PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Eylau Leopards

Buckeye80
11-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Such a fantastic game of high school football was played by the Liberty Eylau Leopards tonight, that it defies explanation. They executed flawlessly and trusted in their coaches and gameplan to perfection.
I have maintained all season long that only a perfect game of football could beat the Buckeyes this season. Well folks, I saw as close to a perfect game of football as I've seen in a very long while.
As a lifelong, diehard Buckeye fan, this one is very hard to swallow. In my opinion, 10-1 is really one of the most disappointing records to end a season with, but I tip my hat to the Leopards and the Leopard fans. You knew that you had what it would take to win this game, and you threw it all out there when it mattered the most.
Gilmer did not play a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. The Buckeyes have nothing to be ashamed of by their performance. On this night, they simply lost to the better team.
Congratulations Leopards! You impressed the hell out of this Buckeye fan!
And Buckeyes! Y'all just continue to do what Buckeyes do. This one will hurt for a little while. But you're Buckeyes! We're Buckeyes! And Buckeyes always come back strong!

Congratulations 2006 Buckeyes!! (10-1) is a hell of a record!!:clap:

tigerbyheart
11-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Such a fantastic game of high school football was played by the Liberty Eylau Leopards tonight, that it defies explanation. They executed flawlessly and trusted in their coaches and gameplan to perfection.
I have maintained all season long that only a perfect game of football could beat the Buckeyes this season. Well folks, I saw as close to a perfect game of football as I've seen in a very long while.
As a lifelong, diehard Buckeye fan, this one is very hard to swallow. In my opinion, 10-1 is really one of the most disappointing records to end a season with, but I tip my hat to the Leopards and the Leopard fans. You knew that you had what it would take to win this game, and you threw it all out there when it mattered the most.
Gilmer did not play a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. The Buckeyes have nothing to be ashamed of by their performance. On this night, they simply lost to the better team.
And Buckeyes! Y'all just continue to do what Buckeyes do. This one will hurt for a little while. But you're Buckeyes! We're Buckeyes! And Buckeyes always come back strong!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations Leopards, that was one of the best ball games.. I kept switching between this one and the Wylie/Decatur game... Man I'm on such a football high!!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-18-2006, 01:38 AM
I feel for you Buckeye80, sometimes you learn more about a person on how they handle a defeat. I know you have plenty of class by your post, I just hope some of these winners will show a little in the celebration of their wins.

Pudlugger
11-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Congratulation LE! What a performance. And hats of to a class act in Gilmer. I can only imagine how disappointed they must be but to lose so graciously shows what a really great crew they are.:)

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I just hope some of these winners will show a little in the celebration of their wins.
Sometimes when a lot of "talk" goes down on the boards about how "great" a team is, tend to have some servings of crow to go with it. ;)

Congrats to the Leopards on a great win! :clap: :clap: And to the Buckeyes for a great season. :)

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sometimes when a lot of "talk" goes down on the boards about how "great" a team is, tend to have some servings of crow to go with it. ;)

Congrats to the Leopards on a great win! :clap: :clap: And to the Buckeyes for a great season. :)

I think the strangest thing about the all time greatest talk was 90% was from folks OUTSIDE of Gilmer, yet the crow is being served to the Gilmer fans

I still say LE was forgotten about early, but they were a top 3 team that had a rash of injuries, but when healthy they are a team to watch out for

Ranger Mom
11-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the strangest thing about the all time greatest talk was 90% was from folks OUTSIDE of Gilmer, yet the crow is being served to the Gilmer fans

I dunno...Dirty Dan was pretty adamant in his talk...he's one I would like to see step up to the plate and have his crow served to him!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I dunno...Dirty Dan was pretty adamant in his talk...he's one I would like to see step up to the plate and have his crow served to him!!!
Might be another one or two as well. ;)

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 02:11 AM
Might be another one or two as well. ;) *raises hand* I know, I know! :D ;)

Ranger Mom
11-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Might be another one or two as well. ;)

Oh most definately.....I just couldn't remember their names!! :p

Dirtydan just sticks in my mind for some reason!

I just went back and read a few of his latest posts...funny stuff now!!

Then on the other hand, I feel for the posters on here like lostaussie and buckeye80, who have never should anything BUT class!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 02:14 AM
congrats LE ... great season Gilmer

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Then on the other hand, I feel for the posters on here like lostaussie and buckeye80, who have never should anything BUT class!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

txkmom
11-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Well, guys, I'm home now, and still saying, "wow...wow...wow."
Gilmer has an amazing team and some amazing players, but when I looked up and saw we had scored 26 unanswered points to make it 39-22, I felt like the boys had it. I knew Gilmer would come back - no doubt in my mind - but the time was literally on our side because LE stuck to their scheme. In the 20 years Tom and I have been together as a coaching family, this is the BEST game I have ever been to. Amazing.
On another note, please let us know how the injured Gilmer player is.
Go Leopards!

Ranger Mom
11-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
Gilmer has an amazing team and some amazing players, but when I looked up and saw we had scored 26 unanswered points to make it 39-22, I felt like the boys had it. I knew Gilmer would come back - no doubt in my mind - but the time was literally on our side because LE stuck to their scheme. In the 20 years Tom and I have been together as a coaching family, this is the BEST game I have ever been to. Amazing.
Go Leopards!

Major congrats to yall (I bet you are EXHAUSTED!!!)

Between the texts about Sinton, Liberty Hill, Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater and the Gilmer game....my phone lasted til about 5 minutes after our game was over...and then died!!

I wasn't able to talk to anyone to see what the finals were...that was the longest 45 minute drive EVER!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2006, 02:22 AM

Go Leopards!
Congrats! And tell Will congrats from me. :)

Fish's mom
11-18-2006, 02:24 AM
Congrats to both team. Bet it was great game........Great season to all. Good Luck to ya'll in future games and to the Gilmer seniors. You had a wonderful season and may you remember that you were a part of an excellent TEAM, cherish those memories.

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Congrats! And tell Will congrats from me. :) Even though I already told you this....I'll say it again!! Congrats to you & your family and the Leopard team!! :clap:

Buckeye80
11-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Go Leopards!

#72, Cody Lee, has a broken ankle and three torn ligaments.

Hopefully, he'll make a full recovery and be ready to go for next season. He's just a junior and already getting D-1 attention. Thanks for showing concern for a fallen player from an opposing team.

Again, nice game Leopards. Good luck in the future rounds. We'll be rooting for y'all.

DU_stud04
11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
wheres my plate of crow? ive been one of the bigger gilmer homers this year.(even though im merley just a fan)

DU_stud04
11-18-2006, 02:37 AM
oh yea, i want it fried with mashed potatoes and some corrn.....sweet tea please:D

Ranger Mom
11-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
wheres my plate of crow? ive been one of the bigger gilmer homers this year.(even though im merley just a fan)

You don't have to eat crow...you were simply a big fan, nothing wrong with that!

It's the ones who said they would be undefeated this season...would take it all....everyone might as well not even show up, etc. THEY are the ones who need to eat their crow!!!

Even my week when I jokingly talked trash to the Snyder fans....I got right back on here after our loss and got my just reward!!

Stownhorse
11-18-2006, 02:43 AM
#72, Cody Lee, has a broken ankle and three torn ligaments.

Hopefully, he'll make a full recovery and be ready to go for next season. He's just a junior and already getting D-1 attention. Thanks for showing concern for a fallen player from an opposing team.

Again, nice game Leopards. Good luck in the future rounds. We'll be rooting for y'all.

Torn ligament are punks but he will be back.....Congrats LE and work hard in the off season gilmer! Yall will be back!

DU_stud04
11-18-2006, 02:45 AM

It's the ones who said they would be undefeated this season...would take it all....everyone might as well not even show up, etc. THEY are the ones who need to eat their crow!!!

and im guilty of all of those, you heard my talk of it on the hoover trip:)

Ranger Mom
11-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
and im guilty of all of those, you heard my talk of it on the hoover trip:)

I don't see it that way. You gave your opinion of what you thought and I respect that. You weren't rude, condescending and constantly ramming it down our throats!

BIG DIFFERENCE, IMO!!

But hey...if you just WANNA eat crow...have at it!!;)

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 02:50 AM
I don't see it that way. You gave your opinion of what you thought and I respect that. You weren't rude, condescending and constantly ramming it down our throats!

BIG DIFFERENCE, IMO!!

Who was? Tell me. :D

DU_stud04
11-18-2006, 02:58 AM

BIG DIFFERENCE, IMO!!

But hey...if you just WANNA eat crow...have at it!!;)

does it taste like chicken??? if not then ill pass this time.....:D

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm going to go ahead and nominate this as upset of the year

JR2004
11-18-2006, 03:42 AM
Well you've got to hand it to Eylau on this one. I was getting updates on the game from one of the Gilmer fans at the game. I feel for the Buckeyes and their fans, but from the sound of it, it seems to me that Eylau just played a great game and pulled off a huge win.

That's the great thing about sports. It's fun to talk about how great a team is (And I think Gilmer had a great team this season) but sometimes another team will have that one night where everything goes right and something like this happens. Great job Eylau and I hope y'all have a good playoff run. I'm sure we'll be hearing from Gilmer again soon. This just wasn't their year.

gold_33
11-18-2006, 04:21 AM
This game outta open some eyes in DII cause Wimberley spanked Liberty-Euylau and they just beat all-world Gilmer. Good job Leps im glad we dont have to hear about how great Gilmer is anymore and good luck in DI, yall have a great shot to be the champs.

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
This game outta open some eyes in DII cause Wimberley spanked Liberty-Euylau and they just beat all-world Gilmer. Good job Leps im glad we dont have to hear about how great Gilmer is anymore and good luck in DI, yall have a great shot to be the champs.

Wimberley beat up on LE after the Leps lost Middlebrook early in the game. I think that game was on the way to be a great game but LE could not regroup. This LE team that beat Gilmer is playing at a different level and the bigger thing they are healthier now then earlier in the season

44INAROW
11-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
*raises hand* I know, I know! :D ;)

Me too, Me too -

which is the reason I haven't said anymore than I have........

lostaussie
11-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I just threw up again!!!!!!!!!!

KingRob
11-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I just threw up again!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard, but time heals all wounds. After Cuero lost last year, I thought I needed therapy!!:p :rolleyes:

Strange how Gilmer lost after their first week being the AP number 1.

Sounds like it was a great game. These playoffs are going to get my ulcers going!!

Hupernikomen
11-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I still say LE was forgotten about early, but they were a top 3 team that had a rash of injuries, but when healthy they are a team to watch out for

How could people not think Gilmer was the hands down favorite with half their starters being Div. I talent. That is unheard of since the days of Dallas Carter. Hard to lose when you know you have the talent to win, but Gilmer will bounce back next year and be more focused than before. They won't have to worry about all the hype and ogling like this year. I can't help but think having Kinne gone will help the town refocus as well. He was a great QB but distractions aren't benefital.

GreenMachine
11-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
How could people not think Gilmer was the hands down favorite with half their starters being Div. I talent. That is unheard of since the days of Dallas Carter. Hard to lose when you know you have the talent to win, but Gilmer will bounce back next year and be more focused than before. They won't have to worry about all the hype and ogling like this year. I can't help but think having Kinne gone will help the town refocus as well. He was a great QB but distractions aren't benefital. Five D1 players do not make a TEAM. Gilmer was being compared to some of the greatest teams to ever play 3a football. Just because you put up 50 pts. against teams does not mean you are that good if the competition is not good. I haven't really looked at who ya'll played, but I predicted in an earlier thread that ya'll would get beat. I really don't consider this that big of an upset. LE put together a good game plan and it worked. This could happen to ANY team on any given week. It is still high school boys playing football and anything can happen. Congrats Gilmer on a good season and good luck LE.

Aesculus gilmus
11-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Liberty-Eylau is now 11-2 against Gilmer.

The Leopards are the better team. Gilmer didn't beat themselves. I am tired of hearing that latter phrase.

L-E just needs to put together four more games like that one and they'll bring home another championship to Texarkana.

Chris Hart
11-18-2006, 08:43 PM
This was somewhat of a surprise to many, but most knowlegeable football fans know that LE was a very capable opponent. This matchup was talked about before the season started. Gilmer and LE are both good teams, but everyone acts like this is the biggest upset of the year, but it's not. Maybe just maybe neither of these teams are as good as most had them cracked out to be. IMPO, there are at least 5 other 3A teams that can beat either Gilmer or LE convincingly. Gilmer was just the recipient of a year long worth of hype and now they lost and people are all over it. The truth of the matter is, the best teams in the state are still playing and the best ones will eventually rise to the top. Congrats to LE on the win and congrats to Gilmer on a good year!

necks
11-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Go watch LE play if for no other reason to watch Middlebrooks punt . I swear he is the second coming of Ray Guy. What a future this kid has. Signed a baseball scholarship to play shortstop and pitch for the Aggies and he will be on the football team his sophomore yr to punt. If he doesnt make the show in baseball he will be punting in the NFL.....I believe his punting avg for the yr is 49.7. He had a 66 yrd punt last night and in the last district game against Atlanta he boomed a 78 and 73 yrd bomb. If the rules in the NFL were like some other pro sports he could go straight out of high school and kick on Sundays right now..He is that good! Oh and dont forget he did pitch and hit LE to the 3A state baseball championship last yr and prob will do it again this yr....Seems like a great kid too.

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
. IMPO, there are at least 5 other 3A teams that can beat either Gilmer or LE convincingly. Gilmer was just the recipient of a year long worth of hype and now they lost and people are all over it. The truth of the matter is, the best teams in the state are still playing and the best ones will eventually rise to the top. Congrats to LE on the win and congrats to Gilmer on a good year!

I am going to disagree on the convincingly part. Yes there are 5 or 6 teams that could beat them both, but not by a big margin

westtexasfbfan
11-19-2006, 12:55 AM

This isn't that sad. Sad is when you are 15-0 going into the State Championship, and lost it, in double overtime 27-24, making your record 15-1. There area a lot of teams in teams that have gone 10--1. That is impressive, but not great.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
This isn't that sad. Sad is when you are 15-0 going into the State Championship, and lost it, in double overtime 27-24, making your record 15-1. There area a lot of teams in teams that have gone 10--1. That is impressive, but not great.

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

That still hurts to this day!!!!

(Luckily, I was on this board back then too, so I had all my buddies on here rallying around me!!):)