PDA

View Full Version : College Recruiting

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-05-2002, 12:42 AM
I have started down the college recruiting road. My son played for Vernon and is a junior so he will be back next year. But I have heard that I should start the process now. Anyone out there with some helpful hints or experiences please post.

Jacket2000
12-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Just a few tips.
1.Make sure his grades are in order is the first thing. (13 core classes, 2.5 GPA)

2.Get exposed. Send letters to head college coaches, have the HS coach send a letter of recomendation and highlight films, go the camps, etc..

3. Try to get on one of the countless recruiting lists. Once again, sending highlight films will help. There are some that will send questionares to prospects, and there are some that will take all comers and charge a fee. Both are good.

4. Be realistic. If he's a 200 lb lineman or a skill position player who runs a 4.8, it probably ain't gonna happen, unless he's willing to walk-on and likely pay his own way.
Just a few tips Ive picked up. Take it for what it's worth.
J2K

bulldog65
12-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Register with the NCAA Clearinghouse. Visit this link for information.

NCAA Clearinghouse (http://www.ncaaclearinghouse.net/ncaa/NCAA/common/index.html)

Good Luck!!!

exbccards76'smom
12-06-2002, 01:06 AM
having been down this road myself, these are my words of wisdom...

(1) Make sure he keeps his grades up
(2) Make sure he takes his SAT this summer so his scores will be registered with the Clearinghouse.
(3) Make sure he has plenty of tapes made up to send to the perspective colleges.

My son took his sat very late because he didn't want to miss any football practices. He lost out on some opportunities because of this.

oldbuff78
12-06-2002, 01:00 PM
HE MUST BE ON THE NCAA CLEARING HOUSE!!!!!!!!