PDA

View Full Version : Todd Dodge interested in UNT job?

kaorder1999
11-14-2006, 09:58 AM
SL Carroll's Dodge open to collegiate return

03:40 AM CST on Tuesday, November 14, 2006
By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

DENTON – Southlake Carroll coach and former UNT assistant Todd Dodge said Monday he would consider taking a college coaching job after the current season.

Riley Dodge, a junior quarterback at Carroll, has thrown for 2,628 yards and 36 touchdowns this season.

Southlake Carroll coach Todd Dodge said he hasn't been contacted by UNT officials, but he would be willing to talk at season's end. "Riley and I are looking forward to this window of opportunity, but it is not set in stone that I won't leave before he graduates," Dodge said. "I look at it as pouring myself into each season. If an opportunity comes after the season, then I will look at it."

Dodge has been mentioned as a potential candidate to become the next coach at UNT, which fired Darrell Dickey on Wednesday with three games left in his ninth season. Dodge said he hasn't been contacted by UNT officials, but he would be willing to talk after Carroll's season is over.

Dodge, who was UNT's offensive coordinator from 1992-93, said he would like to get back into college coaching at some point.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/11-06/1113dodge.jpg

CenTexSports
11-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't understand, can someone explain this to me?

If he is currently coaching at the University of SLC, how can it be going BACK to college?

kaorder1999
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I'd hate to be the guy to take over at SLC....one loss and you will be thrown to the wolves!

District303aPastPlayer
11-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I'd hate to be the guy to take over at SLC....one loss and you will be thrown to the wolves!

hahah. no lie.