PDA

View Full Version : 2003 State Champs

BigChamp05
10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Who do ya'll want to see win state this year. I personally would like to see Burnet because they didn't get one last year, and Greenwood because of the championship last year. I want both of these teams to win it this year.

PAINTBALL
10-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks from Burnet.

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 05:55 PM
OF course I want to see Cuero win state...

But time will tell...

jason
10-29-2003, 05:57 PM
i just wanna see somebody beat burnet, i dont care who, i dont care in what round...im kinda gettin sick of reading 'burnet is king czar of the whole entire football world in the history of high school football' in every friggin post on here...i just want to see them lose a game...

no offense to u folks from burnet, some of you are great people...but, ugh, i cant even put it into words....

BigChamp05
10-29-2003, 06:00 PM
lol, i know what you mean, but i still with they would have won last year so we could have had both from the same district. Has that ever happened before? Anyway, i think they've earned it.

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 06:00 PM
jason:
i just wanna see somebody beat burnet, i dont care who, i dont care in what round...im kinda gettin sick of reading 'burnet is king czar of the whole entire football world in the history of high school football' in every friggin post on here...i just want to see them lose a game...

no offense to u folks from burnet, some of you are great people...but, ugh, i cant even put it into words....Ya dang hater...

jason
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Gobbla2001:

jason:

no offense to u folks from burnet, some of you are great people...but, ugh, i cant even put it into words....Ya dang hater...im not a hater...ive seen em, they're good, they prolly will win state...i just wanna see em lose so every teenie-bopper high school kid from burnet will quit telling us all how good they are and that they can't be beat.... :p

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 06:02 PM
BigChamp05:
lol, i know what you mean, but i still with they would have won last year so we could have had both from the same district. Has that ever happened before? Anyway, i think they've earned it.Hmmm, good question, dunno if that has ever happened or not...

I know that two different teams from the same district have won state consecutively...

In '85 Daingerfield beat Cuero in the state game and in '86 Jefferson beat Cuero in the state game... I believe in those days they were in the same district...

PAINTBALL
10-29-2003, 06:25 PM
BigChamp05:
lol, i know what you mean, but i still with they would have won last year so we could have had both from the same district. Has that ever happened before? Anyway, i think they've earned it.It couldn't have happened until they added Div.1 and Div.2. In 1991 Burnet and Marble Falls met again in the quarterfinals. Burnet advanced because of penetrations.

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Matthew328
10-29-2003, 06:29 PM
It has happened twice..

BigChamp05
10-29-2003, 06:31 PM
when?

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Just did some research here... In 1997 both La Marque and Texas City won 4A state championships, TC in D1 and LM in D2 (that's what I think it was anyway...) and they were both in the same district...

That La Marque team was something else... Saw them play LCM that year during round 4 (our game with Sealy was after their game at the Astrodome)... They were good...

PPHSfan
10-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Jason,

You really should be wishing Burnet luck. After all it will probably be Forney that gets the chance to knock them off in the Big game. Besides, who wants to play a State Championship Game against the team that managed to beat the best team in the State. Give Burnet their Props...they have earned them this year. (even if they do have some zealous fans) :D

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Coulda been Plano and Tyler in '94 in 5A or Judson and Roosevelt in '95 for 5A?

Matthew328
10-29-2003, 06:43 PM
It was LaMarque and Texas City in 1997 and Converse Judson and SA Roosevelt in 1995...

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 06:44 PM
YAHHHHHHH...

Though Plano and Tyler might have been in the same district at some point in time seeing how they're only a district or two apart now, geh-snot......

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 01:56 AM
BigChamp05:
Who do ya'll want to see win state this year. I personally would like to see Burnet because they didn't get one last year, and Greenwood because of the championship last year. I want both of these teams to win it this year.I don't care who wins D1...uhm, I mean I hope Burnet wins D1 & Liberty Hill wins D2. Not that I'm saying either WILL happen, just that it would be nice. Especially for us in 25-3A, if Burnet moves up to 4A next year. wink

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 02:36 AM
what is HOAC

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 02:47 AM
Heart of a Champion.

Goob
10-30-2003, 09:41 PM
PPHSfan:
Jason,

You really should be wishing Burnet luck. After all it will probably be Forney that gets the chance to knock them off in the Big game. Besides, who wants to play a State Championship Game against the team that managed to beat the best team in the State. Give Burnet their Props...they have earned them this year. (even if they do have some zealous fans) :D

Goob
10-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Goob:

PPHSfan:
Jason,

You really should be wishing Burnet luck. After all it will probably be Forney that gets the chance to knock them off in the Big game. Besides, who wants to play a State Championship Game against the team that managed to beat the best team in the State. Give Burnet their Props...they have earned them this year. (even if they do have some zealous fans) :D The heart of a champion, Everman 2 years in row. Corey Fullbright with the heart of a champion after the way he went down in the state title game. He probably saved the game for the Dogs by making that tackle, they were a different team after that. The hearts of a champion the parents, friends and the coplayers of Craig Boatright. I am honestly amazed that I have not seen Everman's name in this post at all after 18 postings. DO NOT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY ARE HATCHED. MY Prediction right now is Kennedale Div 2 and Everman Div 1. Lets See how it goes.

Goob
10-30-2003, 09:42 PM
got it right that time

jason
10-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Goob:

Goob:

PPHSfan:
Jason,

You really should be wishing Burnet luck. After all it will probably be Forney that gets the chance to knock them off in the Big game. Besides, who wants to play a State Championship Game against the team that managed to beat the best team in the State. Give Burnet their Props...they have earned them this year. (even if they do have some zealous fans) :D The heart of a champion, Everman 2 years in row. Corey Fullbright with the heart of a champion after the way he went down in the state title game. He probably saved the game for the Dogs by making that tackle, they were a different team after that. The hearts of a champion the parents, friends and the coplayers of Craig Boatright. I am honestly amazed that I have not seen Everman's name in this post at all after 18 postings. DO NOT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY ARE HATCHED. MY Prediction right now is Kennedale Div 2 and Everman Div 1. Lets See how it goes.Everman had their fun...now its done...this is the year of the BURNET BULLDOG not the Everman Bulldog...they'll be lucky to make it out of their region...

Chris Hart
10-30-2003, 10:32 PM
I don't see ANYONE in Reg.I Div.I that can give Everman a contest. Maybe Graham in the 2nd round, but I doubt it. I expect to see Gainesville/Everman in the semis. But who knows?

pgamgt1982
10-30-2003, 10:34 PM
LIBERTY PANTHERS

8-0

ON THE WAY TO A PERFECT SEASON.....