PDA

View Full Version : Come on baseball season

sinton66
02-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Going stir crazy here.

<small>[ February 14, 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

VWG
02-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Don't worry. Scrimmages start this week and games not too far behind.

Gobbla2001
02-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Are we coming to Sinton or are you guys coming to Cuero...

No matter which location it is, we're gunna kick your Pirates' butts... They might wanna cover the other eye with a patch as well so they don't have to see it (okay, hope you know I'm just kidding down there)...

sinton66
02-14-2004, 07:18 PM
District website shows we play Feb.21 at 11:00 in Cuero. There's five guys on this team that pluck turkeys for market on a part time basis. I hope they don't think they're at work when they come up there! wink

olddawggreen
02-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Both our scrimages this week were called or cancled due to weather. :mad: :mad: We have another one Monday, I hope it happens.

sahen
02-15-2004, 01:47 AM
im depressed...Baylor lost its first baseball game...::sigh::..maybe that will be one of the few...i guess the 12 walks the pitcher gave up didnt help...but it was 35 degrees outside when they were playing....

sinton66
02-15-2004, 09:07 AM
I got an email last week with Adrian Alaniz's player card from UT attached. Lists him as Pitcher/Third Base. He signed it too. We're hearing there's a decent chance he'll start at third base this season. Not bad for a freshman. If anyone would like to have a copy of it, pm me your email address, and I'll forward you one. I don't have a website where I can store stuff like this and link to it. Maybe someday.

Phil C
02-16-2004, 09:49 AM
The only bad thing about the early games is that both teams may not be at their best. Sinton has a chance to be in the playoffs in basketball and some of their key players are on the basketball team. Tomorrow night if Sinton beats Mathis (which will be a close game) and Aransas Pass beats Taft (there is an excellent chance of that happening) then Sinton will meet Taft for a playoff spot probably on Friday. That is the trouble sometimes with those February games because our coach looks at all players to get the right setup and we are not always at our best. I am sure other teams are in the same spot too.