PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn Fans - Men's Basketball on ESPN2 @ 8:00 PM Thursday Night

g$$
11-16-2006, 04:52 PM
FYI:

Texas vs. Michigan State
ESPN2
8:00 PM Thurs. Night

Good early season match-up & chance to see the young & talented Longhorn squad. Kevin Durant is a stud, check it out.

Tiger3
11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Should be a good early season indicator of how good this team is and can be.

awizzy
11-16-2006, 06:26 PM
durant gonna drop 30 tonite...hes been only play about 24 minutes or so and getting 20 points tonite he will play more bc it will be a better game....hook em

g$$
11-16-2006, 06:46 PM
He is playing D1 ball now. Heck of a talent, but remember he is just a freshman. And Mich. State will D up under Izzo. I say he goes for around 17 tonight. Should be a good game.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
How about them tarheels???

Tyler Hansbrough, in my opinion, is the best player in College Basketball right now... he's the next David Robinson... and he wears #50 like D-Rob...

okay maybe I'm biased becuase I like the Heels, but when I watched him the other night I was reminded of this...

KL3
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
durant gonna drop 30 tonite...hes been only play about 24 minutes or so and getting 20 points tonite he will play more bc it will be a better game....hook em

The quality of opponent will definately go up as well.

g$$
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Hold your horses buddy...

David Robinson = great player, Top 50 guy all-time

Tyler Hansbrough = solid player, time will tell & not nearly as explosive as D-Rob in his prime blocking shots, etc. Also not as tall either.

Gobbla2001
11-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hold your horses buddy...

David Robinson = great player, Top 50 guy all-time

Tyler Hansbrough = solid player, time will tell & not nearly as explosive as D-Rob in his prime blocking shots, etc. Also not as tall either.

might not be as tall, but he plays just like Robinson... you're right, time will tell, but he already looks better this season... last season he was the big dog, played conservative (believe it or not) because the team couldn't afford for him to get fouled out or get injured while going up recklessly for blocks or shots etc...

Now that the team has come around and he realizes the team can now afford for him to get into foul trouble etc... he is just so explosive... I dunno if you saw the game a couple of nights ago, but he was just amazing in that first half, another player took over in the second...

awizzy
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
How about them tarheels???

Tyler Hansbrough, in my opinion, is the best player in College Basketball right now... he's the next David Robinson... and he wears #50 like D-Rob...

okay maybe I'm biased becuase I like the Heels, but when I watched him the other night I was reminded of this...

how about bradon wright...hes has all the talent in the world if he just keeps his head on strait and works at it..wow

Gobbla2001
11-16-2006, 07:59 PM
how about bradon wright...hes has all the talent in the world if he just keeps his head on strait and works at it..wow

no doubt... lookin' good

g$$
11-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I watched a good bit of it. UNC as always has athletes. I like Hansbrough too, but I am not ready to put him in the David Robinson category. I still remember Robinson when he played college ball at Navy (& of course w/ the Spurs). Hansbrough is not in that elite status yet & probably never will be. Should only get better though as he matures & fills out that body.

Not too many Top 50 guys running around...

eagles_victory
11-16-2006, 08:54 PM
how about bradon wright...hes has all the talent in the world if he just keeps his head on strait and works at it..wow have u mentioned brandon wright on every college basketball thread youve posted on. And Hansboro is a good player but theres no way hes the best player in college basketball.

awizzy
11-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
have u mentioned brandon wright on every college basketball thread youve posted on. And Hansboro is a good player but theres no way hes the best player in college basketball.
yes i have...hes awesome

awizzy
11-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He is playing D1 ball now. Heck of a talent, but remember he is just a freshman. And Mich. State will D up under Izzo. I say he goes for around 17 tonight. Should be a good game.

17? in the first half...acually hes got 16

football4life
11-16-2006, 11:44 PM
ouch

g$$
11-17-2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah, how about that 2nd half? Texas could not make a shot & lost by 2 at the end. Durant is a stud but he did NOT get 30.

Durant = 21 (16 in 1st half), Abrams = 22

OUCH!!

BTW, Texas will only get better as they are VERY young. Team defense must get better if they want to run the big dogs in the Big 12 & the country. It will, Barnes is a good coach. Texas is lacking a true big man though (Pittman down the road?). Got pounded on the boards in the 2nd half. Time will tell...right now they look very green, as expected when you have so many young kids tasting D1 ball for the 1st time. Much more physical & every possession counts.