PDA

View Full Version : Vet93

VWG
11-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Saw where Ballinger ended up 5-5 for the year, but no playoffs.
Tough district with Early and Wall.
Ballinger was usually a playoff team in 3A... what gives?

DukeNukem
11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
saw ballinger play. not sure about that spread offense. they don't have the athletes. cats were also way too slow on defense. hope they get back to normal form next year. tough district as mentioned above definitely did not help.

vet93
11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
The bearcats had a tough season...you have got the win the ones your supposed to win and try and pick off a few you aren't...we lost two winnable games early to Bangs and Jim Ned...that put us out of contention. The muscle of the district, Early and Wall took us down hard. We upset a pretty good coleman team to give us a shot at the playoffs the final game but couldn't beat Early. I grew up running the Wing-T and it served us well. I know the spread can be deadly when run well...but you have to have a kid who can pull the trigger at quarterback when you need to keep a team honest....our qb was too inconsistent to keep people honest and we were not physical enough to muscle anyone...Duke was right...we did not have alot of speed as well. Our kids gave good effort and the coaches did a good job. Coach Brevard is a great guy and a good christian man...I will support the coaches and players as best as I can whether we are 2-8 or 8-2. Hopefully we can rebound...all of our subvarsity teams had winning records...The tough part is that if we were in just about any other west texas district we would be in the playoffs this year...