PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with this?

PHS Wildcats
11-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Longview beat an overmatched Dallas Adamson team 68-0

And when I say overmatched, that's being nice.

Longview had a lead at halftime of 50 something to nothing and when they came out for halftime both starters on offense and defense came out in their sweats.

Not trying to start anything, but would you agree if your team did this? Or wound you consider this a little arrogant or nothing at all?

Gobbler Fan
11-19-2006, 02:15 AM
No need to show up another team like that ....just pull the offensive starters after one first down in the 3rd and have the defensive starters play one series and have them sit .Coming out in warmup's is pretty much a slap in the face to the other team IMO..

Emerson1
11-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Where was the game at? If it was like 20 degrees I wouldn't see what was so bad, you don't want your entire starting offense playing %25 all during the next weeks practice.

JR2004
11-19-2006, 02:19 AM
Well I can see where this could be a bit insulting. I believe Longview's coach should've just left them suited up. I read on Smoaky one of the reasons it was done, but it would've been better to just leave the starters suited up in my opinion.

Bryan Adams is one of those recipients of the 4th playoff slot this season and to be honest they would've been overmatched if Longview had let their JV play from the start. The only two teams in the district not to qualify for the playoffs were Sunset and WT White and neither of those two schools would've made the 2A playoffs.

Emerson1
11-19-2006, 02:22 AM
What reason did you read?

PHS Wildcats
11-19-2006, 02:29 AM
The game was at Mesquite's Hanby Stadium

They stated that the did this once before so they can cut down on the time spent in the locker room to get to Longview earlier.

But Hanby has plenty of locker room space.

JR2004
11-19-2006, 02:33 AM
I don't entirely buy the locker room excuse, but it's a good drive back out there to Longview so if they just wanted to get back home as soon as possible then that's their choice. I still think they should've just stayed suited up though.

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2006, 02:44 AM
I think we have gotten to the point where we are looking WAY to much into any and all situations to see if it is bad sportsmanship, being cocky or anything like that.

How about Longview coach was simply giving his starters the reward of not having to sit on the sidelines in full pads, which anyone who plays can tell you it is not always that comfortable. I dont think the coaches thought one bit about showing up the opponent.

tiger_94
11-19-2006, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think we have gotten to the point where we are looking WAY to much into any and all situations to see if it is bad sportsmanship, being cocky or anything like that.

How about Longview coach was simply giving his starters the reward of not having to sit on the sidelines in full pads, which anyone who plays can tell you it is not always that comfortable. I dont think the coaches thought one bit about showing up the opponent.

I agree. who really cares if they come out in sweats or full pads, they are just going to be standing around for another hour

bobcat1
11-19-2006, 06:43 AM
I agree with TXbroadcaster on this one. I think too many people try to read too much into what people say or do these days. Just take it for what it is. The starters got a break. The team didn't score on the 2nd string. The second string scored on them. The coach gave the kids the rest of the night off for a job well done. I know those starters were way more comfortable in sweats than full pads.

Tiger Baseball
11-19-2006, 07:57 AM
But what if and this is a big what if? :eek: They came out in the second half and scored on the second string. The score is starting to get tighter. Does the coach send his starters back to the locker room and suit back up? :eek: Now that would be insulting to his second string and the other team. I'm just saying the starters should have came out suited up, you can still relax and kick back on the side line. What did he save maybe 20 minutes at the most for them changing into sweats at half. Your a team, come out as a team. :D

3afan
11-19-2006, 08:00 AM

BINGO - people these days look for situations like this to try and stir up controversy. obviously the Longview starters, etc. were not gonna play any more so thy took off their uniforms ... SO WHAT !??!?!?!?

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 09:16 AM
non-issue

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 09:17 AM

How about Longview coach was simply giving his starters the reward of not having to sit on the sidelines in full pads, which anyone who plays can tell you it is not always that comfortable. I dont think the coaches thought one bit about showing up the opponent. Especially if it's cold those pants don't stop the wind!

kepdawg
11-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't have a problem with it!

kaorder1999
11-19-2006, 02:18 PM
very bad decision in my opinion. Very bad. Im very big in the TEAM concept. I am not for separating anyone and by them coming out in sweats they have been separated from the team.

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 02:26 PM

:clap: :clap: Well said. I agree that everyone is just looking for an excuse to start "drama".

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I agree...a non-issue.

kaorder1999
11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
i ever said the coach had any bad intentions but I do think it is wrong