PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe - The Most Overrated Team

Milk That Cow
11-18-2006, 10:48 PM
in the State.

With that 6-5 season.

Pre-Season Top Five Ranking

they bit the dust harder than anyone else....

They were just overrated.

and I'm still mad about them not backing me up last week on
the Liberty Hill game...

That's All I've Got...

Dogman_1969
11-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I was talking to a guy from Ctown and he told me they needed to get it done this year. He said that they had 30 seniors on their varsity and not a lot of kids coming back next year with the talent of the Scott's and Mobley's.

I figure they show up next year ready to play...

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Those 30 seniors weren't as good as a whole as the senior class from 05. Also losing all everything Derek Evans doesn't help either.

Milk That Cow
11-19-2006, 11:06 AM
What's that district looking like next year?

hutex04
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
It looks like Liberty Hill and everyone else. That is my assumption. I think Liberty Hill will be the favorite. Rockdale will make the playoffs. Hutto,Cameron Yoe,Taylor will have to fight out that last spot but if i had to guess id say Taylor gets that 3rd place spot

theyoefnshow
11-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Cameron definately is goin to be in rebuild mode next year. Hopefully won't be as bad as that 1-9 season. Other than Siegler....I can't think off the top of my head as any MAJOR impact player that is returning......

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Cameron definately is goin to be in rebuild mode next year. Hopefully won't be as bad as that 1-9 season. Other than Siegler....I can't think off the top of my head as any MAJOR impact player that is returning...... Didn't our JV and freshmen put it on yall? I can't remember that far back. Next year Rockdale SHOULD do very well. What about super stud center Nick Zycheck(spelling?)

Panther One
11-19-2006, 04:40 PM
In my opinion, Cameron was not the most overrated team, but the most underachieving team. I thought they were the second most talented team we played behind Cuero. They have size, speed, athleticism, and I was really impressed with how they played us defensively, even though our turnovers kept the game close. Based on their players, I do think they are a top ten or fifteen team, but they never did reach their potential.

I wasn't surprised Robinson beat Hutto like they did. I really wasn't that impressed with them, and with the Hippos limping into the playoffs with a big loss to us and a near loss to Taylor, facing a team as talented as Robinson was just too much. However, I was surprised Cameron lost and how bad they lost, too. I definately thought they were hitting their stride and were bound for the third round to face the Giddings-WOS winner. They had too much talent to have the kind of season they did.

As for next year, we're losing some key players, but have a lot coming back and an undefeated JV to fill in with. I would expect LH to win it next year, too. But that's next year. There's still football to be played this year.

Milk That Cow
11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
In my opinion, Cameron was not the most overrated team, but the most underachieving team. I thought they were the second most talented team we played behind Cuero. They have size, speed, athleticism, and I was really impressed with how they played us defensively, even though our turnovers kept the game close. Based on their players, I do think they are a top ten or fifteen team, but they never did reach their potential.

I wasn't surprised Robinson beat Hutto like they did. I really wasn't that impressed with them, and with the Hippos limping into the playoffs with a big loss to us and a near loss to Taylor, facing a team as talented as Robinson was just too much. However, I was surprised Cameron lost and how bad they lost, too. I definately thought they were hitting their stride and were bound for the third round to face the Giddings-WOS winner. They had too much talent to have the kind of season they did.

As for next year, we're losing some key players, but have a lot coming back and an undefeated JV to fill in with. I would expect LH to win it next year, too. But that's next year. There's still football to be played this year.

I saw them play twice and I totally agree. They had a ton of talent...

So, when a team "underachieves" who gets the blame? The Coaching Staff? Lack of Leadership?

bandera7
11-19-2006, 11:02 PM
When a team underachieves, as Milk that Cow said, its a combination of Lack of Leadership, Coaching, and also Motivation. They probably just couldnt get themselves ready to play.

yoemenkracker30
11-19-2006, 11:46 PM
The 2006 Cameron Yoemen team underachieved to say the least. Expectations were high as this team was supposed to be the best of the past 3 years, however, lack of senior leadership bit them during adversity.

as for next year, the Yoemen return very few for next year, returning starters will be:
OFFENSE
WR Thomas Limmer
WR Jeremy Burleson
OL Nick Zajicek
OL Jason Siegler

DEFENSE
DL Jason Siegler
ILB Jordan Beckhausen
OLB Mathis Lopez
S Cole Wilson

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
The 2006 Cameron Yoemen team underachieved to say the least. Expectations were high as this team was supposed to be the best of the past 3 years, however, lack of senior leadership bit them during adversity.

as for next year, the Yoemen return very few for next year, returning starters will be:
OFFENSE
WR Thomas Limmer
WR Jeremy Burleson
OL Nick Zajicek
OL Jason Siegler

DEFENSE
DL Jason Siegler
ILB Jordan Beckhausen
OLB Mathis Lopez
S Cole Wilson Aside from Nick and Cole(just because cole is cool) not very much talent coming back. Mathis will be decent but small for OLB.

theyoefnshow
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
the "X Factor" just wasn't there. Talent...speed.....decent size.......good coaching....
I just don't know what was missing. I just recall back in the day there was always that one guy (or maybe 2 or 3) that would get the team up and going no matter what. A true leader and face for the team that WOULD NOT let you quit. Perhaps this is what was missing? I don't know any of the guys personally so I can't say. What i do know is that they never quit. They could've let LH run out the clock on them last week and instead with 1:06 to go, stripped the ball, ran it back, tried an onside to tie and win. Though they were unsuccessful, the never say die attitude was tremendous. I think in yesterday's game, the biggest problem was that La Vega came out and scored 21 points and while the Yoemen tried to come back (and damn near did, was 28-20 at one point) La Vega was able to get in another score for the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." Many said the #5 ranking was suspect and while I did agree.....the expectations were high nontheless. Certainly didn't expect 3rd place in district or a 1st round elimination. Ah well......it's time to support Liberty Hill now....that's all 18 3A has left. Congrats though to Cameron on a very hard fought season. They never quit in any of those games and I feel they deserved better....just wasn't our year. Good luck guys!!

tiger_94
11-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Aside from Nick and Cole(just because cole is cool) not very much talent coming back. Mathis will be decent but small for OLB.
so if you are cool that makes you a talented football player?

theyoefnshow
11-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Aside from Nick and Cole(just because cole is cool) not very much talent coming back. Mathis will be decent but small for OLB.

CL....did you see the Rockdale/Cameron game? Siegler was all over the place! Regardless of what kind of season Cameron has next year, that kid is gonna wreck shop!

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:52 PM
CL....did you see the Rockdale/Cameron game? Siegler was all over the place! Regardless of what kind of season Cameron has next year, that kid is gonna wreck shop! Was he the feller than returned that fumble? He was pretty good. The name didn't ring a bell.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
so if you are cool that makes you a talented football player? Um...no but he has a cool visor

tiger_94
11-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Um...no but he has a cool visor you said it not me.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Cole is decent.

My next year predictions;
1. LH
2. Rockdale
3. Taylor

tiger_94
11-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Cole is decent.

My next year predictions;
1. LH
2. Rockdale
3. Taylor

Probably your best post of the month Tiger. I agree

theyoefnshow
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Was he the feller than returned that fumble? He was pretty good. The name didn't ring a bell.

Yeah.....I think he also had a tent set up in your guys' backfield.....looked like he was waitin for PS3 @ Best Buy before midnight lol

Old Tiger
11-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah.....I think he also had a tent set up in your guys' backfield.....looked like he was waitin for PS3 @ Best Buy before midnight lol I don't know. Probably the Wii

aggie
11-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Cameron definately is goin to be in rebuild mode next year. Hopefully won't be as bad as that 1-9 season. Other than Siegler....I can't think off the top of my head as any MAJOR impact player that is returning......

i may be a little biased....but Beckhusen did lead the team in tackles several games after moving back to inside linebacker before Arlington.