PDA

View Full Version : REGION III Game of the YEAR

chaingang
11-17-2006, 11:16 PM
WOS vs. Giddings

Friday night 7:30 Humble

IHStangFan
11-17-2006, 11:18 PM
WOW! This will be one for the books! I'm taking WOS.

texasjeremy
11-17-2006, 11:20 PM
I will go with Giddings, they should be the favorite.

chaingang
11-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
I will go with Giddings, they should be the favorite.

I dont think there could be a favorite in this game. This is one of the most even matched games period.

Nod to WOS due to us stomping them last year.

IHStangFan
11-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I will go with Giddings, they should be the favorite. you are seeing tonight what has happened to alot of the "favorites"

WOS87
11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Should be interesting to see....

WOS 42
Giddings 21

WO-S after 11 games in 2005
pts scored - 420
pts allowed - 180

WO-S after 11 games in 2006
pts scored - 445
pts allowed - 83

IHStangFan
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

WOS 42
Giddings 21

pts scored - 420
pts allowed - 180

pts scored - 425
pts allowed - 83 I have a wedding to go to, but I'll be trying to sneak off and listen via the web hopefully if its webcast.

buff4life
11-18-2006, 02:19 AM

WOS 42
Giddings 21

pts scored - 420
pts allowed - 180

pts scored - 445
pts allowed - 83

and that matters why....different teams different strength of schedule...for my own information and i know that you have it all WOS87, has WOS played any ranked teams this year?

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 02:21 AM
should be a good one

WOS87
11-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
and that matters why....different teams different strength of schedule...for my own information and i know that you have it all WOS87, has WOS played any ranked teams this year?

Per Massey:
#11 in 4A - 22-4A Champ Dayton
#20 in 3A - Regional Semifinalist Silsbee
#38 in 3A - Bi-district winner Kirbyville

buff4life
11-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Per Massey:
#11 in 4A - Dayton
#20 in 3A - Regional Semifinaist Silsbee
#38 in 3A - Bi-district winner Kirbyville

ok thanks for the info

WOS1
11-18-2006, 02:35 AM

Strength of schedule?? Funny that this is brought up after 3 of the Buffs opponents, many of which they had close games with, went "poof" in the first round. I'm not so sure I would be touting strength of schedule.

I guess the real test of strength of schedule is how many teams that you beat are still playing. From what I see, the Buffs have one and WO-S has 3, one of which is in 4A and was the undefeated district champion.

setxsports
11-18-2006, 02:35 AM
I will go with Giddings, they should be the favorite. Why should they be the favorate??? WOS is much better on both sides of the ball than last year!!!!

WOS1
11-18-2006, 02:38 AM
We are the underdog, all the "experts" have been picking Giddings all year to win this region. It's ok, we accept the role....;)

Stownhorse
11-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by **********
Why should they be the favorate??? WOS is much better on both sides of the ball than last year!!!!

And you you cant tell me Giddings isnt!?

WOS87
11-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Good luck to the Buffalos! I have never been one to talk smack (unless majorly provoked) and the Giddings fans and team were a class-act last year so I have nothing but respect. It will be an exciting game. Both teams have made major improvements since last year so it should be quite a matchup... It's just a shame it's happening so early in the playoffs. Whoever comes out on top will still have to win 4 more games so here's to both teams staying focussed, to playing their absolute best, and staying injury free.

:crazy:

setxsports
11-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
And you you cant tell me Giddings isnt!? It will be hard for a one Demensional team (spelling) to beat WOS.

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Nah WO-S will beat them by 14 :)

WOS1
11-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by **********
It will be hard for a one Demensional team (spelling) to beat WOS.

I'm sure many teams have said the same thing this year and still haven't been able to stop them. Giddings is good, they will be a tough team to beat whether they are one dimensional or not.

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 03:06 AM
Many of those teams do not have the athleticism and speed of WO-S. WO-S is well coached too.

WOS87
11-18-2006, 03:58 AM
Wow, looking at all the other classifications, there are huge matchups between undefeated Top 5 teams in 5A, 4A, and 3A next week:
Southlake Carroll (11-0) vs. Euless Trinity (11-0)
Highland Park (11-0) vs. Texarkana (11-0)
Giddings (11-0) vs. West Orange-Stark (11-0)

WOS1
11-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Many of those teams do not have the athleticism and speed of WO-S. WO-S is well coached too.

shhhhhhhh.....;)

Thanks for the confidence, I hope you are correct.

wedo
11-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
And you you cant tell me Giddings isnt!?

Giddings does not have the athletes that WOS has! WOS is Bigger up Front than Wharton is, Ive seen both teams play so im going with WOS. Giddings has good size and speed but WOS has more! But it will still be closer than last year b/c Giddings plays with a lot of emotion and is well coached, so i expect them to play it close! WOS by two scores 42-28

necks_c/09
11-18-2006, 10:51 AM
i dont know much about either team seeing as how i have not seen either one of them but im pullin for WO-S jus b/c the smack d-23 was talking before WC and Sweeny put it on em.....
Go get em WO-S!!!

tigerpride_08
11-18-2006, 11:44 AM
i think in a very close game Giddings...

tam
11-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I think because Wo-s can pass just as well as they run, I think they will keep the Giddings defense off balanced. One dementional teams don't often do well against Wo-s. They are much better against the run and the pass than they were last year. I think Wo-s will win by two touchdowns.

WOS1
11-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i dont know much about either team seeing as how i have not seen either one of them but im pullin for WO-S jus b/c the smack d-23 was talking before WC and Sweeny put it on em.....
Go get em WO-S!!!

I saw all that last week and was thinking to myself that they may have developed a little "false sense of security". I don't blame them since they were tabbed early on as the toughest district in the state by the "experts". Good job on holding up your end of the bargain taking 2 of them down. We'll do our best trying to take down the last. Good luck the rest of the way...:)

buff4life
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by tam
I think because Wo-s can pass just as well as they run, I think they will keep the Giddings defense off balanced. One dementional teams don't often do well against Wo-s. They are much better against the run and the pass than they were last year. I think Wo-s will win by two touchdowns.

You haven't seen a one-dimensional team like the Giddings Buffaloes....BUT you keep thinking we're one dimensional and we'll hit you with a bomb

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 04:59 PM
You haven't seen a one-dimensional team like the Giddings Buffaloes....BUT you keep thinking we're one dimensional and we'll hit you with a bomb You can't say bomb on the internet! haha

Crimestick
11-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I could be wrong, but the season stats I saw showed more than 4,000 yards rushing and fewer than 300 passing for the year. Saying that is "one-dimensional" is not an insult. If those stats are correct, their attack has been incredibly one-dimensional. That's the definition of one-dimensional - good or bad. Period.

tam
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I saw all that last week and was thinking to myself that they may have developed a little "false sense of security". I don't blame them since they were tabbed early on as the toughest district in the state by the "experts". Good job on holding up your end of the bargain taking 2 of them down. We'll do our best trying to take down the last. Good luck the rest of the way...:)

Okay, try and hit us with a bomb. We have two very good fast corners that would just love that so they can take the ball the other direction.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I could be wrong, but the season stats I saw showed more than 4,000 yards rushing and fewer than 300 passing for the year. Saying that is "one-dimensional" is not an insult. If those stats are correct, their attack has been incredibly one-dimensional. That's the definition of one-dimensional - good or bad. Period.
EXACTLY!!! There is no better definition of a one-dimensional team. Now, am I saying Giddings CANT pass? No, of course not. But if anyone thinks they can suddenly have an outstanding passing game when not even ATTEMPTING anything close to a passing attack for TWO YEARS, you are fooling yourself.

Any other opponent, I would say Giddings MIGHT pull off a passing game when they really need it...but not against WO-S. Not THIS year, I predict. And if they do....I will bow in awe to Giddings.

JakefootballGOD
11-18-2006, 07:14 PM
both of these teams are GREAT teams, i sure do hate when they meet in the second round, when there are some teams that have 8 wins are still around...dont agree with it...but i'm a giddings homer..i think that the giddings offense is darn near unstoppable, just ask all 11 teams so far..way better than they were last on both sides of the ball including d....there d is head and shoulders better this year...i got giddings winning by 4

giddings...35
WOS.........31

JakefootballGOD
11-18-2006, 07:15 PM
is the game on turf or grass...that will make a big diffrence for giddings

tigerpride_08
11-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
is the game on turf or grass...that will make a big diffrence for giddings

i don't think it would make much difference...however i did notice last night while i was in that the players did have trouble cutting...

Mustang Fan
11-18-2006, 09:52 PM
The Game is on TURF. Who gets the advantage on that?

Darren
11-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Good luck to the Buffalos! I have never been one to talk smack (unless majorly provoked) and the Giddings fans and team were a class-act last year so I have nothing but respect. It will be an exciting game. Both teams have made major improvements since last year so it should be quite a matchup... It's just a shame it's happening so early in the playoffs. Whoever comes out on top will still have to win 4 more games so here's to both teams staying focussed, to playing their absolute best, and staying injury free.

:crazy:

Good luck to you as well WOS. Hopefully the winner of this game can take the state title.

WOS is going to be as tough as last year and this game has been hyped up for quite some time (rightfully so). I hope Giddings can give you guys a better game than we did last year.

Good luck again.

Crimestick
11-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Speaking of improved defenses, the WO-S defense has allowed defenses, Giddings has allowed almost 100 fewer points as compared to this time last year (180 last year, 83 this year). Giddings has allowed 137, as compared to 151 last year. If there's a greatly improved defense, it's the Mustang D. I'm not denying that Giddings has improved. I'm just saying.