11-17-2006, 11:01 PM
WOW!!!! I'm shocked!

Brahma73
11-17-2006, 11:04 PM
I think the final was 26-6.

Congratulations, Roughnecks.

Necked
11-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Bellville picked up a loose ball on the last play and scored....

Bellville didn't get to meet Flannel the 1st time around.
He introduced himself: 40 carries 268 yrds 2 TDs....

nexfan
11-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Everyone knew Flannel was getting the ball pretty much every play in the second half and he still wasnt stopped.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Congratulations Columbia!

Flannel did make a difference and Bellville's inability to take care of the ball was also a huge factor in the game. Bellville had 4 INT's and lost 2 fumbles. Trailing 12-6 in the 4th QTR, Bellville was driving for the go ahead TD. The Bellville receiver came down with the ball around the 20 yd line, but the defender wrestled the ball away to stop that drive. All night long, Bellville kept shooting themselves in the foot. The QB had previously huirt his hand and it really showed tonight. Several drives were stopped by bad passes that were easily intercepted. There was also a sure TD on a half back pass that was dropped and another one where the receiver did catch it for a big gain, but fumbled as he was tackled.

Good luck to Columbia in the playoffs.

Bull19
11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
CONGRATS TO COLUMBIA ON THE WIN. FLANNEL SUPRISED ME. I DIDNT THINK HE WAS GOING TO BE THE DOMINANT IN THE GAME. I EAT MY WORDS ON HIM. HE'S GOOD. HOWEVER I ALMOST FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. I BET HE PROLY WONT BE ABLE TO WALK TOMMOROW. YOU HAVE TO TAKE IN ACOUNT BELLVILLE'S TURNOVERS THOUGH. GOING INTO THE FOURTH QUARTER WITH 4 OR 5 TURNOVER'S CREDITED TO THEM ALREADY AND ONLY BEING DOWN BY 6 SAYS ALOT. HAD THEIR CHANCES TO WIN THE GAME . THE BETTER TEAM MOST DEFINENTLY WON TONIGHT. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Bull19
11-18-2006, 12:17 AM
GOOD LUCK TO COLUMBIA THE REST OF THE WAY.

carter08
11-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Great Defensive effort by Columbia. Can't even remember the total number of picks. Everytime Bellville go good field position, one of the Twins would pick it off

HPLJ6L
11-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Never being the one to say "I told you so." so I will let the Houston Chronicle speak for me.

"Roughnecks running back Jared Flannel carried the ball for 229 yards in the second half and scored two touchdowns to lead the Roughnecks into the next round against Silsbee."

44INAROW
11-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Nice win for the Roughnecks :clap: :clap:

Specklebelly
11-18-2006, 12:43 AM
I called it a trap game for Bellville and I guess I was correct. Judging from all of the turnovers, it looks like they left their A game in Austin County tonight. Congrats to West Columbia on a well earned victory.

BrahmaMom
11-18-2006, 12:45 AM
Congrats to Columbia. They certainly played a better game tonight. The Bulls needed to play flawless ball, and that didn't happen. No excuses, just good luck wishes to the Necks. To the Brahmas, Bellville is proud of what you've done on the football field this year. Maybe some of the behavior between practices and games hindered the effort and attitude. When you put on the Brahma/Brahmanette uniform, you represent our school, our town, your families all the time. Just something to think about as we watch other teams advance throught the playoffs. Again, congratulations and best wishes to Columbia--tremendous effort and a job well done. Brahmas, lick your wounds, get healthy, take a hard look in the mirror and get ready for next year. Graduating seniors, thanks for giving it your all.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Great Defensive effort by Columbia. Can't even remember the total number of picks. Everytime Bellville got good field position, one of the Twins would pick it off

I'll agree with you, but there was some horrible throws by the QB. He also made some bad decisions, especially throwing into coverage over the middle. Columbia had some great "centerfielders" out on the field.

mac77
11-18-2006, 01:40 AM
That "overrated" kid Flannel? He just smoked a very, very good defense for over 200 yds with 92 of them coming in the 4th Qtr. My script had him 42 for 245 and 2 TD's. Not too shabby for an "overrated" runner!

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Great job, Necks! Sometimes belief in yourself as a team is all it takes! :clap: :clap:

gobbler grad
11-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW!!!! I'm shocked!

same here...never thought this would happen...Bellville has had a good year and I thought they would be playing in December...:(

Dogs_21
11-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Flannel is very good...I knew they were going to pull this one off..

Good Job Necks....

Pudlugger
11-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Congrats to Columbia. The Roughnecks are for real and just beat a very determined and talented team. Good luck the rest of the way.:)

Necked
11-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by mac77
That "overrated" kid Flannel? He just smoked a very, very good defense for over 200 yds with 92 of them coming in the 4th Qtr. My script had him 42 for 245 and 2 TD's. Not too shabby for an "overrated" runner!

What amazes me the most is he's doing this with a partialy healed stress fracture in his foot. You just know its got to hurt like heck, but he just keeps on going. He just an amazing kid & its been fun watching him develope over these last 4 years....

pancho villa
11-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'll agree with you, but there was some horrible throws by the QB. He also made some bad decisions, especially throwing into coverage over the middle. Columbia had some great "centerfielders" out on the field.

Once again don't talk bad about a high school kid on here.

pancho villa
11-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Bull19 I'm glad you could admit you are wrong. Keep that pie hole closed!

awizzy
11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
good job necks...coaches had these guys ready to play...d line was awesome tonite i give tonites preformance :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wayyyy up :clap:
flannel is a beast

scrub c
11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
weak district remarks...

seems like somebody said no team in 24 would have made the playoffs on 23.... maybe not...

g$$
11-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Good job Necks! We had updates at the Sweeny game & lots of cheers for the Dub. Keep it up.

Like Jimmy Johnson said (kinda), how 'bout that District 24-3A?

Where's BULL19 when you need him? Overrated?
Sometimes when you ask for the BULL, you get the horns too.

EDIT: You manned up Bull, that shows a lot. It's over with me.

Uncle Buck
11-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Way to go "Roustanecks", Not bad considering you come from a "weak" district.

Congrats Guys. Looks like we will be filling the same house next week. Look forward to it.

Peace love and Pancho!!!!!

scrub c
11-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Flannel rips Bellville defense
Running back piles up 277 yards to lead Columbia

By DANA ROARK
For The Chronicle

KATY - When Columbia lost to Bellville in the second week of the season 42-13, tailback Jared Flannel didn't play and the Roughnecks wound up with their worst defeat of the season.

In losing, they rushed for only 78 yards as a team.

On Friday, Flannel more than made up for his absence in that contest as he pounded the Brahmas time after time in the second half on his way to 277 yards rushing.

His running helped Columbia to a 26-12 win over Bellville in a Class 3A bi-district playoff at Katy ISD's Rhodes Stadium.

With his team clinging to a 10-6 lead at the half, coach Brian Lane turned virtually the whole offense over to Flannel, as the senior handled the ball on 30 of the Roughnecks' 41 snaps.

Flannel picked up 229 of his 277 yards in the second half and scored a pair of late touchdowns to send Columbia (7-4) to a second-round contest next week against Silsbee.

Old Tiger
11-18-2006, 03:19 AM
What happened Bellville?:eek:

cropduster
11-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Bellville got thumped.

Bull is passing the traditional turkey dinner for thanksgiving and instead will be eating CROW with a side of Flannel.

OVERATED...You must have been out of your mind.

Do you understand that the kid ran for 250 on a broken foot?

FLANNEL = MAN!

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 01:25 PM
:clap: :clap: Nice job WC!! :thumbsup:

SilsbeeD
11-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by cropduster
Bellville got thumped.

Bull is passing the traditional turkey dinner for thanksgiving and instead will be eating CROW with a side of Flannel.

OVERATED...You must have been out of your mind.

Do you understand that the kid ran for 250 on a broken foot?

FLANNEL = MAN!

broken foot...plz :hand:

carter08
11-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
broken foot...plz :hand:

Broken Foot.
Yes.
He missed the first half of the season with that broken foot

Necked
11-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Cropduster, Flannel certainly had the best game of his career, but lets not forget that Flannel couldn't have done it without his offensive line. Those boys faced 8 & 9 man lines from a good Bellville defense all night long, & still dominated the trenches. I congradulate them on a job well done, what a wonderful game they played!
And kudos to the coaching staff for keeping the team together after a rocky start. We are proud of the job ya'll have done over the last few years.
Now lets rackup one more in Conroe!

And yes SilsbeeD, Flannel has a broken bone in his foot. He is going to get a pin in it after the season is over. Thats the only reason anyone can catch him!

KL3
11-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Since you all are making such a big deal about Flannel being hurt I should say that Bellville was a banged up team as well. 1 starter on D didn't play last night, and several others were banged up from last weeks game vs Caldwell including the QB who had a hand injury. No excuses here though, WC outplayed Bellville last night.

Looking back on it, Bellville had committed 6 turnovers and were still only down by 6 points with under 4 minutes remaining in the game. To have all those mistakes and still only be down by that much says something about this Bellville team.

Necked
11-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Looking back on it, Bellville had committed 6 turnovers and were still only down by 6 points with under 4 minutes remaining in the game. To have all those mistakes and still only be down by that much says something about this Bellville team.

There is no disputing that statement. I think everyone agrees that Bellville has a very good football team, no doubt. But much like Gilmer, though, it just wasn't their night.....

cropduster
11-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Necked, you are correct.

BIG KUDOS to the O-line!

scrub c
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
KUDOS,

HUH... :confused: Is that like a candy bar or something???

Necked
11-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Just ask Pancho. He's probably got two or three in his pocket....

Bull19
11-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Since you all are making such a big deal about Flannel being hurt I should say that Bellville was a banged up team as well. 1 starter on D didn't play last night, and several others were banged up from last weeks game vs Caldwell including the QB who had a hand injury. No excuses here though, WC outplayed Bellville last night.

WELL PUT