PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW (Round 2): WO-S vs Giddings

WOS1
11-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Who wins and why?

tam
11-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Wo-s

Can score many ways...pass as well as run. two many weapons on offense that will keep Giddings defense off balanced.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 06:33 PM
i say wos

GreenMachine
11-18-2006, 06:48 PM
If WOS can contain the Giddings qb, WOS should win easily since this seems to be their whole offense. Having said that, slowing him down will be a tough task.

JakefootballGOD
11-18-2006, 06:56 PM
where and when is the game?

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:01 PM
WO-S to win, due to the one-dimensional offense of Giddings. I have heard all the "well, you dont need 2 dimensions if the 1 gets it done" all year. This is the play offs, and I say its a RARE thing for such a lopsided attack to win when the opponent is as talented as WO-S.

rb585
11-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
If WOS can contain the Giddings qb, WOS should win easily since this seems to be their whole offense.

Everyone says that, and no one has been able to do it.

If you haven't seen him, he's freakishly good. It can be 3rd-and-long and everyone in the stadium will know that he's just going to keep it, and he'll still get the first down. He is absolutely everything but big -- quick, fast, crafty, smart, tough, etc.

The biggest difference from last year for Giddings is their defense. This year, they have one.

The only time I've seen WOS was last year's Wimberley game, and WOS couldn't stop the run at all. Do they have a better defense this year?

This is going to be a great one...

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:14 PM
RB...you bet they have a defense this year. They have allowed approx. HALF the points this year.

setxsports
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by rb585

If you haven't seen him, he's freakishly good. It can be 3rd-and-long and everyone in the stadium will know that he's just going to keep it, and he'll still get the first down. He is absolutely everything but big -- quick, fast, crafty, smart, tough, etc.

The biggest difference from last year for Giddings is their defense. This year, they have one.

The only time I've seen WOS was last year's Wimberley game, and WOS couldn't stop the run at all. Do they have a better defense this year?

This is going to be a great one... Did it last year. WOS Defense is even better this year. WOS by 10-14 points.

sabre1
11-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
WO-S to win, due to the one-dimensional offense of Giddings. I have heard all the "well, you dont need 2 dimensions if the 1 gets it done" all year. This is the play offs, and I say its a RARE thing for such a lopsided attack to win when the opponent is as talented as WO-S.

That one dimension beat Wimberley and what everyone forgets about is the Giddings D held ya'll to 14 points. To me that sounds like they might have another dimension.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Sabre...we all know they beat us. We couldnt stop their one dimension...no one else has been able to either. No one is disputing Giddings was much better than Wimberley when we met in week 0. Heck, they just might be better now as well..we would love another shot at Giddings to find out, but I say Giddings wont get that far.

BTW, we are talking about offensive attack and game plan when it comes to the one dimension thing. It's not an insult to admit it...your coaches do it VERY well...I dont know why fans get offended when they are obviously and blatantly one dimensional, and someone mentions it...they seem to get all defensive. Wonder why? Maybe its because deep down, they know that a one-dimensional teams' odds to win state are becoming less and less probable. It's still possible, but the odds are against it.

tigerpride_08
11-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by rb585

This is going to be a great one...

i agree...Giddings defense will give WOS a tough time...

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 08:27 PM
TigerPride...I will say this...IF Giddings wins, it will be due more to their excellent defense stopping WO-S's offense than their offense tearing up WO-S's defense like they have all other opponents this year. Thats Giddings "Ace in the Hole"...they have a great defense...but so does WO-S.

tigerpride_08
11-18-2006, 08:29 PM
TigerPride...I will say this...IF Giddings wins, it will be due more to their excellent defense stopping WO-S's offense than their offense tearing up WO-S's defense like they have all other opponents this year. Thats Giddings "Ace in the Hole"...they have a great defense...but so does WO-S.

oh i agree...i honestly don't know how much longer Fitzhenry will be able to carry that team...:confused:...however i think it will be decided by the defense one way or another....

Pudlugger
11-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Giddings by 14 pts. They have two dimensions:Fitzhenry and Jarmon. All they need.:D

Darren
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
This is going to be a very hard fought game for both teams. I am going to take Giddings in an extremely close game. Giddings by 3.

Do what you do Brock.

Darren
11-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Giddings by 14 pts. They have two dimensions:Fitzhenry and Jarmon. All they need.:D

Thanks for the district support Pudlugger,

Crimestick
11-18-2006, 10:45 PM
WO-S is multidimensional: Thomas (UT), Franks (Tech), Garrett, Bevil and Leblanc. :D

gold_33
11-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I wish Wimberley didnt play friday cause I'd love to see this game. I think Giddings will win this one just going by what I saw when we played them. They got great pressure on our QB and still maintained great coverage as well on the receivers, by far the fastest D we have played. I just dont think that the speed of WOS, or any team for that matter, is going to help them out that much against a running team, its how good you at the line and if you can disrupt the run and if WOS can do that then they will win. I think Giddings D will be a good match against WOS offense and wont shut them down but will do just enough to get the victory.
Giddings 35 WOS 28

MIKE_MUSTANG
11-18-2006, 10:59 PM
They had the same 2 guys last year and it didn't matter then. Pud, how do you figure they will stop WO-S's offense when it is more diversified and explosive than last year. Granted, that is saying something considering they lost Beasley, but their are more weapons. Like the old saying "if the right one don't get ya, the left one will". Unlike Giddings (from what I'm hearing), if the Mustangs can slow down the "right one(running game)" then the Mustangs won't have to worry to much about the "left one(passing game)".

Good Luck to both teams and may the game it be injury free.

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 11:00 PM
WO-S

Peder507
11-19-2006, 01:48 AM
WHERE AND WHEN IS THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buff4life
11-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Sabre...we all know they beat us. We couldnt stop their one dimension...no one else has been able to either. No one is disputing Giddings was much better than Wimberley when we met in week 0. Heck, they just might be better now as well..we would love another shot at Giddings to find out, but I say Giddings wont get that far.

BTW, we are talking about offensive attack and game plan when it comes to the one dimension thing. It's not an insult to admit it...your coaches do it VERY well...I dont know why fans get offended when they are obviously and blatantly one dimensional, and someone mentions it...they seem to get all defensive. Wonder why? Maybe its because deep down, they know that a one-dimensional teams' odds to win state are becoming less and less probable. It's still possible, but the odds are against it.

mr wimbo...we don't get offended when people say we're one dimensional because i'm not sure how much more one dimensional you can get....BUT we do get offended when people say all you have to do is this or this one dimension attack will get beat in the playoffs......we have played great teams and those great teams KNEW we were one dimensional and still couldn't do anything about it...that is why we get offended....

setxsports
11-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Peder507
WHERE AND WHEN IS THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Friday 7:30 PM Humble..GO Stangs

buff4life
11-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
WO-S is multidimensional: Thomas (UT), Franks (Tech), Garrett, Bevil and Leblanc. :D

look where all that talent got Gilmer...basketball season

Hindsight2020
11-19-2006, 03:54 AM
What is so different about Giddings from last year?

We all saw what happened last year. WO-S is MUCH better this year. I would love to see ANY defense shut down the WO-S offense........

Bring it on.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Can someone text me scores? Please :)

strosfan
11-19-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm not gonna say who I think is gonna win or lose, I know it should be a very close game and hopefully the buffs come out on top. BTW is there anyone here who has seen both of these teams play this year, and if so, what is your opinion?

Crimestick
11-19-2006, 01:41 PM
look where all that talent got Gilmer...basketball season

I was simply responding to the buffs fan who listed their two talents.

I've seen the names of the buffs opponents this year - which was much more impressive before this week, when several of them bowed out in round 1.

formermbcouns
11-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I would love to see this game...should be a good one!

EAGLETOWN
11-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by strosfan
I'm not gonna say who I think is gonna win or lose, I know it should be a very close game and hopefully the buffs come out on top. BTW is there anyone here who has seen both of these teams play this year, and if so, what is your opinion?

I have watched both of these teams twice this year.

I watch WOS early against BH in a scrimmage and against Dayton.

They are as good as their ranking and deserve all the respect they get.

I watched Giddings play Kashmere, and La Grange.

They to IMO are as good as their ranking.

WOS runs a really disciplined, explosive, diverse offense and if you make too many mistakes they will make you pay.

They are capable of big plays at any time.

There is no telling who is going to get the ball or where E. Thomas is going to be.

They have a lot of talent and speed on both sides of the ball.

Their D is very good they are fast and aggressive.

Giddings also is well coached and they have a very explosive running game, option out of the veer, they show it and they run it the problem other teams have run into in they can't stop it.

They are capable of throwing the ball, but it is not seen much because they average so many yards per carry running.

It says something for a team that will line up on you 4th and 3 and run the ball right at you and make it and they do it all the time.

They are very fast out of the back field with 3 of them members of a state relay team from last year.

I think the QB is the fastest and he knows when to hand it, pitch it or run it and if he makes it thru C-YA!

The full back is a load.

I watched him against La Grange drag 4 or 5 defenders down the field with him with one on his back while running and kick them off like shoes after a long day at work and then high step into the end zone from 50 yards out.

You know the 4 or 5 had to have slowed him and he ran off and left his pursuers

He is around 250 or 260 and is deceptively fast for his size.

The tail back is also very quick and will hurt you.

From what I have seen of Giddings D they are very fast and will bring the hat.

This will be a great game and is possible it could turn into a track meet.

I say that because I hear WOS has problems with teams that run right at them and well it is no secret here comes the stampede.

If I could say where Giddings has a problem it is in the secondary and WOS is very capable of throwing the ball.

Man…… I wish I was going to be able to be there!!!!

Eagles52
11-19-2006, 02:36 PM
I haven't gotten to see WOS this year, but I've seen Giddings. I think the most underrated part of Fitzhenry's abilities would be his balance. He has the ability to take a hit, but use the momentum from that hit to turn himself and start in another direction. Hutto hit him so many times right at the line of scrimmage, but he would just let the hit turn into a spin move and he would be off to the races. Whoever it was that said WOS stopped him last year, it really doesn't apply too much this year. You guys say your defense is better, I know for a fact that Brock is better, so it sounds like a different match up. I feel like Gidding will be able to put up points (25-35 ish) but the question will be how capable will they be of stopping WOS on big plays. I think if WOS has to get into a grind it out type of game, then the advantage goes fairly heavily into Giddings favor. While Giddings is capable of hanging in a track meet, generally speaking, that offense isn't designed to score quickly so much as to control the game (although b/c of their talent, Giddings can score on ANY play, just as I'm sure WOS can). I'll pick Giddings, but I might be biased, since my cousin is the QB lol. Should be really fun to watch, I hope I can make it.
Are there any common opponents of these two teams?

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Buff4Life...fair enough, I understand your point. But please dont think I am insulting your team at all when I give my "one dimensional" opinion when it comes to play off time. I have ultimate respect for your team...what I like most is the "yeah, we know, you know and everyone knows what we are going to do...now try and stop it!" attitude, then they beat the pants off you with it. You did it to us, in fine fashion. I am just saying I dont think that will carry you to the title. By the way, your sick defense is what gives you your biggest edge, IMO.

If you get by WO-S, I will be the very first to say "I am deeply impressed". You do that, and you will impress the entire state. Good luck to you, and hopes for an injury free game.

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Can someone text me scores? Please :) Ditto. I so wanted to go to this game, but with so many games being played within an hours drive of Sinton I just can't justify driving over 3 hours to watch this one. :(

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Are there any common opponents of these two teams? Don't think so.

crabman
11-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I wasn't around Cuero in the '70's but from what I hear they were "one dimensional". They had 8 plays. They could tell you they were going to run it right between the left guard and left tackle and then ram it down your throat. Being one dimensional was not a slight on them. It was a compliment. You flat couldn't stop it. Nobody belittles Liberty Hill because they run so much. You respect it and hope to contain it.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Nobody belittles Liberty Hill because they run so much.
wimbo_pro has upon occastion "commented" on it. :D

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Liberty hill can pass though ;)

WOS1
11-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by strosfan

I've seen a few of their games and WO-S (of course). I feel like the speed of the WO-S defense will help them tremendously. WO-S will have to make tackles. If we do that, I think we can slow them down greatly. I think it will be difficult to shut them down. No one has been able to do that yet, but if we can just eliminate the big plays, I think we will be OK.

Their defense is solid, but not bullet proof. The teams I saw them play were able to move it and a couple had chances to win had they not made some mental errors.

Defensively, I do not think they have played a team as dynamic as WO-S. Against Wharton, they keyed on a couple of players. Double covering the big #9 and mirrored the QB after the 1st quarter. They will not be able to commit that many people to stopping one player against WO-S.

I think they will have a very difficult time with the WO-S offense. Likewise, I think we will have a very difficult time with Fitzhenry. Who wins, who knows? It's going to be a war.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Just put Earl Thomas in the secondary similar to a punt returner and get him to chase down Brock if he breaks! Stack everyone else in the box :)

buff4life
11-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020

We all saw what happened last year. WO-S is MUCH better this year. I would love to see ANY defense shut down the WO-S offense........

Bring it on.

sounds like Silsbee did...20 points isn't exactly overpowering and dominant

buff4life
11-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020

Bring it on.

COCKY......

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
COCKY...... :confused: :thinking:

buff4life
11-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Buff4Life...fair enough, I understand your point. But please dont think I am insulting your team at all when I give my "one dimensional" opinion when it comes to play off time. I have ultimate respect for your team...what I like most is the "yeah, we know, you know and everyone knows what we are going to do...now try and stop it!" attitude, then they beat the pants off you with it. You did it to us, in fine fashion. I am just saying I dont think that will carry you to the title. By the way, your sick defense is what gives you your biggest edge, IMO.

If you get by WO-S, I will be the very first to say "I am deeply impressed". You do that, and you will impress the entire state. Good luck to you, and hopes for an injury free game.

wimbopro...wasn't necessarily directing that comment at you but just in general why people from Giddings and supporters when they talk about how easy it is to stop and how it will get stopped....but fact is, we went against good defenses that knew it was coming and went rigth through it

wedo
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM
WOS is too big too fast and too strong for Giddings! Giddings Defense isn't fast enough for WOS. And WOS is to physical upfront for Fitzhenry to have another big game like last week! No im not mad that Giddings beat Wharton, just going from what i have seen. WOS is faster and bigger than Wharton and i expect them to win by at least 3 tds!

buff4life
11-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by wedo
WOS is too big too fast and too strong for Giddings! Giddings Defense isn't fast enough for WOS. And WOS is to physical upfront for Fitzhenry to have another big game like last week! No im not mad that Giddings beat Wharton, just going from what i have seen. WOS is faster and bigger than Wharton and i expect them to win by at least 3 tds!

your jis jellis......if fitzhenry has that big of a game then WE will win by 3 tds....he just needs an average game and to spread the wealth to our other great rbs....and ask your great receiver #9 how physical our D is...ps you might have to take him out of basketball practice

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 08:04 PM
wow that is a bold statement buff. I think if Fitz has a big day Giddings still loses.

buff4life
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
i never said if he had an average game that we would win...but it would keep us in the game and help out the defense

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
wimbo_pro has upon occastion "commented" on it. :D

"Commented" on it is the correct terminology...belittling it is a bit of a stretch. I just think LH would be far more powerful if they had a real threat of passing the ball. I think now (and for the last 3 years) they have the talent to do just that. I will stick with my view until proven otherwise.

And by the way, "proven otherwise" is more than just one championship by one team in one year...I would need to see a string of teams who are one-dimensional (and I mean LH/Giddings type of one-dimensional) to sway my view.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
wimbopro...wasn't necessarily directing that comment at you but just in general why people from Giddings and supporters when they talk about how easy it is to stop and how it will get stopped....but fact is, we went against good defenses that knew it was coming and went rigth through it

Never seen anyone on here say it would be easy to stop Giddings. Now, talk about HOW it will get stopped...yes, I have seen that and agree with it. Prove me wrong, and I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

West22
11-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Giddings
by 7

To much speed (even for West-Orange). Brock Fitzhenry will run all over WOS. He is probably the only person in 3A that could do it too.

setxsports
11-19-2006, 09:38 PM
We'll see. That statement you just made will be reposted late Friday Night..:)

WOS87
11-19-2006, 09:42 PM
The WO-S coaching staff have dealt with unstoppable ground attacks many times before and have heard the hype just as many times....

...an excerpt from the scrapbook:

Mustangs Romp
December 21, 1986

McKinney's Randy Simmons, the Cadillac of Texas high school running backs, dazzled 10,000 fans at the Astrodome Saturday by racing over the West Orange-Stark defense for 130 yards and a new Class 4A rushing record.

But some defensive fine-tuning by the Mustangs denied Simmons the long run, and WO-S used a three-pronged attack of its own to defeat McKinney 21-9 for the Class 4A state championship.

It was the second week in a row the Mustangs allowed a running back to set the 4A one-season rushing record. New Braunfels' Brad Grant ran his total to 2,547 yards last week in WO-S's semifinal win at Tully Stadium. Grant's record lasted seven days until Simmons annexed it for himself with 2,556 yards.

"I'll let them set records every week if we win the ball game," said WO-S Coach Dan Hooks, fighting back tears of happiness after the game. "There was one time when we had Simmons for a 3-yard loss and he turned it into a 7-yard gain. Can you believe it? Two weeks in a row. I guess we got a dubious honor."

WO-S also got a state championship. The Mustangs used the two-back rushing attack of Brian Cleveland and Scottie Littleton, and the passing of quarterback James Reed to tame the Lions. Cleveland equaled Simmons' 130 yards and Littleton added 50 yards to make the Mustang running game two-dimensional.

GS#17
11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
sounds like Silsbee did...20 points isn't exactly overpowering and dominant

Actually, scoring 20 points when the other team can't get more than 2 TDs is overpowering and dominant. If you don't believe that, ask LaGrange -- wasn't your score against them 20-12? ;)

I find it interesting that so many people keep talking about the Giddings defense and how strong they are, and I'm sure they're very good -- you can't be 11-0 with a bad defense. With that said, though, how did they give up a total of 56 points in back-to-back district games (28 to each Caldwell and Bellville)? Did Caldwell and Bellville have great game plans, did they just match up well against Giddings, or what?

greenpride
11-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Gonna be one helluva game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wedo
11-19-2006, 10:37 PM
your jis jellis......if fitzhenry has that big of a game then WE will win by 3 tds....he just needs an average game and to spread the wealth to our other great rbs....and ask your great receiver #9 how physical our D is...ps you might have to take him out of basketball practice

Thats really funny! The only way this game is close in the 4th is if the wind is blowing 30 mph or faster and slows down WOS spread offense! Fitzhenry will not get outside on WOS. NO im not "jellis" i don't even play for that team so i have no reason to be "jellis". WOS by 3TD b/c giddings is too one demisional.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2006, 10:51 PM
No point in me starting this thread over. :D

buff4life
11-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Actually, scoring 20 points when the other team can't get more than 2 TDs is overpowering and dominant. If you don't believe that, ask LaGrange -- wasn't your score against them 20-12? ;)

I find it interesting that so many people keep talking about the Giddings defense and how strong they are, and I'm sure they're very good -- you can't be 11-0 with a bad defense. With that said, though, how did they give up a total of 56 points in back-to-back district games (28 to each Caldwell and Bellville)? Did Caldwell and Bellville have great game plans, did they just match up well against Giddings, or what?

ok..for the first part...i wasn't talking about the defense, but someone made a comment about the offense and twenty points isn't great....and our defense is great 95% of the time...bellville was a good football team, and caldwell we were dealin with some injuries...but thatz now excuse...they were doing somethin right

etbu
11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
All the way Wos Mustangs.:clap:

Peder507
11-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Im going to make this game a priority to see friday. Ill bring some bellville fans with me to support district 23.

yoemenkracker30
11-20-2006, 12:00 AM
so, I haven't seen either of the two teams play this year. Just heard all the hype leading up to the game. I DID hear that last week vs. Wharton, Giddings ran its first 2 plays for 2 touchdowns and 140 yards, grant it that it was wharton and not wos, I heard giddings stacked the line by overloading with 7 offensive linemen, not tightends, linemen! just makin sure they get the blocks i guess....i believe this is giddings' year if they're gonna do it...good luck to the buffs

GS#17
11-20-2006, 12:09 AM
bellville was a good football team

They certainly were, and I'm guessing you'd say WOS is a pretty good team, also (especially since they're averaging over 40 points per game and only giving up about 7 per game). I know this will be a great playoff game, but to me, the question is which defense will be able to stop the other team's offense. If Giddings gives up 4 TDs a game against good teams, they may be in a bit of trouble...

WOS1
11-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Strictly looking at numbers for the defenses, WO-S has not given up more than 2 TD's in any game this season. Giddings gave up 8 in 2 games. I realize that many will say that they did that against good teams, but proof is in the puddin. One team did not make the playoffs and the other was beaten handily by a district runner up.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
If WOS can contain the Giddings qb, WOS should win easily since this seems to be their whole offense. Having said that, slowing him down will be a tough task.

Actually, I would be more worried about Devon Jarmon carrying the football. Unless he is hurt, that boy is a beast and is a D-1 blue chip player if I have ever seen one.

WOS1
11-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Fitzhenry is the one who can go coast to coast in .5 seconds. He'll be the one to stop first. The rest we can work on...;)

wedo
11-20-2006, 02:22 AM
This years WOS could compete and make a good playoff run in 4a from what ive seen, and thats in the toughest region in the state with such teams as Lamar Consalidated, La Marque, Texas City, El Campo, Waller, Brehnam, with that being said i don't think Giddings could compete with any of these teams i just mentioned, from what i have seen!

EAGLETOWN
11-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Actually, I would be more worried about Devon Jarmon carrying the football. Unless he is hurt, that boy is a beast and is a D-1 blue chip player if I have ever seen one.

That is exactly right!

I here at the next level he may be a lineman.

That says a lot to have a player that big, and that fast in the back field.

Brock is smart, strong, quick and fast, but if there was no one in the back field with him that was a threat they would not be where they are.

With Giddings you HAVE to stop all three of them.

I think the key to this game is going to be like was said earlier TURNOVERS.

catman
11-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Why are the Dallas and Austin newspapers reporting that the game site and date are still undetermined? Are they playing saturday night in Humble or not? Anyone know for sure?

necks_c/09
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
i would go to this game b/c it sounds like its gonna be a great game but i have to support my team.

I dont know much about either team but im rootin for WO-S b/c i like the name and they dont get much love from the pollsters. also i not rootin for d-23 so

Go WO-S...........i hope yall win div. 2

AggiesAreWe
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Yes, Silsbee did somewhat keep in check that potent WOS offense, limiting them to their lowest point total (20) and yardage total (284) for the year. Credit goes to that Tiger defense and not the ineptness of the Mustang offense. Having the lowest point total at 20 and the yardage total at 284, to me says a lot for the WOS offense. Most teams would love those numbers every week.

WOS just has too many weapons for Giddings, and the Mustang defense, the Chain Gang, is back. WOS wins this one 35-20.

GUNHO
11-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by catman
Why are the Dallas and Austin newspapers reporting that the game site and date are still undetermined? Are they playing saturday night in Humble or not? Anyone know for sure?

Friday,7:30 Turner stadium Humble.

GS#17
11-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Has he committed to play anywhere, yet?

tam
11-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
so, I haven't seen either of the two teams play this year. Just heard all the hype leading up to the game. I DID hear that last week vs. Wharton, Giddings ran its first 2 plays for 2 touchdowns and 140 yards, grant it that it was wharton and not wos, I heard giddings stacked the line by overloading with 7 offensive linemen, not tightends, linemen! just makin sure they get the blocks i guess....i believe this is giddings' year if they're gonna do it...good luck to the buffs

The only problem with stacking the line against Wo-s is that it will leave the corners one on one on those speedy receivers, and that's suicide. You can't stack the line against a team like Wo-s, that will just play into their hands. You also can't drop a lot of people back in coverage cause that line opens huge holes for the running backs and Dapauldrick is very quick and hard to bring down...it's like pick your poison.

buff4life
11-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by tam
The only problem with stacking the line against Wo-s is that it will leave the corners one on one on those speedy receivers, and that's suicide. You can't stack the line against a team like Wo-s, that will just play into their hands. You also can't drop a lot of people back in coverage cause that line opens huge holes for the running backs and Dapauldrick is very quick and hard to bring down...it's like pick your poison.

nice job understanding the post....he is talking about the Giddings OFFENSE with seven linemen...NICE

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I think the Giddings QB, Fingerlickin or whatever his name is (I've never paid attention, I just know it when I see it) is gunna get his yards, but so is the WO-S offense...

I say the WO-S defense gets the better performance since they only have one player to cover...

Close game... WO-S 38-35...

buff4life
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Jarmon and Johnson are very good backs also....there isn't just one person to cover

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Jarmon and Johnson are very good backs also....there isn't just one person to cover

and plus y'all will have the refs on your side :D

buff4life
11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
and plus y'all will have the refs on your side :D

yup you know it...like always

manormustangs
11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
mark my words giddings by 3 td.............fitzhenry will have his way ........they are too good ....wos is solid but no stopping giddings.........

Crimestick
11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Interesting take. When and where did you see us play this year?

Both teams have their studs. WO-S has WR/RB/DB Earl Thomas (Texas), QB Andre Bevil (1,842 yards, 24 TDs, 5 INTs), WR/QB Jacoby Franks (Texas Tech) and RB Depauldrick Garrett (1,321 yards). Fortunately, the WO-S defense has faced a similar offense to the buffs twice this year, including against D1 contender Silsbee, though neither was probably as potent. Still, this experience, plus the experience of having played them last year, will help them to some degree.

It should be a close game, and certainly too close to predict.

Bull19
11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I THINK WO-S WILL WIN BY 14. I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO CONTAIN FITZHENRY AND SLOW DOWN THEIR RUNNING GAME. GIDDINS'S D IS GOOD, BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SHUT DOWN WO-S.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 09:32 PM
:weeping: :weeping: I want to go to this game!! *pouts* Will someone text me scores?? Pretty please?? :)

WOS1
11-20-2006, 09:46 PM
PM me your number and I'll take care of ya...;)

setxsports
11-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Interesting take. When and where did you see us play this year?

Both teams have their studs. WO-S has WR/RB/DB Earl Thomas (Texas), QB Andre Bevil (1,842 yards, 24 TDs, 5 INTs), WR/QB Jacoby Franks (Texas Tech) and RB Depauldrick Garrett (1,321 yards). Fortunately, the WO-S defense has faced a similar offense to the buffs twice this year, including against D1 contender Silsbee, though neither was probably as potent. Still, this experience, plus the experience of having played them last year, will help them to some degree.

It should be a close game, and certainly too close to predict. He hasn't.

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
PM me your number and I'll take care of ya...;) :thumbsup: Awesome!!! Check 'em

catman
11-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Has anyone posted which team will be on the home side?

GS#17
11-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Giddings will be on the home side, from what I understand.

Peder507
11-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Dont even get me started on those damn refs.

Darren
11-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Peder507
Im going to make this game a priority to see friday. Ill bring some bellville fans with me to support district 23.

Thanks for your help district brother

Darren
11-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: :weeping: I want to go to this game!! *pouts* Will someone text me scores?? Pretty please?? :)

ME TOO. Please PM me if you are going to the game. I am from Giddings but will not be able to make the trip. If you are going will you give me some updates.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Darren
ME TOO. Please PM me if you are going to the game. I am from Giddings but will not be able to make the trip. If you are going will you give me some updates. The more I read about this game, the more I want to go. I have plans already so I'm happy with getting updates. I can forward them to you if you'd like. PM your number.

etbu
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by manormustangs
mark my words giddings by 3 td.............fitzhenry will have his way ........they are too good ....wos is solid but no stopping giddings.........
No way that happens. :D

GUNHO
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM

So.How many td's do the mustangs need to score to win?In your expert opinion.

setxsports
11-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by etbu
No way that happens. :D :D Funny, isn't he?

wedo
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
WOS will be the most physical and fastest team Giddings has played all year. WOS is bigger and faster than Giddings, its Giddings thats going to have to bring thier best game of the year to win this game!

Darren
11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
WOS will be the most physical and fastest team Giddings has played all year. WOS is bigger and faster than Giddings, its Giddings thats going to have to bring thier best game of the year to win this game!

I could say the same thing for WOS. Should be a great game.

Good luck to all.

etbu
11-21-2006, 01:00 PM
If in fact Wos defense is stronger than last year and with their speed they will be fine.

tigerpride_08
11-21-2006, 01:01 PM
i might go and watch this game...

carter08
11-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i might go and watch this game...

Oh yea
Wharton doesn't have a game
:D

Peder507
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Im literally counting down the days to this game, its almost like the state-game before state!!!! AMAZING

WOS87
11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Maxpreps has their prediction posted

Based on the recent performance of both teams, MaxPreps predicts on: 11/24/2006
West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX)
will beat
Giddings (TX)
with a final score of 28 - 27.

WO-S vs. Giddings matchup link (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Matchup.mxp/Team1ID-80980c3e-d023-4fac-86ea-97e17c46b2fe/Team2ID-987a8773-038c-44e6-a6f7-e5460808095a/Texas/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_06-07/AreaID-3be700e8-bfb1-4f33-a6f1-469a274bfcb0)

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Maxpreps has their prediction posted

Based on the recent performance of both teams, MaxPreps predicts on: 11/24/2006
West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX)
will beat
Giddings (TX)
with a final score of 28 - 27.

WO-S vs. Giddings matchup link (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Matchup.mxp/Team1ID-80980c3e-d023-4fac-86ea-97e17c46b2fe/Team2ID-987a8773-038c-44e6-a6f7-e5460808095a/Texas/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_06-07/AreaID-3be700e8-bfb1-4f33-a6f1-469a274bfcb0)

Yep - on paper they are very even!

carter08
11-21-2006, 02:05 PM
calpreps has:

at neutral site
[2006] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 28, [2006] Giddings (TX) 27

WOS1
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Ahhhh... if only games were won by computer analysis...:D

This is going to be an awesome setting. Cool, packed stands, and a whole lot of electricity in the air. I can't wait!!!!

GS#17
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I could say the same thing for WOS. Should be a great game.

Good luck to all.

Maybe, but WOS has played some pretty good teams who are still in the 3A and 4A playoffs. The strongest overall team WOS has seen so far was probably 4A Dayton (9-2). If Giddings is more physical and faster than Dayton, I'll be very impressed. As it is, though, Giddings stands at 11-0, so they already have a good amount of my respect. :)

buffalo booster
11-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Both of these teams are good enough to play for the State Championship. It's a shame that they must meet in the 2nd round, and that the season will be over for one of them in just a few days.

The Buffs have been looking forward to this game since last year. This year, the results will be different.

Giddings - 35
WOS - 21

chaingang
11-21-2006, 03:12 PM
WOS will score way more than 21, trust me. We will put up 40 +;)

Take it to the bank!

GS#17
11-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Booster, we've been talking about that, also, but to be the best, you have to beat the best, and this game was bound to happen sooner or later. Whatever the outcome, the winner will have certainly accomplished something special.

I'm really looking forward to Friday night -- to me, this is what playoff football is all about. You get to see some great programs that have some super athletes playing in a game with everything on the line. It really doesn't get much better than that in my book.

buff4life
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM

first off...not sure WOS is bigger than Giddings...because I've seen a roster and even if those stats are wrong their still not very big...also if Giddings isn't faster than WOS, the teams are equal in speed

WOS1
11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
WO-S isn't overly huge, we have good size, but not gigantic. As I've said before, I'll take a 230 pound tackle that can run any day over a 300 pounder that just gets in the way and leans on people.

WO-S isn't about size, but strength and quickness. Our D tackles are 235 and 221, but you can't beat them to the corner.

As for team speed, I've seen Giddings, they do have a few really fast kids. Fitzhenry can run with Earl all day long, #2 and #3 can also burn. What chain gang is reffering to is overall team speed. The whole team is fast. From our defensive tackles to our offensive line. I think that the overall team speed edge will go to WO-S and probably overall size to Giddings. Will it make a difference for either team? I guess we will see on Friday.

GS#17
11-21-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure if bigger=physical. WOS is a very physical team. I agree, WOS is not the biggest kid on the block, but they've been known to put a whoopin' on him a few times. ;)

Speed-wise, Giddings has a bunch of fast kids, as does WOS. I'm not sure who has more overall speed, but they both have some fast kids on their roster.

chaingang
11-21-2006, 03:38 PM
first off...not sure WOS is bigger than Giddings...because I've seen a roster and even if those stats are wrong their still not very big...also if Giddings isn't faster than WOS, the teams are equal in speed

Why dont you get to work and stop playing on the internet. You old dumpster monkey.:D

GS#17
11-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Here's a good article about the game from The Orange Leader (http://www.orangeleader.com/sports/local_story_325141005.html?keyword=topstory)

Giddings all about the option

Van Wade
The Orange Leader

GIDDINGS — You would think that there would be a lot of chalk-talk in the Fitzhenry home in beautiful Giddings in Central Texas.

Well, that’s not the case.

Third-ranked Giddings head coach Derek Fitzhenry and son and junior starting quarterback Brock Fitzhenry very seldom discuss football strategy, whether it’s on the front porch or the dinner table.

There really doesn’t need to be a whole lot said, especially when you look at young Brock’s statistics.

After rushing for more than 1,900 yards rushing as a sophomore, Fitzhenry has upped the ante as a junior, piling up a whopping 2,391 yards and 30 touchdowns on just 206 carries in the Buffaloes highly-vaunted option attack.

“We do a lot of family things together and football is rarely discussed around the house,” said Coach Fitzhenry. “We always take care of that kind of business at practice and on game nights. Brock knows what he is doing though, he’s starting his 25th game Friday night. I am happy to say that I’m a proud daddy.”

The Buffaloes (11-0) strolled through District 23-3A undefeated and whipped Wharton 62-14 in the bidistrict round. All Fitzhenry accomplished against Wharton was rushing for 382 yards and six touchdowns on just 18 carries.

Giddings will be seeking some redemption Friday night when they take on fourth-ranked West Orange-Stark (11-0) at 7:30 p.m. at Humble’s Turner Stadium in the area round.

The Mustangs tore through the Buffaloes for a 42-21 victory in the third round of the 3A Division II playoffs last season. The Mustangs piled up 389 yards of total offense as WO-S quarterback Kenneth Beasley rushed for 179 yards and two touchdowns and Earl Thomas dashed for 111 yards and another score. The Buffaloes had 296 yards, all on the ground with Fitzhenry dashing for 162 yards and two TDs on 18 carries, including a 60-yard TD gallop.

“We’re not going into the game looking at it as a revenge factor, we’re just looking to go in there and play solid football,” Fitzhenry said. “West Orange-Stark has a phenomenal football team. This is a game that fans might have wanted to see later down the road but what the heck, you have to beat the best to try to accomplish your top goals and you’ll face teams like this later on anyway.”

Giddings’ option offense has terrorized opponents all season long, averaging 454.5 yards a game with 433.1 of it coming on the ground. The young Fitzhenry is the top dog but he has plenty of help with him.

Fullback Devane Jarmon has bruised his way to 917 yards and nine TDs on just 147 carries. Wingback Brandon Johnson is averaging over 10 yards a pop with his 727 yards and 10 TDs on just 64 totes. The Buffaloes have key offensive lineman like Bradley Peschke, Jeremy Dunk and Mason Urban who all fire off the ball in a hurry. Giddings doesn’t exactly air it out, completing just 12-of-27 passes for 235 yards in the campaign.

The Buffaloes will face arguably the stingiest defense in Southeast Texas in a Mustang group that has allowed only 166.5 yards a game (126.9 on the ground and 39.6 in the air.)

The Buffaloes have certainly had their way with opponents, outscoring them 473-137. Giddings’ defense is allowing just 208.1 yards a game, 134.9 on the ground and 73.2 in the air.

Giddings’ most significant win came in its season opener when it defeated 2005 Division I 3A state champion Wimberley 35-14. It was Wimberley that defeated WO-S 52-29 in the state semifinals in 2005.

“We wanted to play Wimberley early on to see where we were at and the kids played their hearts out in that one and gave us a lot of momentum,” Fitzhenry said. “We had some tough battles with folks like LaGrange, Caldwell and Bellville but that Wimberley game certainly set the tone for our season.”

Fitzhenry is certainly concerned with the offensive balance that the Mustangs bring to the table. WO-S is averaging 388.4 yards a game, 206 on the ground and 182.4 in the air.

Quarterback Andre Bevil has passed for 1,880 yards and 24 TDs with his favorite targets being Jacoby Franks (43-733-7) and Thomas (38-784-14). Junior DePauldrick Garrett leads a solid ground attack with 1,335 yards and 17 TDs while Thomas and Franks have combined for 580 yards and 12 TDs on just 68 carries.

“Orange will have the best group of skill people we’ve seen all year, without a doubt,” Fitzhenry. “That Beasley kid was a tough one to contain last year but that Bevil kid, he’s unbelievable too. He may not be as fast as Beasley but the Bevil kid has the uncanny knack of getting the ball down the field and he’s so darn accurate with it. They have two Division I receivers, which is saying a lot in the 3A ranks. It’s hard to play up tight on them because they blow right by you and if you play off of them they’re catching that short pass and turning it into 60 yards. Then there is that tailback (Garrett) that can do all kinds of damage. It’s one of those deals where you know you can’t completely stop them, you just want to contain them and keep them in front of you.”

Linebackers Jason Clemons (137 tackles) and Alan Dock (117 tackles) powers the Giddings defense along with hard-hitting safeties Clayton Fain and Jonathan Locke.

“It should be a great game,” Fitzhenry said. “West Orange jumped on us kinda early last year and we can’t afford that to happen again. We have to keep our hands on the ball, that will be key. We can’t cough it up and give them a short field, they (WO-S) already do enough damage with a long field in front of them.”

chaingang
11-21-2006, 03:55 PM
The more I read about this game, the more I want to go. I have plans already so I'm happy with getting updates. I can forward them to you if you'd like. PM your number.

If it helps any, the game will be broadcasted live on the internet at www.kogt.com.

Gary Stelly is the play by play, and prolly one of the best in the state. He does a great non-biased(sometimes):) comentary during the game.

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
If it helps any, the game will be broadcasted live on the internet at www.kogt.com.

Gary Stelly is the play by play, and prolly one of the best in the state. He does a great non-biased(sometimes):) comentary during the game.

No, I'll be at other games, but thanks to WOS1 I'll be getting updates!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the article GS#17!!!

chaingang
11-21-2006, 04:04 PM
No, I'll be at other games, but thanks to WOS1 I'll be getting updates!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the article GS#17!!!

Oh, ok, I get it. We arent Good enough for you to listen or watch us.:hand:

pirate4state
11-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh, ok, I get it. We arent Good enough for you to listen or watch us.:hand:

Haha - you don't know how much it pains me to miss this game. :( Hell, I still may get a wild hair and go!! :devil: :D

chaingang
11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Trust me, you wont want to miss this game. Our offense is rediculously explosive!!!!;)

tigerpride_08
11-21-2006, 04:41 PM
so much hype about this game...:D

Darren
11-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Anyone from Giddings going to the Game?

How long of a drive is it?

buff4life
11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Anyone from Giddings going to the Game?

How long of a drive is it?

an hour forty five....two hours...depends on how fast you drive and how bad the traffic is

buffalo booster
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Note to GS#17 -- thanks for sharing the newspaper article.

And, to answer Darren's question -- I believe that there might be a few folks from Giddings showing up at the game...

GS#17
11-21-2006, 09:03 PM
No problem -- I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

manormustangs
11-21-2006, 09:44 PM
WOS will score way more than 21, trust me. We will put up 40 +;)

Take it to the bank!

40 against giddings ya right not agaist giddings..........i cant wait to get to the game and see wos get handed.........giddings beat wimberley...and wimberley beat LE........and didnt LE take out gilmer.....man this is not going to be close....

giddings 42
wos 21.........if that....

Stangs92
11-21-2006, 10:07 PM
40 against giddings ya right not agaist giddings..........i cant wait to get to the game and see wos get handed.........giddings beat wimberley...and wimberley beat LE........and didnt LE take out gilmer.....man this is not going to be close....

giddings 42

It seems to me that ole Brock hasnt been hit much. I mean 300 yds. on 18,19,20 carries means he is not being touched very often. But I PROMISE you he will get hit Friday night. More than once and very hard. Gilmer has given up points all year. Brock was highly touted last year and we WHipped him good. He had one 62 yd. run,and barely over 100 yds rushing. Giddings d may be better than last year,but the one last year wasnt close to anything special. Bring it Buffs. We gonna spread you guys out and have our way with ya.Thats whats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GS#17
11-21-2006, 10:12 PM

giddings 42

Wow, for a second there, I almost thought WOS was playing Giddings, but it turns out they're playing Liberty Eylau. Dang, I almost went to the wrong game! :D

buff4life
11-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Stangs92
It seems to me that ole Brock hasnt been hit much. I mean 300 yds. on 18,19,20 carries means he is not being touched very often. But I PROMISE you he will get hit Friday night. More than once and very hard. Gilmer has given up points all year. Brock was highly touted last year and we WHipped him good. He had one 62 yd. run,and barely over 100 yds rushing. Giddings d may be better than last year,but the one last year wasnt close to anything special. Bring it Buffs. We gonna spread you guys out and have our way with ya.Thats whats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

162 yds...thatz sounds like barely over a hundred...and about that whole whippin thing thatz questionable too...but its ur dumb opinion so who cares...GO BUFFS

GS#17
11-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I read that a little differently than you did, apparently. Fitzhenry had 162 yards rushing, which included a 60 yard run. Take that run off his stats and he had barely over 100 yards. I think the comma between "one 62 yd. run,and barely over 100 yds rushing" means he is separating two thoughts (though, I may be wrong).

Whatever the case, he knows what WOS' defense did or didn't do last year as well as anyone, and I imagine he has an idea of what they want to do this year, also. I doubt either he is going to sneak up on WOS or WOS is going to sneak up on him Friday night. :)

GS#17
11-21-2006, 11:00 PM
BTW, as far as Giddings' defense, they gave up about 400 yards offense to WOS in last year's game. The WOS offense appears to be about the same as last season, so I'm curious -- how much did Giddings' defense improve from last year, and where is their most noticable improvement (what position)?

manormustangs
11-21-2006, 11:02 PM
BTW, as far as Giddings' defense, they gave up about 400 yards offense to WOS in last year's game. The WOS offense appears to be about the same as last season, so I'm curious -- how much did Giddings' defense improve from last year, and where is their most noticable improvement (what position)?

dont yall hate when people talk about last year....

GO BUFFS.....................

GS#17
11-21-2006, 11:06 PM
That was actually a post about this year's team, MM. :rolleyes:

Stangs92
11-21-2006, 11:38 PM
dont yall hate when people talk about last year....

GO BUFFS.....................

Everyone on the downlow talks about last year,and who is still around,and who has moved on. Last year talk is mostly disliked if your last butt whippin is whats being discussed. What is so much better about the Buffs d this season? What is their strong point? Stats are great,but did you hear how we allowed a team 6 yds of offense? 6 brotha!!! And have you heard how two or three of our games had a running clock in the 2nd half? We obliterate people early and often.Im not saying Fitz is not good,but i just cannot see him having that MONSTER game he will need to win. Ya see its like this some teams know whats gonna happen and as hard as they prepare they just dont have the horsepower to get it done. WO-S has the horsepower at 11 spots on D,and 11 on o. We Will get tha job done.And before u go there yes thats my stupid,biased,homer opinion. By the way did that hoof print from last year come out of yalls jerseys? :D

buff4life
11-21-2006, 11:49 PM

GS there are noticeable improvements at the defensive line...a new nose who is big one new end who moved here but tore his MCL against wharton so i don't know his status and one d end from last year....as a whole this group is much better because they give 110% all the time and they have more talent than last years group....the seniors on last years team were not leaders at time and that really hurt....our linebackers will be better this year because they will be healthy....#11 was nursing a partially torn MCL against WOS and #12 was out with a torn ACL...so their will be a revamped defense out there this year

Stangs92
11-22-2006, 12:02 AM
GS there are noticeable improvements at the defensive line...a new nose who is big one new end who moved here but tore his MCL against wharton so i don't know his status and one d end from last year....as a whole this group is much better because they give 110% all the time and they have more talent than last years group....the seniors on last years team were not leaders at time and that really hurt....our linebackers will be better this year because they will be healthy....#11 was nursing a partially torn MCL against WOS and #12 was out with a torn ACL...so their will be a revamped defense out there this year

Thanks 4 the info Buff4life. You going to the game?

GS#17
11-22-2006, 12:53 AM

I can see why everyone's talking about your defense. Having a solid DL certainly helps matters, and I imagine a good part of your LB's improvement has been because of the DL, also. As for leadership, that's such a positive asset for a team (especially when it's combined with great talent).

I'm looking forward to a real good game. It sounds like Giddings has improved on the defensive side of the ball from last year, and WOS is at least as good as they were last year, so it should make for a great playoff matchup that will be deserving of all the pregame hype.

I hope you all have a safe trip to and from the game!

buff4life
11-22-2006, 02:27 AM
Thanks 4 the info Buff4life. You going to the game?

i'll be there...gotta drive from austin and the UT game though

GUNHO
11-22-2006, 08:40 AM
No smack from me.These are two very good teams just like they were last year.Whichever can do what they do the best and not turn the ball over wins.Giddings thinks they can and WO-S thinks they can.You can throw last year out the window,it's going to be a war Friday night.

Stangs92
11-22-2006, 08:45 AM
i'll be there...gotta drive from austin and the UT game though

Well cheer on them Aggies!!!!! And be careful to and from the games. Good luck bro.

tam
11-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Everyone on the downlow talks about last year,and who is still around,and who has moved on. Last year talk is mostly disliked if your last butt whippin is whats being discussed. What is so much better about the Buffs d this season? What is their strong point? Stats are great,but did you hear how we allowed a team 6 yds of offense? 6 brotha!!! And have you heard how two or three of our games had a running clock in the 2nd half? We obliterate people early and often.Im not saying Fitz is not good,but i just cannot see him having that MONSTER game he will need to win. Ya see its like this some teams know whats gonna happen and as hard as they prepare they just dont have the horsepower to get it done. WO-S has the horsepower at 11 spots on D,and 11 on o. We Will get tha job done.And before u go there yes thats my stupid,biased,homer opinion. By the way did that hoof print from last year come out of yalls jerseys?

See I like you, your not afraid to say what you really feel. People sometimes like to jump on people for being bold like this, but I like it.:D

Stangs92
11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by tam
Everyone on the downlow talks about last year,and who is still around,and who has moved on. Last year talk is mostly disliked if your last butt whippin is whats being discussed. What is so much better about the Buffs d this season? What is their strong point? Stats are great,but did you hear how we allowed a team 6 yds of offense? 6 brotha!!! And have you heard how two or three of our games had a running clock in the 2nd half? We obliterate people early and often.Im not saying Fitz is not good,but i just cannot see him having that MONSTER game he will need to win. Ya see its like this some teams know whats gonna happen and as hard as they prepare they just dont have the horsepower to get it done. WO-S has the horsepower at 11 spots on D,and 11 on o. We Will get tha job done.And before u go there yes thats my stupid,biased,homer opinion. By the way did that hoof print from last year come out of yalls jerseys?

See I like you, your not afraid to say what you really feel. People sometimes like to jump on people for being bold like this, but I like it.:D

We may as well say what we feel!! Besides when has talk on a forum ever translated to points during a game? Never.So feel free to speak from the heart!!!!

RBARKER
11-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Well I haven't put my two cents in in a while:D I can see WOS (Some not all) is still flapping thier jaws as usual on the down low (and any where else they can log in). WOS can only compair last years teams because that is the only time they get out of their hole (Orange) to watch football :D Now the break down.!

WOS - Stronger on D this year weaker on O this year. All toghether a better team in my opionion. WOS schedule this year was not impressive (Except Dayton) and the district they play in which should have been strong was actually very week. This could hurt WOS in the long run.

Giddings - Stronger D and Stronger O. Much better and healther team than last year. Giddings schedule was a lot stronger and the districts don't even compair.

Who's gonna win??? Unless Giddings just falls apart the game should be theirs. WOS is highly athletic and will make the game a contest ,but IMO Giddings is the favorite.

Peace and love :cool:

chaingang
11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Barker, take that crap back to Baby's Hill. WOS weaker on O??? Now I know that your moronic posts are jokes. That makes me feel better. Obviously you havent seen us play. Or maybe you did when we snott bubled your precious Eagles earlier in the season. Leave it to a Bablers Hill person to try to stir the pot. Where are yall at??? Oh thats right, Basketball!

Bye the way, I believe our Offense has improved more than our Defense from last year. Before you post, GET A CLUE!

Stangs92
11-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Well I haven't put my two cents in in a while:D I can see WOS (Some not all) is still flapping thier jaws as usual on the down low (and any where else they can log in). WOS can only compair last years teams because that is the only time they get out of their hole (Orange) to watch football :D Now the break down.!

WOS - Stronger on D this year weaker on O this year. All toghether a better team in my opionion. WOS schedule this year was not impressive (Except Dayton) and the district they play in which should have been strong was actually very week. This could hurt WOS in the long run.

Giddings - Stronger D and Stronger O. Much better and healther team than last year. Giddings schedule was a lot stronger and the districts don't even compair.

Who's gonna win??? Unless Giddings just falls apart the game should be theirs. WOS is highly athletic and will make the game a contest ,but IMO Giddings is the favorite.

Peace and love :cool:

Our schedule may have ended up a little weaker than predicted,but you only worry about that when a team plays down to their competition. We Blasted everyone pretty much. And two others on our schedule(Silsbee,and Kirbyville) are still in the playoffs. How can you not see how much better our offense is? The #s dont lie. Its okay to talk noise and make a prediction,but man .....dont just throw out random ignorance. Tell ya what u r allowed to come watch two REAL teams play this week.Hell bring your whole team with ya...i know you guys are free this weekend!!

RBARKER
11-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Barker, take that crap back to Baby's Hill. WOS weaker on O??? Now I know that your moronic posts are jokes. That makes me feel better. Obviously you havent seen us play. Or maybe you did when we snott bubled your precious Eagles earlier in the season. Leave it to a Bablers Hill person to try to stir the pot. Where are yall at??? Oh thats right, Basketball!

Bye the way, I believe our Offense has improved more than our Defense from last year. Before you post, GET A CLUE!

I was wondering who would post first and low and behold its my old friend chaingang:D 41 minutes is what it took for a response I'm dissapointed in ya:thinking: its just the response I thought I would get as well (We beat the crap out a BH)

I was bored, so I thought I would stir a little:D Happy Thanksgiving to all. Don't eat to much WOS don't want to see you boys puking on the side lines after chasing Giddings all night:D :D

gato 76
11-22-2006, 12:54 PM
I've seen a few of their games and WO-S (of course). I feel like the speed of the WO-S defense will help them tremendously. WO-S will have to make tackles. If we do that, I think we can slow them down greatly. I think it will be difficult to shut them down. No one has been able to do that yet, but if we can just eliminate the big plays, I think we will be OK.

Their defense is solid, but not bullet proof. The teams I saw them play were able to move it and a couple had chances to win had they not made some mental errors.

Defensively, I do not think they have played a team as dynamic as WO-S. Against Wharton, they keyed on a couple of players. Double covering the big #9 and mirrored the QB after the 1st quarter. They will not be able to commit that many people to stopping one player against WO-S.

I think they will have a very difficult time with the WO-S offense. Likewise, I think we will have a very difficult time with Fitzhenry. Who wins, who knows? It's going to be a war.

I have seen both teams play,the QB for Giddings is very fast but thats all the speed they have.The key for WOS on defense will be the play of there LB.You are not going to shut the Giddings

tam
11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Lol...Thank you chaingang

setxsports
11-22-2006, 12:56 PM
I was wondering who would post first and low and behold its my old friend chaingang:D 41 minutes is what it took for a response I'm dissapointed in ya:thinking: its just the response I thought I would get as well (We beat the crap out a BH)

I was bored, so I thought I would stir a little:D Happy Thanksgiving to all. Don't eat to much WOS don't want to see you boys puking on the side lines after chasing Giddings all night:D :D Weaker on Offense??????????? :clap: :clap: :clap: Yea right!!

gato 76
11-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Sorry about that,like i was saying the LB'S will be a real key for WOS on defense.The Giddings QB is real good but a real good defense team will beat them.I will give the edge to WOS just on the strength of there defense & team speed.

RBARKER
11-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Our schedule may have ended up a little weaker than predicted,but you only worry about that when a team plays down to their competition. We Blasted everyone pretty much. And two others on our schedule(Silsbee,and Kirbyville) are still in the playoffs. How can you not see how much better our offense is? The #s dont lie. Its okay to talk noise and make a prediction,but man .....dont just throw out random ignorance. Tell ya what u r allowed to come watch two REAL teams play this week.Hell bring your whole team with ya...i know you guys are free this weekend!!

Ok I'll humor you a little:D

1.) "We Blasted everyone pretty much" becasue they were weak (Except Dayton)

2.) "And two others on our schedule(Silsbee,and Kirbyville) are still in the playoffs". Because they just knocked off the weakest district in the state by a combined point total of 17 points. 15 points by k-ville and 2 by Silsbee which alomst took out the mustangs:D

3.) "How can you not see how much better our offense is?" from top to bottom the O is better, but I still think is was stronger last year with the talents of Mr. Beasly (sp.)

4.)"Its okay to talk noise and make a prediction,but man .....dont just throw out random ignorance" Why this is what I'm good at
:rolleyes:

5.) "Tell ya what u r allowed to come watch two REAL teams play this week.Hell bring your whole team with ya...i know you guys are free this weekend!!" Thanks, are you buying the hotdogs at the half?:p

Folks I'm just talking noise enjoy the game and Happy Thanksgiving. This crap I post shouldn't hurts so much.......Unless its true :thinking:

gato 76
11-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Ok I'll humor you a little:D

1.) "We Blasted everyone pretty much" becasue they were weak (Except Dayton)

2.) "And two others on our schedule(Silsbee,and Kirbyville) are still in the playoffs". Because they just knocked off the weakest district in the state by a combined point total of 17 points. 15 points by k-ville and 2 by Silsbee which alomst took out the mustangs:D

3.) "How can you not see how much better our offense is?" from top to bottom the O is better, but I still think is was stronger last year with the talents of Mr. Beasly (sp.)

4.)"Its okay to talk noise and make a prediction,but man .....dont just throw out random ignorance" Why this is what I'm good at
:rolleyes:

5.) "Tell ya what u r allowed to come watch two REAL teams play this week.Hell bring your whole team with ya...i know you guys are free this weekend!!" Thanks, are you buying the hotdogs at the half?:p

Folks I'm just talking noise enjoy the game and Happy Thanksgiving. This crap I post shouldn't hurts so much.......Unless its true :thinking:

What does BH have coming back next year?

buff4life
11-22-2006, 02:07 PM

how can he get a clue when your your just stating your beliefs/biased opinion....he doesn't know what your thinking

setxsports
11-22-2006, 02:15 PM
:D You have to ignore this RBarker.

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 04:12 PM
WO-S 34-6

20FAN07
11-22-2006, 04:18 PM
i wish it would be that, cuz we would be going on to the next rounds. Its a bold statement, but i dont see the 6 happen but all for it if it does:D . I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same score as last year. 42 - 21 Stangs on top!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
i wish it would be that, cuz we would be going on to the next rounds. Its a bold statement, but i dont see the 6 happen but all for it if it does:D . I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same score as last year. 42 - 21 Stangs on top!!

u never know could be a bad night for giddings

20FAN07
11-22-2006, 04:53 PM
wouldnt that be nice, but its WOS everyone always brings their "A" game. plus its the playoffs

manormustangs
11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
u never know could be a bad night for giddings

and a bad night for WOS

RBARKER
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by **********
:D You have to ignore this RBarker.
No No Don't ignore me I have some good stuff to say:D

RBARKER
11-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
What does BH have coming back next year?

Nothing!!!!!loosing alot and imean alot of skill players. We will return a good linbacker on D,but the whole D is basically going to be new. On offense we should return most of the line but will have to rebuiild the QB, FB and RB spots. We have a good JV and freshman class that should make it a little better, Over all we are rebuilding next year.

Now back to the topic! Goodluck Mustangs:D

Signed your BH friends:cool:

Crimestick
11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Ah yes... BH still flapping gums. Well, I guess you need something to occupy your time. Looks like you're still a good "easy meat" opponent in the postseason - just for 4A teams now. Dog our schedule if ya want, but look at you guys - 10-1. What does that tell ya? Pudding schedule sent you home early.
Go Stangs!

RBARKER
11-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Ah yes... BH still flapping gums. Well, I guess you need something to occupy your time. Looks like you're still a good "easy meat" opponent in the postseason - just for 4A teams now. Dog our schedule if ya want, but look at you guys - 10-1. What does that tell ya? Pudding schedule sent you home early.
Go Stangs!

Hey its dipstick:D how are you doing friend? Man I sure miss the downlow and cant wait till friday when WOS season comes to a end! well you always have all of the great history to talk about:D maybe in about 5 years when WOS is 2A you might get to a point in the playoffs where you can talk:D what was it again last 2 or 3 years in 4a you didn't make the playoffs then your first yeat in 3a FIRST ROUND OUT! second year in 3A oooooohhhhhhhhhhh 3 rounds then Wimberly came around and CRUSHED ya. 3rd year 2 round and out!!!! Bye Bye

Love and kisses BH:D

setxsports
11-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Where's BH????????????????????????????

What will you say Saturday morning when WOS wins?

Crimestick
11-23-2006, 08:45 AM
It's hard to get riled up by kirbyville's beeotch ;) We beat em 46-16, but we're US and you're YOU. (What was that four-quarter game sim scrimmage score again?) :thinking:
At least you guys always have plenty of free time after the first round. :p I'm glad you're still obsessed with us after all of this time. It says a lot about what a big deal we must be. Thanks! :clap:

griff
11-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey its dipstick:D how are you doing friend? Man I sure miss the downlow and cant wait till friday when WOS season comes to a end! well you always have all of the great history to talk about:D maybe in about 5 years when WOS is 2A you might get to a point in the playoffs where you can talk:D what was it again last 2 or 3 years in 4a you didn't make the playoffs then your first yeat in 3a FIRST ROUND OUT! second year in 3A oooooohhhhhhhhhhh 3 rounds then Wimberly came around and CRUSHED ya. 3rd year 2 round and out!!!! Bye Bye

Another dose of BH comic relief from RBARKER. Interesting how you say we "always have all of this great history talk", then you proceed to talk about "the last 2 or 3 years".

I love how you always refer to 2004 when we lost to Huffman and base this "overrated" theory on that season. We were not worthy of our high ranking that year. But that was one season and two years ago. As for losing to Wimberley, there's no disgrace in that. They were the best team in the state and deserved their state championship.

Talk about living in the past...:rolleyes: You quote history about us as much as anyone, but you see, we're talking about THIS season...the here and now. Why don't you go keep your buddy Jody (bh89-2 alter ego) company since he was banned from this web site and can't chat here.

Barker, despite your attempts to make us believe you're just trying to rile up WO-S fans, we know you truly despise WO-S. It's also amusing how WO-S is the ONLY team you like to ramble about outside of Boondocks Hill. But that's OK...we accept your form of flattery.

As you would say...love and kisses

As Jody would say...:D :D :D

grizzly62
11-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Wos wins by big at least by 30

tigerpride_08
11-23-2006, 05:49 PM
its official...i have to go check out this game...

buff4life
11-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by grizzly62

your an idiot...lol

20FAN07
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
last time i checked it wasnt a thread for "positive things for giddings." its an opinion give a lil' respect.......

Stangs92
11-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Get ready to ruuuuuuuuummmmmmmbbbblllleeeeeeee!!!!! The Buffs are in very big trouble. Brock listen ......dont go to humble they plan on poppin your little Butt ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! Brock.......listen to me.........Stay in Giddings. Dont dress out!! Its gonna get ugly fellas. Real Ugly for the Buffs. I wouldnt want to be wearing black or gold that night!! Its over already.

tigerpride_08
11-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Get ready to ruuuuuuuuummmmmmmbbbblllleeeeeeee!!!!! The Buffs are in very big trouble. Brock listen ......dont go to humble they plan on poppin your little Butt ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! Brock.......listen to me.........Stay in Giddings. Dont dress out!! Its gonna get ugly fellas. Real Ugly for the Buffs. I wouldnt want to be wearing black or gold that night!! Its over already.

i would love to see that...:D...it would be ironic

buff4life
11-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
last time i checked it wasnt a thread for "positive things for giddings." its an opinion give a lil' respect.......

well its a thread for believable or reasonable opinions....if i said Giddings by 5 tds...i would be quoted 10 times with people saying i'm just stupid and crazy....so don't start with me about respect.

with that being said....Giddings by 17

Stangs92
11-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Buff4life.......puffs plus tissues will be on sale at midnight. Rack up and pass them out at the game!!!!!:) :D

setxsports
11-23-2006, 06:55 PM
well its a thread for believable or reasonable opinions....if i said Giddings by 5 tds...i would be quoted 10 times with people saying i'm just stupid and crazy....so don't start with me about respect.

with that being said....Giddings by 17 I can promise you Giddings will NOT win by 17!! Sorry

buff4life
11-23-2006, 06:57 PM
and i was trying to get the point across that WOS would not win by 30 if they win at all....but you jumped on me for saying it...so there you go...we'll compromise and say it will be a good game

Stangs92
11-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Buff4life..what size shirt ya wear? I got a brand new Mustang tee for ya!! You can wear it after the game and celebrate with us.

buff4life
11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Buff4life..what size shirt ya wear? I got a brand new Mustang tee for ya!! You can wear it after the game and celebrate with us.

Large....i can give it to the kids at the pep rally next week to use it as a marker that we have already passed on our way to state...i would love to have one

GS#17
11-23-2006, 07:04 PM
we'll compromise and say it will be a good game

It will be, and I can't wait until tomorrow night. By this time tomorrow, I'll be finding my seat, all the talk will be over, and it'll soon be time to see the issue settled on the field. :)

Stangs92
11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
It will be, and I can't wait until tomorrow night. By this time tomorrow, I'll be finding my seat, all the talk will be over, and it'll soon be time to see the issue settled on the field. :)

It will be a GREAT game.......if you're a Stang fan!!

tigerpride_08
11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
i'm just looking forward to a great game...:D

buff4life
11-23-2006, 09:54 PM
It will be a GREAT game.......if you're a Stang fan!!

wow you are a cocky one...can't wait till friday at about 1 a.m. when i get home from the game and i can rub the whole deal in your face...we'll see how good of a game it is for the mustangs

Crimestick
11-23-2006, 10:06 PM
can't wait till friday at about 1 a.m. when i get home from the game and i can rub the whole deal in your face
How is this any less cocky than what Stang92 said?

Bull19
11-24-2006, 12:43 AM
EVERYONE TALKS BOUT WO-S WEAK SCHEDULE, BUT WHEN U GIVE UP ONLY 7POINTS A GAME, THATS SAYING SOMETHING. WEAK TEAMS OR NOT. ALSO EVERYONE TALKS OF GIDDINGS D , BUT PERSONALLY IT WASNT THAT IMPRESSIVE TO ME. BELLVILLE WAS MOVING THE BALL UP AND DOWN ALL NIGHT ON IT. AND ALL THIS TALK ON JARMON, NOT WORTH IT IMO. WASNT A FACTOR AT ALL IN THE BELLVILLE GAME. THE KEY TO A WO-S WIN IS SIMPLY SHUTTING DOWN FITZHENERY. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. YOU CAN ARGUE THAT ALL YOU WANT, BUT ITS THE TRUTH. HE IS THE REASON THEIR OFFENSE WORKS, WITHOUT HIM THEY WOULDNT BE KNOWHERE CLOSE TO WHERE THEY ARE NOW. WITH ALL THIS SAID WO-S WINS BY 14 AT THE BARE MINIMUM.

WOS1
11-24-2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Bull. I know some of the Giddings folks want to try to create a false sense of security by saying we played a weak schedule. The truth of the matter is that we played all 4A schools in predistrict. One of them was the district champ in their district. A district where all 3 teams won in the first round. Then in our district, all of our teams are still playing as well.

The bottom line is that Giddings has only one of their opponents still in the playoffs while WO-S has 3, one of which is in 4A. That tells me the WO-S schedule was AT LEAST as tough as Giddings. We'll see tomorrow!:D

buff4life
11-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
EVERYONE TALKS BOUT WO-S WEAK SCHEDULE, BUT WHEN U GIVE UP ONLY 7POINTS A GAME, THATS SAYING SOMETHING. WEAK TEAMS OR NOT. ALSO EVERYONE TALKS OF GIDDINGS D , BUT PERSONALLY IT WASNT THAT IMPRESSIVE TO ME. BELLVILLE WAS MOVING THE BALL UP AND DOWN ALL NIGHT ON IT. AND ALL THIS TALK ON JARMON, NOT WORTH IT IMO. WASNT A FACTOR AT ALL IN THE BELLVILLE GAME. THE KEY TO A WO-S WIN IS SIMPLY SHUTTING DOWN FITZHENERY. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. YOU CAN ARGUE THAT ALL YOU WANT, BUT ITS THE TRUTH. HE IS THE REASON THEIR OFFENSE WORKS, WITHOUT HIM THEY WOULDNT BE KNOWHERE CLOSE TO WHERE THEY ARE NOW. WITH ALL THIS SAID WO-S WINS BY 14 AT THE BARE MINIMUM.

quit hating and go cheer on your basketball team....if you can remember the game...jarmon was a key part in the second half when he carried the ball a number of times and wore down teh Bellville defense...the offense would not be what it is without all parts otherwise the defense could focus on one person...not that you would know

Gobbla2001
11-24-2006, 04:32 AM
quit hating and go cheer on your basketball team....

I haven't picked sides in this argument and I won't due to the equal amount of respect that I have for both programs... but that was the nail in the coffen right there, buff...

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2006, 07:42 AM
ALSO EVERYONE TALKS OF GIDDINGS D , BUT PERSONALLY IT WASNT THAT IMPRESSIVE TO ME. BELLVILLE WAS MOVING THE BALL UP AND DOWN ALL NIGHT ON IT.
Moving the ball up and down the field all night netted how many offensive TD's for Bellville? :thinking: :thinking:

Darren
11-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by grizzly62

I know that there is alot of team pride on both ends here. I also know that WOS beat Giddings last year. However I don't believe that the margin of victory will be more than 14 either way it shakes out.

Once again good luck to both teams. Giddings give it all you've got and come out on top.

Darren
11-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I haven't picked sides in this argument and I won't due to the equal amount of respect that I have for both programs... but that was the nail in the coffen right there, buff...

Come on Gobbla give us another chance.

Crimestick
11-24-2006, 08:18 AM
My biased take is this: WO-S will win a close game, as they will give the Giddings D the same problem they have given everyone else - simply too many playmakers to cover. A very talented backfield - with featured back Depauldrick Garrett - and two-headed quarterback in spot-on passer Andre Bevil and shifty runner Jacoby Franks can beat you on the ground. But if you shut down the ground game, WO-S has probably one of the most talented WR corps in the state, with two DI recruits and solid third and fourth options. One of them, Earl Thomas (Texas), touched the ball five times last week and scored four TDs (returned the opening kick, two receiving TDs and one rushing TD). The key for Giddings will be pressure on Bevil and solid coverage without opening up running lanes for Garrett. Special teams coverage will also play a part, as Earl Thomas can take one back on any given carry.
Throw in a defense that has posted four shutouts and limited teams to just over 80 points in 11 games, including games against three other active playoff teams in 3A and 4A. I think Giddings will score - probably a few times - but not as much as they're used to.
Should be the best game in the state.
GO MUSTANGS!

Darren
11-24-2006, 08:48 AM
My biased take is this: WO-S will win a close game, as they will give the Giddings D the same problem they have given everyone else - simply too many playmakers to cover. A very talented backfield - with featured back Depauldrick Garrett - and two-headed quarterback in spot-on passer Andre Bevil and shifty runner Jacoby Franks can beat you on the ground. But if you shut down the ground game, WO-S has probably one of the most talented WR corps in the state, with two DI recruits and solid third and fourth options. One of them, Earl Thomas (Texas), touched the ball five times last week and scored four TDs (returned the opening kick, two receiving TDs and one rushing TD). The key for Giddings will be pressure on Bevil and solid coverage without opening up running lanes for Garrett. Special teams coverage will also play a part, as Earl Thomas can take one back on any given carry.
Throw in a defense that has posted four shutouts and limited teams to just over 80 points in 11 games, including games against three other active playoff teams in 3A and 4A. I think Giddings will score - probably a few times - but not as much as they're used to.
Should be the best game in the state.
GO MUSTANGS!

See Crimestick I like the way you didn't get caught up in this Giddings or WOS by 50 stuff.

I am hoping that things will workout different for Giddings (since I am a Fan) however I will make you a pact (if you choose to accept). Whichever of these 2 undefeated teams win tonight I will route for them to win State. Translation, if WOS wins (still pulling for Giddings here) I will become a WOS supporter for the rest of the year.

Crimestick
11-24-2006, 09:28 AM
If you guys can take us out, you'll earn my respect and support - just like Wimberley did last year.

Stangs92
11-24-2006, 10:49 AM
wow you are a cocky one...can't wait till friday at about 1 a.m. when i get home from the game and i can rub the whole deal in your face...we'll see how good of a game it is for the mustangs

If you guys win(which i doubt) U deservr to rub it in all ya want. No sore loser her.:D

WOS1
11-24-2006, 12:07 PM
There is really no way to predict how this game is going to go. All the, we have a stronger schedule, we have DI recruits, we have this we have that don't mean anything. This game is going to be played by 2 talented, well coached teams. I look for both to come out with things neither has seen before tonight. Ultimately, what each team has or has done up to this point does not amount to a hill of beans. The victory is going to go to the team that makes the least mistakes, in whatever form they may come in. If one team makes a few too early then this game could get out of hand quickly. If both teams play mistake free, then it will come to the wire. Neither team is going to overwhelm the other with sheer talent. You can take THAT to the bank.

pirate4state
11-24-2006, 01:04 PM
There is really no way to predict how this game is going to go. All the, we have a stronger schedule, we have DI recruits, we have this we have that don't mean anything. This game is going to be played by 2 talented, well coached teams. I look for both to come out with things neither has seen before tonight. Ultimately, what each team has or has done up to this point does not amount to a hill of beans. The victory is going to go to the team that makes the least mistakes, in whatever form they may come in. If one team makes a few too early then this game could get out of hand quickly. If both teams play mistake free, then it will come to the wire. Neither team is going to overwhelm the other with sheer talent. You can take THAT to the bank. :clap: :clap: Keep me posted!!! :thumbsup:

Good Luck Mustangs!!!

Bull19
11-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Moving the ball up and down the field all night netted how many offensive TD's for Bellville? :thinking: :thinking:

YOU WERENT AT THE GAME SO YOUR OPINION ON THE BELLVILLE/ GIDDINGS QUOTES ARE WORTHLESS. CLEAN YOUR GLASSES GRANDMA. DO U NOT REALIZE BELLVILLE LOST BY ONLY ONE POSSESION? YES THEY MOVED THE BALL UP AND DOWN ON THEM ALL NIGHT, BUT YOU WOULDNT KNOW THAT SINCE YOU WERENT THERE, BUT YOU THINK U DO CAUSE UR A KNOW-IT-ALL. WHY DONT YOU SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW.

Gobbla2001
11-24-2006, 06:08 PM
YOU WERENT AT THE GAME SO YOUR OPINION ON THE BELLVILLE/ GIDDINGS QUOTES ARE WORTHLESS. CLEAN YOUR GLASSES GRANDMA. DO U NOT REALIZE BELLVILLE LOST BY ONLY ONE POSSESION? YES THEY MOVED THE BALL UP AND DOWN ON THEM ALL NIGHT, BUT YOU WOULDNT KNOW THAT SINCE YOU WERENT THERE, BUT YOU THINK U DO CAUSE UR A KNOW-IT-ALL. WHY DONT YOU SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW.

I'm pretty sure she knows that Bellville ran the ball up and down the field all night... I think she's saying that Bellville didn't score a lot on that up and down the field stuff... up and down into the endzone is better... that's all

Bull19
11-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure she knows that Bellville ran the ball up and down the field all night... I think she's saying that Bellville didn't score a lot on that up and down the field stuff... up and down into the endzone is better... that's all

K I CAN AGREE WITH UR STATEMENT

c-town_balla
11-24-2006, 08:10 PM
could anybody tell me if the game is being broadcasted online?

Darren
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Giddings 14 WOS 13 at halftime

WOS had a bad snap on a punt and Gave Giddings good field position. Sounds like that Thomas kid for WOS is very fast.

Darren
11-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Giddings wins the game with Great defense.

WOS is an amazing team Thomas is very very fast Giddings just happened to be the best team tonight.

Congrats on a great Season WOS.

RBARKER
11-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Good lord what happened??????? did the great WOS get toppled AGAIN by little ole 3A hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! I could hear the air come out of the WOS ballon all the way in Baytown!!!!!! WOS I wouldn't be so hard an ya if yall would stop talking about a state ring in week one of every season:D My smack has never or will never be directed towards the WOS players or coaches because they are a class act and alway talented. My smack will always be directed at you board fans in orange that are so cocky and arrogant that you think you can beat any team!!!!! Thank you Giddings for slapping the WOS board cla n in the face with some good ole football:D :D :D :D :D :D

WOS State 2007

:clap:

LHPfactory
11-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Got in from WOS-Giddings game. Great game for both sides. WOS very talented , however, Giddings also very talented but more PHYSICAL.... That was the difference.

District303aPastPlayer
11-25-2006, 01:19 AM
score?

Hupernikomen
11-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Got in from WOS-Giddings game. Great game for both sides. WOS very talented , however, Giddings also very talented but more PHYSICAL.... That was the difference.

More physical? I didn't see it that way, but everyone has their opinions. Both played great defense. Giddings made fewer mistakes and captilized on WO-S mistakes. That was the difference in my opinion.

LHPfactory
11-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
More physical? I didn't see it that way, but everyone has their opinions. Both played great defense. Giddings made fewer mistakes and captilized on WO-S mistakes. That was the difference in my opinion.

That last series when WOS was knocking , it was all physical, ball inside the 5 with first down, and denied, doesnt get more PHYSICAL than that.

setxsports
11-25-2006, 01:56 AM
The OC killed WOS. They had the ball on the 1 yard line and for heaven's sake they were in a shot gun.

buff4life
11-25-2006, 02:05 AM
the speed of WOS is amazing...that is a lot of talent...Giddings has special players of their own and it showed....if you were at the game..#11 from Giddings had an ALL-STATE type of game at linebacker and made a spectacular catch on offense...but hats off to WOS and good luck to the Buffs in teh playoffs....GO BUFFS

Crimestick
11-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Congrats buffs! You guys have an outstanding team, and your D was the difference tonight. The pressure forced our qb out of his rhythm. Your running game is very powerful as well. Good luck in the later rounds. I'll be rooting for you!

Yeah, I don't get running a QB sneak out of the shotgun on first down with the ball between the one and the goal, but we knew our OC was an idiot. I would much rather have made the TD and missed the two point conversion and lost that way, but woulda coulda shoulda.
We made way too many mistakes to beat a state-caliber team like Giddings. Congrats to the Buffaloes and good luck. Take home that trophy.

Oh, and Rbarker... KIRBYVILLE :p

Crimestick
11-25-2006, 03:28 AM

That's the best assessment of the game, in my opinion.

BlueBlood
11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by **********
The OC killed WOS. They had the ball on the 1 yard line and for heaven's sake they were in a shot gun.

I thought WOS had the best coaching staff in East Texas?

Crimestick
11-25-2006, 10:26 AM
No. With a new OC, quite possibly. I don't think too, too many WO-S fans would have touted us that way w/ our OC. Maybe the best HC or DC.

Stangs92
11-25-2006, 10:37 AM
the speed of WOS is amazing...that is a lot of talent...Giddings has special players of their own and it showed....if you were at the game..#11 from Giddings had an ALL-STATE type of game at linebacker and made a spectacular catch on offense...but hats off to WOS and good luck to the Buffs in teh playoffs....GO BUFFS

Serve me my crow Buff4life.Great game dude. I think your noseguard got in the head of our center/longsnapper.He blew countless snaps.That honestly has not happened all year.But good luck the rest of the way buffs.

griff
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
I thought WOS had the best coaching staff in East Texas?

We have a great coaching staff save for the offensive playcalling. This is nothing new. The OC has been our achilles heel since 2000. We run one style of offense throughout the regular season then get conservative, predictable, and downright boneheaded on playcalling in the playoffs.

As for you Barker, you'll never learn. Believe what you want. There are one or or two people from WO-S who boast too much. The majority of us don't get on these boards saying we're going to win state every year. It takes a special team to do that, and not every program is like Southlake Carroll.

I refuse to believe that everyone in Barbers Hill is as classless as you, Barker. WO-S fans didn't show disrepect to BH when they lost to Central. But, indulging in WO-S losing is more enjoyable to you than celebrating a BH victory. You and your sidekick are two sorry lowlife individuals.

Congratulations to Giddings. You won a hard fought victory.

Stangs92
11-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by griff
We have a great coaching staff save for the offensive playcalling. This is nothing new. The OC has been our achilles heel since 2000. We run one style of offense throughout the regular season then get conservative, predictable, and downright boneheaded on playcalling in the playoffs.

As for you Barker, you'll never learn. Believe what you want. There are one or or two people from WO-S who boast too much. The majority of us don't get on these boards saying we're going to win state every year. It takes a special team to do that, and not every program is like Southlake Carroll.

I refuse to believe that everyone in Barbers Hill is as classless as you, Barker. WO-S fans didn't show disrepect to BH when they lost to Central. But, indulging in WO-S losing is more enjoyable to you than celebrating a BH victory. You and your sidekick are two sorry lowlife individuals.

Congratulations to Giddings. You won a hard fought victory.

I met a Barbers Hill fan on the way to my car who was just as pissed as me that we lost,and at the way we lost. Really nice guy and his wife and daughter were nice also. So i prefer to think of him as to how the majority of people in BH are.

RBARKER
11-25-2006, 11:37 AM
No don't think that!! there all just like Me :D

WOS most overated team in 3A, 3 years running:D

Hey its not all bad thought you can come kick the crap out of our 3rd team in next years scrimmage:D and brag about it till you lose in the playoffs next year:clap:

WOS State 85/86 those were the days:thinking:

RBARKER
11-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Ok dang it, i could rub some more salt in the wound, but I'm all done:D

Congrats WOS Players and Coaches on a great season! It sucks for all of the seniors except the few that will continue on playing college ball. Congrats to these seniors and I hope they take this gift and do something great with it. WOS has a great Basketball team that can now start preparing for another state run!!

Also a Big Congrats to Giddings glad to see this team get over the hump, still alot of football to be played, so keep you heads on straight and stay focused on the prize!!!!

eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr WOS siiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkksssssss

Sorry it still to much fun:D

chaingang
11-25-2006, 12:38 PM

That #11 was awesome. He was EVERYWHERE!!!

He reminded me of a little ole kid from Wimberley last year...............Biddle!

I want UIL to investigate that that kid wasnt Biddle!:eek: :D

Great job Giddings.

tigerpride_08
11-25-2006, 02:08 PM
it was a good game but i still feel that WOS could have broke it open...WOS did a good job at containing Fitzhenry and he only really broke once at the end...however like i said last week...Giddings has to be one of the Cockiest teams i've seen...one of their players got thrown out for throwing a punch...overheard when i was leaving that that player has been caught jawing with the other teams coaches...they really need to learn sportsmanship...

buff4life
11-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
it was a good game but i still feel that WOS could have broke it open...WOS did a good job at containing Fitzhenry and he only really broke once at the end...however like i said last week...Giddings has to be one of the Cockiest teams i've seen...one of their players got thrown out for throwing a punch...overheard when i was leaving that that player has been caught jawing with the other teams coaches...they really need to learn sportsmanship...

mr tiger you need to get your facts straight and stop talking so much crap on here....our player got thrown out retaliating to WOS players kicking and stepping on him so before you go bashing our players and stayin mad that we WHOOPED yall get your facts straight