PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Teams

MarginalTalent
11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
We've seen a lot of talk about the teams favored to win it all, but who will have the surprise playoff runs in each region? Who are the Cinderellas and when will the clock strike midnight for them?

hutex04
11-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Look out for La Grange i think they go up to round 3

IHStangFan
11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
out of 30-3A both Ingleside and especially Orange Grove have had somewhat Cinderella seasons.

big daddy russ
11-13-2006, 07:38 PM
LaGrange

Atlanta

Bandera

Two of those three teams finished the year with losing seasons.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Graham is a great cinderella team. At mid season there was key players injured and others quiting the team. They pulled together to take a district championship in a huge way winning the last three games and sending burkburnet to air up the basketballs. I say this flame will last a good while and perhaps send some state champion hopefuls home crying in december.

Hirshi is also a cinderella team with a complete turn around season to gain a playoff birth and could spark something in the playoffs if they pull off the first game.

Cameron Crazy
11-13-2006, 10:06 PM
No doubt Graham has a chance if they keep playing the way they are no one will get past there d!

Chris Hart
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
I'll give you 3 cinderella playoff teams. IMO all these will make longer playoff runs than expected. Waco LaVega, Bandera, and Bellville. I expect all to go at least 3 rounds deep, that would be much more than most expect these teams to do, except maybe some expect this of Bellville. With them I'll go a little further, i expect Bellville to march all the way to the state championship game before falling to Gilmer.

wooden bear
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
out of 30-3A both Ingleside and especially Orange Grove have had somewhat Cinderella seasons.

Because they havent played anyone.

VWG
11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
No doubt Graham has a chance if they keep playing the way they are no one will get past there d!

The Steers need to win ONE playoff game first.
They haven't done that in how long.....?????

big daddy russ
11-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I'll give you 3 cinderella playoff teams. IMO all these will make longer playoff runs than expected. Waco LaVega, Bandera, and Bellville. I expect all to go at least 3 rounds deep, that would be much more than most expect these teams to do, except maybe some expect this of Bellville. With them I'll go a little further, i expect Bellville to march all the way to the state championship game before falling to Gilmer.
I'd buy Bellville going to the title game. That's a helluva team.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear

I thought we played 10 other teams :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
11-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Ingleside smoked a 4A playoff team and a couple of 3A playoff teams.

Granted, they got smoked by another 4A playoff team (district champs Port Lavaca-Calhoun... Ingleside's only loss of the year), but they led until late in the third and kept it within a five until there was about 10 minutes to play. Those final 22 points were all scored in the final frame.

Oh yeah, and the Mustangs were missing five starters, several of which went both ways.

Ingleside may not be as good as your boys up in Cuero, but they're a damn salty team.

bandera7
11-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Should be an interesting playoff run

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by VWG

very true...but at least now Bourquin is gone! ;) McCoy knows what it's like to win playoff games! :thumbsup:

RMAC
11-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Come on now VWG, you know we're BOUND to win one now. Big Daddy B is gone now, even though he had a sucessful program for about 10 years. McCoy knows how to win games. I do wonder though, say Graham does win, if the coach of either Clyde or Sanger will agree to a Saturday game so the McCoy's can go watch Colt play against ATM on Friday.:thinking:

VWG
11-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Come on now VWG, you know we're BOUND to win one now. Big Daddy B is gone now, even though he had a sucessful program for about 10 years. McCoy knows how to win games. I do wonder though, say Graham does win, if the coach of either Clyde or Sanger will agree to a Saturday game so the McCoy's can go watch Colt play against ATM on Friday.:thinking:

Bourquin was a good coach. 5 straight dist. titles, and he went undefeated in district for 4 of those years.
All I am saying is that Graham needs to step up and win one game. They have had some great playoff matches the past few years. Wylie played them double OT a few years ago, etc......
This game for them on Sat. is important.
If Bourquin would have diversified some of his offense like McCoy does he would have some playoff wins when he was at Graham.

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-14-2006, 11:08 AM
We've seen a lot of talk about the teams favored to win it all, but who will have the surprise playoff runs in each region?

I may speaking from the heart instead of the brain but I think RC could make a little noise in D1. I'd rather not have to see Gilmer so soon, but it is what it is. :cheerl:

spiveyrat
11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Not really a surprise to those in SE Texas, but look out for Silsbee. They get almost no mention on here, but they could make some noise in the playoffs.

tigerdad
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Not really a surprise to those in SE Texas, but look out for Silsbee. They get almost no mention on here, but they could make some noise in the playoffs. we will be quiet until GAMETIME !!!!!!!!! Just joking but i really do think silsbee will surprise a few teams in the play-off run !!!!!!!!!!!

RMAC
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Bourquin was a good coach. 5 straight dist. titles, and he went undefeated in district for 4 of those years.
All I am saying is that Graham needs to step up and win one game. They have had some great playoff matches the past few years. Wylie played them double OT a few years ago, etc......
This game for them on Sat. is important.
If Bourquin would have diversified some of his offense like McCoy does he would have some playoff wins when he was at Graham.

I was talking to one of the Graham players the other night when I went home, and we got to talking how it seems like McCoy's offense has changed a lot since the days at Jim Ned when it was throw, throw and throw. He said they actually have some plays from the UT playbook. I would almost call it a 50/50 attack now. But he still knows how to air it out when he wants.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Definately La Grange

MarginalTalent
11-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Surpise, District 5-3A!!

Graham 33, Dalhart 15

Vernon 23, Perryton 7 ...

... and Hirschi was in a position to win against Canyon.

Records don't mean much in the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Surpise, District 5-3A!!

Graham 33, Dalhart 15

What about all that talk that we had a weak district? Good job to all District 6 teams. Even Hirschi. Great year for them and they just almost pulled a major upset of Canyon. Go Steers (I never thought I would say that) and Go Lions!!!!!

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Surpise, District 5-3A!!

Graham 33, Dalhart 15

If Graham can beat Sanger then i'll say they'll be a cinderella team, if they don't their a 6-6 team that beat dalhart....and off the record i hope Clint takes it to Greenwood(i don't see it happenin but it'd be cool)

dogdad
11-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
they won't fall to Gilmer

cinderellas:
Brownsboro
Sanger