PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee 27, Splendora 25 F

big daddy russ
11-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Silsbee went up 27-12 in the third and looked like they had the game in hand. Then Splendora answered right back with a clock-consuming drive to pull within nine with about seven or eight to play, but the two-point conversion failed. (Splendora's XP attempt after their first TD was blocked, then their next two two-point attempts were stuffed).

On Silbee's next drive, they fumbled the ball at their own 30. Splendora had the momentum and drove to the two yard line, then fumbled the ball with about four minutes left.

Silsbee ran the clock down to one minute, but botched the punt and Splendora got another short field.

With five seconds to play, Splendora set up for a 30-someodd-yard FG, but it was blocked.

Silsbee did everything they could to lose this game. Special teams miscues, tons of false starts, not wrapping up. They played sloppy, but they're a hell of a team.

j_dog
11-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Good report! Couldn't have said it better myself! :)

big daddy russ
11-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Oh, and nice hanging out with you j dog. Let's do it again.

NHSBulldog75
11-18-2006, 12:42 AM
The Columbia Roughnecks Friday night at Moorhead Stadium in Conroe!

Columbia knocks out #12 Bellville with a punishing, opportunistic defense and a monster night from Jared Flannel. The senior D1 prospect had 40 carries for 268 yards and 2 TD's.

Bellville gave up five interceptions and two fumbles and their offense never scored.

Should be a great game!

C Ya in Conroe!

tigerdad
11-18-2006, 08:44 PM
who takes it ? silsbee or colombia ?

tigerdad
11-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
who takes it ? silsbee or colombia ? ???????

big daddy russ
11-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by tigerdad
who takes it ? silsbee or colombia ?
That's a tough call. Silsbee's definitely going to have to play a better game than they did against Splendora. Too many mistakes. But if they can clean it up, they have a good shot.

tigerdad
11-19-2006, 08:02 PM
thanks, if we play like we did friday we deserve to lose, i hope we have or hoss running back in action, we got past our first game gitters so i hope we are good to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!