PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy Corpus Christi!!

Ray_BearKat
11-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Just saw an article in the Valley Morning Star about this and checked it out on youtube...I don't know if this has been posted already but i had a good laugh.

Pee Wee football game turns ugly
Associated Press

CORPUS CHRISTI — It was the last 10 seconds of a Pee Wee football league’s Super Bowl, and the Titans were near another touchdown. Then a fight broke out. Not among the 5- and 6-year old players, but among a coach, referee and pile of parents.
The day after a home video of the Nov. 4 melee went out over the Internet, the coach is blaming the referee and police are still investigating possible charges.
The 82-second video clip starts with tiny members of the Corpus Christi Titans and the Corpus Christi 49ers being readied for the next play. It quickly veers toward an apparent disturbance.
A burly coach appears to charge the field and tackle an 18-year-old referee. The two are quickly surrounded by parents, some appearing to join in the brawl. One woman kicks somebody in the rear.
Parents are shown subduing and dragging others from the scene as the fight breaks up. The video ends with a hand covering the video lens and a woman’s voice saying, “Please don’t show ... “
Police said several people filed reports saying the fight was apparently caused by the coach’s language.
“The coach had been warned several times about cursing on the sidelines. When the referee ejected him from the game, that’s when he rushed him,” Corpus Christi Police Capt. John Houston said.
Houston said police were still investigating and planned to meet with Nueces County prosecutors to determine if the coach and at least one other man would face charges.
The coach, meanwhile, said he was actually the victim.
“They’re showing the video from about four to five seconds in,” said Robert Watson, who was coaching the 49ers. “It was the referee attacking me and I defended myself. There’s like five witnesses.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXLYKwZF8o