PDA

View Full Version : Report Card from June 23 Picks

vet93
11-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Below were my district picks made on JUNE 23. I missed on Canyon, Muleshoe (although I noted that Brownfield could challenge), Pecos (noted Kermit could challenge), Lake Worth, and most likely Glen Rose. Childress could also upset Vernon, but I don't think it will happen. Overall success rate: 19/24 (79%) playoff teams picked if things play out as expected.

*DI representatives are in ALL CAPS
1. Canyon Perryton BORGER
2. Muleshoe LUBBOCK COOPER Littlefield
(Brownfield could also challenge)
3. Sweetwater SNYDER Merkel
(Denver City and Lamesa could also challenge)
4. Greenwood Monahans PECOS
(Kermit could take the #3 spot)
5. GRAHAM Iowa Park Vernon
(Breck could be much improved and slip in)
6. Ballinger WYLIE Brady
(Clyde and Comanche are even with Brady)
7. Decatur LAKE DALLAS Lake Worth
(Bridgeport or Sanger could also go)
8. EVERMAN Kennedale Glen Rose

vet93
11-03-2003, 11:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------
Below are Matt's pics from June 20th. He got 17/24 if everything plays out as expected that is 71%. Pretty darn good since he concentrates on the whole state instead of just one region like most of us.

------------------------------
1-3A
Canyon
BORGER
Perryton
Dalhart
Amarillo River Road
Tulia

2-3A
Muleshoe (sleeper in Div II)
BROWNFIELD
Lubbock Cooper
Littlefield
Dimmitt
Slaton

3-3A
Sweetwater
SNYDER
Lamesa
Denver City
Merkel
Seminole

4-3A
Midland Greenwood
Kermit
MONAHANS
Pecos
Ft Stockton

5-3A
GRAHAM
Vernon
Breckenridge (getting Huitt back)
Iowa Park
Childress
Bowie

6-3A
Ballinger
ABILENE WYLIE
Clyde
Brady
Commanche
Early

7-3A
Decatur
LAKE DALLAS
Sanger
Bridgeport
Lake Worth
Little Elm

8-3A
EVERMAN
Kennedale
Glen Rose
River Oaks Castleberry
Venus
FW Diamond Hill
Godley
FW Carter-Riverside

Da Mules
11-04-2003, 10:33 PM
My Mules were a sleeper all right; they went completely to sleep. Lots of people were fooled by the number of returning lettermen; perhaps not considering the JV records of those same lettermen, who never had a winning season since they were in the 7th grade.

It's hard to believe Canyon's collapse. Yes they lost 2 QB's. But they didn't lose the rest of the team! You would think a staunch defense and good running game would at least keep them competitive. Seems like there is more to the Canyon story than just the loss of the QBs.

da Mules lost their very good senior QB Landon Sheets for most of the season with a separated RH throwing shoulder; he never really got back to full motion and strength; although Landon gave it his best shot. We had to start a freshman QB in district play, and he had a shaky start, but has grown by leaps & bounds since then. Look for very good things from him for the next 3 years. Also, two sophomore RB/DB's have developed into a couple of the best players on the team.

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

Chief Woodman
11-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Good job. You could not have seen the injuries suffered by Canyon. In 7-3A Lake Worth may not be eliminated yet depending upon this Fridays results and what the district tie-breaker is.