PDA

View Full Version : A letter for Gainesville football fans...

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 12:47 PM
As promised, I am here to stand up for my prediction gone awry. I predicted a 44-25 Forney win. I have to admit that for most of the game, I was feeling very confident in my prediction. When the fourth quarter began, people around me were already talking about whether it would be Abilene Wylie or Snyder that we would play. What I witnessed in the fourth quarter was something that I have not seen before. Forney imploded, and Gainesville was able to take advantage of it. I am not sure that Gainesville was the better team in the game, but the final score is all that matters, and that's where Gainesville came out on top. While Forney basically gave the game to the Leopards, you guys still had to execute a TD in the red zone and compile the game-winning field goal drive. Your defense stepped up while our offense began to lose confidence in themselves. Your team showed that they wouldn't give up, even if there was hardly a peep out of the Gainesville fans from the first Forney TD seventeen seconds in until the fumble that allowed you back into the game. Gainesville's offense really did what I expected of them, coming up one point short of what I predicted. It was the intangibles that couldn't account for...fumbles by the Forney offense, a bad snap on a punt, etc. that really turned this game around. On your final offensive drive, I saw flashes of things that I had only seen out of Forney previously...receivers catching "uncatchable" balls, the quarterback throwing up a prayer and seeing it land in his receiver's hands even though he was in triple coverage. You guys won the game Friday, and I commend you for it. Congratulations.

Keith7
12-01-2003, 01:30 PM
crzyjournalist03:
I am not sure that Gainesville was the better team in the gamejust because yall played better then us in the first half doesnt mean that yall are the better team..
Your only as good as your last game

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Nice post, Crzyjounralist.

Learn to be magnanimous and humble, Keith.

kaorder1999
12-01-2003, 01:40 PM
keith7....no need for that...scoreboard has final say....

Keith7
12-01-2003, 01:47 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
Nice post, Crzyjounralist.

Learn to be magnanimous and humble, Keith.ok i'm sorry crzyjournalist

vet93
12-01-2003, 01:49 PM
When I was young and naive...and one good team beat another...I would think and say that the best team won the contest. Now...after watching many years of high school football, I have to ammend my way of thinking. Now, when one good team beats another I can honestly say that the best team THAT DAY won. Even more specifically, the best team THAT 48 MINUTES won. Had we stopped at 24 minutes then Forney would have been considered the better team. Had we gone 52 minutes...who knows? What I can say is congratulations to two very good, well-coached teams that represented their communities well. Good luck to everyone in the future.

Fletch
12-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Crzy,

Where I come from your post would be called a "left-handed compliment". LOL!

If you are going to give Gainesville credit for winning, then do it.

MonkeyJoe
12-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Forney is a buncha sore losers...well atleast some people are...but crzy03 your not, im sure that Gainesville appreciates your post and also wishes Forney the best of luck next year..
Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?

kaorder1999
12-01-2003, 02:30 PM
MonkeyJoe:
Forney is a buncha sore losers...well atleast some people are...but crzy03 your not, im sure that Gainesville appreciates your post and also wishes Forney the best of luck next year..
Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?who? maybe im missing something here...who from forney is being a sore loser?

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 03:01 PM
vet93:
When I was young and naive...and one good team beat another...I would think and say that the best team won the contest. Now...after watching many years of high school football, I have to ammend my way of thinking. Now, when one good team beats another I can honestly say that the best team THAT DAY won. Even more specifically, the best team THAT 48 MINUTES won. Had we stopped at 24 minutes then Forney would have been considered the better team. Had we gone 52 minutes...who knows? What I can say is congratulations to two very good, well-coached teams that represented their communities well. Good luck to everyone in the future.this is exactly what I meant by that comment...If Forney and Gainesville played 50 times, it could very easily be split 25-25...I honestly do not think that either team is better than the other...which is a far cry from what I thought this time last week...Gainesville was the better team the last 10 minutes of the game, and they won it fair and square. The only thing I meant by saying that I'm not sure they're the better team is that things could just as easily have gone Forney's way.

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 03:03 PM
MonkeyJoe:

Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?yes, Laury is a senior, but he hasn't received any offers from colleges that I'm aware of yet...if he has, he hasn't committed to anywhere.

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 03:07 PM
kaorder1999:

MonkeyJoe:
Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?who? maybe im missing something here...who from forney is being a sore loser?check your PMs.

Quinlan ford fan
12-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Sometimes the best Team doesnt always win the game ....that is the beauty of Football, anything can happen....sounds like the same way we lost to Pilot Point.....at least all of Gainesvilles players are elegible....which cannot be said in the case of Pilot Point a team you defended, however in this case the best TEAM did win.....so roll out the basketballs......as far as next years Forney team get real, yall are like old mother hubbard.......your cubbard is BARE.....and if you go 4a..... its going to get UGLY!!!!!!!

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Quinlan ford fan:
Sometimes the best Team doesnt always win the game ....that is the beauty of Football, anything can happen....sounds like the same way we lost to Pilot Point.....at least all of Gainesvilles players are elegible....which cannot be said in the case of Pilot Point a team you defended, however in this case the best TEAM did win.....so roll out the basketballs......as far as next years Forney team get real, yall are like old mother hubbard.......your cubbard is BARE.....and if you go 4a..... its going to get UGLY!!!!!!!sounds like someone's hoping we don't end up back in a district with them again next year :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 04:52 PM
eek! eek! eek! a double post...I haven't had one of those in ages...

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: crzyjournalist03 ]</small>

Keith7
12-01-2003, 06:07 PM
kaorder1999:

MonkeyJoe:
Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?who? maybe im missing something here...who from forney is being a sore loser?Jason and Family

MonkeyJoe
12-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Keith7:

kaorder1999:

MonkeyJoe:
Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?who? maybe im missing something here...who from forney is being a sore loser?Jason and Familyexactly who i was referring to...

dawg03
12-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Keith7:

crzyjournalist03:
I am not sure that Gainesville was the better team in the gamejust because yall played better then us in the first half doesnt mean that yall are the better team..
Your only as good as your last gameI agree the game says it all there are no excuses in football, either you win or lose. eek!

jason
12-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Keith7:

kaorder1999:

MonkeyJoe:
Is yalls RB a SR., if so, what college is he going to?who? maybe im missing something here...who from forney is being a sore loser?Jason and Familyhey i gave credit to gainesville...i also said, though, that forneys turnovers and second half melt down didnt help either...dont you say another word about me being a sore loser...gainesville was better in the second half and they won... :mad: :mad: :mad:

i hope y'all win this week cause i cant wait to hear your excuses after burnet hands it to you in the Championship game.. :p :p :p

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Keith7
12-01-2003, 06:36 PM
so is Gainesville the better team

jason
12-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Keith7:
so is Gainesville the better teamthey were on friday...

Keith7
12-01-2003, 06:41 PM
It seems like they were all year considering we beat Forney at the to begin their season, and we beat them to end it..

but hey no hard feelings, If u feel like still watchin football u can come to birdville friday, and see the new Region 2 champions play

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
12-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Keith7:
It seems like they were all year considering we beat Forney at the to begin their season, and we beat them to end it..

but hey no hard feelings, If u feel like still watchin football u can come to birdville friday, and see the new Region 2 champions playhey keith, there's no hard feelings in Forney either...as long as Gainesville wins state so we can claim to be the #2 team in the state again wink :D

jason
12-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Keith7:

but hey no hard feelings, If u feel like still watchin football u can come to birdville friday, and see the new Region 2 champions playyou didnt begin their season, aledo did, and forney beat them....scrimmages dont count, or havent you heard... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aamove
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Keith7:

but hey no hard feelings, If u feel like still watchin football u can come to birdville friday, and see the new Region 2 champions playI hope you do win this week. But more than that I would really like to see y'all play against Burnet. I think they will be a challenge. Good luck on your road to the finals. I just hope that you are as humble if the game doesn't go your way.