carter08
11-18-2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.markbernstein.org/elements/turkey.jpg

Mustangpride09
11-18-2006, 01:40 PM
lol

44INAROW
11-18-2006, 01:49 PM
We have a big game this week against Rio Hondo - No need to be looking past that game at this point in time :p

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-18-2006, 02:52 PM
that sounds like possibly the greatest game ever. (just a little sarcasm no one jump down my throat for that)

Gobbler Fan
11-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I like my turkey's deep fried in peanut oil ....:D

NDFootball
11-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by carter08

I second that.

RuffneckGobbler
11-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Something tells me Cuero could handle Wimberly no problems. But we'll see after the RH game. But it makes the game 10 times more interesting when you root for the underdog.. who wants to root for the team everyone knows will win.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2006, 03:23 PM
What will happen if Cuero plays Winbererley? it will mean both teams didnt overlook their games to get to this game. Now what will happen most likely what happen the last time they played a mistake by one team costing them the game.

scrub c
11-18-2006, 05:02 PM
funny

formermbcouns
11-18-2006, 05:10 PM
gotta go with he gobblers

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 05:14 PM
im pullin for cuero if this happens

gobbler grad
11-18-2006, 05:38 PM
i'd rather be eating on that turkey, rather than that old nasty crow you all are feeding...:kiss:

GreenMachine
11-18-2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.markbernstein.org/elements/turkey.jpg Keep rooting against us carter. :rolleyes: We don't want you on our bandwagon :tongue:

GreenMachine
11-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I second that. Man, I backed you on ND football all year and then you side with carter???:rolleyes: :D

bulldogman06
11-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Carter, you have no clue buddy

GreenMachine
11-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Carter, you have no clue buddy I second that!!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Keep rooting against us carter. :rolleyes: We don't want you on our bandwagon :tongue:

lol i wouldnt either lol jk

greenpride
11-18-2006, 08:44 PM

That picture has never been seen before! lol Come up with something fresh.......maybe one year your team will win some meaningful games in December.....doubtful!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Is it wrong for NDFootball or carter08 to say that Cuero could possibly lose to Wimberley in a possible playoff game? Considering how good the Texans are I'd think that matchup would be a good game.:thinking:

GreenMachine
11-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Is it wrong for NDFootball or carter08 to say that Cuero could possibly lose to Wimberley in a possible playoff game? Considering how good the Texans are I'd think that matchup would be a good game.:thinking: It would be a good game IMO, but we both still have another game we had better focus on. Both of these teams are definitely capable of beating each other.

DU_stud04
11-19-2006, 01:08 AM
if these two meet up???? wimberly would beat cuero.

GreenMachine
11-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if these two meet up???? wimberly would beat cuero. Say why, don't just post that Wimberley would win. Give reasons...if you can.

DU_stud04
11-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Say why, don't just post that Wimberley would win. Give reasons...if you can.

wimberly will win because im the juggernaut....read the signurature, its all true :D ;)

bandera7
11-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Wow, this is ridiculous. Cuero will beat Wimberley. We have played both, and Cuero has more all around talent, and more speed. Wimberley is good, but they arent Cuero. Maybe Wimberley has one guy that can stop one of the Cuero athletes, but what about the other 10 on the field? Cuero is too loaded, with players like Grey, Hargrove, Scott, Noack, and their pair of RB's, Wimberley would have too many problems stopping all of them. Cuero wins this one by 17 if/when it happens.

Old Tiger
11-19-2006, 09:30 AM
They will meet a neutral site and have a game :)

cpsgpd
11-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I think the keys to beating Cuero are as follows
1. A team that can establish a running game, but have enough speed in the WR positions to keep the defense from loading the box, an occasional play action pass. Controlling the clock so that you limit the Cuero’s offensive opportunities.
2. On defense the D line and linebackers have to be able to stop the running game with out stunting or help from the safeties. Secondary has to have enough speed to cover Cuero’s receivers

I don’t know if that team exist in 3a this year but we will see.

gobbler grad
11-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
They will meet a neutral site and have a game :)

hope it won't be in Seguin...:thinking:

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 10:41 AM
I definitely have strong opinions on this future game, but will hold off making any comments/predictions on this forum until AFTER next week's games.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2006, 10:42 AM
what happened in the last game was not a mistake... Cuero finally was able to figure out Wimberley just as Wimberley figured out Cuero early on, then Mr. HM33 (linebacker) broke the ice and said "Let's go muscles to muscles" and stripped the ball from their player, then We're Back picked the ball up and trotted into the endzone...

Wimberley scares the hell out of me, but we gotta get past them Valley-folk first...

Hey, DU, I'm at the Best Western in Arlington, I'm gunna come and kick your ass if you keep this up...

JT44
11-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
What will happen if Cuero plays Winbererley? it will mean both teams didnt overlook their games to get to this game. Now what will happen most likely what happen the last time they played a mistake by one team costing them the game.

Wimberly still had plenty of chances inside the 20 to win the game in the last few minutes, Cuero's D won the game with the fumble return by then safety noack, and then the stand inside the red zone

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
hope it won't be in Seguin...:thinking: hee hee Fog Bowl II.

pirate4state
11-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Wimberly still had plenty of chances inside the 20 to win the game in the last few minutes, Cuero's D won the game with the fumble return by then safety noack, and then the stand inside the red zone yep.

IF this game happens it will be something to see!! As everyone has been saying, Cuero is loaded with talent. Speed to burn and some scary big guys!! :D

Gotta get by Rio Hondo & Medina Valley first. ;)

neck_06
11-19-2006, 02:43 PM

this is true if it was last year's wimberley team......this year's team..........i don't know

wimbo_pro
11-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Yes, we DID have several tries from within the 20 yrd line to win in 2004, down by 4 points...EIGHT chances to be exact. I hand it to Cuero, they stopped us when all we needed was one score with 8 attempts. You cant get it done with 8 tries, you deserve to lose.

Of course, you could go back to our coaches decision in the last seconds of the 2nd quarter to go for a TD instead of kicking a chip shot FG (well, maybe not a chip shot, but no more than a 35 yarder). I say this more than anything had a huge impact on a 4 point loss...which would have been a 1 point deficit with eight tries in the final seconds....big difference.

Gobbla2001
11-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yes, we DID have several tries from within the 20 yrd line to win in 2004, down by 4 points...EIGHT chances to be exact. I hand it to Cuero, they stopped us when all we needed was one score with 8 attempts. You cant get it done with 8 tries, you deserve to lose.

Of course, you could go back to our coaches decision in the last seconds of the 2nd quarter to go for a TD instead of kicking a chip shot FG (well, maybe not a chip shot, but no more than a 35 yarder). I say this more than anything had a huge impact on a 4 point loss...which would have been a 1 point deficit with eight tries in the final seconds....big difference.

well either way it was a very exciting game and really made me respect Wimberly so much more...

LHMom
11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
If this match-up occurs, and as long as it does not conflict w/ an LH game, we will be there.

JT44
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
If this match-up occurs, and as long as it does not conflict w/ an LH game, we will be there.
the question also is, What side does the LH faithful sit on, if the matchup happens?

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JT44
the question also is, What side does the LH faithful sit on, if the matchup happens? end zone seating?? :D

LHMom
11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
LOL. Good one on the end-zone seating.

I know which side I'd be on, but I'm not tellin'!

29-3aFAN
11-20-2006, 10:28 PM
What more could you ask for last time these two teams met. FOG bowl part 2 maybe? You barely could see the visitor side but you could hear the crowd roar. Awesome game, and will go down to the wire.

wooden bear
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
IF they play Cuero will win. Last time these two teams play i had one kep player from wimberly tell me that they were so intimidated by us before the game. That is how they will be again this year and will be handled by Cuero.

TAMUGRAD
11-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
What more could you ask for last time these two teams met. FOG bowl part 2 maybe? You barely could see the visitor side but you could hear the crowd roar. Awesome game, and will go down to the wire.

That is how we refer to that game at our house also ----

The Fog Bowl. You could barely see the players on the field if the play was at the opposite end of the field from where you were sitting in the stands. Definitely could not see across the field to the Wimberly stands. We could just hear each other. I kept thinking they could not possibly throw a long one they would never see it until it was right on them.

It was just too weird for words.