. I'll still be there pulling for whatever guys Madison has out there and hopefully they'll figure out some way to get back to the third round again this season.

My head says Celina...but my heart says Madison (especially after reading that article)!

Darren
11-24-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know alot about these teams but judging by their records they are very good.

I will take a complete guess and say Celina by 7.

Good luck all

pirate4state
11-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My head says Celina...but my heart says Madison (especially after reading that article)! Right there with ya!! :thumbsup: ;)

Gobbla2001
11-24-2006, 01:51 PM
My head says Celina, and my heart says Celina... it sucks to be cheered against by just about everyone because the other team has a "grab me a tissue" story (not taking the story lightly)... plus if you read, Celina's got a sad story also...

the only bobcats I want winnin' this week.... Go Celiner...

charlesrixey
11-24-2006, 02:44 PM
thanks gobbla--

how you been the last five years?

bobcat1
11-25-2006, 04:07 PM
n/m