PDA

View Full Version : Pic of Sweetwater's 1st rd. opponent....

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2006, 11:07 AM
http://www.argyleisd.com/FootballVar.asp

Adidas410s
11-14-2006, 11:08 AM
that background in the picture is kinda creepy...kinda reminds me of "The Ring" if you made it a bit darker!!! :eek:

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
where's the varsity at?

sweetwater07
11-14-2006, 02:14 PM
looks like Middle School.

RMAC
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
That's a good sized team for being in 2A last year.

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
That's a good sized team for being in 2A last year.

too bad they're in 3A this year....:)

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 02:31 PM
:confused: :thinking: :confused:

Boosty_Hondo
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
wow i feel sorry for them

sweetwater07
11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
wow i feel sorry for them

don't feel too bad..they went to state last year in 2A...and made the playoffs in their first year in 3A

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 02:51 PM
I feel sorry for those seniors with this being their last game and all.

AP Panther Fan
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
doesn't appear that they have much cultural diversity there:thinking:

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I didn't want to say anything.

mustang04
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang

whether they be mustangs or players from argyle....sweetwater hasnt won the game yet

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Yeah, on the team or the coaching staff. :thinking:

sic'em
11-14-2006, 05:56 PM
funny that you mentioned the race thing. argyle is where many of the rich white people from denton have moved. they used to send their kids to denton high school, then they built their own high school a few years ago so they didnt have to. of course it is a highly rated school b/c only wealthy whites live there. my sister-in-law/brother-in-law bought a place out there and when they told us, my wife joked, seriously, that their daughter (who's 3) will grow up and never know anyone who's not white.
you have to have some serious coin to get property there. they have insulated themselves b/c of the property values much like southlake did. it really has the potential to duplicate southlake's growth demographically.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
maan hold up! Upset alert fo show

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sic'em
funny that you mentioned the race thing. argyle is where many of the rich white people from denton have moved. they used to send their kids to denton high school, then they built their own high school a few years ago so they didnt have to. of course it is a highly rated school b/c only wealthy whites live there. my sister-in-law/brother-in-law bought a place out there and when they told us, my wife joked, seriously, that their daughter (who's 3) will grow up and never know anyone who's not white.
you have to have some serious coin to get property there. they have insulated themselves b/c of the property values much like southlake did. it really has the potential to duplicate southlake's growth demographically.

well there ya go. This is battle pitting real small town values and diversity against powerful caucasian elites. How could anyone pull for Argyle? We're the underdogs here - I hope David beats Goliath.

bulldogman06
11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Even their jerseys are completely white

Gobbla2001
11-14-2006, 06:02 PM
white power...

these kids have no choice where they're going to school at really... not their fault... they're playing a great game we all love so give 'em some props...

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 06:11 PM
We couldn't even afford uniforms this year in Sweetwater. We had to have a bake sale/carwash at the old abonded Kmart across from Mrs. Allen's fried chicken joint.

I know those kids can't help where they're from - I just want to see the little guy win a big game every now and then.

Gobbla2001
11-14-2006, 06:12 PM
We couldn't even afford uniforms this year in Sweetwater. We had to have a bake sale/carwash at the old abonded Kmart across from Mrs. Allen's fried chicken joint.

I know those kids can't help where they're from - I just want to see the little guy win a big game every now and then.

well when it comes to success out on the football field, I'd have to say that Sweetwater isn't the little guy...

sic'em
11-14-2006, 06:12 PM
btw, it wasnt hard for them to be all white, the only small towns in that area that have had ANY african-americans to begin with are sanger, gainesville, pilot point, celina, farmersville, and whitewright. the rest were historically all white. aubrey for instance is where the coach back in august told his players that they would not be required to practice on “Martin Luther Coon Day.” (Dallas Morning News, 8-24-06) it was on dallas tv and he still kept his job. when i was in high school at pp back in the early 90's, someone from a neighboring town spray-painted "KKK" and "we're gonna kill you n***ers" on our field house one time.

mrescape43
11-14-2006, 06:13 PM

:rolleyes:

jlwzz
11-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
white power...

these kids have no choice where they're going to school at really... not their fault... they're playing a great game we all love so give 'em some props... Nice point gobbla, but i remember this little school that Decatur use to play that looked kinda the same back in 2A , if my old mind can recall it was something like SLC or something:thinking:

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well when it comes to success out on the football field, I'd have to say that Sweetwater isn't the little guy...

you're ruining my PR campaign, Gobbla :D

Gobbla2001
11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
Nice point gobbla, but i remember this little school that Decatur use to play that looked kinda the same back in 2A , if my old mind can recall it was something like SLC or something:thinking:

Yah, I remember them too... Beat Cuero 14-6 in the '93 Championship :(

SWMustang
Originally posted by sic'em
btw, it wasnt hard for them to be all white, the only small towns in that area that have had ANY african-americans

I thought we were talking about the lack of Pakistanis on the Argyle team. Man did I miss the boat on that one :doh:

Gobbla2001
you're ruining my PR campaign, Gobbla :D

Oh, my bad... :( :doh:

jlwzz
11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
you're ruining my PR campaign, Gobbla :D campaign! what are you campaigning? a negative and biased post against a bunch of kids that live with there folks and have no control over it

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 06:22 PM
campaign! what are you campaigning? a negative and biased post against a bunch of kids that live with there folks and have no control over it

I thought we valued diversity here?

Gobbla2001
11-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I thought we valued diversity here?

no, we don't like people who put peanut-butter on their pancakes :mad:

jlwzz
11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
I thought we valued diversity here? I do and i hope all do, but to try to make a big deal out of it is not that teams fault, they earned there way here, and its not for us to judge what there town is like. its FOOTBALL not politics

SWMustang
11-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I do and i hope all do, but to try to make a big deal out of it is not that teams fault, they earned there way here, and its not for us to judge what there town is like. its FOOTBALL not politics

You can pass judgement on anyone you want - you just can't levy a punishment.

Since I value diversity and inclusion, I'm going to pick Sweetwater. Who are you going with?

IHStangFan
11-14-2006, 10:53 PM
has someone been playing w/ Photoshop? :D