PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmanship

sabre1
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Have ya'll noticed a trend here? Everyone of you who complain about Giddings kids talking trash where the ones talking trash before the game. Saying how Giddings is going to overpowered or that they are one dimensional, that they can't do this, and they can't do that, but as soon as the game is over and your team just got dismanteled by a one dimensional, over rated team the only thing ya'll have left to say is "Well there trash talkin, poor sportsman, sorry group of kids"

Get over it. And remember that this is a game played by kids and I am sure at some point in any game played on any given Friday, some kid some where talks some trash. So don't judge a whole team because of a couple kids.

Tiger 08 I was at the game Friday and if you think Wharton kids were perfect angels and didn't talk trash then you were not paying close attention the game

Crimestick
11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Isn't Giddings one-dimensional? Why is that an insult? Check out the stats that I see. Are they wrong?

Giddings:
Rushing yards: 4,400+
Passing yards: 200+

Isn't that the very definition of one-dimensional? It doesn't mean they suck or that they can't beat everybody with that one dimension. Let's face it - the offensive attack to this point has been one-dimensional!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
Have ya'll noticed a trend here? Everyone of you who complain about Giddings kids talking trash where the ones talking trash before the game. Saying how Giddings is going to overpowered or that they are one dimensional, that they can't do this, and they can't do that, but as soon as the game is over and your team just got dismanteled by a one dimensional, over rated team the only thing ya'll have left to say is "Well there trash talkin, poor sportsman, sorry group of kids"

Get over it. And remember that this is a game played by kids and I am sure at some point in any game played on any given Friday, some kid some where talks some trash. So don't judge a whole team because of a couple kids.

Tiger 08 I was at the game Friday and if you think Wharton kids were perfect angels and didn't talk trash then you were not paying close attention the game

Actually, I never said anything about Giddings before or after the game. I played against Giddings last year, and I experienced what went on first hand. I was just calling it like I see it, you can either like it or you cannot, but the truth is the truth. Never once did I try to belittle the accomplishments of the Giddings Buffalo, and there are some good guys on their team, guys who I met through football, basketball, track, combines, and Giddings has classy players on your team who have worked hard, played hard, and have believed in each other, and I can respect that. If you haven't noticed, this isn't the first time this has been brought up, it is something that many people from different communities have realized, so do you think we are all just making it up?

JakefootballGOD
11-19-2006, 01:14 AM
agreed on that one man....we have all been there..oh wait never mind, prally not half of these people were the band nerds up there with their tuba..the overweight kid that was pissed off at the world because he couldn't hack it in 7th grade football.

Just looks like a ton of haters in this world...there is not a team in the state that doesn't trash talk, and all that stuff. Just because there up by 50, and there still running there one dimensional offensive up and down the field. i guess that counts as unsportsmanship...well i might have a talk with his dad, and tell him to get up by 21 and tell him to go grab his tuba and go sit in the stands with all of yours sons!

tam
11-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Actually, I never said anything about Giddings before or after the game. I played against Giddings last year, and I experienced what went on first hand. I was just calling it like I see it, you can either like it or you cannot, but the truth is the truth. Never once did I try to belittle the accomplishments of the Giddings Buffalo, and there are some good guys on their team, guys who I met through football, basketball, track, combines, and Giddings has classy players on your team who have worked hard, played hard, and have believed in each other, and I can respect that. If you haven't noticed, this isn't the first time this has been brought up, it is something that many people from different communities have realized, so do you think we are all just making it up?

Don't worry, they will be brought back to earth come Friday. They will be taught how to be humble.

TAMUGRAD
11-19-2006, 07:52 AM
I know I'm jumping ahead a few weeks, but what if Giddings and Liberty Hill end up playing each other. Both teams are one dimensional (rushing teams). Neither team puts the ball up much.

scrub c
11-19-2006, 08:14 AM
lets see,

if it is giddings vs liberty hill...

that game takes about 51 minutes to play (48 + 3 minutes of moving the chains) and lets see, 28 minutes for the bands to play... So that whole playoff experience would take about 1 hour and 19 minutes

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
lets see,

if it is giddings vs liberty hill...

that game takes about 51 minutes to play (48 + 3 minutes of moving the chains) and lets see, 28 minutes for the bands to play... So that whole playoff experience would take about 1 hour and 19 minutes
ROFL! :clap: :clap: :D

TAMUGRAD
11-19-2006, 08:29 AM
That was too funny. I needed a laugh like that to start the day.
Thanks ScrubC I hadn't thought about it like that but you are correct. It will be one of the fastest games ever played.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 09:19 AM

Tiger 08 I was at the game Friday and if you think Wharton kids were perfect angels and didn't talk trash then you were not paying close attention the game Fine Brock is a thug!

Giddings is overrated and one dimensional.

Giddings Can't throw the ball!

I'M JUST KIDDING GIDDINGS POSTERS. DON'T TAKE THAT SERIOUS.

JakefootballGOD
11-19-2006, 09:41 AM
your from rockdale man!! they have no class at all NONE

when i was in high school with was 4 years ago...i think that they and burned are field TWICE..alot of class there man, now this explains it all....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD

when i was in high school with was 4 years ago...i think that they and burned are field TWICE..alot of class there man, now this explains it all....
Do you think or do you know for a fact? And no class at all? I played for 3 years on varsity, and this is the first year for me not to play, and our coaches always put an emphasis on sportsmanship, and I will stake my reputation on saying that on the whole, minus a few ocassions, which were very, very rare, Rockdale always had a classy team and had a good reputation. I think that just about every team we played could attest to that, as well. There is a difference between a seldom instance and a reoccuring problem, just so you know.

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 02:22 PM
WHO CARES IF SOMEONE ELSE DOESN'T THINK YOU HAVE CLASS??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People are always gonna talk CRAP! If you know it isn't TRUE why even argue the point? You are never gonna convince an idiot that what they are dishing out isn't the truth.

NDFootball
11-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD

Didn't he just say he was kidding ???

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Sabre...I have never seen anyone call Giddings "over-rated". If they did, they are foolish.

However, I have seen and heard 1st hand accounts about the mouth on one particular player on your team. So many accounts, that its hard to write off as "every team has a player like that". I dont hear that about any WO-S players, Gilmer players, LH players, Wimberley players, Celina players, Cuero players....I hear it repeatedly about one particular Giddings player. Over and over.

Crimestick
11-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Someone who isn't even registered on this board commented about this at Friday night's game - that he had "heard about" the player's reputation.

That said, who cares?

lostaussie
11-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Tiger 08 I was at the game Friday and if you think Wharton kids were perfect angels and didn't talk trash then you were not paying close attention the game Hmmmmm............thats exactly what was said of Canton last year:thinking: