11-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think you need brain surgery...

too dang expensive

big daddy russ
11-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
...mustange?
That's how my girlfriend's family says "Mustang," LOL. I make fun of them for saying that all the time (one of the cousins owns a Ford Mustang), and they make fun of me for being too gringo.

Boosty_Hondo
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
lol that is too funny

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
we are all going to die at one point or another

Yes that is true. It is also true that the manner in which a person dies tells much about what type of person you are. For example an Italian journalist , I forget his name, was kidnapped in Bagdad a couple of years ago. They were routinely beheading and shooting these unlucky chaps making propaganda videos (remember Nick Berg). They had him in front of the camera hog tied and wanted him to denounce his country and the "Great Satan". He spit in their faces and yelled "this is how an Italian dies". And then they killed him. That man died with great courage, dignity and style.

Old Tiger
11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Crap I should look at the monitor when I type:mad:

mustang04
11-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Yes that is true. It is also true that the manner in which a person dies tells much about what type of person you are. For example an Italian journalist , I forget his name, was kidnapped in Bagdad a couple of years ago. They were routinely beheading and shooting these unlucky chaps making propaganda videos (remember Nick Berg). They had him in front of the camera hog tied and wanted him to denounce his country and the "Great Satan". He spit in their faces and yelled "this is how an Italian dies". And then they killed him. That man died with great courage, dignity and style.

soooo...that means that just cause say someone's mother who died in a freak car accident didn't die spitting in the face of terrorists, that sums up her whole life with regards to dignity, courage, and style??? sry...not all of us can be at the right place at the right time to choose our deaths

Boosty_Hondo
11-16-2006, 03:53 PM
why u say that lol

Old Tiger
11-16-2006, 03:54 PM
wow...this is getting a little to serious for me i'm out!

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 04:15 PM
soooo...that means that just cause say someone's mother who died in a freak car accident didn't die spitting in the face of terrorists, that sums up her whole life with regards to dignity, courage, and style??? sry...not all of us can be at the right place at the right time to choose our deaths
You make a good point most of us have little choice how we are going to die. It just happens unexpectedly or over the course of some long ilness. My point is sometimes a person does have a choice and that is when character is revealed. There really is such a thing a heroism and sacrifice, despite what the post modern relativist professors are proferring up these days as reality.;)

mistanice
11-16-2006, 04:20 PM
You make a good point most of us have little choice how we are going to die. It just happens unexpectedly or over the course of some long ilness. My point is sometimes a person does have a choice and that is when character is revealed. There really is such a thing a heroism and sacrifice, despite what the post modern relativist professors are proferring up these days as reality.;)

What do you think about those draft dodgers during the Vietnam War? I think it's safe to say at the present time that the Vietnam War was a mistake.

mustang04
11-16-2006, 04:21 PM

i agree..there is heroism..and there are professors like that (but luckily all mine just teach biology or chemistry and thats it lol)

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
What do you think about those draft dodgers during the Vietnam War? I think it's safe to say at the present time that the Vietnam War was a mistake.

The Vietnam War was not the mistake. The mistake was not fighting it to win. We have not fought to win since WWII. 50,000 good men died so that the US Congress could cut off funding for the South Vietnamese ending the war and hanging them out to dry. Over a million Vietnamese and Cambodians were slaughtered in the aftermath of our retreat. We were winning at the time but the NV Communists knew if they could win the political battle in America they could prevail. Sound familiar to you? It should as it is happening again today in Iraq.

The students in those times were misled and sad to say just plain wrong as history has shown. No excuse to repeat that mistake now.

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 04:37 PM
i agree..there is heroism..and there are professors like that (but luckily all mine just teach biology or chemistry and thats it lol)

Good for you. Keep your perspective and be skeptical when your values are attacked.