PDA

View Full Version : BELLVILLE PEOPLE PLEASE READ

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 10:34 AM
GLAD TO KNOW THERE ARE BELLVILLE FANS KEEPING UP ON THE RAIDERS OUT THERE! LOOK FOLKS MY COMMENTS ON THE FIELD WERE IN GOOD HUMOR SO IF YOU ARE HURT BY THEM I AM SORRY,BUT PLEASE LIGHTEN UP! COME ON, LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER MADE FUN OF RICE'S FIELD? THE SWAMP? THE MOSQUITO'S AND ALL OTHER FORM OF INSECTS ARE INFAMOUS TO ALL AREA TEAMS! OBVIOUSLY AS LOYAL BELLVILLE FANS YOU ALL WERE SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM THROUGHOUT THE REGULAR SEASON AND WERE UNABLE TO LISTEN TO US DOING THE CARDINAL GAMES. IT SEEMED LIKE EVERY WEEK WE WERE COMPARING EVERYONE'S QB TO BUENGER AS A STANDARD OF A GOOD QB, AND WE PRAISED THE PROWESS OF THE REST OF THE BELLVILLE OFFENSE. IT IS SAD HOW ONE LITTLE COMMENT ABOUT A FOOTBALL FIELD CAN BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT AND BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION JUST LIKE GOSSIP! THE REFERENCE WAS ABOUT A FUTURE MATCH-UP IN THE PLAYOFFS AND IT WAS FORESHADOWING THAT IF THESE TWO TEAMS WERE TO MEET AGAIN THEY DEFINATELY WOULDN'T FLIP HOME AT HOME BECAUSE BELLVILLE WOULDN'T LET THE COWS GRAZE FOR AWHILE ON THE PASTURE SO IT WOULD SLOW RICE DOWN. OKAY....NOW COME ON....THIS SCENERIO WILL NEVER HAPPEN THIS FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS SO IT IS OBVIOUSLY LEADING INTO A JOKE! YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST THING ABOUT THIS IS? THE BELLVILLE GAME WILL BE BROADCAST ON OUR SISTER STATION OUT OF BRENHAM FRIDAY NIGHT AND I WAS GOING TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH THE BROADCAST AND BE PRO-BELLVILLE AS I HAVE BEEN ALL YEAR EXCEPT AGAINST THE CARDINALS AND RAIDERS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. BUT NOW I CAN ONLY ATTEND THE GAME AS A FAN SO WE WILL SEE YOU FOLKS AT KYLE FIELD FRIDAY NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 11:10 AM
I have to stand by my partner on this one, I do play by play of the Rice games. Unlike my partner I am not from the Rice area, I am pro Rice because that is were the sponsers come from. If Rice were to play Bellville you can listen to our sister station carring the game. If you listen to a RICE game you are going to hear a RICE brodcast. I think it is funny, we have been doing it all year long. As for us looking ahead a week, to the possible Rice Bellvills rematch, I am sorry that is what we want to see. We missed the first one doing a Columbus vs. Brookshire Royal game. This game is what the whole area wants to see, and we know we have to beat PI and you have to beat Marlin. We never lost sight of that fact.

afflac65
12-04-2003, 11:30 AM
I agree with both of those replys. Furthermore remember its not about the fans or the staduim its about the young men playing the game. I know both of these gentlemen calling the rice raider games and they are professional in what they do and sometimes have a little humor added to the broadcast. To all you fans that got your feelings hurt i speak for me and the two announcers that we are sorry and we meant no harm. After all this we would like to think we still have a friend in bellville fans......

Bull's-eye
12-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Hey Husker, you posted on the "How to beat Rice" post, that the Bellville field was a bad playing surface, had tall grass and a tall crown. I thought you guys were being sincere, but that got me wondering?

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 02:33 PM
YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER BULL'S EYE MY BROADCAST PARTNER IS A COLUMBUS CARDINAL FIRST AND A RICE RAIDER A VERY DISTANT SECOND. AND THAT IS ONLY BECAUSE OF OUR SPONSORS. MY ALLEGIANCE IS JUST THE OPPOSITE WHICH WORKS WELL FOR OUR CARDINAL/RAIDER FOOTBALL SEASON. BUT HUSKER'S FEELINGS COME FROM A DEEP ROOTED RIVALRY OF BELLVILLE/COLUMBUS....NOT RICE/BELLVILLE.

afflac65
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
HEY I WONDER IF THE RICE RAIDER ANNOUNCERS ARE KIN SOMEHOW THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN EVERYTHING HAHAHA..
I WONDER WHO THEY ARE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO FIND OUT......

KL3
12-04-2003, 02:51 PM
I don't know if they're related or not, but can yall please quit TYPING IN ALL CAPS???

3ahunter2k4
12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
i'm with him... caps are unnecessary. Afflac you said you knew the announcers.

afflac65
12-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Yes i do know the radio announcers i was just poking fun at them...

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 05:48 PM
I HOPE THIS MESSAGE DOESN'T GET BURIED BEFORE FORMERBELLVILLEBRAHMA GET'S TO SEE IT AND REPLY! ALL BELLVILLE FANS MAKE SURE THIS DUDE SEE'S IT TONIGHT!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2003, 06:16 PM
You said what you said and you were not jokeing, I have talked to many people that listened to your comments on the radio about The Pasture of Pain, being just that a pasture that the cows havent grazed on in a while, to slow Rice down. Why would we try to slow the players down when we have players just as fast as Rice has?
You might need to think before you speak out on the radio! Or better yeat find someone who knows how to broadcast a game, that knows how to keep his mouth shut when it comes to making bad comments about another town!
We here in Bellville take it week by week if we beat Marlin, and Rice wins then you can talk about the rematch, and after that rematch you might have a few visitors come by and see you after the game!!
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!!!!!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Visitors are more than welcome to the press box after the games for autographs and all. We have please mow your grass t-shirts for all Bellville fans who can't stand a single joke about GRASS ON THE FIELD come on buddy, now there are two jokes in this topic. One of them is still what we said about the pasture of pain and the other is YOU for not being able to understand humor. Come visit us,I'll chat.

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 06:37 PM
As for everyone who wants to tune into the game, if you are in Colorado County area tune in at 2:00 Sat 98.3 FM. We once again will do our best to bring you an entertaining broadcast of Rice Raider Football.

Bull's-eye
12-04-2003, 06:44 PM
I didn't hear the radio broadcast, but was told by a reliable source, what had been said. Now these 2 announcers come out and say they were just joking. One of the announcers, post just the opposite on a different post. What is it? (joking or not joking. Maybe just a case of "sour grapes"

Posting in all caps is like shouting. Hey guys and radio announcers, I think your smart enough to hit the CapsLock key again. Hey, miss the "a" key a little to the left on your next post, will do the trick.

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 07:00 PM
OKAY LOOK HERE YOU PIECE OF COW CRAP....FORMERBELLVILLEBRAHMA, I WAS SINCERE IN MY APOLOGY BUT IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT IT IT IS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT AND I HOPE WE DO MEET NEXT WEEKEND AND BEAT THE REST OF THE COW CRAP OUT OF YOU HEFFERS! I HEAR ALL THE CATTLE AROUND THERE ARE STUMP-BROKE? YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT DON'T YOU! ALSO BRING YOUR BUTT UP TO THE PRESS BOX PLEASE TAKE MY JOB AWAY FROM ME SO I CAN HERE SOMEONE WHO CAN DO IT BETTER FOR $30 A GAME PAY. NO GAS OR TRAVEL TIME PAYED FOR....JUST $30. SURE ISN'T MUCH MONEY IS IT? SO DO YOU THINK WE REALLY DEEP DOWN GIVE A CRAP WHAT BELLVILLE PEOPLE THINK? NO! OUR SPONSORS ARE FROM COLUMBUS AND EAGLE LAKE...NOT BELLVILLE!! I TRIED TO BE THE BETTER MAN AND APOLOGIZE OUT OF RESPECT BUT YOU BLEW IT A-HOLE! OH BY THE WAY, FCC JUST APPROVED THE USE OF THE F-U-C-K WORD IF USED AS AN ADJECTIVE SO GUESS WHAT BUDDY....GOODBYE...YOU FUCKING A-HOLE!!!!

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 07:00 PM
I DON'T CARE IF I GET BANNED NOW FROM THIS SITE OR NOT!!!C'YA

turbostud
12-04-2003, 07:03 PM
see ya He made 10 posts. Is that a record for getting ROM'd.

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

Bull's-eye
12-04-2003, 07:07 PM
That could be a record. Hope he doesn't explode on the radio and gets in trouble with the F.C.C.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2003, 07:24 PM
We all see how adult you are in your last post, I hope you dont slip up and say some of those bad words on the broadcast.
They were paying you for what you do? Man oh Man, I thought it would be the other way around!
See you around, Im sure after that post the moderator will unplug your radio!!!!

Bull's-eye
12-04-2003, 07:41 PM
I think the radio station and the Rice school disrict needs to take a look at what is representing them. Also, the sponsors may want to speak up. Why would you want to make fun of people, from neighboring towns, that possibly do business or are potential customers.

There are many young people that read these posts, It's a shame that this guy couldn't control his emotions.

footballgal
12-04-2003, 07:50 PM
If some adults act in this manner, what is expected of the kids?? That's a real shame that someone,(an adult) has to resort to such behavior. frown

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2003, 07:50 PM
You are so right Bulls-eye, this station is related to the station that the Bellville games have been on. If the sponsers get wind of what was said there might be some unhappy sponsers that pay some of the bills on that radio station during the Bellville game.
If there is someone, who knows how to get in touch with this guys boss, or have a e-mail address to the radio station, he might need to be notified!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
I did a Bellville game last year and was very supportive of the Bellville team in their loss to Bandera. It is sad that we are this far in the next week of the play-offs and this person is still upset over a comment on the highth of grass. I have played on that field, your field is thick, and the grass is taller than any other stadium, I have played in and the crown is like a small hill, and when it rains, inside the hashes turns to a small lake, it plays different than any other stadium, that is a fact. But it's a 3A stadium and not the Alamodome. If you are a grouds keeper I am sorry for talking about your work. If you aren't why is our comment such a threat to you that you must talk about it all week. We tried to say sorry to you, you couldn't grow up and just move on.

Bellville22
12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Someone needs to print this if they are gonna notify his boss, cause it'll be edited off in a hurry.

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 08:01 PM
You guys are great, we don't make a living at what we do, it is a hobby that we enjoy doing. I have made that comment about Bellville's field at least a half a dozen times in the past two years. Suddenly it is said during a Rice game and the world has a problem with it. I just don't understand. Then we are the bad guys for being upset about it when you made the comment you would visit us after the game? Who are you to tell me how I broadcast my game. And you threaten me by saying you will visit me afterwords. Suddenly I need look over my shoulder for upset fans from a team that I do not broacast nor care about. That is sad.

BrahmaMom
12-04-2003, 08:18 PM
husker_football_fan: I am not sure much of this was directed at you. If you look at your posts compared to your colleague's, I think you'll notice quite a difference in professionalism. You're right, we are 3A and don't have the facilities or staff of a bigger school. Heck, I could review some of the 3A fields we've played on over the years and find similar problems. You guys may be right. I know our coaches work hard on our field; I don't think they are doing anything to deliberately change the game when it comes to grass, they spend more of their efforts coaching. Whatever the status, it affects our players, too. I think we all just want to focus on football and the play-offs and slams at our school, team, town, coaches, fans just aren't as funny to us right now. Geez, there is a lot of testosterone flowing on this board. I think that is the problem. Anyway, we in Bellville love our Pasture and are proud of what our team has accomplished there. No matter what anybody else says. So now, we need to move on and go BEAT MARLIN!

Bull's-eye
12-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Going to the Bellville school district, in private, may be a better way to express your feelings on their field. Very unprofessional to do it on the air. I'm sure if these remarks were heard earlier, the Bellville people would of spoken up. This has nothing to do with Rice, it's the first time I heard the comments. The "Pasture of Pain" is just a nickname, there are no livestock grazing there and it is not a pasture(home of the Brahmas, get it?). I always enjoyed how well the field has been maintained.

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

KL3
12-04-2003, 08:24 PM
"I have made that comment about Bellville's field at least a half a dozen times in the past two years."

Thats the thing. Why do you even have to mention it? I guess you think when you say things like that, it makes people forget that Bellville has owned Rice the last 30 years.

Besides, not once have I ever heard of Bellville's field being that bad.

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Thank You, We never said that everybody's home is perfect and few are. I am from Columbus and I am sure you have tried to fit in our small visitor section many times. Every stadium has character and that makes 3A football that much better. Really my partner tried to say we were sorry, he even sent formerbellvillebrama a personal message to hammer home the fact it was a joke. We will get on edge though when a person says they will meet us after the game. We are a team, and I will stand with my partner, last week wasnt the first time we have done this show togeather it has been a long year. He graduated from Rice before football was ever like this and he loves Rice Raider football. We enjoy these games and think we do a good job.

Bull's-eye
12-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Is there any way to hear a re-broadcast of that game?

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 08:43 PM
In the play-offs many teams play on the new field-turf fields. We were makeing an over all statment on how great it would be to see a rematch between Rice and Bellville. We talked about Rice's speed and it is a fact they are going to be a faster team away from the "pasture of pain". We did not just come out and make this comment about the grass out of no where. It was a drawn out conversation between the two of us. Rice beats people with speed. Speed on both sides of the ball, IF these two teams would meet again it would be to Rice's atvantege to find a turf field to play on. All of the other opions about the field that I have made with you all never went on air, just a few insights from a person who has played there.

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Bulls-eye I wish I could hear it again, things happen so fast that it is very easy to slip up doing a live broadcast. At the time I didn't see it as a problem, but someone out there did.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2003, 09:39 PM
You get the tape and listen to it, with your boss, you will see it was not intended to be a joke, and then you will see why it upset more that a few people in Bellville!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 09:47 PM
My boss knew of the entire situation when we got home that Saturday. We spoke about before I headed home to Brenham. We knew that you all had posted things before we even left San Antonio. We didn't see it as a problem due to the fact it was a Rice game and Bellville was has it's own station seperate from our broadcast with your own anounce team, that I will be with in College Station for kick-off Friday night.

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 09:48 PM
OK, all this needs to just go away NOW!!!
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 09:54 PM
If formerbellvillebrahma can find it in his/her heart to move on it would be nice. I can't take away the past and niether can he as much as he hates our comments we are still sorry for stepping on his/her toes. I want you all to beat Marlin, I want Rice to beat PI, a rematch would be awesome and you all know it. Being a Columbus Cardinal at heart, I hate to say it but one of these teams has a good shot at taking it all the way.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey 73, havent seen much of your post as of late, how was the pool a few weeks back? :cool: Hope yall had a good time!
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!!!!

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 09:58 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 73, havent seen much of your post as of late, how was the pool a few weeks back? :cool: Hope yall had a good time!
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!!!!The pool was cool and the hotties were hot!!!!

BrahmaMom
12-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Okay, 73, that was more than the Moms needed to hear! And yes, I am soooo ready for some football! Let's let the field thing go away and PLAY BALL! GO BULLS!

afflac65
12-04-2003, 10:29 PM
what fm station will the bellville-marlin game be on...

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 10:30 PM
afflac65:
what fm station will the bellville-marlin game be on...WKRP in Cincinatti

turbostud
12-04-2003, 10:30 PM
WKRP

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 10:32 PM
<small>[ December 04, 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Brahma73 ]</small>

turbostud
12-04-2003, 10:33 PM
HaHa I beat you Brahma73. :D

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Stud, that is tooooooo wierd!!!! eek!

turbostud
12-04-2003, 10:35 PM
yup

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 10:41 PM
either the new light rock station in Brenham or KNRG out of Columbus 92.3FM both should come in clear in the Bellville area, for those of you who don't want to sit out in the cold.

Brahma73
12-04-2003, 10:44 PM
husker_football_fan
[QB]either the new light rock station in Brenham QB]What station is that? I didn't know there was another station in Brenham!

HHSBRAHMA/RICERAIDER
12-04-2003, 10:56 PM
I just want to say, would you like to listen to an announcer that was not colorful or descriptive? Have you ever tried to announce on the radio? It is not an easy job. For years as a rice raider alumini we have had to listen to all the puns made up on us. This comment was made in jest!I think you need to quit picking on the announcers and just let them do their job! And so what if they write in caps! Big deal!I think some people have way to much time on their hands!The focus needs to get back on the kids and the efforts that they make for everyday they go out on the field.This is a High School Football team get some perspective here! :p

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 11:05 PM
if it is knrg its 92.3 i think the brenham station in 94.1 or 95.1 something like that. They have carried the other games, someone is bellville should know for sure.

footballgal
12-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Putting aside the grass comments, for a second; Why is the language he used on his 2nd to last post being overlooked and the fact that it's still there and not been edited!!???