PDA

View Full Version : Hondo Vs. Llano

Boosty_Hondo
11-19-2006, 05:07 AM
thought predictions

TxStBobcat
11-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I think Llano should stick with Hondo in this one, but I dont think their defense will be able to stop Werner, so I'm goin with Hondo by 14.

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Hondo +14

Panther One
11-19-2006, 04:54 PM
The same questions surrounded Hondo last year, which were quickly answered against Wimberley. Had Llano not suffered the injuries that they have this season, I would pick them over Hondo. Even so, I do think Llano will present a challenge; something the Owls haven't had since the Bandera game in the second week of the season. I think Hondo will move onto the regional championship where they'll get a rude awakening by either Cuero or Wimberley.

TxStBobcat
11-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The same questions surrounded Hondo last year, which were quickly answered against Wimberley. Had Llano not suffered the injuries that they have this season, I would pick them over Hondo. Even so, I do think Llano will present a challenge; something the Owls haven't had since the Bandera game in the second week of the season. I think Hondo will move onto the regional championship where they'll get a rude awakening by either Cuero or Wimberley.

I partly agree. Hondo will make it that far, where they will have an awakening, but i dont think it will be as rude as you think.

Boosty_Hondo
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

ok
1. have u seen hondo play this year???
2.have u seen llano play?
3.you come on the and one of the first post u make is talking crap about another team ???? what a way to earn respect

bandera7
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Hondo by 17...Llano cant stop Hackabiel or Werner

TxStBobcat
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by TxStBobcat
I partly agree. Hondo will make it that far, where they will have an awakening, but i dont think it will be as rude as you think.

And when i say awakening, i mean they'll realize theres better teams out there. But they will still have a chance of taking Region 4

KingRob
11-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Hondo will move on...

Survey says:
HONDO - 34
Llano - 14

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Hondo plasters Llano all over the field by 21 or more.

espn1
11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
What type of Offense does Hondo run? What is the run to pass ratio?

Boosty_Hondo
11-19-2006, 09:58 PM
hondo runs a deadly offense and it is spread ut pretty even they are a double threat well triple if u include defense

bandera7
11-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Hondo runs a spread, but they run as much as they pass. Its about even. The quarterback has some speed too. Not crazy fast, just has some speed and he will use it if he has to. That is what really will kill teams, is the fact that out of nowhere hackabiel will run when they have everything covered up all nice.

Boosty_Hondo
11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Hondo runs a spread, but they run as much as they pass. Its about even. The quarterback has some speed too. Not crazy fast, just has some speed and he will use it if he has to. That is what really will kill teams, is the fact that out of nowhere hackabiel will run when they have everything covered up all nice.

yup hack does have some speed and will burn u if u are not watching him closley

Chris Hart
11-19-2006, 11:06 PM
This will be one heck of a ballgame! I wouldn't be surprised at all if Llano upsets Hondo, but in picking the winner, I'll say Hondo by 4. If Llano was healthy, I'd take Llano, but they are without 5 normal starters for the year...

Dogs_21
11-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Hondo Big In this One.....

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/Chris780/10He.jpg

htowntransplant
11-19-2006, 11:22 PM
us sinton fans know how good hondo's offense can be when it is clicking, and well, its been clicking all yr long. im taking hondo by at least 20

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Hondo

Boosty_Hondo
11-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Hondo

lol just hondo ugh so bland people come on

BillyChapel
11-20-2006, 09:19 AM
hondo may win. Will be a close one i think. We will see how Hondo sizes up on the front vs. Llano.

Panther One
11-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
ok
1. have u seen hondo play this year???
2.have u seen llano play?
3.you come on the and one of the first post u make is talking crap about another team ???? what a way to earn respect

I wasn't talking crap and I'm not trying to earn anyone's respect. I'm just giving my opinion and welcome anyone who wishes to refute it to do so. Hondo has a good football team, and it's unfortunate they are stuck in an area having to play such weak opponents. I, like a lot of people, would have liked to have seen the Owls play a top tier team this year. I do think they are a bit overrated and I think playing such weak competition is going to hurt them when they face a Wimberley or Cuero. Nobody in the top 50 has played a schedule as easy as Hondo's, so it's going to raise questions as to just how good the Owls are. The only way to answer them is to just keep winning, and being in region IV, that shouldn't be a problem.

Because of the injuries Llano has suffered this year, they are an average team, and yet they project to be one of Hondo's toughest opponents of the season. If Llano gets some breaks and can put together a few time consuming scoring drives, they have a chance, but Hondo should win. My prediction is 35-21.

BillyChapel
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Hopefully Llano does just that. 28-21 Llano. Llano has 6 starters from the start of the season including their best 3 backs on the sidelines. They will still show up for the heck of it.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 10:45 AM
ok yall keep talkin about how they have injuries .... what is exactly wrong with them were they havnt played all season

BillyChapel
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
5 have ACL's. 1 has another injury.. No excuse, but i promise you the Jackets would have given you a show if all were not hurt..ask around about pope and yocum and people would tell you how good they were. Real shame for Seniors to go down like they did. Hondo has a good team. Very skilled. Hopefully Llano can stay around and make it interesting. Whomever wins should match up pretty good next round.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
wow 5 ACL's that is horrible never seen that many on one team

BillyChapel
11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
unbelievable.. Remeber playing our rival Marble Falls when i was a Senior in Burnet and they had 6 or 7 one year.. Hopefully no more injuries for Llano this year. Have a good holliday.

Boosty_Hondo
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
ya that is horrible well i hope its an injury free game

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by BillyChapel
Hopefully Llano does just that. 28-21 Llano. Llano has 6 starters from the start of the season including their best 3 backs on the sidelines. They will still show up for the heck of it.
I knew about 2 of the backs, but not the 3rd. :( That's rough. Good luck to the Jackets!