PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

3afan
11-18-2006, 04:27 PM
... we'll be at:

Mavs Look for Fifth Straight, Host Grizzlies
By JEFF MEZYDLO, STATS Writer
Posted Nov 18 2006 10:37AM

After opening the season with four straight losses, the Dallas Mavericks are on a roll.

They look to keep it going when they face the Memphis Grizzlies in the back end of a home-and-home on Saturday.

The Mavericks (4-4) are looking for their fifth straight victory after winning 115-103 on Friday night in Memphis, continuing an impressive turnaround over the past week.

They are averaging 112 points per game and shooting 51.5 percent from the field during their win streak, compared with 89 points per game and 42.4 percent shooting in their four losses.

``We've got to keep building,'' said Dallas forward Jerry Stackhouse, who had 19 points and was one of five Mavericks in double figures Friday. ``Our first four games were bad. (Friday) we got better and won the game. It was winning time for us.''

Dallas trailed by six points at halftime, but scored a season-high 40 points in the fourth quarter to secure the victory.

Dirk Nowitzki continues to lead the way for the Mavericks. He shook off a 3-for-13 shooting start Friday to score 14 of his 26 points in the final period. He is shooting 49.3 percent for the season while averaging 26 points through the first eight games.

Dallas center Erick Dampier muscled his way to season highs of 22 points and 15 rebounds Friday for his second double-double in as many games.

``Our first four games of the season didn't start out the way we wanted them to, but we've got 70-plus games left and we know what we have to do,'' Dampier said.

Memphis (1-7) will need to defend better inside if it wants to avoid losing a seventh straight game. The Grizzlies continue to miss 7-footer Pau Gasol, who is expected to miss the first three months of the season after undergoing foot surgery before the season.

The Grizzlies have not won since beating Charlotte 96-83 in the second game of the season on Nov. 3. The will try to avoid a fifth straight loss on the road to open the season.

Memphis has been showing signs of improvement. Hakim Warrick scored a career-high 26 points Friday, as the Grizzlies shot better than 50 percent and topped the 100-point mark for the second straight game. They lost 115-111 to Sacramento on Wednesday.

``Basically (we're almost there), we know what we have to do and it's not far off,'' Memphis guard Chucky Atkins said. ``We just have to keep on plugging and we'll get there.''

The Grizzlies have played their last two games without starting swingman Eddie Jones, who is sidelined with right Achilles' tendinitis.

Dallas will look to win its eighth straight game against Memphis, which included a sweep in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs last season.

DU_stud04
11-18-2006, 04:36 PM
tonight is also the morales vs Pacquiao round 3

Pacquiao and Morales meet for third time Saturday
November 18, 2006

LAS VEGAS (Ticker) - Former world champions Manny Pacquiao and Erik Morales will stage their rubber match on Saturday night.

Pacquiao tried for a knockout in his first fight with Morales in March 2005 and ended up bloodied and beaten. In the rematch, Pacquiao fought more strategically and was able to drop Morales.

Billed as "The Grand Finale," the third super featherweight fight between the two will be held at the Thomas & Mack Center.

In their first bout, Pacquiao (42-3-2, 32 KOs) kept looking for the big punch to land on the hard-chinned Morales (48-4, 34 KOs), who continually peppered his opponent en route to a close but unanimous decision.

Pacquiao sent Morales to the canvas for the first time in his career and scored a 10th-round technical knockout in the rematch.

"I will beat him in this fight just like I beat him in the last fight," Pacquiao said. "I am the best super featherweight in the world and I will prove it again."

After beating Morales, Pacquiao won a 12-round unanimous decision over Oscar Larios on July 1 at The Philippines. The former WBC flyweight and IBF junior featherweight champion is 16-1-2 in his last 19 fights with 15 coming by knockout.

The second fighter from Mexico to win titles in three divisions, Morales has not fought since losing to Pacquiao. Morales appeared to tire in that fight after struggling to make the 130-pound weight.

This time, Morales upgraded his training regimen to enable him to make the weight without depleting strength.

"I undertook great physical preparation and lost a lot of weight," Morales said. "I am ready for this fight."

Morales is a former WBC super bantamweight, featherweight and super featherweight champion.

we will be at winghouse in arlington if anyone is in the area to watch this one :D

SintonFan
11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Didn't yall just play at Memphis last night????:eek: :eek: :eek:
Is this normal?

3afan
11-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Didn't yall just play at Memphis last night????:eek: :eek: :eek:
Is this normal?

yes, and NO its not ....

SintonFan
11-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Unless something really goes freaky yall should just roll all over them.:nerd:

3afan
11-18-2006, 06:14 PM
every team in the NBA is GOOD - so they'll take nothing for granted

SintonFan
11-18-2006, 06:17 PM
We all know that but it is nice to be able to sleep in your own bed the night before the backside of a "back-to-back". I saw coach Avery last night on the post game show and he didn't look happy after that win. lol That reminds me of "Pop" alot.

SintonFan
11-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, maybe not every team is good, but they all are GOOD of course...;)

eagles_victory
11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
king james and the cavs are looking to win their sixth straight tonight vs Washington

coach
11-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
king james and the cavs are looking to win their sixth straight tonight vs Washington

king krissy got a victorylast night

Rabbit'93
11-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Matt Hughes is taking Georges St. pierre tonight in UFC action.

3afan
11-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Mavs WIN 5th straight !!!!!

BTW - I checked in on some UFC a week or so ago, not much different than wrestling .. yeah the fighting may be "real" but it was all a show -- blah

DU_stud04
11-19-2006, 12:51 PM
ufc is crap, ive never wanted 2 sweaty men hugging eachother on the ground.....ufc is pretty gay.....