View Full Version : Columbia/ Silsbee

carter08
11-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Round 2
Friday in Conroe
Who will win

Dogs_21
11-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Silsbee is a good team but the Necks are Rolling right about now so I have to go with them in this one...!!!

g$$
11-18-2006, 03:03 AM
WC - have Flannel, will travel. Go get 'em Necks!

Uncle Buck
11-18-2006, 03:14 AM
Scrub wins.

Spoon gets his crunk on while Pancho holds the goats, Crank dances the Macarena, Mac eats an extry burger and cropduster looks on as the Necks win........

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Silsbee

IHStangFan
11-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Columbia is on fire right now....Columbia.

necks_c/09
11-18-2006, 08:11 AM
is it at 7:30????

carter08
11-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
is it at 7:30????

That would be correct

TAMUGRAD
11-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Going with Silsbee

mac77
11-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Buck great job against LG. Looks like next Friday will be Turkey sandwiches and 24-3A football in Moorhead.

PS: Ya can't let Panch hold the goats or it'll be mutton madness.

wedo
11-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Im going with Columbia! 24-17

KL3
11-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by g$$
WC - have Flannel, will travel. Go get 'em Necks!

Not so sure about the WC traveling part. I was dissapointed in how many WC fans were there last night. Bellville easily outnumbered them 2-1.

Johnnypaycheck
11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
that bandwagon will get a little bit bigger. Just imagine the size of the crowd next friday in Conroe...Sweeny at 2, Necks at 7:30 All of southern brazoria country may be there!

carter08
11-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
that bandwagon will get a little bit bigger. Just imagine the size of the crowd next friday in Conroe...Sweeny at 2, Necks at 7:30 All of southern brazoria country may be there!

Will both 24-3A teams be on the same side of the stadium?

IHStangFan
11-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Will both 24-3A teams be on the same side of the stadium? just camp out up there in the stands!!

scrub c
11-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Columbia is Home team in Maroon,

was told the game will be at 7:00 not 7:30

tigerpride_08
11-18-2006, 11:40 AM
i think the necks will keep on rolling and represent our district...

AggiesAreWe
11-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Question, what type offense does West Columbia run? Spread, pro set, I formation, wing T? I would appreciate the info.

carter08
11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Question, what type offense does West Columbia run? Spread, pro set, I formation, wing T? I would appreciate the info.

They run a very effective offense

mac77
11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Yes all of these. Varied multiple set offense.

Bull19
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
THE KEY TO A SILSBEE VICTORY IS SHUTTING DOWN FLANNEL. VERY GOOD RUNNER, BUT IF HE IS STOPED WEST COLUMBIA HAS A GOOD CHANCE OF GOING DOWN. SHOWED THEY COULD THROW THE BALL, BUT FLANNEL IS DEFINANETLY 95% OF THEIR OFFENSE. THE #'S SHOW IT.

carter08
11-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
THE KEY TO A SILSBEE VICTORY IS SHUTTING DOWN FLANNEL. VERY GOOD RUNNER, BUT IF HE IS STOPED WEST COLUMBIA HAS A GOOD CHANCE OF GOING DOWN. SHOWED THEY COULD THROW THE BALL, BUT FLANNEL IS DEFINANETLY 95% OF THEIR OFFENSE. THE #'S SHOW IT.

Flannel is a big part, but if you saw the same game i did, you KNOW Flannel was not 95% of the offense. Jason Scott threw the ball very effectively last night.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 07:08 PM
go columbia

tigerdad
11-18-2006, 08:14 PM
do you know how many pics we have this year? so i hope they do pass alot,our hoss running back was out for last nights game so i think that hurt us a little,we played a very flat game against splendora NOT TAKING anything away from splendora because they are a very good scrappy ball club but we didnt play that well, we did just enough to win, but a win is a win, i think you will see a different team next friday, u know what they say when a TIGER get the taste of blood IT DONT QUIT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Necked
11-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Should be a good game between two evenly matched teams. With both teams featuring running, ball control offenses I look for this to be a low scoring affair. The winning team will probably have about 20-28 points at most. As is usual when two ball control offenses come together, it will come down to whos defense plays better & forces the most stops....

tigerdad
11-18-2006, 08:47 PM
i couln't agree with you more, it will probaly come down to who has the least amount of mistakes!!!!! what type of o-fense does the roughnecks run?

tigerdad
11-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
i couln't agree with you more, it will probaly come down to who has the least amount of mistakes!!!!! what type of o-fense does the roughnecks run? ??????????????

tigerdad
11-19-2006, 08:06 PM
WOW !!!!! no more comments on this game :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

carter08
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
WOW !!!!! no more comments on this game :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's only Sunday
and you seemed like you were having fun talking to yourself

tigerdad
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
HA HA :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Necked
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Wicked pic of Flannel....

http://images.chron.com/photos/2006/11/17/4183233/600xPopupGallery.jpg

scrub c
11-19-2006, 09:35 PM
its kinda like a wing

Necked
11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
its kinda like a wing

Chicken or Turkey? :thinking:

Dogs_21
11-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Columbia-28
Silsbee-20

NHSBulldog75
11-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Silsbee reported to be a big play bunch. Columbia's defense had their way with Bellville and the Brahma's big play offense. I predict the same style of game and the same kind of outcome

Columbia by at least two touchdowns

TxStBobcat
11-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Dont know a whole lot about either but I'm gonna have to go with Columbia

Necked
11-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by TxStBobcat
Dont know a whole lot about either but I'm gonna have to go with Columbia

I like your style! :thumbsup:

necks_c/09
11-20-2006, 09:38 AM
its only monday and i dont know much about silsbee so im not goin to make any predictions just yet but i hope the necks can keep movin b/c i think the winner of region 3 wins it all.

AggiesAreWe
11-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by NHSBulldog75
Silsbee reported to be a big play bunch. Columbia's defense had their way with Bellville and the Brahma's big play offense. I predict the same style of game and the same kind of outcome

Columbia by at least two touchdowns

On the contrary, Silsbee is not a big play bunch but more of a grind it out type team. They did win with the big play last week but that was out of the norm for them. The veer offense can break it every now and then but it is set up by grinding it out. Silsbee is definetly a ball control offense but they have opened it up more with the passing game of late. With the passing game getting better and better each week, the Tigers are quickly becoming a very dangerous offensive team with the many weapons they have. Plus, with that huge offensive line( both tackles go 6-4 310, the tightend 265, and the guards and center going in the 260 range ), Silsbee will look to pound it as often as they can.
Silsbee's defensive line is big also, but the lb's are a little small but very fast. The secondary is very fast, one of the best in the state, with over 20 int's this year. The Tiger defense kept that high powered WOS offense in check, limiting them to their lowest point and yardage total all year. They still need to play better though, specially after last week, the defense didn't play very well. Credit goes to Splendora.

I think the Tigers keeps the Columbia run game in check and wins this one 28-21.

tigerdad
11-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I GUESS WE WILL SEE FRIDAY NIGHT !!! BUT I SURE LIKE THE WAY YOU ARE THINKING AGGIESAREWE, I THINK SILSBEE HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE THIS FRIDAY ESPECIALLY AFTER LAST FRIDAYS PERFORMANCE !!!!!

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Silsbee's score surprised me last week against Splendora. Silsbee played a tough district schedule, but so did WC. :thinking: Tough match up, but I gotta give Silsbee a slight edge.

carter08
11-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Silsbee's score surprised me last week against Splendora. Silsbee played a tough district schedule, but so did WC. :thinking: Tough match up, but I gotta give Silsbee a slight edge.

I'm disappointed Foots

pirate4state
11-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm disappointed Foots Didn't say I wouldn't be rooting for ya, just giving Silsbee a slight edge. ;)

KL3
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by NHSBulldog75
Columbia's defense had their way with Bellville and the Brahma's big play offense.

You do realize that WC forced Bellville to punt a total of zero times right? 6 turnovers hurt Bellville more than WC's D.

neck_06
11-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by KL3
You do realize that WC forced Bellville to punt a total of zero times right? 6 turnovers hurt Bellville more than WC's D.
last time i checked your defense creates turnovers doesn't it????

just checking....its been a while since i've played.

tigerdad
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
are they a passing or a running team? give me some scouting reports on these guys cause i know nothing about them

carter08
11-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
last time i checked your defense creates turnovers doesn't it????

just checking....its been a while since i've played.

its been a whole year
things change
defense just isn't a part of turnovers anymore

cropduster
11-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by KL3

They didn't have to punt becauce THEY FORCED 6 turnovers. They had one big play on a toss pass that one of the twins FORCED a fumble on, and the only time they had a drive Harris catches a slant and the other twin RIPS the ball from him.

You forget about the fumble the Brahmas recovered on the opening kickoff of the second half. Did Bellville score? No. Columbia FORCED them to try a long feild goal attempt in which they missed.

Don't forget that the quarterback ran for his life all night and there wasn't any running game by the Brahmas to speak of.

Oh, and I forgot, the Roughnecks did get a safety.

Last I checked the Brahmas did not score an offensive touchdown.

KL3 must have been watching a different game than everyone else.

tigerdad
11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
dont forget defense wins ball games, and remember we held #4 WO-S to 20 points, and check our stats on interceptions !!!

cropduster
11-20-2006, 09:23 PM
No doubt, tigerdad. Should be a good ballgame this week. Looking forward to it.

NHSBulldog75
11-20-2006, 11:49 PM
:thinking: :thinking: I thought there were five picks and two fumbles (including Scott's steal of the completed pass)

Do we count the safety as a turnover?

What about the ball being turned over on downs?

By my homer method of counting, that would be nine...

Ten possessions, one missed field goal and nine times stopped.

Great job Roughneck defense!!

fireman1
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM
good luck Columbia hope you advance to the next round. Now that Wharton is out of it I'm still a D 24 supporter

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 02:34 PM
THREE DAYS AND IT WILL ALL BE SETTLED !!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

g$$
11-21-2006, 06:16 PM
My predictions:

WC 35
Silsbee 24

Sweeny 27
Kirbyville 16

Good luck 24-3A.

scrub c
11-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by KL3

yeah, we were REALLY lucky to win that game.

I guess we dont stand much of a chance against the team that held WOS to 20 points... and they have like 49 interceptions on the year, and we all know passing is the strangth of Columbia's offense... dang, I guess were are done for. :(

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 07:07 PM
WE WILL SEE FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!! IT WILL COME DOWN TO WHO MAKES THE LEAST AMOUNT ON MISTAKES !!!!! MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN !!!!

HPLJ6L
11-21-2006, 07:07 PM
WC has the advantage because you can't scout them. Unless you have film from last season when Flannel was healthy. They are a totally different squad...Ask Huey.

Exceptional Speed = Kryptonite to WC defense

Bellville didn't have it, Silsbee won't either. The Necks will roll until they meet "That guy" and unfortunately for everyone else, those guys in 3a are already playing Basketball. Hutto, Gilmer, Diboll. Everyone else is in trouble.

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
WC has the advantage because you can't scout them. Unless you have film from last season when Flannel was healthy. They are a totally different squad...Ask Huey.

Exceptional Speed = Kryptonite to WC defense

Bellville didn't have it, Silsbee won't either. The Necks will roll until they meet "That guy" and unfortunately for everyone else, those guys in 3a are already playing Basketball. Hutto, Gilmer, Diboll. Everyone else is in trouble. Whatever you haven't seen SPEED till you have watched silsbee, our stud running back was not even suited up last week but i think he will be back this week, and oh my GOD our o-fence and d-fense line 6-5 330, and we have 3-4 of them and they play both ways and have all year and they are like robots the dont get tired, like i said WE WILL SEE FRIDAY !!!!!!! and if they beat us i will be the first one to tip my hat to them !!!!! at this point any given FRIDAY anything can happen !!!!!!!

big daddy russ
11-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
...Exceptional Speed = Kryptonite to WC defense

Bellville didn't have it, Silsbee won't either. The Necks will roll until they meet "That guy" and unfortunately for everyone else, those guys in 3a are already playing Basketball. Hutto, Gilmer, Diboll. Everyone else is in trouble.
Bellville didn't have exceptional speed?

Any non-biased fans who attended the game want to comment? Did Bellville just have a that bad of a night? Is this the same Bellville that I saw hang blow for blow with Giddings a few weeks back?

As far as Silsbee, don't overlook them. They played a sloppy game last week, gave a damn good team every chance in the world to win, and still pulled it off. They're definitely a talented team, but they're in trouble if they play like they did last week. IF they can turn it around and play disciplined ball, they have to be mentioned as one of the favorites to win it all. I haven't seen WC yet, so I can't comment on who's going to win, but I know Silsbee's a tough squad.

Good luck to both teams.

cropduster
11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Silsbee has good team speed and are pretty big up front. The dub definately has their work cut out for them. Should be a good game.

Tigerdad, who else has silsbee lost to other than WOS?

AggiesAreWe
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Silsbee lost to 4A Port Neches-Groves. Some of their better wins were a 54-32 win over 4A Houston Sterling who is still in the 4A playoffs( Silsbee led this game 54-12 into the 4th, then it was scrub time) they defeated then class 2A #1 ranked Newton, and had a district win over Kirbyville, who is still in the 3A playoffs.

HPLJ6L
11-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I said Exceptional Speed.

Which ,to me, is defined as having two or more guys in the sub 4.4 range. So I guess I should have said TEAM speed. Bellville's speed I would classify as good but not exceptional. WC is going to shut down everyone's main weapon, I mean after all they do practice against Flannel every day. It's all about plan B.

scrublydubly
11-21-2006, 08:34 PM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!

g$$
11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
WC does have good team speed no doubt. Silsbee, being an East Texas team, will have speed too. Difference = Flannel

But if I know Coach Lane, Mr. Flannel is not going full speed too much in practice as he nurses an injured foot. He saves his horse for the ballgames on Friday nights.

Should be a good game, but I am taking WC w/ Flannel & an improving team each week.

D1 Bracket looks much easier on paper than D2 Bracket to me. WC may make a long run in the playoffs. D2 Region 3 alone has has Giddings, WOS, Liberty Hill, Sweeny, etc. That is muderer's row right there. D2 Region 4 has Cuero & Wimberley. Regions 1 & 2 have tough teams as well. D2 is tougher no doubt.

I wish the playoffs had not been watered down & everybody still played for 1 title in each class. I guess more kids get chances & the UIL makes more $$ in the end though.

Bearkat
11-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Very excited about this game. Can't wait for Friday. Silsbee finds a way to win another game.

scrublydubly
11-21-2006, 09:54 PM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexfan
11-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Whatever you haven't seen SPEED till you have watched silsbee, our stud running back was not even suited up last week but i think he will be back this week, and oh my GOD our o-fence and d-fense line 6-5 330, and we have 3-4 of them and they play both ways and have all year and they are like robots the dont get tired, like i said WE WILL SEE FRIDAY !!!!!!! and if they beat us i will be the first one to tip my hat to them !!!!! at this point any given FRIDAY anything can happen !!!!!!!

Is this cat for real!! He has got some mad man love for Silsbee. Holding WOS to 20 is pretty good but I saw em get donkeystompped last year by Wimberley and I'm pretty sure they were better last year than they are this year. Anyways I think Columbia's overall balance on offense and steady defense shows up friday to put forward another good performance. We've got "MO" on our side for this years playoff ride! BTW tigerdad do you have anything realistic to say about Silbee or can you not type with all the drool on your keyboard from day dreaming about them?

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 11:17 PM
First of all i think WOS is better this year than last because they have a more balances o-fense than last year, and second of all exactly what do you want to know about silsbee REALISTICLY ? other than the fact that they are gonna SMOKE the roughnecks come friday night !!!!!!!!

carter08
11-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Are you the only Silsbee fan here?

Or maybe the rest aren't idiots so they don't talk trash when they can't back it up

nexfan
11-21-2006, 11:26 PM
I am tickled pink by your posts!!! Every lineman is 6-5 330! Yeah right and I'm Monica Lewinsky! One of my best friends played college basketball and he is 6-10 and huge and he might weigh 330. Oh and they are robots who go both ways too. I mean its all good and well to support your team but tell it like it is. Thats what I mean by be realistic tigerdad! Didnt yall go 10-0 last year and bow out in the first round? Not knocking you, I'm just curious.... and yes I know we lost to Wimberley by 70 last year so you dont have to go there!

carter08
11-21-2006, 11:30 PM
nexfan, i am disappointed

it was 62-7
GET IT RIGHT

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Why do you keep talking about LAST YEAR ? last year is over alot of players have graduated !!! the robots was A FIGURE OF SPEECH and you will see the size of our line and they will speak for themselves !!!!! it really doesn't matter it will all be settled in 3 days and like i already said if ya'll BEAT us i will be the first to tip my hat to ya'll !!!!

nexfan
11-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Be sure to wear a hat friday.

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 11:46 PM
you need to do the same thing !!!!!!!

carter08
11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Tiger Dad

Come to the Columbia side
After the game
So we can all laugh at you

tigerdad
11-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Tiger Dad

Come to the Columbia side
After the game
So we can all laugh at you wear something so i will know it's you when you come to the silsbee side so i can laugh at you !!!!:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

carter08
11-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Sure
Downlow Shirt
It says 3A Downlow
We'll have a party

AggiesAreWe
11-21-2006, 11:57 PM
The player Tigerdad is talking about is not 6-5 350, he's 6-3 315 OT-DT, a Oklahoma St. committ. Both of our OT go 6-3 315, the other is a junior, already getting D1 offers. Silsbee does have a few players that go both ways, but not 100% of the time. Probably about 4-5 players that go both sides of the ball, a couple of those being recievers. Silsbee does substitute a lot on defense, probably play a total of 18-19 players on defense in the course of the game. Not much subbing on offense, just the recievers and an occasional offensive lineman. Silsbee does have that rare combination of size and speed that you don't usually see at the 3A level.

You'll have to excuse Tigerdad. He's just overly excited about his team's chances in the playoffs.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 12:00 AM
why thank you aggiesarewe, i couldnt have said it better myself, and yes im pumped up about my boys i really think we have the TEAM to take it all this year !!!!

nexfan
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
aggiesarewe..... well said. Articulate yet to the point and borderline realistic. You know what they say... the bigger they are you know the rest.

carter08
11-22-2006, 12:14 AM
why thank you aggiesarewe, i couldnt have said it better myself, and yes im pumped up about my boys i really think we have the TEAM to take it all this year !!!!

Yes
Silsbee is so good
They will win it all

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 12:17 AM
IM GLAD YOU FINALLY ADDMITTED IT !!! AND AT LEAST I DON'T LIKE AUBURN !!!!

nexfan
11-22-2006, 12:17 AM
If yall have the team to beat, why the two point win over a 5-5 team? We played an extremely talented Bellville team who was 8-2 with losses to 2 undefeated teams and gave them a pretty good ballgame. You dont want to talk about last year so I thought we could talk about last week!!!

carter08
11-22-2006, 12:19 AM
IM GLAD YOU FINALLY ADDMITTED IT !!! AND AT LEAST I DON'T LIKE AUBURN !!!!

You wanna Caps-Lock. I'll Caps-Lock.

I HATE AUBURN. I LOST A BET. AND YOU ATE SO DENSE THAT YOU CAN'T DETECT SARCASM. YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND STOP TRYING TO RELIVE YOUR GLORY DAYS. SILSBEE WILL FIND OUT FRIDAY WHAT COLUMBIA IS MADE OF

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 12:24 AM
good luck to ya'll, may the best team win !!!!!!!!

nexfan
11-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks and right back at you!! Good luck and I hope ya'll play well!!! Must say I'm looking forward to it.

SHS-84
11-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Silsbee wins this one

scrublydubly
11-22-2006, 08:20 AM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

necks_c/09
11-22-2006, 09:15 AM
yeah, we were REALLY lucky to win that game.

I guess we dont stand much of a chance against the team that held WOS to 20 points... and they have like 49 interceptions on the year, and we all know passing is the strangth of Columbia's offense... dang, I guess were are done for. :(

i think ur right coach.......we just dont stand a chance .......

did nebody notice this thread is similar to the bellville one....
tigerdad sounds like bull19.
is that a coincidence or is it just me or what?

you do need to remember how well WC played last week compared to silsbee and what they did.

scrublydubly
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g$$
11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i think ur right coach.......we just dont stand a chance .......

did nebody notice this thread is similar to the bellville one....
tigerdad sounds like bull19.
is that a coincidence or is it just me or what?

you do need to remember how well WC played last week compared to silsbee and what they did.

No Sweeny love in your signature (you listed other Brazoria County schools except for Sweeny & Pearland)??

Tigerdad is not even close to that Bull19 idiot. Tigerdad is harmless & means well. Bull19 was just ignorant.

carter08
11-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No Sweeny love in your signature (you listed other Brazoria County schools except for Sweeny & Pearland)??

Tigerdad is not even close to that Bull19 idiot. Tigerdad is harmless & means well. Bull19 was just ignorant.

Those are the 2 teams he supports

scrublydubly
11-22-2006, 12:45 PM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!

pdeuce
11-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Columbia is only getting stronger. Flannel...nuff said.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 01:31 PM
and so is SILSBEE , the whole o-fence, enough said !!!!

NHSBulldog75
11-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Geaux Roughnecks

I grew up in the Triangle and am married to a certified Port Arthur Coona$$, so the spelling is correct

Columbia by 14

g$$
11-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Tigerdad: I love your enthusiasm, I really do, but as a neutral fan I must tell you something.

You have a good team, obviously some big kids & some speed too. But, you have not seen a kid this year like Jared Flannel. I know WOS has some big-name kids too, but this kid Flannel is the real deal & he is not even 100% with the foot injury.

Best of luck & hope to hear back from you afterwards, win or lose.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Like i have already said if they beat us i will be the first to tip my hat, but we have seen some pretty tough rb in our district, we have a very tough disrtict , 6 out of the 7 in our district was in the play-offs last year, and i will be back win or lose, i luv this stuff!!!!! there is no dought in my mind this is gonna be a hell of a game but i cant just sit back and let everyone think they are just gonna walk all over us, it is gonna be who make the least amount of mistakes in the end, who evever wins has a big hill to climb next week, at this point of the game anything could happen !

g$$
11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
No doubt, I have been around a while too, & I respect the football coming out of Southeast Texas. Lots of athletes every year for sure. My cousin has lived in Groves for years too. I know that area pretty well.

I expect a close game. But Flannel will be the difference IMO. Kid is flat special. He can change a game by himself. Good luck.

Tell me about Kirbyville please?....

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
very scrappy team, they dont quit, they have a very good running back named pierce rhodes very special kid also, they dont have alot of size but they are pretty quick, and they have a very,very good quarterback very good passer!!!! they will NOT give up, we were blowing them out and ALMOST let them come back on us.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No doubt, I have been around a while too, & I respect the football coming out of Southeast Texas. Lots of athletes every year for sure. My cousin has lived in Groves for years too. I know that area pretty well.

I expect a close game. But Flannel will be the difference IMO. Kid is flat special. He can change a game by himself. Good luck.

Tell me about Kirbyville please?.... one man CANT win a game for you, has to be a TEAM effort !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexfan
11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Very true!! Jared Flannel is part of a team, a good team, and one that plays every friday as a team. After last weeks win over Bellville during an interview he was very adament about giving credit to his offensive line for opening the holes he ran through the entire game. Bellville consistenly put 9 in the box and they knew he was getting the ball the entire second half. He commenced to rush for over 200 yards in the third and fourth quarter and two scores. He doesnt play defense this year and Bellville didnt score on Columbia's offense the entire game. You are right, it is a team game and Jared Flannel is not cocky or concedid and has always showed good sportsmanship win or lose no matter what the sport is. You'll get to meet the rest of the team come friday!!!

g$$
11-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Re-read my post: I said CHANGE a game by himself.

Team game no doubt. You will see in time what I am saying.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Very true!! Jared Flannel is part of a team, a good team, and one that plays every friday as a team. After last weeks win over Bellville during an interview he was very adament about giving credit to his offensive line for opening the holes he ran through the entire game. Bellville consistenly put 9 in the box and they knew he was getting the ball the entire second half. He commenced to rush for over 200 yards in the third and fourth quarter and two scores. He doesnt play defense this year and Bellville didnt score on Columbia's offense the entire game. You are right, it is a team game and Jared Flannel is not cocky or concedid and has always showed good sportsmanship win or lose no matter what the sport is. You'll get to meet the rest of the team come friday!!! cant hardly wait !!!!!

g$$
11-22-2006, 03:25 PM
very scrappy team, they dont quit, they have a very good running back named pierce rhodes very special kid also, they dont have alot of size but they are pretty quick, and they have a very,very good quarterback very good passer!!!! they will NOT give up, we were blowing them out and ALMOST let them come back on us.

Thanks, should be fun.

nexfan
11-22-2006, 03:25 PM
That should probably read, " CAN hardly wait"!!!!

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
That should probably read, " CAN hardly wait"!!!! my bad CANT HARDLY WAIT !!!

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 03:30 PM
I will make the silsbee game but wish i could make them both, should be two real good games !!!!!

g$$
11-22-2006, 03:34 PM
my bad CANT HARDLY WAIT !!!

Huh? If you are eagerly anticipating something, the expression is "I CAN hardly wait".

Be safe.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
SOUTHEAST TEXAS SLANG IS I CANT HARDLY WAIT !!!

g$$
11-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Just messing with you, & no doubt slang in that part of the world takes on a life of its own. Sometimes I don't even understand what the heck they are saying. It's the Cajun influence spilling into Texas twang I guess.

Have a good one buddy.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just messing with you, & no doubt slang in that part of the world takes on a life of its own. Sometimes I don't even understand what the heck they are saying. It's the Cajun influence spilling into Texas twang I guess.

Have a good one buddy. LORD knows thats true !!!!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Columbia 42 34

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 04:22 PM
7-10 point ball game could go either way BUT you know who im pulling for !!!

carter08
11-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Go Roughnecks

scrub c
11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Why are we playing this game?
If what Tigerdad is saying is true, there is no point for Columbia to show up.

well carter, because on any given friday, any given team can rise up and beat and other given team. (you have witnesses a couple of those games this year - ones we were not supposed to lose, and ones we were not supposed to win...)

YES, Columbia is a medium to heavy underdog,
yes we will be outsized,
yes we will be out-speeded on the field,
but that is exactly why we play these games.

For the teams like us, the ones that dont really have a chance on paper, and believe we deserve a shot at greatness.

Silsbee is GOOD...

Good Luck Necks.

tigerdad
11-22-2006, 06:24 PM
VERY WELL SAID MY FRIEND !!!!! GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND I HOPE WE CAN BOTH COME OUT INJURY FREE !!!!

scrublydubly
11-22-2006, 08:36 PM
i think i'll say it again...GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

carter08
11-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by scrublydubly
i think i'll say it again...GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can never say that enough

Gobbla2001
11-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Go Roughnecks...

seriously, a program I like to support if they're not playing the Gobblers...

scrublydubly
11-22-2006, 08:43 PM
never too much eh....GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!!!!

mac77
11-22-2006, 10:50 PM
yes we will be out-speeded on the field,

"outspeeded" Is that a word, Scrub? I think those diesel fumes are leaking into the cab of your pickup again!

g$$
11-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Columbia and Silsbee ready to rumble

By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published November 23, 2006

WEST COLUMBIA — Various ailments limited Columbia’s output for the first five weeks of the football season.

At full strength, however, the Roughnecks are a force to be reckoned with. Bellville found out in the bi-district round last week, falling 26-12 to Columbia.

The Roughnecks now play in a Class 3A, Region III, Division I area round playoff with Silsbee (9-2) in the second half of a double-header at 7 p.m. Friday at Buddy Moorhead Stadium in Conroe.

In the first few weeks of their season, the ’Necks were missing several ingredients critical to their success. The Roughnecks’ running attack was limited early, but showed its full force last Friday against the Brahmas as Jared Flannel exploded for 275 yards.

“This is one of those weeks where we will have to run the football and play assignment football,” Columbia head coach Brian Lane said. “For us it was a huge boost, and we proved to ourselves that we are a good playoff team. We played well, but we must continue that this week.”

Flannel finished the regular season with 700 yards on 97 carries. A Division I prospect, Flannel seems to have finally recovered from a broken foot he suffered during the 2005 season.

Quarterback Jason Scott also has found his bearings under center in his first year at the position. The shifty senior threw for 727 yards on 46 completions and eight touchdowns during the season. Scott also missed a couple of games early in the year because of injuries.

Silsbee used some big plays to get by Splendora, 27-25, in its bi-district win. The Tigers had two long runs and two long passes in that game. Terrance McCarter ran the ball in from 27 yards out and teammate William Harper had a 33-yard score. Harper also threw for touchdowns of 67 and 56 yards to Donovan Harris and McCarter.

The Tigers averaged 296.7 total yards for the year, rushing the ball for 2,062 and passing for 608. Harper led the running attack with 849 yards on 163 carries. He scored 13 times. Rocky Calhoun also contributed to the running game with 583 yards and 11 touchdowns.

In the win over Splendora, Harper rushed for 149 yards on eight carries, scoring twice. His main receiving targets are Harris (194 yards receiving, three touchdowns) and B.K. Johnson (150 yards receiving).

“They are big and like to run the option, which is kind of scary because you don’t see it that often,” Lane said. “This is the first time we practiced for it and it is a whole new set of rules and reads. This is a different week for us. They have three great athletes and their quarterback is fast. They are huge up front, 310 pounds, 6-foot-6.”

One of the offensive lineman Lane refers to is Ahmad Jones (6-2, 305), who has verbally committed to Oklahoma State.

“This week we’ve been doing a lot of option drill assignments for the option,” Lane said. “We’ve always been a swarm-to-the-ball type of defense, but this week we have to go to where they have to be. Silsbee, with the option, will fake it or give it to someone else so we need to be in certain places to stop that.”

Columbia’s defensive success is a big reason why the Roughnecks are riding a five-game win streak. The defense limited District 24-3A opponents to 211.3 yards per game, and rose up in the last four weeks of the regular season when the Roughnecks were fighting for a playoff spot.

“Our defensive ends (Darren) Grice and (Jeremy) Staggers, along with our linebackers (John) Holmes and (Jerry) Woodard are going to have to play big,” Lane said. “If somebody misses a tackle, then our safeties are going to have to come up and make those plays.”

Silsbee is the second-seeded representative from District 21-3A. One of the Tigers losses during district play was to West Orange-Stark, 20-13, which was the fourth-ranked team in Class 3A in the final Associated Press poll.

The winner of Friday’s game moves on to the quarterfinal round to face the winner of the Robinson-Palestine contest. That game is at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Baylor University.

SHS-84
11-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Flannel had 275 yrds. on 40 carries. Lets face it guys, thats alot of times for one man to have his hands on the ball. Silsbee's offence had the ball last week a total of 30 plays period and managed to put up 27 points in one of it's sloppiest performances of the year. Silsbee has alot of talent at key positions all over the field and it sounds like WC has Flannel. It sounds easy enough to me. STOP FLANNEL WIN GAME!! This may be easier said than done, and I could very well be wrong, but unless the Tigers come out this week and shoot themselves in the foot, I don't think this one will even be close. :D
Silsbee- a lot
WC - a little

g$$
11-23-2006, 01:06 AM
SHS: Flannel is that good. If WC does not turn the ball over like they did early in the year, WC will win & Flannel will roll again.

Kid is special, period (& still hurt too). You'll see Friday night in Conroe. Good luck.

WC 35
Silsbee 24
Final

carter08
11-23-2006, 01:09 AM
we find out tomorrow night
still debating on wearing a school shirt or the Downlow shirt

Oh yea, party at tigerdads after the game

g$$
11-23-2006, 01:27 AM
SOUTHEAST TEXAS SLANG IS I CANT HARDLY WAIT !!!

Party in Silsbee win or lose!

I can hardly wait too.

SHS-84
11-23-2006, 01:40 AM
Here's a few names for ya, Harper, Johnson, Calhoun, McCarter, Elam, all of these guys are that good, they're big play makers and you will be hearing these names alot Friday night. Silsbee has a lot of talent in the key positions. I don't think they will get beat by a one man show, but hey you never know

You'll see Friday night!!!! I just had to say that!!

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by SHS-84
Here's a few names for ya, Harper, Johnson, Calhoun, McCarter, Elam, all of these guys are that good, they're big play makers and you will be hearing these names alot Friday night. Silsbee has a lot of talent in the key positions. I don't think they will get beat by a one man show, but hey you never know

Here's a few names for ya, West, Columbia, Roughnecks...

g$$
11-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by SHS-84

All good hs players I am sure.

But not big-time D1 talent like Flannel! Kid can change a game - I did not say win it by himself - CHANGE it yes.

Tank Carder from Sweeny is the same way. Come early & watch that D1 kid too. #14 you cannot miss him for the Dogs!

See ya Friday night.

necks_c/09
11-23-2006, 09:30 AM
sorry tigerdad i meant no disrespect towards u ....i was jus comparing this thread to the bellville one last week.

we all know that both of these teams are very good or else they wouldnt even be in the 2nd round. Having said that i still think WC keeps on movin.

necks_c/09
11-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$

g$$ i like sweeny and i hope they win i just go to WC and my brothers (2) go to b'wood.

I hope Sweeny wins and keeps reppin' d-24 in Div. 2

Go bulldogs!

WOS1
11-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm pulling for Silsbee all the way, and I agree that they should win this game. However, you've got to be careful with these "upstart" teams in the playoffs. Especially those like WC who always has talent. We've played them several times and they are always prepared and ready to play. Every year, there is a team that goes 6-4 on the season, barely gets into the playoffs, then gets on a roll. I hope Silsbee is careful that this is not that team and goes out there and takes care of business.

I think both these teams are going to match up well with one another. I also expect it to be a very physical game.

I'm picking Silsbee by a TD.

3ABirdMan
11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
My $.02 ........

Silsbee has played to their competition all year - UP against great teams (WO-S, Newton, PN-G), down against weak teams (OF, HF). WC sounds like they are UP and a strong competitor here at the end of the season - That will make Silsbee play UP also, and win 31-17.

pdeuce
11-23-2006, 01:10 PM
go roughnecks

awizzy
11-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by pdeuce
go roughnecks

i am sorry no1 from sfa is allowed on 3adownlow...jk i love pdeuce

oh an go roughnecks

neck_06
11-23-2006, 06:02 PM
ttt

20FAN07
11-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Silsbee is a scary team. They have the size, speed, and the talent. If they are clicking on all cylinders"like against wos" they will win by 2tds. When silsbee becomes consistent then they will be alot to handle.

scrublydubly
11-23-2006, 07:52 PM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!!

mac77
11-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I'm pulling for Silsbee all the way, and I agree that they should win this game. However, you've got to be careful with these "upstart" teams in the playoffs. Especially those like WC who always has talent. We've played them several times and they are always prepared and ready to play. Every year, there is a team that goes 6-4 on the season, barely gets into the playoffs, then gets on a roll. I hope Silsbee is careful that this is not that team and goes out there and takes care of business.

I think both these teams are going to match up well with one another. I also expect it to be a very physical game.

I'm picking Silsbee by a TD.

Upstart? If you'll check, this upstart Columbia is the same one that WOS defeated in 1987 on their way to a state title. Columbia has a rich history of playoff teams including a state finalist back in the 60's. I wouldn't call playoff teams 5 out of the last 7 years "upstarts."

Gobbla2001
11-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Upstart? If you'll check, this upstart Columbia is the same one that WOS defeated in 1987 on their way to a state title. Columbia has a rich history of playoff teams including a state finalist back in the 60's. I wouldn't call playoff teams 5 out of the last 7 years "upstarts."

I think he means upstart as "just now starting to play their best football"...

WOS1
11-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by mac77

Dang dude, knock the chip off. Are you that unfamiliar with how the term "upstart" is used? Hell, I gave WC their historical props. Since you are, apparently, so disturbed by this term, I will explain; it's used to define a team that starts slow then picks up speed toward the end of the season (when it counts).... jeez!!!

Bull19
11-24-2006, 12:57 AM
EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING HOW COLUMBIA'S D SHUT DOWN BELLVILLES OFFENSE AND CAUSED 6 TURNOVERS, BUT WHAT THEY FAIL TO REALIZE IS THAT BELLVILLE'S OFFENSE CAUSED THE TURNOVERS NOT COLUMBIA. SNOOP DOGS PEE WEE TEAM WOULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER THAN BELLVILLE'S OFFENSE. THE STARTING QB HAD A TENDER ANKLE THAT HAD 3 ROLLS OF TAPE ON IT ALONG WITH A BROKEN FINGER IN HIS THROWING HAND. ALL THE INTERCEPTIONS COLUMBIA HAD WHERE BALLS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE INTENDED FOR COLUMBIA. THEY WERE EITHER DUCKS, OR PASSES THAT WERE WAY WAY OF THE MARK. ONLY ABOUT 2 OF THE TURNOVERS CAN BE CREDITED TO COLUMBIAS D. THEIR D DID NOT SHUT DOWN BELLVILLE'S OFFENSE, BELLVILLE SHUT ITSELF DOWN.

tigerdad
11-24-2006, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHS-84

You'll see Friday night!!!! I just had to say that!! [/QUOTE will calhoun be playing this week or have you heard anything ?

mac77
11-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Dang dude, knock the chip off. Are you that unfamiliar with how the term "upstart" is used? Hell, I gave WC their historical props. Since you are, apparently, so disturbed by this term, I will explain; it's used to define a team that starts slow then picks up speed toward the end of the season (when it counts).... jeez!!!
Webster's defines upstart as follows:

one that has risen suddenly (as from a low position to wealth or power).

Columbia hasn't suddenly risen from nowhere, they are on a 5 game winning streak including last week's win over Bellville. They battled for a playoff spot all year in order to maintain a 3 year stint in the playoffs. Maybe I was too academic in my understanding of the word or maybe it wasn't the best way to describe them!

If you were describing Calhoun, now they are some upstarts!

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING HOW COLUMBIA'S D SHUT DOWN BELLVILLES OFFENSE AND CAUSED 6 TURNOVERS, BUT WHAT THEY FAIL TO REALIZE IS THAT BELLVILLE'S OFFENSE CAUSED THE TURNOVERS NOT COLUMBIA. SNOOP DOGS PEE WEE TEAM WOULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER THAN BELLVILLE'S OFFENSE. THE STARTING QB HAD A TENDER ANKLE THAT HAD 3 ROLLS OF TAPE ON IT ALONG WITH A BROKEN FINGER IN HIS THROWING HAND. ALL THE INTERCEPTIONS COLUMBIA HAD WHERE BALLS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE INTENDED FOR COLUMBIA. THEY WERE EITHER DUCKS, OR PASSES THAT WERE WAY WAY OF THE MARK. ONLY ABOUT 2 OF THE TURNOVERS CAN BE CREDITED TO COLUMBIAS D. THEIR D DID NOT SHUT DOWN BELLVILLE'S OFFENSE, BELLVILLE SHUT ITSELF DOWN.
Do you EVER give the other team credit??????? :confused: :thinking:

necks_c/09
11-24-2006, 09:09 AM
ne body know exactly how to get to the stadium from 45?

(Mapquest wont bring up any exact results for moorehead stadium).

Also if u knew the exact address of the stadium that would be much appreciated too.

tigerdad
11-24-2006, 09:29 AM
coming from cleavland up 105, go past 45 to the redlight and you will several restraunts look for outback take that right and ride that feeder all the way to the end and take a left at that light it will take you straight behind the home side of the stadium !!!!!

scrublydubly
11-24-2006, 09:47 AM
GO ROUGHNECKS!!!!!!

HPLJ6L
11-24-2006, 10:09 AM
This one will go to the team with the most balls.

Can "Juggernaut" Jared be stopped? Can Silsbee figure out the WCD? If they get fewer than 30 plays in this one it won't be because of TDs. it will be oskies and fumballls. I think the Basketball coach at Silsbee will be quite happy come Monday. Cause hoop season will officially begin on the 27th.

Juggy Flannel has big game. Silsbee coach can't figure out why the ball keeps finding its way to the WCDefender's hands.

WC 24
Silsbee 10

SHS-84
11-24-2006, 10:12 AM
If your coming in on I-45, Take the Hwy 105 west exit. As soon as you get on Hwy 105 W, at the first red light turn right. The stadium is about a block down on the left. You can't miss it. See ya at the game and good luck!!

tigerdad,
we don't know about Calhoun yet. Just have to wait and see!! The ankle is feeling better, but not 100%.

http://www.sportsfun1.zoomshare.com/files/web_logo_1.png

neck_06
11-24-2006, 11:59 AM
ttt

necks_c/09
11-24-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks alot SHS-84....ill see yall at the game tonight.

necks_c/09
11-24-2006, 03:56 PM
sweeny game stared early so will our game start early too???

please respond if u know.
The last thing i want to do is be late.

Bull19
11-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you EVER give the other team credit??????? :confused: :thinking:

IF THEY DESERVE IT