PDA

View Full Version : The Pee-wee brawl got me to thinking........

Bull Butter
11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
We have a pee-wee team here in our town. They play in a league with other cities. Our team has been very successful to say the least. Undefeated, most games shutouts. The other day I was told by a parent of one of the pee-wee players that another team's coach has been videotaping our team's games. I'm assuming it's to gain an advantage by breaking down film and studying our team's plays. My questions are..............

1. Isn't this taking pee-wee football a bit too seriously?
2. Is this not against the law? (a grown man videotaping young boys that are not his own)

handNthedirt
11-15-2006, 03:50 PM
if finding a way to win(morally) is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

piratebg
11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
We have a pee-wee team here in our town. They play in a league with other cities. Our team has been very successful to say the least. Undefeated, most games shutouts. The other day I was told by a parent of one of the pee-wee players that another team's coach has been videotaping our team's games. I'm assuming it's to gain an advantage by breaking down film and studying our team's plays. My questions are..............

2. Is this not against the law? (a grown man videotaping young boys that are not his own)

1. I would have to say that yeah, it is taking it a little serious. Pee Wee football is supposed to be fun.

2. Unless the footage is inapporpriate or you can prove they are stalking, harrassing, or being some sort of nuisance then no, at least not at a public event like a game.

handNthedirt
11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Winners Do What Losers Aren't Willing To!!!!

BTEXDAD
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
1. I would have to say that yeah, it is taking it a little serious. Pee Wee football is supposed to be fun.

2. Unless the footage is inapporpriate or you can prove they are stalking, harrassing, or being some sort of nuisance then no, at least not at a public event like a game.

In all honesty, it's probably taking it too far to even keep score. I know some local towns don't keep score on t-ball during little league season.

Of course all the parents watching know who won the games because parents keep their own scores.

pirate4state
11-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
In all honesty, it's probably taking it too far to even keep score. I know some local towns don't keep score on t-ball during little league season.

Of course all the parents watching know who won the games because parents keep their own scores. LMAO!! Scary people those parents. ;)

piratebg
11-15-2006, 04:06 PM

Of course all the parents watching know who won the games because parents keep their own scores.

I'm guilty. :D

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2006, 04:07 PM

LOL...I remember those days. You could ask any mom what the official "unofficial" score was because we all had a little piece of paper and wouldn't trust it to our memories.:doh:

handNthedirt
11-15-2006, 04:10 PM
why play if you're not going to keep score?

Ingleside Fan
11-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

If the guy is a coach he is most like trying to figure out a defense that he can use in the game against you. 3/4, 4/4, 4/4split etc.. I know a youth coach that video tapes every game. And has other coaches tape his games to improve his team.

BTEXDAD
11-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
why play if you're not going to keep score?

I guess I feel the same way, but at the same time, the main thing you're trying to accomplish in pee wee sports is teaching the kids the game.
Take as an example pee wee football, if your team has a rb that's bigger and faster than anybody else on your team or the other team, and as a coach you just keep giving him the ball so your team can win, you may win all your games, but have you done a good job of teaching ALL the kids fundamentals. You have to balance it between winning and teaching/coaching at that age.

One of the first years I coached little league some 20 years ago, it was explained to me what a coach was supposed to do in the younger ages and I always followed that thinking. Quote follows:

"The score of the game does not matter. The purpose of being a little league coach is not to win every game. Your duty as a coach is teach your team how to play baseball/softball (football, etc.) However, one of the best ways to tell if they are learning the game is how well they do against their peers. That is the ONLY reason we keep score."

This of course does not apply to all star competition. LOL

handNthedirt
11-15-2006, 04:41 PM
I understand what you're getting at, and I'll leave it at that.

CenTexSports
11-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I want to start a league for all kids 6 thru 12 for all sports. It will be on a franchise basis and I will supply all of the coaches and officials. It will cost a little more than other similar leagues but when the parents come to the game there will be a $5 per game admission. With each paid admission you get 1 valium and you must take it prior to going into the sield. I predict a hugh crowd for every game and no parent interference.

Go Cuero
11-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I want to start a league for all kids 6 thru 12 for all sports. It will be on a franchise basis and I will supply all of the coaches and officials. It will cost a little more than other similar leagues but when the parents come to the game there will be a $5 per game admission. With each paid admission you get 1 valium and you must take it prior to going into the sield. I predict a hugh crowd for every game and no parent interference.

LOL

I think taping it because it's your child and you're doing it for the memories is one thing. Taping it to use to see what the teams are running is crazy for a pee wee team. We just got a flyer today from my son's school about pee wee football and this type of behavior scares me...oh and so does the 10 hour a week practice for a 6 year old plus a game on the weekend. What about school???

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
With each paid admission you get 1 valium and you must take it prior to going into the sield. I predict a hugh crowd for every game and no parent interference.

LOL...I know there were (and still are) times when I wish I had a valium as I watched my kids play. If I wasn't excited because it was a close game, then I was worried that one of them was going to be hurt.

I think your idea is wonderful!:D