PDA

View Full Version : State Championship Volleyball games

luvhoops34
11-19-2006, 02:15 PM
My daughter and I were in San Marcos yesterday for the State Championship Volleyball game.

We made a day of it and watched all five matches. Region IV qualified teams in 2A, 3A, 4A and 5A. I'm proud to say that Region IV brought home TWO state championship trophies. Poth won in 2A in three games and Wimberley won in 3A in five games.

Poth cruised to an easy win, marking their third championship in a row. Wimberley had a tougher time of it playing against a much taller Canyon team. Wimberley's tallest player was 5'9". But coaching and perseverance paid off and Wimberley prevailed.

Poth also had the 2A honor team introduced for winning the state championship ten years ago. Those girls also did a three peat, winning in 95, 96, and 97. Poth has had some exceptional athletes over the years.

The Poth girl who received MVP, Sr. Aimee Huffman, was MVP for the third year in a row!

The Champions were:

1A - Collinsville over Windthorst in 5 games

2A - Poth over Jewett Leon in 3 games

3A- Wimberley over Canyon in 5 games

4A - Dumas over Cedar Park Vista Ridge in 5 games

5A - Amarillo over San Antonio Regan in 3 games

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 02:17 PM
:clap: :clap: Sounds like a nice way to spend the day!! :)

Congrats to Poth & all the other champs!! :clap:

ILS1
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow!!! Windthorst actually lost!!!! They are so dominate in v-ball!!!!

:D :D

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: Sounds like a nice way to spend the day!! :)

Congrats to Poth & all the other champs!! :clap:

You just couldnt bring yourself to actually type "Congrats to Poth AND Wimberley", could ya?? LOL...just jabbin' atcha...

LuvHoops...wish I would have known you were there, would of like to have said Hi!

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You just couldnt bring yourself to actually type "Congrats to Poth AND Wimberley", could ya?? LOL...just jabbin' atcha...

LuvHoops...wish I would have known you were there, would of like to have said Hi! I ALREADY gave Wimberley my CONGRATS on another thread! :p I did that just for you!! :kiss:

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah...I know....but I like seeing it typed with YOUR name at the top.

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah...I know....but I like seeing it typed with YOUR name at the top. ummmmmmmmm, okay.

luvhoops34
11-19-2006, 03:45 PM

LuvHoops...wish I would have known you were there, would of like to have said Hi!

We ended up sitting with the Canyon fans because we stayed in the same seats from the Poth/Leon game. I was very impressed with Wimberley. They stuck with it through five very tough games.

coach
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
who wonm in 3a?

rb585
11-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Wow!!! Windthorst actually lost!!!! They are so dominate in v-ball!!!!

:D :D

First time anyone but Round Top or Windthorst has won the 1A title in 15 years!

:eek:

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by rb585
First time anyone but Round Top or Windthorst has won the 1A title in 15 years!

:eek: :eek: Really?? WOW!! CONGRATS TO COLLINSVILLE!!! :cheerl: :thumbsup:

BTEXDAD
11-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

We made a day of it and watched all five matches. Region IV qualified teams in 2A, 3A, 4A and 5A. I'm proud to say that Region IV brought home TWO state championship trophies. Poth won in 2A in three games and Wimberley won in 3A in five games.

How can this be? Region IV is always so weak.

Just kidding. Congrats to all the champs.
Bellville had a team honored also for being state champs in 96 (won in 95,96,97). Bellville sure wanted to get back to title game again this year, but alas, it was not meant to be.
When Bellville won last yr, their 95 team was being honored and that's a great feeling for current and past players.

Phil C
11-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Weak Region 4 brought home two state championships!

:)

:clap:

luvhoops34
11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Weak Region 4 brought home two state championships!

:)

:clap:

"Weak" Region IV also had four teams in the finals!