Dogs_21
11-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Who wins this game???

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 02:01 AM
i am going with sweeny

Pudlugger
11-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Sweeny will win one way or another, a class act.

scrub c
11-18-2006, 02:42 AM
im going to say sweeny wins this one.

g$$
11-18-2006, 02:52 AM
I sure hope Sweeny. Let's enjoy this one tonight.

g$$
11-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Who knows anything about Kirbyville? I know they are 8-3 coming out of the Golden Triangle Area & a good district. Give me a scouting report please...offense/defense, kicking game, key players, what to watch for, injuries, other thoughts, etc. Thanks.

tigerpride_08
11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
i think sweeny takes this one and keeps on representing our district...

j_dog
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Most everyone seems to be picking Sweeny. What is the scouting report on them? I don't know anything about their record, or strength of schedule.

wedo
11-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Sweeny rolls in this one

cropduster
11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Sweeny wins this one. FS from Kirbyville might be the hardest hitter I have seen this year. Love to see that guy and tank in the open field.

g$$
11-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Most everyone seems to be picking Sweeny. What is the scouting report on them? I don't know anything about their record, or strength of schedule.

Go to the Sweeny vs. La Grange thread from last week. Lots of discussion & I posted a scouting report on Sweeny. Best player is Tank Carder, etc. Other people have stuff on there too. Hope that helps. Sweeny is 9-2 (both losses came in 1st 2 weeks when QB got hurt, lots of changes since then too).

j_dog
11-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sure thing. Ricky "Tank" Carder is all-out in everything he does. There is no 1/2 way with him. Heck of an athlete in football, basketball, & baseball (all county & all district in each, all state in football as junior). Plays FB, LB, K, & P for Sweeny. Occasionally TE & QB too, some would say drives the bus as well!! Being recruited by many D1 schools as an ATH/LB currently. He is fun to watch, high motor sideline to sideline & loves to hit people in the mouth. Punishing, physical runner w/ 4.6 speed. He loves contact. 6'3" 205 lbs. Great kid, know him well. (Josh Fields will also get some time at FB as both go both ways. Another thumper but Tank is faster.)

Brandon Smith is the shifty runner & leading rusher. QB Marsh Zajicek is very steady, not the flashy type (son of coach). Receiving corps is decent. O-line is pretty big. Defense is fast & aggressive. Kicking game is big weapon for Sweeny w/ Carder.

Multiple on offense, will throw it some. QB is still not 100% from injury. They will go I, split backs, pro, slot, twins, etc. Sweeny wants to run the football but can pass it enough to keep you honest.

Coach Zajicek in Sweeny has brought the program back after a down few years when he was in administration. Overall coaching record is 109-45-7 (around 70%). He & staff do a great job & we are lucky to have him back. Hope that helps. Your turn...

(Pud: I responded to you in our discussion on the other thread for Columbia / Bellville. Check it out).

j_dog
11-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks!

Originally posted by g$$
Sweeny wins a close one, say 24-17 Final.

LG comes out of a tough district, but Sweeny won a tough district unbeaten too. Coach Walker has done some good things since he came from Ennis at LG. Now it's playoff time.

Coach Zajicek has restored the Pride in Sweeny & made the playoffs both years since his return. The man wins around 70% of his games for a reason (109-45-7). They will be ready.

Sweeny has a pretty big O-line & Coach Scarborough does a great job with them. He's one of the best around. Coach Stewart leads a fast defense. Good skill kids, steady qb, & maybe the best player in the district in Tank Carder #14. Kid is legit, plays both ways, & does all the kicking. He is a weapon & plays hard all the time. Sweeny does NOT beat WC or Wharton without him.

Good luck to all... :)

g$$
11-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Sweeny's secondary played very well vs. LG. Tramicha Young & Paul Brunner lead the troops back there. They will be tested this week it appears.

Defense is base 4-3, but they will deviate at times as needed. Aggressive, fast, & run to the ball well.

Everything else is above I guess. GATA Dogs!

Coach Zajicek is 110-45-7 now for career too. Heck of a record & so glad to have him back in charge in Sweeny. He & his staff do a fine job.

gato 76
11-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sweeny's secondary played very well vs. LG. Tramicha Young & Paul Brunner lead the troops back there. They will be tested this week it appears.

Defense is base 4-3, but they will deviate at times as needed. Aggressive, fast, & run to the ball well.

Everything else is above I guess. GATA Dogs!

Coach Zajicek is 110-45-7 now for career too. Heck of a record & so glad to have him back in charge in Sweeny. He & his staff do a fine job.

You say sweeny runs a 4-3 defense,what do they run on offense/

wedo
11-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Im sure Tank Carder will have some ridiculous stats and Sweeny will win by at least 3 td's!

fireman1
11-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Sweeny takes this one, good luck to both teams. Sweeny good job on representing D 24

nexfan
11-21-2006, 10:46 AM
How many Sweeny folks will be staying for the WC game? I'll be at the Sweeny game for sure! Good luck and go dogs!!

18handicap
11-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Good luck to the Sweeny Bulldogs this week!! Coach Zajicek and his staff are continuing to do a great job with the Bulldogs!!

carter08
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
I probably won't make it to this game.
Old Family friend has invited us to his house and we won't get out of there til like 3.
Oh well
Go Bulldogs

g$$
11-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
You say sweeny runs a 4-3 defense,what do they run on offense/

Multiple on offense. Sweeny wants to run the football, but can pass enough to keep you honest. They will go I, offset I, split backs, twins, twins split, pro, 1 TE/2 TEs, slot, etc. Formations will vary, heavy dose of sweeps, counters, & fullback G plays. Shotgun will be featured a lot too. Sweeny ran a lot of the zone read package last year but very little this year. QB Zajicek does not run much. He is very steady & makes good decisions with the ball usually. Brandon Smith is the leading rusher & Tank Carder gets his touches too.

If you are scouting Sweeny, 2 words for you: Tank Carder. He does a little bit of everything for the Dogs. That is no secret.

Should be a good game & fun to watch.

g$$
11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
How many Sweeny folks will be staying for the WC game? I'll be at the Sweeny game for sure! Good luck and go dogs!!

Plan to watch both games as of now.

Go Dogs
Go Necks

Keep representing that "weak" district!

j_dog
11-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I am thinking about staying for the Silsbee game. ;)

g$$
11-21-2006, 06:13 PM
My predictions:

Sweeny 27
Kirbyville 16

West Columbia 35
Silsbee 24

Good luck 24-3A.

Bearkat
11-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Sweeny will be too much for the Wildcats.

nexfan
11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I am thinking about staying for the Silsbee game. ;)

You mean staying for the Columbia game, right!!

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
You mean staying for the Columbia game, right!! Man you have alot of room talking about someone drooling on thier keyboard!!!!!!

nexfan
11-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
Man you have alot of room talking about someone drooling on thier keyboard!!!!!!

Is that supposed to make sense?

scrub c
11-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Im saying the bluedogs of sweeny win this one.

(by 3 td's)

g$$
11-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Sweeny, Kirbyville enter area round

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published November 23, 2006

SWEENY — The dream season continues for the Sweeny Bulldogs as they venture into the area round for the first time since 2001.

In a Class 3A, Region III, Division II contest, the 9-2 Bulldogs hook up with Kirbyville (8-3) in a 1 p.m. Friday start at Buddy Moorhead Stadium in Conroe.

Fresh off disposing of La Grange 31-7 in the bi-district round, Sweeny now will try to tame the Wildcats.

“They are a great offensive football team averaging about 441 yards a game,” Sweeny head coach Tommy Zajicek said. “They run an offense that we don’t see too much of. They are in lots of motions and are going all over the place with three backs in a Wing-T. They can hurt you on reverses because they run the ball so well. Their receivers are averaging over 20 yards a catch.”

Kirbyville must prepare for a Sweeny defense that hasn’t given up a lot of yards this year, however.

In its last two contests — against La Grange and Columbus — the Bulldog defense has yielded an average of 203 offensive yards. Against the Leopards, Sweeny allowed only 140 total offensive yards.

For the season, the Bulldogs gave up an average of 217.4 yards a contest.

With players such as Josh Fields and Chris Thompson manning the front line, Tank Carder and Paul Brunner right behind on the linebacking corp, and Tra’Micah Young and Chris Jammer in the corners, the defense has been hard to press. The gang tackling has stymied foe after foe.

“For the defense, it is just one of those things where we have some good players but we have some young kids,” Zajicek said. “Quite a few underclassmen, as many as six are maturing and growing up with us. They’ve helped us play well and are representing how to do the right thing.”

On Friday, Sweeny will meet an offense that is explosive on the ground and through the air. Kirbyville is the third seed out of District 21-3A, where all three teams remain in the playoff hunt — West Orange-Stark and Silsbee being the other two.

The Wildcats got by Cold Spring 27-12 in the first round. Offensively they gained 4,857 yards during the season, including 3,179 yards rushing.

But as much as Kirbyville ran the ball, it also threw for 1,678 yards.

Pierce Rhodes was the defensive newcomer of the year to the district last season and this year leads the Wildcats’ rushing game with 1,526 yards on 155 carries. Rhodes penetrated the end zone 22 times, with a 9.8 yard-per-carry average.

He is just one of various runners the Wildcats use in a potent offense. Broderick Jackson had 560 yards on 75 carries and seven scores. LeKarlis Diggles, Barry Burley and Marlon Crawford also carry the football.

Under center, Aaron Hazelwood threw for 1,532 yards for nine touchdowns and was intercepted nine times.

Crawford caught 66 passes for 489 yards and two touchdowns. Randy Musgrove has 327 yards receiving, Rhodes has 343 yards and Diggles 224.

“We are playing an option team where each person on defense has to read their keys,” Zajicek said. “We haven’t seen an offense like this. The closest to it is Needville. They have a good tradition there, reaching the third round of the playoffs last year. This is not their first dance.”

Defensively, Kirbyville gave up 274.1 yards in seven district games, only 69 yards to Hamshire-Fannet in its last district game of the season.

“Our biggest key is to make sure we don’t give up the big play like we have on occasions,” Zajicek said. “We will try not to let them reach that total of yards they’ve been gaining, because if they do they will control the clock. We must take advantage of opportunities when presented to us.”

The winner moves on to the regional round to face the winner of the Liberty Hill-Crockett matchup Saturday afternoon at Baylor University.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dawgs11
11-23-2006, 11:11 PM
tank carder will score enough touchdowns by himself to beat kirbyville not to mention the rest of the team