PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Vernon

SWMustang
11-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Heard it's in Wichita Falls but I don't know what time

This game makes me nervous. I think Vernon is a pretty good football team. It's nice they're not a pass happy team but they seem to be able to run the ball quite well. Any Vernonites got any insights to the team - what you do well, top players etc?

sww-bull52
11-19-2006, 10:27 AM
KXOX is reporting the game is 1:00pm Sat in Aledo.

VWG
11-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Vernon has a good team, and their two key players IMO are Aston Whiteside and kid name Miller their QB. Whiteside is a load at FB, goes around 225-230. Miller goes about 190lbs and can run pretty good on the option. Vernon will have to utilize these two guys in their offense to beat Sweetwater. Whiteside will have to get about 20 to 25 touches for Vernon to be effective..... they can't get away from getting him the ball. If Sweetwater has the beef up front and in the LB positions to stop Whiteside, then Sweetwater will throw Vernon off it's offensive strength.
Hall (Vernon HC) needs to pound Whiteside and combine that with Miller rolling out and throwing those short pass routes.

Stownhorse
11-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
KXOX is reporting the game is 1:00pm Sat in Aledo.

Is this the truth?

sweetwater07
11-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Is this the truth?

it seems way out of the way...i would figure Lubbock or something..and if we had to go east..i would figure Burleson..their stadium is like 3 years old and EXTREMELY nice.....8i have never even seen Aledo's stadium

Stownhorse
11-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
it seems way out of the way...i would figure Lubbock or something..and if we had to go east..i would figure Burleson..their stadium is like 3 years old and EXTREMELY nice.....8i have never even seen Aledo's stadium

Well me and my padre were talkin and we wouldnt be suprised if we took it to stephenville.

sweetwater07
11-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Well me and my padre were talkin and we wouldnt be suprised if we took it to stephenville.

i think that is about even for both teams..just more south for Vernon and more east for us..but either way....Sat. at 1 in Aledo....thats a hell of a drive on a Saturday Morning.....

Gobbla2001
11-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Was talking with some cousins and all yesterday at our little reunion deal... he lives in Sweetwater and follows the team for the most part and was giving me the lowdown on the Mustangs...

Good Luck Swater

sweetwater07
11-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Was talking with some cousins and all yesterday at our little reunion deal... he lives in Sweetwater and follows the team for the most part and was giving me the lowdown on the Mustangs...

Good Luck Swater

whos your cousin?

Gobbla2001
11-19-2006, 10:59 AM
whos your cousin?

I don't know :thinking: :D

Stownhorse
11-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't know :thinking: :D

hahaha

Gobbla2001
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
I think they're in the hotel across from us...

I gotta get going I think we're about to head back south...

Adios!!!

sweetwater07
11-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I think they're in the hotel across from us...

I gotta get going I think we're about to head back south...

Adios!!!

lol

fury900
11-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Nov 25 (Sat) Vernon VS Sweetwater (Area) Aledo 1:00pm :(

http://www.kvwc.com/

Stownhorse
11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by fury900
Nov 25 (Sat) Vernon VS Sweetwater (Area) Aledo 1:00pm :(

http://www.kvwc.com/

Man that pisses me off.....Im off friday and work saturday...

wildstangs
11-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Aledo's stadium is pretty new (I think this might even be the first year they have used it) I would rather go there than to Wichita Falls anyways. Wonder what happened to WF, did Midwestern win their playoff game or something?

VWG
11-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Aledo's stadium is pretty new (I think this might even be the first year they have used it) I would rather go there than to Wichita Falls anyways. Wonder what happened to WF, did Midwestern win their playoff game or something?

You're correct. Aledo ISD stadium is brand new this year. Pictures can be seen on Aledo ISD website. Seats about 9,000 with field turf.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Midwestern did win but their next game is away.

The coaches probably agreed on a mutual site instead of a home/home deal. I heard that Jackson wanted to play Friday and Hall wanted to play Saturday. Maybe they made a gentlemens agreement on working out the details. I hate to have to drive all the way to Aledo. Abilene would have been much better.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-19-2006, 12:26 PM
I think Vernon is similar to Sweetwater. I would say that Vernon will be considered a huge underdog in this game. But don't discount the Lions...they were a holding call away from beating Decatur. It was that close. Of the 5 losses -- 2 came in overtime (Burk & Mineral Wells) They threw a TD pass with 1 min. to go to take the lead over Decatur but had a holding penalty negated the play then they didn't convert. Graham beat Vernon but it was a close game. Midland Christian is the only team that just out classed them.

Vernon's weakness is that the receivers they have drop the ball. They just can not catch it. They have a very tough ground game. Like to run the FB up the middle and or option with the QB keeper. They have had some great play action but the receivers drop the ball when they are open.

The last time these two teams met Vernon won 6-3. See pic below!

wildstangs
11-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I remember that day in Lubbock. Both teams ran, ran, ran, and neither of them really got anywhere. Game started at 12 - I was in my truck by 2.

GreenMonster
11-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm disappointed that these 2 teams have decided to play this game in Aledo. That is a tremendous drive for both teams that could have been avoided by deciding to play a home/neutral game with Vernon choosing Wichita Falls and Sweetwater choosing Abilene. Now both schools will drive further than what either team would have driven for the home/neutral. Disappointing.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Sweetwater Vs. Vernon

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Sweetwater will win this one.

smustangs
11-19-2006, 12:59 PM

Aledo's stadium isn't even a year old its brand new this year. Very nice stadium i might add.

SWMustang
11-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm gonna hold off on this for now. I'd like to learn a little more about Vernon.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Woohoo I do get to go to a game this season! to bad the drive is a little outta the way.

VERNONLION#1
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Is this the truth?

YES. That's correct.

VERNONLION#1
11-19-2006, 02:43 PM
My 2 cents worth. After the Graham game I all but assured myself that we would have started B-ball by now. After watching the I.P. game and then making the trip to Amarillo last night its amazing what can happen in two weeks time. The Defense will hold its own against Sweetwater I just hope our Offense can continue where they left off last night. Should be a good game.

Cameron Crazy
11-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Man..Thats awsome about vernon its great having two teams from 6-3a still in the hunt...Good job Lions!

Snydertigersrul
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Man..Thats awsome about vernon its great having two teams from 6-3a still in the hunt...Good job Lions!

Does anyone know where the game will be played and when?

wildstangs
11-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Does anyone know where the game will be played and when?

Saturday in Aledo. 1:00

thewyliefan
11-19-2006, 05:55 PM
sweetwater will take this one easy

NDFootball
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Vernon won't be able to stop the S'water offense.

Snydertigersrul
11-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Vernon won't be able to stop the S'water offense.

Unfortunately, I will have to agree with you this time. If Vernon can slow down the Sweetwater running game and forced the Mustangs to throw, they will have a shot. I see Sweetwater winning by a couple of touchdowns and play either Snyder or Monahans in the regional game.

Tweeder215
11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Vernon is GOOD!!!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-19-2006, 06:51 PM
i say vernon

sweetwater07
11-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Banyard, Green ,Cunnings, and Davis will make this look like a track meet...i assume Vernon has also improved since the scrimmage?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Banyard, Green ,Cunnings, and Davis will make this look like a track meet...i assume Vernon has also improved since the scrimmage?

Probably about as much as Sweetwater has.

mrescape43
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM

I see Banyard making the difference. He is the real deal. Just ask Argyle! Sweetwater wins by 14

sweetwater07
11-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I see Banyard making the difference. He is the real deal. Just ask Argyle! Sweetwater wins by 14

i have Banyard in 1st period...i bet him that he'll go to a Div. 1 like TCU or bigger.....would like to see him go to a half-back related offense like TCU..but either way i would like to see him playing on Saturdays...nice guy on and off the field

Who-dun-it!!?
11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
i have Banyard in 1st period...i bet him that he'll go to a Div. 1 like TCU or bigger.....would like to see him go to a half-back related offense like TCU..but either way i would like to see him playing on Saturdays...nice guy on and off the field

Thats a fact! The boy can play! I too can't wait to see him on Saturdays. That way Snyder won't have to figure out a way to stop him.

But I guess we can't count our chickens before they hatch. I believe there may be something in the water over there.
I heard it somewhere before, "Sweetwater is Good"

XWylieMom
11-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Sweetwater - ...I feel it will be closer than what most people think

VWG
11-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Not to say that Banyard isn't good, but the guy from Vernon (Whiteside) can play too. Kid is bigger and stronger, not as fast.... but the Stangs better have somebody that can handle 225lbs coming at you with strength and some speed.
Sweetwater drives a corvette, Vernon drives a Hummer.

VERNONLION#1
11-19-2006, 09:23 PM
PRINT THIS STORY | E-MAIL THIS STORY

Whiteside, Lions run over Perryton
By Les Giles /For the Times Record News
November 19, 2006

AMARILLO, Texas —Vernon took away the thing Perryton did best, and in the process gave the Rangers a huge dose of talented running back Aston Whiteside.

Those two things resulted in a 23-7 Vernon victory on Saturday in a Class 3A Division II bidistrict clash before 2,100 at Dick Bivins Stadium.

Whiteside scored on runs of 2 and 1 yard but it was a spectacular 78-yard run on the Lions first play from scrimmage in the third quarter that all but sealed Perryton’s fate.

Vernon went to the dressing room at halftime leading 10-0 thanks to Whiteside’s first TD with 8:24 remaining in the second quarter and a 30-yard field goal by Grant Schur with 3:01 to play.

‘‘He is a load,’’ said Perryton head coach Neal Hugg of the deceptively fast Whiteside, who continually ran through tacklers thanks to his 223-pound build.

‘‘He is quicker than we thought watching video,’’ Hugg said. ‘‘He ran through a lot of tackles, but that long run early in the third quarter was something special. He broke at least a half-dozen tackles and hurdled a couple of our players inside the 20 before we finally got him down.’’

Whiteside had 100 yards on 12 carries in the first half and thanks to the long-distance jaunt in the third period wound up with 210 yards on 23 carries.

Following the long run that gave Vernon a first and goal at Perryton’s 4, Craig Whiteside scored two plays later from the 3 for a 17-0 lead that all but sealed Perryton’s fate.

‘‘We just never got much going on offense,’’ Hugg said. ‘‘We had way too many three-and-outs. They pretty well dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.’’

For the record, Perryton had six three-and-outs and punted seven times after entering the game averaging just over 300 yards total offense, including 191 rushing.

Zach Mills, who had more than 1,200 yards rushing to lead the Rangers, was held to 56 on 21 carries. For the game Perryton had 66 yards on 26 rushes.

‘‘We thought if we could take away their run we would have a good chance to win,’’ said Vernon head coach Keith Hall. ‘‘They ran the ball effectively most of the season and we knew that’s what they wanted to do. We just did a good job defensively.’’

Hall said Whiteside’s long run early in the third quarter was a back-breaker for the Rangers.

‘‘He is a powerful runner and has excellent speed too. He’ll make somebody a top-notch back in the future.

‘‘I thought we had a chance to be more ahead at halftime than we were, but I thought if we could score quickly in the second half we would be fine.’’

Perryton’s only sustained drive of the game was in the final quarter when it trailed 17-0.

The Rangers drove 80 yards in 14 plays following a Vernon punt to score their only TD.

Quarterback Ryan Howard completed eight passes for 57 yards during the drive that was capped by Mills’ 1-yard run with 8:09 remaining to play.

‘‘Maybe we should have thrown the ball more early,’’ Hugg said. ‘‘I hate to second-guess myself after the fact. They just did a good job taking our running attack away.’’

Vernon’s final TD came moments after the Rangers failed to convert a fourth-and-three play from their 8 with just over five minutes to play.

The Lions moved 9 yards in three plays with Whiteside scoring from a yard out to conclude the scoring.

For the game Vernon had 372 yards total offense while holding the Rangers to 221. Howard completed 19-of-34 passes for 155 yards for Perryton as Chris Manross caught eight for 53.

Perryton ended its season 7-4 after finishing second in District 5-3A. Vernon improved to 6-5 and will meet Sweetwater at a site and time to be determined in the area playoffs.

thewyliefan
11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
well VWG i think sweetwater does have a guy that can stop him, does the name justin adames (excuse if spelt wrong) ring a bell. he's pretty much a hoss.

Snydertigersrul
11-19-2006, 10:07 PM

How many people consider TCU in the upper half of Division I?

Stownhorse
11-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Sweetwater will win this one.

HAHA you just want us to win this one....hope yall win to ;)

howboutthat
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM

Yeah, he really is a nice guy and he's a big part of Sweetwater football. A lot of the guys out there play hard, but they play hard for the glory and because that's what's expected of them. Joseph plays with heart, and that's one of the big differences between Skye and Joseph. If Skye had the work ethic of Joseph then Skye could go D1 no question. I think Joseph is going to be a big part of the S'water/Vernon game.

RMAC
11-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Not to say that Banyard isn't good, but the guy from Vernon (Whiteside) can play too. Kid is bigger and stronger, not as fast.... but the Stangs better have somebody that can handle 225lbs coming at you with strength and some speed.
Sweetwater drives a corvette, Vernon drives a Hummer.

That quote there at the end made me smile VWG. I haven't seen Sweetwater play, but I have seen Vernon and I have seen Wylie who beat Sweetwater. Now, of course, we can't compare mutual opponents, but I'm going out on a limb and saying Vernon by 3 at the end. Hope it's a good game. I plan on being there w/ Adidas, but we'll just see how things go as to whether or not I grace you guys w/ my presence.:D

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:41 PM
vernon

DaHop72
11-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
That quote there at the end made me smile VWG. I haven't seen Sweetwater play, but I have seen Vernon and I have seen Wylie who beat Sweetwater. Now, of course, we can't compare mutual opponents, but I'm going out on a limb and saying Vernon by 3 at the end. Hope it's a good game. I plan on being there w/ Adidas, but we'll just see how things go as to whether or not I grace you guys w/ my presence.:D Not everyone would want to sit with a "fatty" anyway.:devil:

I enjoyed visting with you again.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now go finish that project.

mustang04
11-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

The last time these two teams met Vernon won 6-3. See pic below!

did you really have to bring that up???? we played one of the worst games of our season that day...well..our offense did...our defense obviously did its job:( :( :(

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
did you really have to bring that up???? we played one of the worst games of our season that day...well..our offense did...our defense obviously did its job:( :( :(

You guys have an opportunity to get revenge Saturday!

I sure have enjoyed watching former Sweetwater players Mychael Carrillo and Ryan Baker this year. Keep sending those good players to HSU!!!

mustang04
11-20-2006, 12:12 AM

I sure have enjoyed watching former Sweetwater players Mychael Carrillo and Ryan Baker this year. Keep sending those good players to HSU!!!

well...THEY have an opportunity to get revenge....i don't...its the worst feeling to lose your last senior game 6-3:(

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 12:15 AM
What's the story with Skye Green? Will he be playing on Saturday?

mustang04
11-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What's the story with Skye Green? Will he be playing on Saturday?

your mom goes to college

DU_stud04
11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
your mom goes to college hahahahahaa

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 12:19 AM
your mom goes to college rofl. no she doesn't. bring me my chapstick!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Like I said before these two teams share a lot in common. Banyard and Whiteside are both good backs that are hard to stop. Green and Graf are both speedy backs that can get through the hole quick and break one on you. Vernon also has a speedy back (Briggs). He has scored on a punt return and almost on several other returns. He is very dangerous when he has the ball in the open field. Both of these teams have the athletes. Should be a very good game.

I think Sweetwater will be favored and I'm sure the Lions will be happy to be the underdogs.

The last several games have been very close between the two teams.

2003 (Playoffs) - Vernon over Swater 6-3
2003 regular season - Game canceled due to storms.
2002 - Swater over the Lions 27-21

BTW: TCU is a great school and Giles is there from Swater. Maybe He can get Banyard some serious looks.

I have no idea who is looking at Whiteside, but I'm sure that someone is.

mustang04
11-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
rofl. no she doesn't. bring me my chapstick!

hahaha

"do the chickens have large talons?"
:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2006, 12:38 AM

I know. You guys had a great team. But 6-3 was better than 66-3!

It was tough when we lost to Atlanta. After beating Kennedale and knowing that Atlanta already had 4 losses, I just knew we would be in the state championship game. Come to find out those 4 losses were to some Big Haas 4A teams and the Rabbs put it to us. We had a great run that year. I look at my sons highlight tape about once every month! Also his state football UIL bronze medal is hanging here in my office.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 12:42 AM
hahaha

"do the chickens have large talons?"
:D

hee hee :D

"How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?" :nerd:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
i say vernon

Not!

STANG RED
11-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Sweetwater has had a huge problem with turnovers all year. I havent seen the official stats, but I would guess we are -20 or more on turnovers for the season. My guess is, this is what will eventually get us beat. Argyle almost did it, and would have, if we hadnt been able to get all those interceptions to even out them out. If we can have a clean game, I think we can beat any team out there, but I dont think we have had a clean game all year, so I'm not holding my breath. As for Vernon, we will beat them if we can keep the turnover ratio on the 0 to + side for us. But, if we continue with the pattern we have set all season, Vernon will win. Time to step it up Stangs! They'll only get tougher, from here on out.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I think Sweetwater is ready to make a "statement" with this game. Sweetwater by 14.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2006, 08:43 PM
I think Vernon is ready to make a statement.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I think Vernon is ready to make a statement. Probably. I don't have a dog in the fight just wanted to keep this thread up on the front page. ;)

VERNONLION#1
11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I think Vernon is ready to make a statement.
I second that Z.:clap:

mchavez
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM
I say vernon just because vernon will win!!

sweetwater07
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Skye(Marvin)...bruised his arm against Argyle but will play this week...Banyard is 100% as well after his minor injury/cramping last Friday......i think Banyard will make the difference in this game....and a back that no one really talks about at fullback..Auston Davis will be running down Vernon's throat all night..hell of a fullback..not quite as large as this Whiteside but very strong and a hard runner....i say we win by 10+

mrescape43
11-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Skye(Marvin)...bruised his arm against Argyle but will play this week...Banyard is 100% as well after his minor injury/cramping last Friday......i think Banyard will make the difference in this game....and a back that no one really talks about at fullback..Auston Davis will be running down Vernon's throat all night..hell of a fullback..not quite as large as this Whiteside but very strong and a hard runner....i say we win by 10+

If Sweetwater is to win, Banyard will be the difference. He is one heck of a player.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-20-2006, 10:46 PM
If Sweetwater is to win, Banyard will be the difference. He is one heck of a player.

I haven't seen him play but I listened to the IP game last year on the radio. He really played hard and made the difference. Great player. Tell him about HSU!!!

Butkus
11-21-2006, 12:10 AM
I haven't seen him play but I listened to the IP game last year on the radio. He really played hard and made the difference. Great player. Tell him about HSU!!! Mr z u should try an make a trip an watch young Joseph. That young man is a pleasure ta watch. Hes a good running back but man oh man u should see him put a hit on someone. Kinda reminds ya of a mini Roy Williams.:D

Who-dun-it!!?
11-21-2006, 03:17 AM
I know. You guys had a great team. But 6-3 was better than 66-3!

It was tough when we lost to Atlanta. After beating Kennedale and knowing that Atlanta already had 4 losses, I just knew we would be in the state championship game. Come to find out those 4 losses were to some Big Haas 4A teams and the Rabbs put it to us. We had a great run that year. I look at my sons highlight tape about once every month! Also his state football UIL bronze medal is hanging here in my office.

Don't feel bad, I played against Atlanta for four years in High School. I don't even remember scoring against them.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-21-2006, 03:28 AM
HAHA you just want us to win this one....hope yall win to ;)

Your absolutly right, and if it goes our way I'll be givin you crap next week.

Good luck for now!!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Mr z u should try an make a trip an watch young Joseph. That young man is a pleasure ta watch. Hes a good running back but man oh man u should see him put a hit on someone. Kinda reminds ya of a mini Roy Williams.:D

Yea, the only thing bad about him is he don't play for Snyder, That would be great!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Butkus:

I'll be at the game on Saturday! My daughter is a Vernon Cheerleader so I have to stand up and hollar . I hope that it is a little more explosive than the last time these two teams met and I believe that it will be. Both teams really have the athletes.

howboutthat
11-21-2006, 02:18 PM
The difference in this game won't be Banyard, Green, or Davis. Banyard will play hard like he always does and Davis will go hard, but the difference is going to lie in turnovers. Whoever comes out with the least turnovers will win this game, IMO.

shadow13
11-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by howboutthat
The difference in this game won't be Banyard, Green, or Davis. Banyard will play hard like he always does and Davis will go hard, but the difference is going to lie in turnovers. Whoever comes out with the least turnovers will win this game, IMO. Totally agree!

its_n_D_water
11-21-2006, 11:18 PM
just wanted to move this thread back to the front page....

Scholar
11-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Mr z u should try an make a trip an watch young Joseph. That young man is a pleasure ta watch. Hes a good running back but man oh man u should see him put a hit on someone. Kinda reminds ya of a mini Roy Williams.:D

When I saw him in action, he reminded me of Roy Jones Jr.

Butkus
11-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Mustangs hold onto tha ball and win by 4.:thumbsup:

mrescape43
11-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Mustangs hold onto tha ball and win by 4.:thumbsup:

I think your being a bit conservative. I think Sweetwater wins by 10.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I think Sweetwater can't lose. They want Snyder in round three!!!
No win feels better for them than a win over Snyder.

And no lose feels worse. I'm impressed with what I'm hearing about Vernon. Being in the second round, they gotta be a contender. But just like Snyder, Sweetwater could easily be undefeated this year, and I think they are continuously underrated. Vernon may be great, but they're done after this week.

Sweetwater by at least 14.
Good luck for one more week Stangs!!!

20FAN07
11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
I was wondering if someone could give me some stats or rosters for the teams. I dont know much about either teams and was just wondering if the teams are very big, have speed, just anything. Hopefully some can break them down for me.

Stownhorse
11-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I haven't seen him play but I listened to the IP game last year on the radio. He really played hard and made the difference. Great player. Tell him about HSU!!!

i think hes looking at places a lo0t bigger than HSU...i'm telling him to go to TCU or A&M

Stownhorse
11-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I think Sweetwater can't lose. They want Snyder in round three!!!
No win feels better for them than a win over Snyder.

And no lose feels worse. I'm impressed with what I'm hearing about Vernon. Being in the second round, they gotta be a contender. But just like Snyder, Sweetwater could easily be undefeated this year, and I think they are continuously underrated. Vernon may be great, but they're done after this week.

Sweetwater by at least 14.
Good luck for one more week Stangs!!!

thanks for the support..i hope yall lay it on Monahans so we can play yall round 3

mrescape43
11-23-2006, 08:14 PM
thanks for the support..i hope yall lay it on Monahans so we can play yall round 3

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Mustangs must get by the Lions so that we can have the rematch.

mchavez
11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
These two teams had a scrimage this year and had 3 touchdowns a piece.... I see Vernon pulling off the upset!!

DU_stud04
11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Mustangs must get by the Lions so that we can have the rematch.

as so do the tigers.

mrescape43
11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
as so do the tigers.

The Tigers know what they have to do. Losing early in the season really helped the guys focus.

DU_stud04
11-23-2006, 08:53 PM
The Tigers know what they have to do. Losing early in the season really helped the guys focus.

good to know, i think i shall venture out to lowery tomarrow to see yalls game.

shadow13
11-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
These two teams had a scrimage this year and had 3 touchdowns a piece.... I see Vernon pulling off the upset!! Personally, I believe if Vernon wins it will not be an upset, Vernon has a very good team who has been improving by the week. IMO both teams are very equal to one another.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
These two teams had a scrimage this year and had 3 touchdowns a piece.... I see Vernon pulling off the upset!!

They did't tell ?

That was Sweetwater's Freshman team.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 05:13 AM
kidding!!

mchavez
11-24-2006, 01:44 PM
They did't tell ?

That was Sweetwater's Freshman team.

Oh yea!!! So I guess that Skyler Green dude is a freshmman, thought he was a Senior!!! I highly doubt it was there freshmen team!!! Besides my younger brother plays and he's a SR and remembers some of the guys he played against in past high school games!!

mchavez
11-24-2006, 01:47 PM
kidding!!

HAHA didn't see this!! Sorry!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 01:54 PM
:hand: All in fun, Snyder's gonna beat the winner of this game next week anyway.

Stownhorse
11-24-2006, 01:56 PM
:hand: All in fun, Snyder's gonna beat the winner of this game next week anyway.

Yea probably.....not

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Yea probably.....not

;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Whoever wins we will have several really good games over the next several weeks. I plan on going to these games no matter who wins. Of course I would like to See the Lions make another deep run. It has been awhile since we have played Snyder. In fact I can not even remember the last time it was.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Well, Our boyz went to Lubbock tonight and took care of bidness.

So now we have to sit back and wait for the outcome of this game.

Vernon, sorry but Sweetwater won't pass up the chance to play us again. And beating up on Vernon will not mean much to Snyder. So do your best but we'll be rootin for the Stangs!!!

For one more week only!!

mrescape43
11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Unless JB and JA forget to take the trip to Aledo I see Sweetwater winning this game by at least 14. Good Luck to both teams and lets hope for an injury free game for both teams.

shadow13
11-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Unless JB and JA forget to take the trip to Aledo I see Sweetwater winning this game by at least 14. Good Luck to both teams and lets hope for an injury free game for both teams. You might should wish that they miss the bus, because according to you Snyder doesn't have a chance either ,against JB & JA.

TigerPride
11-25-2006, 11:29 AM
What time does the game start?

tigerbyheart
11-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by shadow13
You might should wish that they miss the bus, because according to you Snyder doesn't have a chance either ,against JB & JA. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
11-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
I was wondering if someone could give me some stats or rosters for the teams. I dont know much about either teams and was just wondering if the teams are very big, have speed, just anything. Hopefully some can break them down for me.

I don't know much about Vernon, but I have heard through the grapevine that Sweetwater has a little speed!!:D :D :p

its_n_D_water
11-25-2006, 11:48 AM
game starts at 1:00

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
game starts at 1:00

One hour away!!!!

Can it be heard on the internet?

Stownhorse
11-25-2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.kxox.net/modules/page/ <go here but you may have to pay.

mrescape43
11-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
You might should wish that they miss the bus, because according to you Snyder doesn't have a chance either ,against JB & JA.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Snyder and Vernon are completely different teams.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.kxox.net/modules/page/ <go here but you may have to pay.

that sux, I can hear it on 96.7 in the house. Its not static free, but its free.