PDA

View Full Version : Inlaws

Go Cuero
11-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Surely mine aren't the only ones who could drive someone nuts.....I know this has nothing to do w/football other than I was trying to catch up on football on the board when my inlaws called and said they were coming over....arghhhh...I hate it when people just tell me they are coming over...I already have the next few hours w/supper, getting the kids ready for bed etc planned out and it did not include the inlaws coming over. I guess that's what happens when they live around the corner from you.

:mad:

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2006, 05:19 PM
My in-laws could drive someone nuts. :D There's definitely something to be said for living halfway across the state from them. ;)

(Just be thankful they called first. :D )

Go Cuero
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh LHPM mom - met some people from Liberty Hill who are big LH football fans. We had an interesting football talk last Saturday night. I think they have a cousin on the team. Anyway, it was interesting to talk w/someone who had a passion for football in this area and grew up w/it like I did. And I saw a car all decorated today for the game this weekend. It was funny because I don't believe I have ever seen one in my area since I moved here. Great stuff!!

injuredinmelee
11-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I wish my ex inlaws would ... well never mind this is a family board.

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I have family in Alabama and Florida...they may not drop in often, but they really know how to pick bad times to call.;)

I guess since it is close to Thanksgiving I should try being thankful that they call huh?

3afan
11-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Cuero
Surely mine aren't the only ones who could drive someone nuts.....I know this has nothing to do w/football other than I was trying to catch up on football on the board when my inlaws called and said they were coming over....arghhhh...I hate it when people just tell me they are coming over...I already have the next few hours w/supper, getting the kids ready for bed etc planned out and it did not include the inlaws coming over. I guess that's what happens when they live around the corner from you.

:mad:

family is everything ... just do what you need to do .... :p

Go Cuero
11-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
family is everything ... just do what you need to do .... :p

I know and they help out a lot w/watching the kids and I'm thankful for everything they do BUT dang it...I don't to see them everyday. So we just all went out to eat and got home and everything that needed to be done ahead of time!! So it all worked out.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Sadly, my inlaws are deceased...never even got the chance to meet them.

My dad and step-mom live in Midland and they have just adopted my husband as their own son!!

My husband calls my dad, "dad" and dad calls him "son"!

First time I heard it, it brought tears to my eyes!!:)

luvhoops34
11-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't have any in-laws that are living. But I sure enjoyed them when they were alive!

My son in law is a different story. Can't stand him. I wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire. :mad:

DaHop72
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

My son in law is a different story. Can't stand him. I wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire. :mad: Don't candy coat it luvs, tell us how you really feel.:D :D

Old Tiger
11-16-2006, 12:27 AM
lol

District303aPastPlayer
11-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Don't candy coat it luvs, tell us how you really feel.:D :D

thats funny

eagles_victory
11-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My in-laws could drive someone nuts. :D There's definitely something to be said for living halfway across the state from them. ;)

I would of never thought that about Malcolms parents

KingRob
11-16-2006, 04:26 AM
My Father-in-law is now deceased, but he was a great man, who treated me better than my own pops. My mother-in-law is the best. She lives a mile away, but she respects our privacy, and never just drops in. She's the kind of Grandmother I wish I would've had growing up. I keep reminding my son that she is a gem. He's 16 and tends to take her for granted. Her birthday was last week (73), and she was shocked when I showed up at her door with a big bundle of flowers.

Just a thought, but if the Inlaws call and want to come over, how about telling them not tonight, and then pick a good evening to have them over?

Go Cuero
11-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by KingRob

Just a thought, but if the Inlaws call and want to come over, how about telling them not tonight, and then pick a good evening to have them over?

They don't just call and ask to come over. They call and say hey we're outside let us in!!! It's like we're out here in front of your house - let us in LOL I'm not trying to sound ungratefull or disrespectful at all to them because like I said they help out alot with the kids but I need some space. I wouldn't even want my mom to come over that much!! LOL And if I say no not tonight, they get offended and get their feelings hurt. Believe me, I'm all about family. I have a LARGE family on both sides so I know just how valuable and precious they are especially after losing 2 grandparents this past year but my own little family needs personal space sometimes to have our own family time. Make sense? I guess my orginal post came across as rude and I didn't mean it that way.

piratebg
11-16-2006, 08:20 AM
My in-laws live a block behind me and just walk in whenever they feel like it. There is very little privacy in my home. :mad: