PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if we have any Radney Foster fans on the board...

big daddy russ
11-14-2006, 05:19 PM
...but if you like him, there's a new guy out, originally from Shiner, who sounds a lot like him. I found him through Myspace, got hooked on his music, and ordered an advance copy of his CD.

Just to let you know, I've bought six CD's over the last three-plus years. Two have been from Jack Johnson. One was Buster Jiggs. Two from Aaron Watson, and Korn's greatest hits. I have too many CD's as it is, so I don't buy them unless the artist just blows me away. This guy did on his first go-round.

Travis Saturday's his name, here's his website. (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85172547) Just played through the CD and I don't regret spending that $13 at all.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
:thinking:

Gobbla2001
11-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
...but if you like him, there's a new guy out, originally from Shiner, who sounds a lot like him. I found him through Myspace, got hooked on his music, and ordered an advance copy of his CD.

Just to let you know, I've bought six CD's over the last three-plus years. Two have been from Jack Johnson. One was Buster Jiggs. Two from Aaron Watson, and Korn's greatest hits. I have too many CD's as it is, so I don't buy them unless the artist just blows me away. This guy did on his first go-round.

Travis Saturday's his name, here's his website. (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85172547) Just played through the CD and I don't regret spending that $13 at all.

is buster jiggs back out there again? I know their lead man had jumped ship...

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks Russ. I have always liked Del Rio boy Radney Foster. He is backing Randy Rogers now & cleaning up his sound. I will have to check this guy out.

Adidas410s
11-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks Russ. I have always liked Del Rio boy Radney Foster. He is backing Randy Rogers now & cleaning up his sound. I will have to check this guy out.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

big daddy russ
11-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
is buster jiggs back out there again? I know their lead man had jumped ship...
I have no clue. They're pretty on-and-off, so I honestly couldn't tell you. Sucks that he jumped ship. His 'mates all write a bunch of good tunes, finally find the perfect guy to sing them, get kind of big for a little bit, then go back to square one.

Originally posted by g$$
I didn't know that. I've liked Foster since I was a kid and have kind of kept up with him ever since. Travis was actually one of my first friends on Myspace, and as soon as I heard him I stayed in touch about the album. He emailed me last week and told me that CDBaby.com had advance copies, and I was all over it like Kirstie Alley on a cupcake.