PDA

View Full Version : Bandera

therealbulldogs
10-13-2001, 10:09 PM
Bandera is looking pretty good so far. They are finally starting to play like a team. They have outscored opponents in the last 4 games 137-7. Bandera has been getting much better every week.

Region4Fan
10-13-2001, 10:48 PM
I'll agree they are playing really well, but where are they getting all this offense? They lost their starting all-state QB, all-state fullback/linbacker, all-star receiver, and most of the offensive line. I'll say it again, I thought they would be really solid, but I am being convinced they could make another run at the big prize, but if any of you know anything about Bandera, let me know.

therealbulldogs
10-13-2001, 11:48 PM
The real offense has been the defense shutting opponents out.
Hicks is at QB leading the offense. He has been doing a great job. He's only a junior and will only improve as time goes on. At FB they alternate Zack Stevens and Dustin Heep. They both have been blocking and running the ball very well. Very few times has either one been stopped for less than 5 yards. At TB there is Todd Ritchie, Chris Martinez, and Chad Thompson. They all alternate also. Ritchie is the starter who has given up some playing time to concentrate on defense. Both Martinez and Thompson are very good sophomores who are young but are doing pretty well. The leading receiver is Cody Williams the TE. He has had a great year this year. He has about 10 catches for a couple hundred yards and 2 or 3 TD's. Scotty Jennings, Billy Jennings, and Kenny Reed have all contributed also. The OL this year is bigger, stronger, faster, and just plain better this year than last year. LT is 6'3" 265lb. Jr. Colton Sells who started there last year as a sophomore. LG is 6'5" 240lb. Jr. Robbie Bohan who is doing excellent. C is Dylan Jackson 6'1" 220lb. Sr. who started at LG last year. At RG is 6'4" 285lb. Sr. Jeff Thompson who moved to Bandera from Corpus Christi. Steven Whitus is RT at 6'4" 265lb. Sr. who started at TE last year. Whitus was out the first 3 games due to injury, but is back and doing great. If they want a first down or are in the red zone look for the ball to be run behind Whitus. This OL can block any DL in the state. Bandera is a bunch of no names making a name for themselves. But like I said before, the defense has been the key for the offense.