PDA

View Full Version : Graham vs Sanger

Adidas410s
11-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Evidently this game will be played on Thanksgiving night. I heard it would be either HEB, Aledo, or maybe Justin/Southlake. Anybody knowing anything definite?

Adidas410s
11-19-2006, 12:22 AM
they haven't set a definite time/location but I just got word that the Sanger coach will not play on Thursday. So McCoy's plans just got a kink thrown in them...

VWG
11-19-2006, 12:31 AM
If the AM-UT game is on Friday, why don't they just agree to play on Saturday? I guess I am at a loss on why McCoy wanted to play on Thanksgiving.
McCoy wants to see his son play... I can understand that, but his obligation first and foremost is to the team he coaches.
By playing on Saturday it also gives you extra time to prepare.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by VWG
but his obligation first and foremost is to the team he coaches.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Tiger Baseball
11-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by VWG
I can understand that, but his obligation first and foremost is to the team he coaches.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VERNONLION#1
11-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the win Graham. Good luck next week.

MarginalTalent
11-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I haven't heard a time yet, but it will be played in Aledo's new stadium on Saturday.

Adidas410s
11-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by VWG
McCoy wants to see his son play... I can understand that, but his obligation first and foremost is to the team he coaches.

Since when did it become standard practice for somebody to put their job ahead of their family? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Since when did it become standard practice for somebody to put their job ahead of their family? :thinking:

IMO, if he tried to schedule this game on Thanksgiving day, that is exactly what HE was doing!!

Or he was expecting all his players (and their families) to put this game before family.

I see no reason to play a game on Thanksgiving day unless you just absolutely positively cannot find another venue to play at on any other day!!

Hats off to the Sanger coach for putting his foot down!!

GreenMonster
11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
IMO, if he tried to schedule this game on Thanksgiving day, that is exactly what HE was doing!!

Or he was expecting all his players (and their families) to put this game before family.

I see no reason to play a game on Thanksgiving day unless you just absolutely positively cannot find another venue to play at on any other day!!

I disagree, kinda. I just have a different view. My family does Thanksgiving around lunch. I would be thrilled to eat, take a nap, and drive to a play-off game in the evening. I think that playing on Thanksgiving would make the memory of the game all the more memorable.

VWG
11-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Forget the turkey day game....
Both Vernon and Graham will play at Aledo's new stadium.
Sanger vs. Graham 7:30pm Saturday night in Aledo.

Adidas410s
11-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I disagree. I see it has him adjusting his work schedule to see his son fulfill a life long dream. How many parents take off early on Fridays to drive to away games, come in late on Friday morning because they were at the pep rally, or do work on a Saturday since they took off that Friday?

My point is...he puts his family ahead of his job...and he gets ripped by almost everybody for it. People say "well he's not considering other families"...but they are NOT his family so his obligation to thim is lower than to that of his family.

Adidas410s
11-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I disagree, kinda. I just have a different view. My family does Thanksgiving around lunch. I would be thrilled to eat, take a nap, and drive to a play-off game in the evening. I think that playing on Thanksgiving would make the memory of the game all the more memorable.

I agee as well. For my family and most that I know, it's Thanksgiving lunch somewhere between 11 and 1...watch the end of the Lions game and thend doze off on the couch at the beginning of the Cowboys game. By 4 or 5 I would be ready to head off to a game that evening.