PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Titans Need to Draft

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:06 AM
What does everyone think Tennessee needs to draft?

1st Round Receiver
2cd Round Lineman
3rd Round Receiver
4-7th round Defensive/O/D Lineman/DB/LB?

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:45 AM
I read where they will be $41 million under the cap & have 10 or 11 draft picks. Should get some players out of that.

Titans need playmakers on offense, rebuild the O-line, & help in the secondary besides thug Pac-Man. That's a good start.

CenTexSports
11-14-2006, 07:09 AM
QB

bandera7
11-14-2006, 08:23 AM
centex, a QB? Young is going to be a stud. The titans really need to draft an O-Line...they have Bennet and Calico at WR, and they have both had good seasons previously. They also do need some serious help on the D...bringing in some help from Free Agency would be ideal, to pick up a couple of big name guys for the D and O-Line, and then just fill in with the Draft.

injuredinmelee
11-14-2006, 08:30 AM
I dont think Bennet or Calico is the prototypical NFL wide reciever. They need help badly at that position. As someone else said they need help in the secondary also.

Phil C
11-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
centex, a QB? Young is going to be a stud. The titans really need to draft an O-Line...they have Bennet and Calico at WR, and they have both had good seasons previously. They also do need some serious help on the D...bringing in some help from Free Agency would be ideal, to pick up a couple of big name guys for the D and O-Line, and then just fill in with the Draft.

He means a backup QB. They are necessary. Remember when Troy would get shaken up and taken out of the game. Fortunately during the glory years we were able to have a good backup that did a good job for us.

Phil C
11-14-2006, 08:53 AM
I told you with Young that Tennessee is guaranteed at least 3 Super Bowls the next 10 years. It could have been Houston if they had done what their fans wanted. Too bad.

CenTexSports
11-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Vince may wind up being an OK NFL QB but he would be an instant stud at WR. Play him like Randel EL. Even though I am not a fan of Vince Young the person, I think he is one heck of an athlete.

His situation is like Billy Pittman, Quan Cosby and a huge number of other great high school QB's. When you get to the next level being a great athlete does not guarantee success at your original position. VY's primary skill is running not passing so use it.

Phil C: You are right, they need to get a really good back up QB so that when they make the change for VY, they will be ready.

awizzy
11-14-2006, 11:55 AM
i would love to see them pick up a guy like calvin johnson or sidney rice...heck even limas sweed...just think if vy had a guy like steve smith...his sats would be better for sure

Phil C
11-14-2006, 11:57 AM
What a huge mistake that the Titans did in not drafting Vince Young.

Phil C
11-14-2006, 11:57 AM
What a huge second mistake they made in not getting Reggie Bush.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett would be a good first round draft pick and they could pick up Kasey Studdard in the second.

Boosty_Hondo
11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
they def need a qb

sahen
11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
i hope they blow the draft...they are still traitors to me, i wish on them many more years of oiler luck...

yes i am still bitter about them leaving

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i hope they blow the draft...they are still traitors to me, i wish on them many more years of oiler luck...

yes i am still bitter about them leaving It pissed me off too. I liked the oiler's jerseys:mad:

handNthedirt
11-14-2006, 03:53 PM
beef up the D...beef up running game with interior OL (gaurds, center)...get VY some weapons on the outside to recieve his passes.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Would you take Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett?

coach
11-14-2006, 04:05 PM
get some d and a qb and move vy to reciever.....

eagles_victory
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i would love to see them pick up a guy like calvin johnson or sidney rice...heck even limas sweed...just think if vy had a guy like steve smith...his sats would be better for sure Sidneys just a sophmore i dont know if he redshirted or not so im not sure if he can come out. I wouldnt draft Sweed he has oven mits for hands. Johnson will be a very high first round pick with his size and speed

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Would you take Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett?

Calvin Johnson right now is rated higher by scouts. Both should do well, but lately USC receivers have not fared as well (Mike Williams, etc.). Titans have O-line problems. Studdard will play on Sundays (like his dad), but you have him rated a bit high for the 2nd round. Guards very seldom go that high (tackles go 1st), so Kasey should be a mid round draft pick.

Don't be a homer man! And Phil C, VY has a LONG WAY to go as an NFL qb. Only time will tell & he must stay healthy. He has been nicked up a lot already in his 1st year. Must improve as a passer like his mentor Steve McNair did to take the next step.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Mike Williams has had a year off before he entered the NFL draft. He ran a 4.5 at the combine which is slow!

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:10 PM
And your point is? Mike Williams has done nothing in the NFL, which was the point. Jarrett & Smith should both be good NFL players.

Calvin Johnson is rated higher & bigger upside. Very similar to Andre Johnson in college (now w/ Texans & doing well). See what they do at the combine.

DeSean Jackson of Cal may end up better than all of them...

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And your point is? Mike Williams has done nothing in the NFL, which was the point. Jarrett & Smith should both be good NFL players.

Calvin Johnson is rated higher & bigger upside. Very similar to Andre Johnson in college (now w/ Texans & doing well). See what they do at the combine.

DeSean Jackson of Cal may end up better than all of them... There wasn't a point. I was just stating that information. I like those guys who come out of no where like Colston of the Saints. I think he leads the NFL