PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Has he started to convince any doubters yet?

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I never doubted....:)

You can't Spell Tony Romo without T.O. :D

luvhoops34
11-13-2006, 01:48 PM
He's been my fantasy QB ever since he went in for Bledsoe!

GUNHO
11-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I was sold in preseason.

spiveyrat
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
There were definitely some plays yesterday where he kept his feet where there's no doubt Bledsoe would have folded. :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
He's been my fantasy QB ever since he went in for Bledsoe! Same here. He's why I'm now in the playoff hunt.:D

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
I was sold in preseason. As were many of us. But I'm talking to all those folks that said he wouldn't make it as a starter. I'm just curious if they're sold on him yet. If not, why not?

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
There were definitely some plays yesterday where he kept his feet where there's no doubt Bledsoe would have folded. :thumbsup: Yeah, like the time there was a blitz and Romo scrambled for a first down. Bledsoe would have seen the blitz and then braced for impact.:doh:

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
how can you be sold on him? what has he proven? that he can play a good game? what do you call the washington game?

99IHSMustang
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
how can you be sold on him? what has he proven? that he can play a good game? what do you call the washington game?

Another blown opportunity by the Cowboys to close out a win.

injuredinmelee
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
As were many of us. But I'm talking to all those folks that said he wouldn't make it as a starter. I'm just curious if they're sold on him yet. If not, why not?

were you sold on him after the Washington game? Will he be able to be that productive against a good team? Arizonia is pretty lackluster. One week everyone will hate him the next everyone will love him. All depends on how they finish each week. I predict the Boys go 8-8 and make tee times early again this winter.

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
how can you be sold on him? what has he proven? that he can play a good game? what do you call the washington game? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=5209 look He's not the reason Dallas has lost. The NYG was relief duty

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Has he started to convince any doubters yet?

No, not at all, he beat Arizona... the raiders beat arizona. The only team Arizona has beaten is the 49ers.....wow. if he takes them to the playoffs and wins a few, then i will be convinced

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
I THINK HE'S CUTE:kiss:

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
how can you be sold on him? what has he proven? that he can play a good game? what do you call the washington game? In the Washington game he was 24/36 for 284 yards, 2 tds and 0 int. TO dropped a 70 yard td pass in that game as well. With little time left in the game he drove his team into field goal range only to have it blocked. What else is he supposed to do? Go out and beat up the stupid ref that called a personal foul on that facemask penalty?

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by BULLDAWG-MOM
I THINK HE'S CUTE:kiss: Pervert j/k :D:p

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
No, not at all, he beat Arizona... the raiders beat arizona. The only team Arizona has beaten is the 49ers.....wow. if he takes them to the playoffs and wins a few, then i will be convinced He beat Carolina and put up the most points in THREE YEARS against them.

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
DON'T YOU :confused:

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
were you sold on him after the Washington game? Look at his stats for that game.

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 02:32 PM
DON'T YOU :confused: I do!! :inlove: :) But guys don't like us talking about that!! ssssshhhhhhhhh ;)

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
In the Washington game he was 24/36 for 284 yards, 2 tds and 0 int. TO dropped a 70 yard td pass in that games as well. With little time left in the game he drove his team into field goal range only to have it blocked. What else is he supposed to do?

He was playing Washington. The only good team he has faced is Carolina, and he did ok against them. They have Indy, Tampa, NYG, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Philly all next, we will see how well he does against them.

GUNHO
11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I was sold in preseason he was better than bledso and still thank so.Will he be able to take this team further than bledso could?I think so.Make the playoffs?........going to be tough but a better chance with tony.

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I do!! But guys don't like us talking about that!! ssssshhhhhhhhh

Heres what I think about that :p

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Romo is 2nd (behind Peyton Manning) in QB rating.

Carolina's defense in 9th against the pass and Romo threw for 270 against them with 1 TD and 1 Int. (not great, but pretty darn good)

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I just wish they would start playing better from the start of football games. No more of this not scoring in the first quarter stuff.

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Romo is 4th in QB rating.

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Romo is 4th in QB rating. ESPN has him 2nd.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics)

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 03:03 PM
NFL.com has him 4th. they also have him playing in 9 games?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/QB-PASSING/2006/regular

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
NFL.com has him 4th. they also have him playing in 9 games?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/QB-PASSING/2006/regular I guess Batch and Rosenfeld don't have enought attempts to qualify on ESPN's ratings.

footballgal
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I am having so much fun watching the Cowboys now! It's also nice to see Romo, having FUN playing the game, you just see his big smile. I think he is doing an excellent job, for the Cowboys.

On a side note, it was sad to hear about Ellis, he had been doing great, at his new position, for it to end just like that. I hope he has a full recovery and comes back next season.

Originally posted by GUNHO
I was sold in preseason he was better than bledso and still thank so.Will he be able to take this team further than bledso could?I think so.Make the playoffs?........going to be tough but a better chance with tony.

Me too, and I also agree with you on the chances gone up for the playoffs, with Romo at the helm.

footballgal
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
NM

kepdawg
11-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I think they should start Matt Baker! :D

luvhoops34
11-13-2006, 03:45 PM

I call it 17 points for my fantasy team!! :D

spiveyrat
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
DON'T YOU :confused:

Yeah, he does. :D

GreenMachine
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Romo is doing a fine job! Am I sold on him, not yet, but he is doing better than Bledsoe and I think he will only get better! :thumbsup:

carter08
11-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Blah
Blah
Blah

The Cowboys will still miss the playoffs
They played the freakin Cardinals
Tony Homo is not that good

spiveyrat
11-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Blah
Blah
Blah

Blasphemy! You are hereby revoked your Texas citizenship. :tongue: :dispntd:

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Blah
Blah
Blah

Wow, carter and I agree on somethin. I like the Cowboys though...

coach
11-13-2006, 05:36 PM

he didnt loose that...

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
who cares????

what Carter thinks

:devil:

Emerson1
11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Cardinals or not, on one play he broke the tackles of 2 defensive linemen then threw a long completion. Something Bledsoe could never do.

Gobbla2001
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Cardinals or not, on one play he broke the tackles of 2 defensive linemen then threw a long completion. Something Bledsoe could never do.

Bledsoe fell over in the wake of linemen... he couldn't scramble an egg...

ROMO scrambles eggs better than IHOP and doesn't fall down like a puss...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Romo at times has appear to rush some passes and throw them short and with that he still playing great, few more games under his belt and he will be hard to stop. Cowboys have outscored the Colts 250 to 249 and the Colts are clicking on all cylinders lol.

carter08
11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
who cares????

what Carter thinks

:devil:

You know you do :D

Tweeder215
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
I know that this isn't really being debated here but the in the argument of who is better, Romo or Bledsoe, everyone is looking at the wrong part. I don't think Romo is a better QB but I think he is the better QB for the Cowboys because their O-Line is awful and Romo can move. If their O-line was as good as the Cowboy lines of yore then this wouldn't even be a debate. Take for example Emmit Smith, is he the best RB to ever play the game?? NO, but he did have the best O-line assembled in the NFL and thats why he is the all time leading rusher. Anyone disagree?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
look at how when Dallas won with bledsoe they were blowouts because of no pressure and had time to throw and when he gets some time he tear up a defense.But and a Big But if any little pressure he crumbles which is a indication that time has pass him by.

Gobbla2001
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I know that this isn't really being debated here but the in the argument of who is better, Romo or Bledsoe, everyone is looking at the wrong part. I don't think Romo is a better QB but I think he is the better QB for the Cowboys because their O-Line is awful and Romo can move. If their O-line was as good as the Cowboy lines of yore then this wouldn't even be a debate. Take for example Emmit Smith, is he the best RB to ever play the game?? NO, but he did have the best O-line assembled in the NFL and thats why he is the all time leading rusher. Anyone disagree?

Sure, the Cowboys Oline isn't the greatest, but these days the OLINE's and defenses are more evenly matched than they were let's say 10 years ago.. basically in this day and age you need a more mobile QB, one who doesn't throw in the towel at the first site of things going wrong... that's this day and age... in this day and age Romo is the better decision...

mrescape43
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM

Emmit Smith is the all time leading rusher only because Barry Sanders pulled his stunt. If Barry had finished his career out playing the last 5 or 6 years he would be a long way past Smith.

Tweeder215
11-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Emmit Smith is the all time leading rusher only because Barry Sanders pulled his stunt. If Barry had finished his career out playing the last 5 or 6 years he would be a long way past Smith.

Ya, that is what I was saying. Smith wasn't the best RB ever just had the best line.

mrescape43
11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Ya, that is what I was saying. Smith wasn't the best RB ever just had the best line.

I'll agree to that.

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I'll agree to that.

Barry Sanders, his initials are BS and thats all that talk is. you cant say if barry sanders this or that. Well, what if shaun alexander had every year like he did last year? he didnt, he got hurt. who knows what happens to a running back. Smith was durable, tough, and arguably the best runner in the history of the NFL. you can say what you want, but you cant dispute the facts

coach
11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Barry Sanders, his initials are BS and thats all that talk is. you cant say if barry sanders this or that. Well, what if shaun alexander had every year like he did last year? he didnt, he got hurt. who knows what happens to a running back. Smith was durable, tough, and arguably the best runner in the history of the NFL. you can say what you want, but you cant dispute the facts

first of all emmitt is prolly the third best back behindjames brown and sweetness..bc barry or BS whimpped out......he cant handle getting hit....dont get me wrong baryy makes moves emmit cant even dream of but overall emmitt is better...secoundly...look at the num. romo has produced.....and look who bledsoe has beaten...wash., houston.....and he lost the game in philly.....romo hasnt done that...watch out bc romo is goin to be oe of the leagues top qb's....nothing like a mcnab or rivers or manning more like a little manning and a steve young........romo should have started from day one...if that would happen this wunday we would be watching two undefeated teams.....

Leopards,class of 75
11-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Tony Romo is a breath of fresh air for the Cowboy's! It's about time the Cowboy's use a young Q.B. to run thier offence. Tony reminds me a little of Brett Farve in his style of Q.B.

mrescape43
11-13-2006, 09:37 PM

All you have to do is listen to Emmit in his interviews. He himself says that if Barry Sanders hadn't retired everyone would be chasing Barry and not Emmit.

tigerbyheart
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Bledsoe fell over in the wake of linemen... he couldn't scramble an egg...

ROMO scrambles eggs better than IHOP and doesn't fall down like a puss... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by coach
first of all emmitt is prolly the third best back behindjames brown and sweetness..bc barry or BS whimpped out......he cant handle getting hit....dont get me wrong baryy makes moves emmit cant even dream of but overall emmitt is better...secoundly...look at the num. romo has produced.....and look who bledsoe has beaten...wash., houston.....and he lost the game in philly.....romo hasnt done that...watch out bc romo is goin to be oe of the leagues top qb's....nothing like a mcnab or rivers or manning more like a little manning and a steve young........romo should have started from day one...if that would happen this wunday we would be watching two undefeated teams.....

Steve Young? wow. wait, didnt we lose to washington with Romo?

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 11:09 PM
How is it Romo's fault they lost to washington?

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
How is it Romo's fault they lost to washington?

How would we be looking at two undefeated teams if they still lost when romo started? im not sayin it was romos fault

Txbroadcaster
11-13-2006, 11:13 PM

Kind of funny that BEFORe Emmit became the stud RB 3 starters in that great line were Nate Newton who was considered to fat and slow before Emmit..Pro Bowl after....Mark Stepnoski before Emmit..to small to be a center..after Emmit Pro Bowl...Mark Tunei before Emmit...a converted DL who was a project..after Emmit a Pro Bowler

IMO Emmit was as good for the line as the line was as good for him

bulldogman06
11-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Kind of funny that BEFORe Emmit became the stud RB 3 starters in that great line were Nate Newton who was considered to fat and slow before Emmit..Pro Bowl after....Mark Stepnoski before Emmit..to small to be a center..after Emmit Pro Bowl...Mark Tunei before Emmit...a converted DL who was a project..after Emmit a Pro Bowler

IMO Emmit was as good for the line as the line was as good for him

YES! thank you, I had no clue about this, it just goes to further my belief

bandera7
11-13-2006, 11:41 PM
All of these what ifs...Well you know what, Barry Sanders didnt rush for over 18,000 yards. It doesnt matter what he could have done, he didnt. I couldve caught that ball...I mean if I would have been in...if I hadnt gotten hurt...if I wouldn't have called it quits...IF doesnt matter. Emmit went out and got it done, and he did it with class as well. I will say, though, I see him as second on my list, behind Earl Campbell. Earl Campbell was just amazing. He had no line. And as for Emmits line, look at what txbroadcaster said...proves the point that Emmit helped his line out.