PDA

View Full Version : First time in 5 years...

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Tonight will end the 5 year drought for my alma mater, the Lake Worth Bullfrogs (7-3, 3-2 dist. 11-3A second runner-up) play Glen Rose (5-5, 4-1 dist 12-3A three way co-champions) in the bi-district round of the playoffs. This is the first time since I wore green and silver under the Friday night lights that the Bullfrogs will play in the post season. I'm looking forward very much to seeing how well they do. In most polls they are expected to go atleast the 2nd round, and in a small percentage has predicted them to go as deep as the 4th round. If by the grace of God they were to make it to the 4th round, that would be the deepest punch in the post season in school history, and only the second time past the 2nd round. the deepest any team has gone before is the 3rd round, when they beat Hillsboro 29-14, Sweetwater 28-14, then loosing to eventual state runner-up, Midland Greenwood 21-7. It will be very interesting to see how this years playoffs pan out. Just wanted to give a brief recent history of the playoffs for Lake Worth High School.

its_n_D_water
11-17-2006, 07:11 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO....AND GOOD LUCK...

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-17-2006, 07:18 PM
thanks, i also just found out that Glen Rose is without its star QB who passed for over 1700 yards this season. might turn out to be a long night for the tigers. the game is also being held at Cedar Hill Stadium, in Cedar Hill.