PDA

View Full Version : Will Gilmer break the "curse" this year?

SintonFan
11-15-2006, 12:27 AM
With them ranked on the AP and most other rankings before the playoffs, will they break the dreaded "No. 1 curse" and win the state title?

pirate4state
11-15-2006, 12:49 AM
The real "curse" is if they can escape the downlow hype. Every year a new team is hyped all year and don't end up winning the big prize everyone was so eager to give them before a down was every played. *shrug*

RMAC
11-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I think that this might be Cuero's year. The past 2 or so, they've been really talked up only to fall short twice. I think that they win it all in DII this year.

Old Tiger
11-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Streaks are like what's in your underwear if you don't wipe good.

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Based on No. 1 ranking, the curse ought to be on Cuero this year.

wimbo_pro
11-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I say Gilmer does in fact win it all in D1. As far as D2 is concerned...I wont make a prediction just yet. Too many teams that, if they get "hot", could beat any team in that bracket. The teams I refer to are the ones we all know...WOS, LH, Wimberley, Giddings, Cuero and even Hondo.

GreenMachine
11-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I say Gilmer does in fact win it all in D1. As far as D2 is concerned...I wont make a prediction just yet. Too many teams that, if they get "hot", could beat any team in that bracket. The teams I refer to are the ones we all know...WOS, LH, Wimberley, Giddings, Cuero and even Hondo. I smell an upset with Gilmer, won't say yet who, but it is coming. You are very correct on the D2 teams you listed. Any of these teams could do it.