PDA

View Full Version : Question for Techies....

handNthedirt
11-17-2006, 09:44 AM
one of my co-workers was jacking around in his myspace account on my computer here in the trailer...he froze the thing up and we had to have some guy that we made fun of in high school come out and get us up and running again. before our pc froze up, it had audio, after it froze up and was cleaned up by the geek squad, there is no audio. is there anything I can do, w/o spending money outta my pocket to get this thing's speakers working again?

mustang68
11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Did he play in the band?:devil:

99IHSMustang
11-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
one of my co-workers was jacking around in his myspace account on my computer here in the trailer...he froze the thing up and we had to have some guy that we made fun of in high school come out and get us up and running again. before our pc froze up, it had audio, after it froze up and was cleaned up by the geek squad, there is no audio. is there anything I can do, w/o spending money outta my pocket to get this thing's speakers working again?

Find out what type of sound card it has and reload the drivers to it. If you have a dell or another company made machine you can usually go to the website and find out from there without having to crack open the PC.

necks_c/09
11-17-2006, 10:00 AM
plug them in... :D

luvhoops34
11-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
Did he play in the band?:devil:

LOL;)

3afan
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
thats one of the dangers with Myspace .......

handNthedirt
11-17-2006, 11:11 AM
piss on myspace.

zeus63
11-17-2006, 11:42 AM
You can either go to the website to download the drivers, or there should be an option in your start menu called "Driver Recovery" either way, should take care of the problem

Rabbit'93
11-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Not trying to be a smart @** but check to make sure the volume is turned up on the CPU. It will be on the taskbar on the right side usually. Make sure it's not muted. You need to find out what the guy did to repair your computer. Did he open the case or did he do a system restore. It will probably turn out to be something easy.

kaorder1999
11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Not trying to be a smart @** but check to make sure the volume is turned up on the CPU. It will be on the taskbar on the right side usually. Make sure it's not muted. You need to find out what the guy did to repair your computer. Did he open the case or did he do a system restore. It will probably turn out to be something easy.

there you go...testing his intelligence!! :D :D :D

just kidding. Rabbit...where are you tonight?

Rabbit'93
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
At home tonight? Oldest has Bronchitis(sp?) and the middle one has H Flu. Some one wanna tell what the hell H Flu is?

Next week wherever Carroll - Trinity is, that's where I'll be.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I know every once in a while, my speakers don't work.

I have to go to accessories to entertainment to volume control...and for some reason, it will be muted in there.

I unclick the "mute" box and "VOILA"!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
plug them in... :D

lol thats what i was going to say