PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs. Medina Valley

gold_33
11-18-2006, 01:53 PM
On tap for the Texans is Medina Valley next week as the road to Cuero continues with hopefully no speedbumps in between for either team. I dont know much about MV other than they beat Devine and supposedly are big but thats it. What are everyones thoughts on this one and if anyone knows anything about MV that would be helpful.

formermbcouns
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I say Wimberley rolls...

Blastoderm55
11-18-2006, 03:14 PM
MV has a big line on both sides, but the skill positions aren't very good. I really not sure how they got passed Devine, but they shouldn't give Wimberly too much trouble.

carter08
11-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm taking Wimberley

gobbler grad
11-18-2006, 06:06 PM
why poll this one...everyone knows Wimberley is gonna crush them...:thinking:

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
why poll this one...everyone knows Wimberley is gonna crush them...:thinking:
actually MV is decent so dont count them out

TxStBobcat
11-18-2006, 07:17 PM
I just hope MV can at least stay in the game, but i dont think its gonna happen.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TxStBobcat
I just hope MV can at least stay in the game, but i dont think its gonna happen.

they will stay in the game they may be young but they are tuff

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:24 PM
If Medina Valley beats Wimberley, it will be one of the biggest upsets in 3A play offs in years. It aint gonna happen, folks.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:25 PM
no LE beating Gilmer was one of the biggest upsets in 3a football in years ... it probably wont happen but hey gotta give everone a chance

bulldogman06
11-18-2006, 07:26 PM
There is no way MV will beat Wimberly, Wimberly just has too much talent and experience

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:27 PM
come on give MV some slack they have done good with the team they have this year being so young and everything

TxStBobcat
11-18-2006, 07:32 PM
They have done pretty well with what they have, but they havent faced a team like Wimberley. This ones gonna be a bit lopsided, even though i am rootin for MV.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:33 PM
it will be lopsided but eh oh well gotta support the rivals

TxStBobcat
11-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually, they have faced another team of that caliber, Hondo , and looked what happened.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Boosty...no, LE has been up there in the polls all year...had injuries and lost a few...dropped in the polls...but always known to be a Top 10 contender. So LE (ranked 23rd in Massey's this week, 17th last week) beating a #4 Gilmer is big....but NOWHERE as big as it would be if #80 Medina Valley beats #5 Wimberley. THAT would be the biggest upset of the year.

bulldogman06
11-18-2006, 07:42 PM
maybe, but Gilmer losing in the first round after dominating everybody is definitely huge

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:42 PM
eh didnt look at ranking lol ohn well

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by TxStBobcat
Actually, they have faced another team of that caliber, Hondo , and looked what happened.

lol ya thats true

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
maybe, but Gilmer losing in the first round after dominating everybody is definitely huge

Bulldog...its definitely huge. I think it WILL be the biggest upset of the year, once all is said and done.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Bulldog...its definitely huge. I think it WILL be the biggest upset of the year, once all is said and done.

ya i think so also

bulldogman06
11-18-2006, 07:55 PM

If cuero loses I have Wimberly takin it all, but I think that this is cuero's year.

Chris Hart
11-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Wimberley will absolutely DONKEYSTOMP Medina Valley. There are 4 teams alive for the Div II State Championship, Wimberley, Cuero, Liberty Hill and WOS, the rest are pretenders, lol...

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
no matter ho wins i have hondo take it all

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Wimberley will absolutely DONKEYSTOMP Medina Valley. There are 4 teams alive for the Div II State Championship, Wimberley, Cuero, Liberty Hill and WOS, the rest are pretenders, lol...

um so hondo is a pretender???

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Uh-oh....<<<puts on chat armor>>>

TxStBobcat
11-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Hondo has a definite chance, especially since its the playoffs, anything can happen.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Uh-oh....<<<puts on chat armor>>>

lol u better cause someone dissed my team and now IT IS ON i usually dont get mad but this kind of subject will piss me off and that is not a good thing

bulldogman06
11-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Hondo is good, I think the only reason he may have said that is because they havent had a really tough game yet, except for Bandera, and most people dont realize how good Bandera can be

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Hondo is good, I think the only reason he may have said that is because they havent had a really tough game yet, except for Bandera, and most people dont realize how good Bandera can be

devine was tough as well and your right about bandera people dont realize how good they are they jsut havnt had the best of luck with their schedule

TxStBobcat
11-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
lol u better cause someone dissed my team and now IT IS ON i usually dont get mad but this kind of subject will piss me off and that is not a good thing

Simmer down now boosty, sit down and have a drink.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:08 PM
lol i dont have any wait... i have some chaep stuff ew gross dont like it

Chris Hart
11-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Remember Wimberley/Hondo last year? If they play again, it will be more of the same. Sorry Boosty but it's true...:D

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:12 PM
haha ur joking right? ok if u take last years hondo team and take the talent of that team and multiply it by about eh 50 then u might get how good this years team is... plus u havnt seen hondo play this year and ive seen cuero and wimberly play this year and honestly hondo will be able to keep up with them if not surpass them... ps what u said is probably the unniest thing i have heard all week

Chris Hart
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I do think Hondo could play Wimberley a little closer game this year than last, but not that much closer. Wimberley trounced the same Bandera team that took Hondo to the brink this year. I really hope you guys do well, i like Hondo and love to pull for you guys, but to say yall are in the same class and possibly better than Wimberley and Cuero is VERY optimistic. I like the way you think, but I don't think so Boosty...;)

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:38 PM
lol thanks its just i gotta stick up for my team

rb585
11-18-2006, 08:41 PM
haha ur joking right? ok if u take last years hondo team and take the talent of that team and multiply it by about eh 50 then u might get how good this years team is...

Really, where did all that talent come from? Seriously, where?

Wimberley played their JV for much of the 2nd half of last years' game, and they held their own, so why should anyone consider Hondo to be a legit contender for Region 4 this year?

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:45 PM
lol the talent came from hard work and determination to not get beat by wimberly that bad again and there ability to execute plays has only got better scince last year and you sound like everyother person ive talked to from wimberly except wimbo_pro ....snooty all yall do is talk crap wimbo_pro is the only person from wimberly that i have talked to that i have respect for

rb585
11-18-2006, 08:50 PM
lol the talent came from hard work and determination to not get beat by wimberly that bad again and there ability to execute plays has only got better scince last year and you sound like everyother person ive talked to from wimberly except wimbo_pro ....snooty all yall do is talk crap wimbo_pro is the only person from wimberly that i have talked to that i have respect for

OK, that's good that all that talent came from hard work and determination! We have none of that here. And too bad you didn't have that stuff last year!

Hondo pretty much has a monopoly on that stuff this season in Region 4 from what I've heard.

:rolleyes:

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 08:54 PM
i dont want to play your childish games have fun playing with yourself and maybe you will know whatit feels like to be mature and hit puberty.... have a nice day:D

big daddy russ
11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Hell yeah. This is gonna be a fun thread.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 09:02 PM
lol i could make it more fun but eh im to mature for that one

rb585
11-18-2006, 09:07 PM
i dont want to play your childish games have fun playing with yourself and maybe you will know whatit feels like to be mature and hit puberty.... have a nice day:D

Hey, I'm just wanting a serious answer to a serious question.

If you're saying that Hondo is so much better this season because of hard work and determination, then you're dissing last year's Hondo team for not working hard and being determined, because they were completely overmatched.

rb585
11-18-2006, 09:12 PM
lol i could make it more fun but eh im to mature for that one

That's funny! Most mature people can find the shift key and use punctuation.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 09:15 PM
ok im not dissin last years hondo team ... i played on that team i know how much hard work we put into last year and in the hondo and wimberly game we had the most mistakes in that game than we did all year we were not focused in that game and nothing wanted to go right for us but i worked out with some of the players for this years team over this past summer and i can honestly say that almost every player was in there everyday and they did not stop working till they couldnt move and the year before we didnt do that we hardley went so i can honestly say that this year thye have worked harder than we did last year

rb585
11-18-2006, 09:21 PM
ok im not dissin last years hondo team ... i played on that team i know how much hard work we put into last year and in the hondo and wimberly game we had the most mistakes in that game than we did all year we were not focused in that game and nothing wanted to go right for us but i worked out with some of the players for this years team over this past summer and i can honestly say that almost every player was in there everyday and they did not stop working till they couldnt move and the year before we didnt do that we hardley went so i can honestly say that this year thye have worked harder than we did last year

That's a better explanation, but you still might want to try using some punctuation and a spell checker and the shift key if you're trying to convince us that you're being mature about this whole issue...

:D

Good luck with the Wimberley-Cuero winner.

;)

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by rb585
That's a better explanation, but you still might want to try using some punctuation and a spell checker and the shift key if you're trying to convince us that you're being mature about this whole issue...

:D

Good luck with the Wimberley-Hondo winner.

;)

why do that it is just a message board most people dont to that stuff anyways

rb585
11-18-2006, 10:03 PM
why do that it is just a message board most people dont to that stuff anyways

Whatever.

Look back at the entire thread, Boosty. There's only one person claiming to be "to mature" and there's only one person avoiding punctuation and the shift key. Surprisingly, they're both the same person.

So "most people dont to that stuff anyways" rings about as true as your claim that Hondo is 50 times more talented than they were last year.

Again, good luck with the Wimberley-Cuero winner.

gold_33
11-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Hondo my be the best team in their area but to say they're in the same league as Cuero and Wimberley in a little far fetched im sorry. The level of teams that Cuero and Wim play far exceeds any teams that Hondo played and thats what makes us ready and a legit contender. Wim faced Abilene Wylie, Liberty-Euylau, the Hill and Giddings and won all but one and all those teams have a shot at winning it all. Hondo hasnt had any test like that and its hard in the 3rd or 4th round to finally get tested and see how the team responds cause there is no next week to fix it. Sorry but Hondo's road ends in the 4th if not sooner.

wyliebdogchick
11-19-2006, 12:55 AM
i have to go for wimberly on this one...idk much about the other team but we played wimberly earlier in the year and they have a really high explosive offense and a good D line.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Wimberely