PDA

View Full Version : Band news

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2006, 12:30 PM
This past Saturday, members of the Liberty Hill Jr. High bands travelled to Taylor for Regional Band tryouts. I'm not sure how many of our kids tried out, but 30 kids made either the Symphonic or Concert band. Even better, our youngest son made 2nd chair Concert band. For those who are clueless like I was until Saturday, Symphonic is like the "A" team and Concert is like the "B" team. The kids who made either will travel to Manor Friday afternoon for practices, spend the night, more practices, then will perform a concert Saturday night. Congrats to all the kids who qualified for either. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Woo hoo!!!

WTG "youngest son"!!:D :D

Gobbla2001
11-13-2006, 12:32 PM
As I glanced across the topics, I thought this thread was titled "Bad News"... I then realized it said "Band News", which turns out to be Bad News...

jk, congrats little panther noise makers

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 12:36 PM
NO BAND TALK ON THE DOWNLOW!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

j/k....congrats to your son!!! I've been through and judged many of those competitions and they are stressful times for all involved. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I just hope handndirt replies...I am looking forward to the smack down between him and LHPM!!

:D

handNthedirt
11-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
NO BAND TALK ON THE DOWNLOW!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why the hell not? This is a forum dealing with all activities at the 3A level.....these kids work their tails off everyday and deserve a little recognition for their beating, blowing, and sugar-footin' around.:p

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Why the hell not? This is a forum dealing with all activities at the 3A level.....these kids work their tails off everyday and deserve a little recognition for their beating, blowing, and sugar-footin' around.:p
Don't be jealous of him. :p He started on the 7th grade "A" team in football, both ways in a couple of games and began basketball practice Friday morning. And if you ever smelled his socks after a football practice, there's no way would you post sugar in the same sentence as feet. :D

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And if you ever smelled his socks after a football practice, there's no way would you post sugar in the same sentence as feet. :D

ROFLMAO!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

handNthedirt
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Don't be jealous of him. :p He started on the 7th grade "A" team in football, both ways in a couple of games and began basketball practice Friday morning. And if you ever smelled his socks after a football practice, there's no way would you post sugar in the same sentence as feet. :D

football, thump thump, and band?....since he's playing football, I won't call CPS.......not just yet.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
football, thump thump, and band?....since he's playing football, I won't call CPS.......not just yet.
And track....and little league. :cool:

marlin fan
11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Congrats lil man!! wooohoo go band!!

mwynn05
11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
This past Saturday, members of the Liberty Hill Jr. High bands travelled to Taylor for Regional Band tryouts. I'm not sure how many of our kids tried out, but 30 kids made either the Symphonic or Concert band. Even better, our youngest son made 2nd chair Concert band. For those who are clueless like I was until Saturday, Symphonic is like the "A" team and Concert is like the "B" team. The kids who made either will travel to Manor Friday afternoon for practices, spend the night, more practices, then will perform a concert Saturday night. Congrats to all the kids who qualified for either. :clap: :clap: :clap: LHPM I would compare it more to 1st team all district and 2nd team all district than a team and b team

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
LHPM I would compare it more to 1st team all district and 2nd team all district than a team and b team
I didn't think of it that way, just put what my son told me. But, I like the way you think! :)

mwynn05
11-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I didn't think of it that way, just put what my son told me. But, I like the way you think! :) I thought you would

ILS1
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
As I glanced across the topics, I thought this thread was titled "Bad News"... I then realized it said "Band News", which turns out to be Bad News...

jk, congrats little panther noise makers

LOL!!! I did the same exact thing Gobbla!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :devil:

Cats Fan
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah its actually "All Region " band tryouts...and there are a buttload of kids that practice for this and go out there and try out. They dont know who is judging and the judges dont know who is performing. ....so this is actually bigger than "All District"...kids competing for a limited amount of seats availabe....congrats to him! and yes...its 1st team and 2nd team if you wanna look at it that way!