PDA

View Full Version : Region IV POTW

injuredinmelee
11-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Ingleside over Sinton 31-6 for the district title
QB Josh Coffield (son of Fish's Mom on the board) 10-14 passing, 187 yds, 3 TDs, 41 rushing yds

I know he plays safety for us, too. Wish I had defensive stats (if he played defense this game).

Corey Baker
PASSING
9-21, 102 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

RUSHING
28-200, 3 TDs

302 Total Yards. Accounted for all 4 LV TDs.

QB Kyle Noack...22-29-0 for 303 yds. and 4 TD's

RB Andy Werner, Hondo
19 carries, 177 yards,2 td's
2 receptions, 36 yards
Made a 42 yard Fg

Oscar Rodriquez (fullback) 5 carries for 120 yds. and 2 tds. Did not play most of second half. He also is Orange Groves's leading rusher and scorer for the year.

Boosty_Hondo
11-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Andy helped in Hondo's district championship over Devine 38-13

JT44
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
What do you think Cuero fans?
Is Kyle the best qb ever at CHS
I know there's Brad Goebel, Clint Finley, Matt Hughes
As a HIGH SCHOOL QB I think Kyle is the best one to play for the gobblers. I am pretty confident saying he's the best one I have seen play.
Goebel, Finley, and Hughes all went to D1 schools and two of them to the NFL, the future is not yet know about Kyle but as far as leading this Cuero team over the last few years on offense and one year of defense as a soph. he's got to be one of the favorites.

Gobbla2001
11-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JT44
As a HIGH SCHOOL QB I think Kyle is the best one to play for the gobblers. I am pretty confident saying he's the best one I have seen play.
Goebel, Finley, and Hughes all went to D1 schools and two of them to the NFL, the future is not yet know about Kyle but as far as leading this Cuero team over the last few years on offense and one year of defense as a soph. he's got to be one of the favorites.

I like Noack...

Goebel was good enough to be a QB in the NFL, Finley was just a great runner, but started in the secondary for Nebraska in the late 90's, dunno never saw Matt Hughes (isn't he in the UFC?)...

Noack is the only one whose career I've actually followed due to how many games I've seen... but they're all good ones...

Andrew Heard could have been better maybe with a different offense, his passing game improved from '98 when he led us to state as a sophmore to '00... GREAT runner with great speed...

Gobbla2001
11-13-2006, 11:54 AM
ew, and I made you a new signature:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5656/spurs1ss7.jpg

GreenGobbla
11-13-2006, 01:56 PM

haha.....uh, no!

JT44
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
haha.....uh, no!

Do you have any suggestions?

JT44
11-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I like Noack...

Goebel was good enough to be a QB in the NFL, Finley was just a great runner, but started in the secondary for Nebraska in the late 90's, dunno never saw Matt Hughes (isn't he in the UFC?)...

Noack is the only one whose career I've actually followed due to how many games I've seen... but they're all good ones...

Andrew Heard could have been better maybe with a different offense, his passing game improved from '98 when he led us to state as a sophmore to '00... GREAT runner with great speed...

Matt Hughes was probably the biggest, I may be wrong but I think I meet Doug Hughes, either was both of those boys were good. one of them went to Iowa.
Cuero was headed to state until doug went down in a playoff game and they lost to I think it was Hitchcock.

44INAROW
11-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Matt went to Iowa, played all 4 years - lost track of him after that. Doug was tragically killed in an auto accident when he was in college

JT44
11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Matt went to Iowa, played all 4 years - lost track of him after that. Doug was tragically killed in an auto accident when he was in college
Which one was the oldest, I remember watching them when my cousin was in high school
Now that you mention I do recall hearing about Doug

44INAROW
11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Which one was the oldest, I remember watching them when my cousin was in high school
Now that you mention I do recall hearing about Doug

Doug was the oldest - Matt graduated in 1994 - I believe he was in Eastland at the time

gobbler grad
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
I must have alzheimers...:confused: cause I don't remember either one of them...:( it was just 8 years ago too...that's scary...:eek:

44INAROW
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I must have alzheimers...:confused: cause I don't remember either one of them...:( it was just 8 years ago too...that's scary...:eek:

bad case of the CRS huh? :D
actually - Matt left here mid-term his Freshman year - so he'd of been a Freshman in 1990 or 91 - so I guess that means Doug must of been the QB in either 89 or 1990 - so that is really 16 years.......... you're not as senile as you thought GG :D

Gobbla2001
11-13-2006, 05:48 PM
it was just 8 years ago too...that's scary...

now that's funny...

GreenMachine
11-13-2006, 05:52 PM
I must have alzheimers...:confused: cause I don't remember either one of them...:( it was just 8 years ago too...that's scary...:eek: I don't remember them either, not at all. It must be where we work :eek:

gobbler grad
11-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I don't remember them either, not at all. It must be where we work :eek:

yeah, let's sue DuPont...since they sold out on us...:(

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Baker...

Region IV is the toughest to win

GreenMachine
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
yeah, let's sue DuPont...since they sold out on us...:( Think we could get enough for a 12 pack :D

GreenMachine
11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Goebel, Finley, and Hughes all went to D1 schools and two of them to the NFL, the future is not yet know about Kyle but as far as leading this Cuero team over the last few years on offense and one year of defense as a soph. he's got to be one of the favorites. They were (are) all great qb's. Each one brought something different to the table. I, personally, wouldn't pass on any of them. :thumbsup:

gobblers?
11-14-2006, 09:41 PM
didnt kyle fumble 3 times against goliad?

GreenMachine
11-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by gobblers?
didnt kyle fumble 3 times against goliad? I think twice. One was a fumbled snap, which may or may not have been his fault and the second he was scrambling and the ball just slipped out of his hand.